Naismith/McAvoy/Forrest confirmed as management team - contracted to 2025 (title updated)

kingantti1874

Naismith, Cifuentes, Someone Else  

589 members have voted

1. 1. So who is your preference

• Steven Naismith
    • Marti Cifuentes
    • Someone else (name them)

This poll is closed to new votes

Luckies1874
18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly. Plus listen to his interview and McAvoy's interview and its clear who is the one driving the how the team plays, team mentality, direction etc. I think some on here are just picking out lines they want to hear and ignoring the whole interview.

There should be no need for this pathetic charade. No need for underhand nonsense and exposing the entire club to looking like an amateurish shambles. No need for dubiety over roles regardless of what people suspect is going on. I listened to Andrew McKinlay's press conference post Neilson sacking again earlier and plenty on here should do likewise (I'll even post it below!). They are so full of hot air talking about "status as a club" and similar soundbites when really when it comes down to it they have **** all idea what they are doing in respect to the most important part of the club: the first team.

They treat the fanbase entirely as cash cows, to hell with actually putting in place a top class managerial structure that would see our resources and budget utilised to its potential. A figurehead and a structure that would see the support united after the divisive figure Neilson was. Nah we'll go down some retarded and abnormal route, unnecessarily complicated, confusing and completely self inflicted. Accountability lacking as per usual. They simply can't get out of their own way. They made a disastrous mess of last season, which has been a significant financial setback so how anyone has confidence in this lot on the football front is beyond me. They don't deserve your backing that's for sure. 

Edited by Luckies1874

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Naisys Tackle

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Ricardo Quaresma

10 hours ago, WageThief said:

Predictive text causes errors when those with too few brain cells cannot differentiate between liable and libel, which is kinda fair enough given their complete ignorance of what the latter actually means. Perhaps they are not liable for knowing. 

It is best such types first try to understand concepts such as fraud, rather than getting high and mighty about “money markets” towards someone who works in fund administration in Luxembourg 🤣

Having been employed by several investment banks in UK and USA  I think I can confidently talk about brain cells and money markets.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

images (9).jpeg

Very good. I have said nothing until now about the McAvoy statement  because I thought it was boringly trite. Apparently our triumvirate of technical director, head coach and whatever the other one is called are all great and make a wonderful team. 

I suppose I should be grateful that he didn't praise the great job Savage and our recruitment team are doing.

Sorry but I have been around too long  to take this PR shit seriously.

Edited by Francis Albert

Naisys Tackle
22 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

There should be no need for this pathetic charade. No need for underhand nonsense and exposing the entire club to looking like an amateurish shambles. No need for dubiety over roles regardless of what people suspect is going on. I listened to Andrew McKinlay's press conference post Neilson sacking again earlier and plenty on here should do likewise (I'll even post it below!). They are so full of hot air talking about "status as a club" and similar soundbites when really when it comes down to it they have **** all idea what they are doing in respect to the most important part of the club: the first team.

They treat the fanbase entirely as cash cows, to hell with actually putting in place a top class managerial structure that would see our resources and budget utilised to its potential. A figurehead and a structure that would see the support united after the divisive figure Neilson was. Nah we'll go down some retarded and abnormal route, unnecessarily complicated, confusing and completely self inflicted. Accountability lacking as per usual. They simply can't get out of their own way. They made a disastrous mess of last season, which has been a significant financial setback so how anyone has confidence in this lot on the football front is beyond me. They don't deserve your backing that's for sure. 

I agree to an extent tbh but at the same time the managements been chosen now and we need to back them until there's reasons not to.  They are in now so lets see what transpires. 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

I agree to an extent tbh but at the same time the managements been chosen now and we need to back them until there's reasons not to.  They are in now so lets see what transpires. 

I have no issue with Naismith or the other staff. It is not their fault, clearly they are going to take the job(s) when offered. I will be backing them. I rate Naismith long term though in my view he has been given the job way too quickly especially given what has come to light more recently. 

I have huge issues with the board who have repeatedly made disastrous footballing decisions, take the support for granted, continually fail to get anywhere close to fulfilling our potential and are already putting the club behind the 8 ball as we enter another season. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yet you believe what the daily mail tells you

Nice diversion. 

