Hearts Women - Glasgow City 2 Hearts 0

3fingersreid

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

How can people not grasp that is what i don’t understand 😞 

I accept it's not perfect but you can either get on with things and look to make them better or..................................

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• 3fingersreid

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, Hesh said:

This is really simple.

Wee Betty wants to play football, she wants to play for Hearts,

She goes to Hearts but they don't have a team so she gets told to clear off 

She goes to Hibs who invest in her

Betty has sprogs, Betty tells Sprogs don't bother with Hearts they aren't interested. 

The Women's team and Academy are here to stay like it or not. If we're ever in the situation we're getting rid of either I suspect it'll be game over for the mens team too. 

And if after years of investment the womens team is still hemorrhaging money? 

48 minutes ago, Hesh said:

This is really simple.

Wee Betty wants to play football, she wants to play for Hearts,

She goes to Hearts but they don't have a team so she gets told to clear off 

She goes to Hibs who invest in her

Betty has sprogs, Betty tells Sprogs don't bother with Hearts they aren't interested. 

The Women's team and Academy are here to stay like it or not. If we're ever in the situation we're getting rid of either I suspect it'll be game over for the mens team too. 

I had an auntie called Betty.  She never wanted to play football but she was in the same hospital ward once as Sean Connery's mum.

Your of course 100% right but you'll never convince our dinosaur branch.

Nookie Bear

Bar one or two, I’m not sure anyone is saying Hearts should not have a team. It’s the level of investment that is the question 🤷‍♂️

When possible, Hearts fans need to get to those games and support the team in person. 

Forever Hearts
28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I had an auntie called Betty.  She never wanted to play football but she was in the same hospital ward once as Sean Connery's mum.

Your of course 100% right but you'll never convince our dinosaur branch.

Nobody has said we shouldn't have a womens team, they're only concerned where the funding is coming from and if they will be self sustainable at some point. All those involved with womens football need to grow a thicker skin and realise that criticism is part and parcel of football. They are not above it. 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

What evidence is there to say it doesn’t its common sense ffs! If you engage more areas of the population you’ll attract more interest. Stop being an obstinate arse.

As I said you are arguing for the sake of arguing....

The evidence which we do have is that families and women attending games  increased dramatically before we were activity promoting the Women’s game. 

We have seen no meaningful changes since we started paying for the Women’s team.

The way to attract more people to Tynecastle is a combination of the team doing better on the park and an improved match day experience. 

3fingersreid
4 hours ago, sadj said:

Wait what you have a daughter? A daughter that plays football. 😮😮

Was proper impressed with what she said to me about the way they went out to prove to themselves a point in the Hibs game. Absolutely brilliant mentality from them all 🤘🏻

Not me , you must be getting mixed up 😉

I wish someone at Hearts would release the figures for what the women’s team has actually cost ( I wouldn’t include A Kirks wage as he was / is an employee) the club. 

no travel expenses

no wage payments 

no outside medical insurance ( that was muted but I don’t think happened) 

they do have the price of 

strips 

very occasionally a bus for travel

use of Oriam 

payment to officials ( useless buggers at that level too) 

As for the grow a thicker skin comment , I think I’ve proved in the past that I’ll debate with anyone the good and bad of women’s football , I won’t debate with anyone who says it’s crap simply because it’s women or girls playing it . 

29 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The evidence which we do have is that families and women attending games  increased dramatically before we were activity promoting the Women’s game. 

We have seen no meaningful changes since we started paying for the Women’s team.

The way to attract more people to Tynecastle is a combination of the team doing better on the park and an improved match day experience. 

The Women’s team has just started. Tired of trying to debate with an obstinate arse. Go argue with someone else. Several good points have been made and you sweep over them. 

