Standard kick back😜

th-3028555504.jpg

19 hours ago, Tazio said:

Apart from correct use of capital letters it would appear 😂

Phone autocorrect 😐😂

Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly
On 24/06/2023 at 13:18, Mr Sifter said:

I’m amazed at the range of topics that you find in The Shed, but more and more these days I find subjects being covered that I know nothing about. But less present is folk admitting they know nothing about it. 

The gender/TRANS carry on. I’ve got feelings based on my own limited knowledge of the subject, but certainly not enough knowledge of the subject to start arguing about it on here…

The Russia/Ukraine conflict? I know not what led to it, what it’s all about, and if/how it will end. Its not somethin I’ve focussed on…

There are a million and one things in life that I simply dunno enough about to form an educated opinion. So as a result, I keep my trap shut, and freely admit I’m not clued up enough. Reading the Shed though, it seems I’m in a tiny tiny minority. 

I could go on, but I won’t. I suppose the point I’m making is, how come so many on here seem to be so entrenched in their views on so so many topics? How can that possibly be? Are you guys actually experts on everything?

Does anyone want to join me in admitting the subjects/topics/current events they know Jack shit about? C’mon, just admit it. It’s actually quite liberating 🤪

I CAN however, categorically confirm that Hibs are shite. 

I was talking about this kind of thing the other day. I think it's impossible not to have an opinion about everything but it's important to realise when your opinion is formed on insufficient knowledge. It's also important to remember that your opinion could well be wrong and you should always be prepared to reevaluate it. 

Watt-Zeefuik

I read a bunch of stuff in the Shed in particular without chiming in. I probably spend as much time on the various Scottish/UK politics threads as anywhere but only chime in when either something I happen to know something about crops up or, more often, I've had a few and the filter comes off.

Even on things that I'm supposedly a credentialed expert in, there's so much in those fields that I don't know either.