I just do not understand why Naismith is qualified to manage or be technical director or whatever he is for the third biggest team in the country. Stein and Ferguson had to learn their trade at lower levels. 

But I hope I am proved very wrong. We will see.

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I have no issue with Naismith or the other staff. It is not their fault, clearly they are going to take the job(s) when offered. I will be backing them. I rate Naismith long term though in my view he has been given the job way too quickly especially given what has come to light more recently. 

I have huge issues with the board who have repeatedly made disastrous footballing decisions, take the support for granted, continually fail to get anywhere close to fulfilling our potential and are already putting the club behind the 8 ball as we enter another season. 

Cant argue tbh. 

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Nice diversion. 

I just do not understand why Naismith is qualified to manage or be technical director or whatever he is for the third biggest team in the country. Stein and Ferguson had to learn their trade at lower levels. 

But I hope I am proved very wrong. We will see.

Zidane didn't manage other than Real B team and is a very recent example of major success. There are many examples of different routes to being good managers.

I think Naismith has shown a lot of qualities that mean he is worthy of the opportunity. Whether it will be a success, no-one knows but he deserves our full support 

Polonia Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I agree with pretty much all of this tbh.

I really did believe that we were going to go for a top class manager. A name that would have the fans champing at the bit for the new season to start. Most fans might say they are excited to see what the team produces under Naismith or McAvoy. But really it's Naismith just don't tell uefa. I'm really gutted with how it looks. Aye it might work but it looks like a complete shambles. Just watch every journalist try trip them up. Obviously I'm going to support Naismith but the more this goes on I'm starting to wish McKinley kept is word in the first place!!

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Zidane didn't manage other than Real B team and is a very recent example of major success. There are many examples of different routes to being good managers.

I think Naismith has shown a lot of qualities that mean he is worthy of the opportunity. Whether it will be a success, no-one knows but he deserves our full support 

I said I hope I am proved very wrong about my doubts about his qualifications ...  in other words he has my full support. 

But I can still have doubts and wonder why anyone would not have.

4 hours ago, Dazo said:

Yeah I know, irrelevant info though. 

Fact being Naismith is not on the course and its every two years. So won't be getting it any time soon ! 😳

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

Fact being Naismith is not on the course and its every two years. So won't be getting it any time soon ! 😳

It's not the only course in the world though

5 hours ago, Dazo said:

Yeah I know, irrelevant info though. 

I've just realised what you said though 😅 aye he can do a different course (not the SFA one) !.

My bad sir,

10 days of 12 hour shifts then getting a beer finally catches up 🙃

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's not the only course in the world though

I know 😔

I've just realised what was being said properly! 

Hopefully our performances and results match what should be offered and these threads will quickly die a death...nobody with half a brain cares if results are good..its that simple...

5 hours ago, McNelly15 said:

I've just realised what you said though 😅 aye he can do a different course (not the SFA one) !.

My bad sir,

10 days of 12 hour shifts then getting a beer finally catches up 🙃

Haha no probs mate I did wonder why your were pursuing my comment. SN will do his course else where. 👍

7 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Did folk think SN was going to come out and contradict FM?

We aren't going to go through all this for a 2nd day surely?

Yes we are Highesie. Some people are still pretending they are outraged rather than admitting they don’t like SN and or the club they pretend to support, others are just acting too stupid to reason with. 

Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yes we are Highesie. Some people are still pretending they are outraged rather than admitting they don’t like SN and or the club they pretend to support, others are just acting too stupid to reason with. 

I'll predict this thread will go on, and on, and on again, and on after that. 

I mean, even if we sign some good players, get off to a great start in the league, get some good youth prospects into the team and start playing an attractive style of football, will that be enough for some and all will be forgiven ...

I'm starting to doubt if it will tbh 😕

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I'll predict this thread will go on, and on, and on again, and on after that. 

I mean, even if we sign some good players, get off to a great start in the league, get some good youth prospects into the team and start playing an attractive style of football, will that be enough for some and all will be forgiven ...

I'm starting to doubt if it will tbh 😕

Wait till we have a bad result or two, they will be swarming all over this thread. You need to remember another manager who has already bought his little certificate wouldn’t have bad results ever. 

Hearts1975
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Wait till we have a bad result or two, they will be swarming all over this thread. You need to remember another manager who has already bought his little certificate wouldn’t have bad results ever. 