15 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Not me , you must be getting mixed up 😉

I wish someone at Hearts would release the figures for what the women’s team has actually cost ( I wouldn’t include A Kirks wage as he was / is an employee) the club. 

no travel expenses

no wage payments 

no outside medical insurance ( that was muted but I don’t think happened) 

they do have the price of 

strips 

very occasionally a bus for travel

use of Oriam 

payment to officials ( useless buggers at that level too) 

As for the grow a thicker skin comment , I think I’ve proved in the past that I’ll debate with anyone the good and bad of women’s football , I won’t debate with anyone who says it’s crap simply because it’s women or girls playing it . 

🤣🤣

Interesting would be to balance it with the perceived interest or income that has arisen by setting up the academy too. Pulling in a group we might not necessarily have got interested in us. Handing fans to the likes of Hibs.

Tommy Brown
17 hours ago, McCrae said:

Yip.

Hearts women are frankly taking the flack because our main team have been a shambles for 3,4 years.

Nobody would care a jot otherwise.

I will never be swayed that its a bigger embarrassment to our club had we not been supporting a womens team from our club.

18 hours ago, sadj said:

The Women’s team has just started. Tired of trying to debate with an obstinate arse. Go argue with someone else. Several good points have been made and you sweep over them. 

Great. You can’t produce anything to support your blinkered Woke view that the club financially benefits from Women’s football. It doesn’t.

I fully support women’s football at Hearts, it’s how it’s funded I have an issue with.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Great. You can’t produce anything to support your blinkered Woke view that the club financially benefits from Women’s football. It doesn’t.

I fully support women’s football at Hearts, it’s how it’s funded I have an issue with.

How is it funded and by how much?

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Yip.

Hearts women are frankly taking the flack because our main team have been a shambles for 3,4 years.

Nobody would care a jot otherwise.

I will never be swayed that its a bigger embarrassment to our club had we not been supporting a womens team from our club.

Agree… If our club was in a better financial position it wouldn’t really matter either… but the reality is our financial position is pretty poor even before Covid. We are a long way away from having the financially sustainable  club AB promised.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

How is it funded and by how much?

Not all of the information is published.

We know that a six figured salary was budgeted to pay for the Director of Women’s Football.

We also know that atleast 6 staff have been recruited to support the women’s game…this includes the social media team.

If the club was doing well financially it wouldn’t be a big deal…. but we are not. If it wasn’t for the FOH contributions we would be in serious difficulty.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We know that a six figured salary was budgeted to pay for the Director of Women’s Football.

We also know that atleast 6 staff have been recruited to support the women’s game…this includes the social media team.

If the club was doing well financially it wouldn’t be a big deal…. but we are not. If it wasn’t for the FOH contributions we would be in serious difficulty.

If Hearts are providing the funding it will need to be in the accounts somewhere.

I recall a six figure sum being donated by ‘benefactors’ for the women’s side about a year or so ago. Someone also mentioned that 1% of FoH donations goes towards the women’s team as well. 

Does @Footballfirst have any info on the funding?

Stendelnator
17 minutes ago, McCrae said:

From what I understand Andy Kirk is the only member of staff on the womens team that is paid to work with them. Most are volunteers. Some work at the academy and coach all levels. I think Kevin Murphy was getting a big salary but since Kirk was already at the club they didn’t need to pay for a replacement 

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

From what I understand Andy Kirk is the only member of staff on the womens team that is paid to work with them. Most are volunteers. Some work at the academy and coach all levels. I think Kevin Murphy was getting a big salary but since Kirk was already at the club they didn’t need to pay for a replacement 

I am genuinely amazed that Aaron Hughes is working for nothing. He has massive experience and must have enough contacts in the game to get paid work.

Fair play to him if he is though.

Stendelnator
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I am genuinely amazed that Aaron Hughes is working for nothing. He has massive experience and must have enough contacts in the game to get paid work.

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2021/march/aaron-hughes-joins-irish-fa-as-elite-football-development-consultant

Looks like he has a day job and just does this to help out 

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Gets right stuck in too , spends plenty of time guiding them and taking them under his wing. You can see the benefits 🤘🏻

Edited by sadj

3 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

No point mate... 

