All aboard the Naisy train - poll!!

Ricardo Quaresma

Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?

It’s reported that there are members of the board that are in favour of Naismith getting the managers job, but then again who wouldn’t want Naisy to get the job ? Who in their right mind would be against because I’d like a Hearts Board to be unanimous and back the VAST majority of Hearts fans, 80% plus, that want Naismith.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Ricardo Quaresma

• kingantti1874

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It’s reported that there are members of the board that are in favour of Naismith getting the managers job, but then again who wouldn’t want Naisy to get the job ? Who in their right mind would be against because I’d like a Hearts Board to be unanimous and back the VAST majority of Hearts fans, 80% plus, that want Naismith.

It would be nice to know if there is a shortlist or if there's any other candidates being considered. 

I'd be happy with Naismith however if he is to be appointed. 

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

80% of the 1,000 Hearts fans on here.  Not necessarily 80% of all Hearts fans.  As we have seen in the past jkb isn’t exactly reflective of the general Hearts support 

Both Stendel and Cathro had similar %ages fawning over them prior to appointment and look how they turned out. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

It would be nice to know if there is a shortlist or if there's any other candidates being considered. 

They could have looked at other candidates after Neilson was sacked. Then moved quickly right after the season ended so the work to get players the manager working with Savage & McKinley want signed. Pre Season Training for the new season starts around the 27th of June so let’s get this sorted asap. The fans want Naismith over to our board.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

80% of the 1,000 Hearts fans on here.  Not necessarily 80% of all Hearts fans.  As we have seen in the past jkb isn’t exactly reflective of the general Hearts support 

Both Stendel and Cathro had similar %ages fawning over them prior to appointment and look how they turned out. 

And even then, 80% of the 1000 that voted, I never vote in these things despite being opinionated AF

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not fair examples Cathro came out of no where thanks to Levein and Stendel had the job of trying to salvage the mess Levein left and I believe he would of saved Hearts if the season hadn’t of been cut short by Covid. QUESTION Can you see the main problem ? ANSWER LEVEIN ! One thing about Naismith is he’s his own man and knows the game inside out and is totally set on making Hearts a team the plays attractive, attacking football home & away. The fans love his brand of football and the players are benefiting the way this wee man goes about the job.

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Not fair examples Cathro came out of no where thanks to Levein and Stendel had the job of trying to salvage the mess Levein left and I believe he would of saved Hearts if the season hadn’t of been cut short by Covid. QUESTION Can you see the main problem ? ANSWER LEVEIN ! One thing about Naismith is he’s his own man and knows the game inside out and is totally set on making Hearts a team the plays attractive, attacking football home & away. The fans love his brand of football and the players are benefiting the way this wee man goes about the job.

Who brought Naismith to Hearts, Mitch? 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Everybody always says stuff like that if they don’t like the result of a poll. On the flip side they never mention it if the result goes by their view. Nonetheless you are right, all polls on jkb are just a bit of fun and shouldn’t be seen as reflective of the support.  

counting sheep
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Probably the same as you however it is a statement that was made by the club recently.

The same CEO that told us we would be getting an experienced manager? Let's see what happens there as it's not looking likely 

mellors1874

This is dragging on a bit now.

Why do we always appear to take a bloody age to do anything.

Get on with it Hearts and get whoever it is going to be appointed.

Clubs are already signing players and as usual were behind.

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Cifuentes was only interviewed yesterday 

4 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Wee Lee's joining them today, to get a few rounds in.  They might not be golf rounds...

Wee Lee fancies himself as a modern Butterbean?

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Wee Lee fancies himself as a modern Butterbean?

More akin to a buttplug to be fair

23 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Not the only one apparently....

29 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

We could stop it dragging on in several ways including, but not exclusively,

Offer the job to Naismith

Offer someone who is free just now but doesn't really want it with significantly over the odds to change their mind

Tap someone up already in a job meaning we don’t have much of a leg to stand to negotiate release compensation downwards.

Just appoint anyone for the sake of filling the job's sake

2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Same.

I voted No in this poll but not out of pure opposition to the appointment. 

I was being a bit pedantic probably over the word "like". I'd be happy enough if he were appointed but equally I'm not overly fussed if he isn't (depending on who is I suppose). So it's more a bit of apathy around his appointment than anything from me. 

Also, its not dragging on folks. Decision was always going to be made once the season was over. Managers and players are entitled to holidays and the season only ended 4 days ago. 

We can pish our breeks collectively if we're still here in a week or two. 

KyleLafferty

Not believing for one minute we’ve only just started interviewing people 😂, it would be have been going for the last 7 weeks

counting sheep
6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Not believing for one minute we’ve only just started interviewing people 😂, it would be have been going for the last 7 weeks

The club once took 3 months to appoint Craig levein. Nothing would surprise me

KyleLafferty
Just now, counting sheep said:

Different board, different people involved. Call it nonsense. Whoever is employed will be next week I reckon. 

jamboinglasgow
20 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

It may not be the first time the club has spoken to these people. It may be final interviews. But I do think they will make a final decision over the weekend and announce it early next week.

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, counting sheep said:

I see you generally disapprove of what the club's doing and budge in particular, new poster

34 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Also, its not dragging on folks. Decision was always going to be made once the season was over. Managers and players are entitled to holidays and the season only ended 4 days ago. 

We can pish our breeks collectively if we're still here in a week or two. 

They had 7 weeks. I get it’s different folk on the board but dithering has cost us before. The sooner the better.  

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They had 7 weeks. I get it’s different folk on the board but dithering has cost us before. The sooner the better.  