Pretty much 

There is probably an online version packaged in a bootcamp and is a guaranteed pass for the paltry sum of 2 grand 

Guaranteed to be completed in a period of just 4 weeks 😃

Bad Religion
7 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

This is exactly where I am.

Bazzas right boot

"Repeatedly made disastrous football decisions"

Promotion over Rangers

3rd

( first two seasons good)

Bob left us in 3rd. Then cathro replaced him( celebrated by many), was shite, then booted. Cl then got us 5th iirc?

We then went 10 unbeaten,  but collapsed finished 6th and got to a cup final.

None of that is a disaster. 

Had a horror start and cl was booted after 11 games, Stendal replaced him, covid hit we got demoted.

Bob came back, got us promoted,  then 3rd, sacked in 4th ( many celebrated).

So not Repeatedly disastrous decisions. 

We've had 2 x 3rd place finishes,  a 4th place, 3 cup finals, first euro group stage football in 2 decades, and recovered from demotion twice instantly. 

We've had some poor decisions,  but as per you're being a tad dramatic.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

"Top class management structure "

It doesn't exist at our level.

The names or wish list by many on here after Bobs sacking highlighted how out of touch their ambitions and reality are when it comes to Hearts.

Absolute fantasy,  and you ( complaining about sound bites), come out with your own- "top class mgt structure ".

It has no substance,  no reality and we don't have the status or money to deliver that.

We never did.

4th place wasn't good, but it's not a "disaster", although if you keep repeating that word you may start to believe it.

It's also not "retarded or overly" complicated either. It's pretty simple.

It's maybe a bit left field, but it's a solution to get Naismith as manager.

The "normal" route would have been Robinson,  Wright,  McInness etc maybe a Neil ( likley out of pur budget).

You'd have been greetin at these types. 

Many posts like this just come across as tantrums,  as folk realise sacking Bob wasn't the solution they thought it would be.

Their ambitions of suddenly crushing everyone and kicking on to the next level is more complicated than just Bob oot.

Surely if you're backing Naismith you'd have to give the board a pass (on this occasion) until you see how Naismith does and what players we end up signing.

They clearly know the trouble the lack of a pro license will cause but if they've decided Naismith is such a good managerial pick that it's worth the hassle then it's just a case of wait and see.

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely if you're backing Naismith you'd have to give the board a pass (on this occasion) until you see how Naismith does and what players we end up signing.

They clearly know the trouble the lack of a pro license will cause but if they've decided Naismith is such a good managerial pick that it's worth the hassle then it's just a case of wait and see.

As soon as someone starts with I back Naismith or I like Naismith then goes on a pantwetting rant about every else that’s shite about the club you can pretty guarantee they didn’t want Naismith and don’t back him. 

Bob Loblaw
46 minutes ago, R9. said:

When Robbie took over the first time I wonder if he had all his badges he needed at the time? 

He didn't when he took over, but then we were in the Championship and not in Europe so wouldn't have mattered.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

As soon as someone starts with I back Naismith or I like Naismith then goes on a pantwetting rant about every else that’s shite about the club you can pretty guarantee they didn’t want Naismith and don’t back him. 

I'm all for folk having a point of view (and I definitely don't mean Luckies 1874 here) but some posters amaze me. We haven't made a signing and we have the whole season ahead of us and it's like posters have already decided it's a shambles and next season will be a disaster. Why? Because Frankie McAvoy needs to be seen as head coach because Naismith hasn't got a license. An unusual situation, that's all it is.

If we lose any of the friendlies it'll be absolute carnage on here.

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He didn't when he took over, but then we were in the Championship and not in Europe so wouldn't have mattered.

Still the best manager we've had since admin by a considerable distance so just goes to show what a pro license means in terms of managerial ability.

Edited by GinRummy

KyleLafferty

Just read someone said we should have got a top class manager 😂😂😂. Head in the clouds 

Bob Loblaw
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Still the best manager we've had since admin by a considerable distance so just goes to show what a pro license means in terms of managerial ability.

Absolutely,  it means nowt. Obviously this is a situation we could do without, but anyone that wanted Naismith wasn't saying "oh I think he's improved us, but I'd rather he had a pro licence".