The whole we’d be in financial ruin without FoH says all you need to know about the thought process of the posters. Save it for a sensible debate with people not just trying to be arsey. 

@davemclaren do we sponsor any of the female team directly like we do the men? 

Cheers 👍

It did seem odd!

You arent allowed an opinion now , you’ve been outed as a bear 🤣

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

No point mate... 

The whole we’d be in financial ruin without FoH says all you need to know about the thought process of the posters. Save it for a sensible debate with people not just trying to be arsey. 

We do sponsor one of the players. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

👍🏻 Iv missed that cheers for clarifying , hopefully @Footballfirst can enlighten us on the funding and our horrendous financial position and pending admin now too

Edited by sadj

Fort Vallance
On 03/06/2021 at 13:46, Nookie Bear said:

It’s an odd (but fascinating) feature of the women’s game that it is generally welcomed and applauded by a huge number of people but still struggles to get paying punters in through the turnstiles. 

Internationals do alright I think?

Sounds like Rugby to me. Where do the 70 odd thousand that go to Murrayfield with their green wellies and Barbour jackets go when the club games are on ?

Fort Vallance

We're probably still paying him. Not a problem as he's  contributing as much now as he did when he was here.

coatbridgejambo

It's just a pity females generally don't like football. Seeing as the mens game is supported generally by men. More women need to support their game but that's just not gony happen 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

No point mate... 

You really think that it wouldn’t be a big deal if the £1.5 million annual contribution from FOH stopped.

Without the FOH contribution our club would be in serious difficulties.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

One of the main objectives of the Budge plan was to make sure the club is not put at risk again by overspending. We were to live within our means.  This hasn’t been achieved. 
We need to get a grip on spending or we run the risk of going into Administration again.  
At this time we cannot afford to spend on areas that won’t generate a return for the club.

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

One of the main objectives of the Budge plan was to make sure the club is not put at risk again by overspending. We were to live within our means.  This hasn’t been achieved. 
We need to get a grip on spending or we run the risk of going into Administration again.  
At this time we cannot afford to spend on areas that won’t generate a return for the club.

9 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You really think that it wouldn’t be a big deal if the £1.5 million annual contribution from FOH stopped.

Without the FOH contribution our club would be in serious difficulties.

I wouldn’t like it and we’d need to cut cloth but it wouldn’t change our improved income nor would it change the fact your argument and trying to say we are heading for admin if we dont watch it is ridiculous. As I said argue with someone else I don’t see the point in going back and forth with you on any this. 

Budge bad she make us spend money we not have.... We do have it though. Yeah but if we didn’t 🙈

Footballfirst
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If Hearts are providing the funding it will need to be in the accounts somewhere.

I recall a six figure sum being donated by ‘benefactors’ for the women’s side about a year or so ago. Someone also mentioned that 1% of FoH donations goes towards the women’s team as well. 

Does @Footballfirst have any info on the funding?

I have as much idea as you do about the funding of the women's team. I don't recall seeing any allocations in the last accounts, nor was there an open AGM,  for anyone from the floor being able to ask questions, either of the club or FOH.

Spellczech

I'll be honest, I'm not interested in the Women's football team, and I doubt I will ever go to watch them play. Likewise I am not an uberfan who can sit down and just watch any team play football...

However, that doesn't mean I don't think there should be a women's team. Do I have a problem with the club allocating £100k to women's football and the remaining £8m+ to the men's team? No, not in the least. I have a far bigger problem with us paying silly wages for 4 years to the likes of Loic Damour than I have with anything connected to the women's team...

Edited by Spellczech

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I'll be honest, I'm not interested in the Women's football team, and I doubt I will ever go to watch them play. Likewise I am not an uberfan who can sit down and just watch any team play football...

