Charity Shield, Wembley.

japanjambo

Looking to go to this match as will be in London. Anybody know best place to get tickets?

I stopped going.All it is,is a glorified friendly with stupid prices to get in.

That kick off time will be another reason not to go.

9 hours ago, japanjambo said:

Looking to go to this match as will be in London. Anybody know best place to get tickets?

At ManC …. one of their fan groups are urging a boycott due the KO time! Should be loads of tickets ..

Fozzyonthefence
7 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Does this even sell out? Sounds like a dull way to spend an afternoon. Just watch it in the pub. 

Pointless game, I don’t even bother watching it on tv.  

Looks like Man City fans will be boycotting it, good on them, about time the fans were put first.  In England and Scotland.

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

At ManC …. one of their fan groups are urging a boycott due the KO time! Should be loads of tickets ..

That means it will just be full of tourists and fan bois. 

Bit like any Citeh home game 

The new West End
8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pointless game, I don’t even bother watching it on tv.  

Looks like Man City fans will be boycotting it, good on them, about time the fans were put first.  In England and Scotland.

5.30pm on a Sunday makes it really difficult to get back to Manchester without stopping over.

• davemclaren changed the title to Charity Shield, Wembley.

Been to a few with Chelsea, prices are set low given its the Charity/Community Shield. You'll get a ticket no problem, contact either of the club involved and request a ticket or go to the F.A. offices. 

16 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I was at a Manchester Derby game in 2012 or so.

It was far from sold out.

augusthearts
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I was at a Manchester Derby game in 2012 or so.

It was far from sold out.

Went to that one myself. 2011 3-2 to United if I remember correctly. Remember the gaps on the stands. Still the only Manchester Derby I've been to. Entertaining enough.

2 hours ago, augusthearts said:

Went to that one myself. 2011 3-2 to United if I remember correctly. Remember the gaps on the stands. Still the only Manchester Derby I've been to. Entertaining enough.

That was it. Man City were 2 up and United got a last minute equaliser.

Thankfully it wasn't the sign of things to come.

Just checked my ticket collection. 

Check the difference in price for both games, granted the FA Cup Final (£95)was the first showpiece at the new Wembley but the Charity/Community Shield (£20) was only a few months later. 

PS The FA Cup Final was one of the most boring games of football ive ever witnessed until Drogba scored in E.T. 

Screenshot_20230618_220859_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230618_220828_Gallery.jpg

Edited by dannymack

Nelly Terraces

For my birthday, my other half got us pitchside tickets to see Blur at Wembley stadium in July.

My BIG question is... anyone an idea of how much a pint of lager will set me back on the day?:D

slashishere
12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

For my birthday, my other half got us pitchside tickets to see Blur at Wembley stadium in July.

My BIG question is... anyone an idea of how much a pint of lager will set me back on the day?:D

It was around £7-£7.50 at the Taylor Hawkins giglast year, they have different options if beer at different kiosks, sure Camden Hells was £7.50

58 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

FA Cup final £8 pint of Bud.

Can of Magners and Bud i think was £6.80 

Samuel Camazzola

Tickets will be plentiful. Man City fan groups have advised they are boycotting due to kick-off time. 

Bottle of Bucky down the trouser leg. 

Seems to work well for the Weegies when they visit. 

4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Tickets will be plentiful. Man City fan groups have advised they are boycotting due to kick-off time. 

Typical from the sports washers, Boycott over a KO time but look away when their owners are responsible for horrific human rights abuses. 

9 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Whatever it is, you can afford it.

Why is it Man C v Arsenal?

I know it's meant to be champions v cup winners, but presumed it would be the cup runners up who played so therefore Man C v Man U. 

Nelly Terraces
22 hours ago, slashishere said:

It was around £7-£7.50 at the Taylor Hawkins giglast year, they have different options if beer at different kiosks, sure Camden Hells was £7.50

Not bad.

22 hours ago, benny said:

FA Cup final £8 pint of Bud.

Can of Magners and Bud i think was £6.80 

Pricey for Bud.

21 hours ago, The new West End said:

£7.20 for a pint of Goose IPA

Very decent.

17 hours ago, tian447 said:

Bottle of Bucky down the trouser leg. 

Seems to work well for the Weegies when they visit. 

Haha, true mate!:lol:

13 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Whatever it is, you can afford it.

**** Off! :D

Cheers for the intel lads, much appreciated, tbh not as bad as I feared, thought it could easily be anywhere Northwards of a tenner a pint, looking forward to it, just hope it doesn't pish with rain, hate getting my beer diluted!:D

1 hour ago, The new West End said:

Community Shield kick off time now changed to 4pm

Common sense prevailed

Should still be 3pm but a bit better.