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

You can select whatever quotes you want, I think this is far more telling tbh. "It’ll not be any different to what it was. Yes, I was the Interim Manager, but the new structure is only slightly different. That’s something that we’ve had to come up against and work around."

He's making it about as clear as he can it's his job but is trying to do the dance the club have forced him into..is it ideal? Of course not, but it's obvious it's his gig. 

Actually thought he spoke pretty well all in.

No. He made it perfectly clear that FM had the final say on team selection/match day decisions

9 hours ago, Sertse said:

So now Naismith himself says he doesn't make the final decisions, but it's just all wink wink nudge nudge to stop UEFA finding out right?

How daft of us to actually listen to what the club and Naismith is telling us.

Msybe FM is actually head coach/manager? And it’s us that are being played not UEFA.

9 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly. Plus listen to his interview and McAvoy's interview and its clear who is the one driving the how the team plays, team mentality, direction etc. I think some on here are just picking out lines they want to hear and ignoring the whole interview.

Yep it’s McAvoy.

But everyone in love with Naismith now have an out when things go tits up. They can call for FM to be sacked and Naismith to take over.

It’s perfect for the club. Convince the fans they got what they wanted. If it goes wrong convince the fans that they didn’t originally get what they wanted but sack FM and give the job to SN once he’s got his qualifications.

To be fair, if you wanted to support a club that pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes, lied, spun yarns to get fans onside we have played an absolute blinder.

Bob Loblaw
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No. He made it perfectly clear that FM had the final say on team selection/match day decisions

Msybe FM is actually head coach/manager? And it’s us that are being played not UEFA.

Yep it’s McAvoy.

But everyone in love with Naismith now have an out when things go tits up. They can call for FM to be sacked and Naismith to take over.

It’s perfect for the club. Convince the fans they got what they wanted. If it goes wrong convince the fans that they didn’t originally get what they wanted but sack FM and give the job to SN once he’s got his qualifications.

To be fair, if you wanted to support a club that pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes, lied, spun yarns to get fans onside we have played an absolute blinder.

Go and stop being wilfully ignorant just so you can argue with folk all over the board.

Naismith literally says it won't be different to what we had before. You can think it's amateur, most people probably do, but it's also obvious what is going on.

Read the article on the website that goes with McAvoy's interview, they conveniently leave out the part with him saying he'll make the calls.

Read the press release Hearts had where they spelt out why Naismith was named TD.

Read interviews with the players talking about playing for Naismith, not McAvoy. 

Naismith is making the final call on who comes in for a reason, just like Neilson did.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Go and stop being wilfully ignorant just so you can argue with folk all over the board.

Naismith literally says it won't be different to what we had before. You can think it's amateur, most people probably do, but it's also obvious what is going on.

Read the article on the website that goes with McAvoy's interview, they conveniently leave out the part with him saying he'll make the calls.

Read the press release Hearts had where they spelt out why Naismith was named TD.

Read interviews with the players talking about playing for Naismith, not McAvoy. 

Naismith is making the final call on who comes in for a reason, just like Neilson did.

Mate calm down. Naismith himself said that FM would pick the team and make match day decisions.

I’m only following what I’ve been told

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Mate calm down. Naismith himself said that FM would pick the team and make match day decisions.

In that case, Jump off a bridge ? 

Edited by Dazo

This has got cluster**** written all over it, not trying to be a total pessimist but we do have previous when it comes to managers. 

gordiegords

Maybe I’m going against the curve but I’m optimistic, love the way Naismith speaks, has a real seriousness and determination about him, hhgh.

18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If you give me £1000 I can sell you some magic beans. They grow into a beanstalk and there's a huge pot of treasure right at the top.

9 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

This, word for word! Typical Hearts...slow at everything. Slow to appoint a manager / HC. And to appoint one who's not even qualified!
Recruitment.....Slow!, Again, a recurring theme from previous managers. Constant soundbites from people like Savage and McKinlay basically talking bollocks.....food for the masses.
Incidentally isn't it strange that Naismith suddenly gets rolled out after the sh*t seemingly hits the fan?
Imagine a club of the stature of Hearts having to play out this charade.....Despite what some say on it here....It's embarrassing and it will get called out...... 
I really hope this arrangement works....If not......Well you can imagine the reaction.......Meanwhile back at the Oriam, Liam Fox will be be anticipating his opportunity as the next "along the corridor" candidate. Incidentally does he have his coaching badges?