However, that doesn't mean I don't think there should be a women's team. Do I have a problem with the club allocating £100k to women's football and the other £8m to the men's team? No, not in the least. I have a far bigger problem with us paying silly wages for 4 years to the likes of Loic Damour than I have with anything connected to the women's team...

Fag packet maths but his wages could probably pay the entire women’s team £200 a week each for part-time football. 

Glasgow City prob win their last title with a 2-0 win over Rangers. 

We played well apparently but scored in stoppage time then conceded in stoppage time to draw 1-1 with Spartans

Edited by sadj

3fingersreid

What a bloody great game that was , gutted to draw , especially so late on but yet another improvement in performance . 

3fingersreid

Think that’s Kirk and Hughes last game , which if confirmed is disappointing but not unexpected sadly 

With no relegation I thought it was an opportunity to develop.

Maybe it was what has happened. You need to have good direction in the set up. Not tread water. So important decisions now.

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Think that’s Kirk and Hughes last game , which if confirmed is disappointing but not unexpected sadly 

Where are you hearing this information from ?

3fingersreid
17 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Where are you hearing this information from ?

My daughter 

ooh-aah-cantona

It’ll be interesting to see how Hearts / Joe Savage approach this recruitment for a new manager.

Hearts could look to appoint one of their existing Women’s First Team / U19 coaches or show a bit of ambition and target a proven SWPFL manager.

Shelley Kerr is free 👀

rudi must stay

They'd do alright if they brought in, one of the best women's coaches there's ever been, in Shelley Kerr. This place doesn't really have much clue about women's football and to be honest neither do I so that fine

3fingersreid

Shelly Kerr has a role with the English FA but could she do a part time job at Hearts? 
Grant Scott the ex hibs manager was quoted before A Kirk last year , maybe a year out has recharged his batteries?

Either way if it’s full time or part time they need to move fairly fast as they are back training in less than 3 weeks I think .

if it is full time then wages to be paid will need to be attractive to someone doing it , not sure whilst the team are in effect unpaid amateurs a full time coach /manager is required . Depends on what the club want from the team . 

ooh-aah-cantona
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Shelly Kerr has a role with the English FA but could she do a part time job at Hearts? 
Grant Scott the ex hibs manager was quoted before A Kirk last year , maybe a year out has recharged his batteries?

Either way if it’s full time or part time they need to move fairly fast as they are back training in less than 3 weeks I think .

if it is full time then wages to be paid will need to be attractive to someone doing it , not sure whilst the team are in effect unpaid amateurs a full time coach /manager is required . Depends on what the club want from the team . 

Grant would be a great choice. Obviously was previously at Hearts before he went to Hibs.

John Findlay
13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Well done Charlotte 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🇱🇻

75C62FD5-A3C2-49A7-B8E3-DA440EC63AC5.jpeg

Very well done seeing as she is the only non based Glasgow player in the team. Would appear the women's game is going the same way as the men's game up here. Glasgow centric. So sad, so very sad.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Very well done seeing as she is the only non based Glasgow player in the team. Would appear the women's game is going the same way as the men's game up here. Glasgow centric. So sad, so very sad.

If the gap grows, they'll be off to the English league.

Maybe that's the plan for Rangers and Celtic. Not actually about womens football. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

If the gap grows, they'll be off to the English league.

Maybe that's the plan for Rangers and Celtic. Not actually about womens football. 

It wouldnt surprise me, now that Sky have exclusive rights to the women's super league in England.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Priscila Chinchilla...right...someone's having me on, aye?

Costa Rican international.

Glasgow made some out of the ordinary signings to try to keep up with Rangers and Celtic. 

20210610_092200.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

Your goalkeeper being assessed as best in league is a big achievement. Maybe the amount of work and saves she had to do for bottom of league team. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Sounds like it's been made up, 'cause they couldn't pronounce her real name. :lol:

Hearts to sign Mitzu Shitzu,  from Japan next season.

Good idea. 

We have had players from America but that's boring. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Hearts Women - Glasgow City 2 Hearts 0