9 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

A good summary of the current situation at Hearts. For decades Hearts have been run by what many would call gifted amateurs, sadly this looks like continuing.

Francis Albert

So every time a reporter asks a question about team selection and you can bet there will be many the question has to be addressed to our head coach or Naisy has to pretend the final say is not down to him.

If this was any club but ours we would be laughing our socks off. And all this so we can have a rookie manager with six weeks experience outside of Hearts B in the Lowland League.

Edited by Francis Albert

Sinbad the Sailor
11 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

A good summary of the current situation at Hearts. For decades Hearts have been run by what many would call gifted amateurs, sadly this looks like continuing.

Two posters howling at the moon. 

53 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yep it’s McAvoy.

Nah that can't be right, only the club, FM and Naismith himself has said that FM is in charge!

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So every time a reporter asks a question about team selection and you can bet there will be many the question has to be addressed to our head coach or Naisy has to pretend the final say is not down to him.

If this was any club but ours we would be laughing our socks off. And all this so we can have a rookie manager with six weeks experience outside of Hearts B in the Lowland League.

I honestly don’t see what the big deal is. We’re now imagining situations where Naismith may feel awkward answering a question about team selection. Surely all he’d need to say is ‘WE felt he’d be better in midfield’ or something similar. 

The new coaching team seem really happy and eager to get started but the focus for some on here is - but what if this happened or what if that happened. Just wait and see. None of it seems that hard to deal with to me. 

So here is a conspiracy theory and I have zero inside info, just a thought. 

My starting point is this set up announced with a number of confusing titles is just a smoke screen. That Naismith is 100% in charge no matter what we are presenting and it is all to do with the pro license issue. 

However, I was just thinking, does this new set-up suit Savage!?! He has had two poor transfer windows in terms of recruitment and will be aware of growing criticism. I am wondering if he has given Naismith the title of technical director to create a buffer between him and the recruitment. 

Now Savage is the Sporting Director and is responsible for all areas of the footballing side across the whole club. However, the only thing we really care about is who he selects as Head Coach of the first team and recruitment for the first team. 

I wonder, and it is just a thought, is he trying to place the burden/blame etc for recruitment solely at Naismith’s door and absolve himself of blame when it, or indeed if it, does not work out? 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

So here is a conspiracy theory and I have zero inside info, just a thought. 

My starting point is this set up announced with a number of confusing titles is just a smoke screen. That Naismith is 100% in charge no matter what we are presenting and it is all to do with the pro license issue. 

However, I was just thinking, does this new set-up suit Savage!?! He has had two poor transfer windows in terms of recruitment and will be aware of growing criticism. I am wondering if he has given Naismith the title of technical director to create a buffer between him and the recruitment. 

Now Savage is the Sporting Director and is responsible for all areas of the footballing side across the whole club. However, the only thing we really care about is who he selects as Head Coach of the first team and recruitment for the first team. 

I wonder, and it is just a thought, is he trying to place the burden/blame etc for recruitment solely at Naismith’s door and absolve himself of blame when it, or indeed if it, does not work out? 

I don't think there is a conspiracy but this farce certainly takes the heat of our recruitment team. 

I assume the final say on signings like on team selection and tactics rests with McEvoy too? Or we have to say so anyway. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I don't think there is a conspiracy but this farce certainly takes the heat of our recruitment team. 

I assume the final say on signings like on team selection and tactics rests with McEvoy too? Or we have to say so anyway. 

McEvoy said SN would deal with transfers, do you believe him when it suits ? 

Edited by Dazo

If we win games, no one will really care.

We'll see if the players buy into this. It looked like they did at the end of the season, the style of play and attacking mindset. If we tighten up the defence then we'll be looking good.

End of the day it's coaches, not coach. They're a team themselves, and job titles and public statements don't change how they work behind the scenes.

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It's not a farce. Everybody is chucking words like farce and shambles about then failing to justify their statements,

Here are the facts. The club wanted Naismith as manager. The club couldn't announce naismith as manager. Instead they announced Naismiths interim assistant McEvoy as manager.

If you agree the above is true then it would take an absolute moonhowling lunatic not to comprehend absolutely everything that's been done and said since. None of it in the slightest bit farcical and none of it looks a shambles so far either.