And for all we know everything is in place bar an announcement. Taking a lot of these itk style comments with a bag of salt quite honestly. 

Or even if we accept it. It could easily be final interviews for 2 or 3 candidates. If they've conducted them this week a decision is likely next. 

As said if we're still none the wiser come next Thursday or later I'll join the chorus but not yet. 

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

And for all we know everything is in place bar an announcement. Taking a lot of these itk style comments with a bag of salt quite honestly. 

Or even if we accept it. It could easily be final interviews for 2 or 3 candidates. If they've conducted them this week a decision is likely next. 

As said if we're still none the wiser come next Thursday or later I'll join the chorus but not yet. 

All true but given our habit of dilly-dallying and some piss poor appointments after long waits, the sooner the better. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, counting sheep said:

Cathro sacked 1st August, Levein appointed 27th.

counting sheep
9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Cathro sacked 1st August, Levein appointed 27th.

Was a long 3 weeks

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

At the first or second Board meeting? 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

All true but given our habit of dilly-dallying and some piss poor appointments after long waits, the sooner the better. 

When were the long waits? 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

When were the long waits? 

I don’t mind you dissecting everything I post but I’m not answering questions you already know the answer to. 

Italian Lambretta
8 hours ago, counting sheep said:

It was up to Budge it will 100% be Naismith she loves a wee job for one of her boys 

Or Eva Olid.

A job for one of her girls

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s hardly much of a delay and if our recruitment department are any good, we should already have a fair idea of who we’ll be signing 

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, dallan said:

Someone said earlier that Budge wasn’t a fan due to his touch line antics.  I kinda get that but still hope he gets it.

He needs to make the transition to manager quickly if he gets it, not still  one of the boys, still called Naisey etc.

I loved the antics as a player but not so much now he’s the potential manager.

That wasn't just an unsubstantiated rumour, the fact that it was even a rumour was unsubstantiated 🙂

Budge doesn't deal with that side of the business now either; I'm also sure that she'd go with a method that works; if he needs to bark at players or wind up opposition managers and it works then that's that

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Added more

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, tynietigers said:

What a strange thing to come outwith 🫣 his passion and a will to win and take this club forward will be part of the reason he gets the job 👍🏻

9 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Whoosh!

I can't believe you didn't get the sarcasm there 🙂

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Everybody always says stuff like that if they don’t like the result of a poll. On the flip side they never mention it if the result goes by their view. Nonetheless you are right, all polls on jkb are just a bit of fun and shouldn’t be seen as reflective of the support.  

They are reflective of the support.  Just not in the numbers that would actually prove yay or nay either way. Even the “Neilson out” poll was 90% of less than 10% of season ticket holders. Not really telling.

We had somewhere around 14,000 season ticket holders last season. So polls on here are a small sample of what we may be thinking, but I hope Hearts never hire/fire a manager based on JKB polls. As you stated. 
Just a bit of fun.

6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

True, 99% of the fan base wanted rid of RN months ago and look how that turned out. 

9 hours ago, dallan said:

Someone said earlier that Budge wasn’t a fan due to his touch line antics.  I kinda get that but still hope he gets it.

He needs to make the transition to manager quickly if he gets it, not still  one of the boys, still called Naisey etc.

I loved the antics as a player but not so much now he’s the potential manager.

What antics don’t you like as a potential manager? Just interested in your view.

PapaShango
4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

How do you know this? 

Ricardo Quaresma

What would you say the % discrepancy is?

Up to 10%, 20%

Most polls scale up very well

Who brought Naismith to Hearts, Mitch? 

One of Levein's best signings, but why didn't you just point that out?

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I see you generally disapprove of what the club's doing and budge in particular, new poster

He's definitely not new to forums; question is wich other(s)?

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

They are reflective of the support.  Just not in the numbers that would actually prove yay or nay either way. Even the “Neilson out” poll was 90% of less than 10% of season ticket holders. Not really telling.

We had somewhere around 14,000 season ticket holders last season. So polls on here are a small sample of what we may be thinking, but I hope Hearts never hire/fire a manager based on JKB polls. As you stated. 
Just a bit of fun.

Sorry but as polls go, that is a huge sample size!  Imagine if MORI used 10% of the electorate for their polls?!  They’d be interviewing millions!

Agentjambo
12 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

How do you know this? 

I was interviewing him 😎

TyphoonJambo
23 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I was interviewing him 😎

Thanks Ann

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

No problem 😉 

Can I have a wee shot on your boat?

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Can I have a wee shot on your boat?

Naw…piss off!

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t mind you dissecting everything I post but I’m not answering questions you already know the answer to. 

Yep, there haven’t been any    Just made up nonsense. 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

True, 99% of the fan base wanted rid of RN months ago and look how that turned out. 

Nothing to substantiate that claim.  Of the 15500 st’s I’m sure more than 155 would have given him until end of season to secure 4th place. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

What would you say the % discrepancy is?

Up to 10%, 20%

Most polls scale up very well

One of Levein's best signings, but why didn't you just point that out?

He's definitely not new to forums; question is wich other(s)?

No idea but probably at least 25% if not more.  Folks who vote on polls on here are generally pretty polarised imo. 

I did point it out. Just pissed off with folk who are completely polarised re folk from the clubs history.  Yes Levein messed up latterly, before that he was a great player and a really good manager first time round. Second time round he rebuilt the football side after Admin then when Robbie left for MK he lost the plot.  It happens, get over it,   Doesn’t remove or re-write what he did before.  Robbo was a great player in two spells, failed as a manager  though. Still a legend and not worthy of any real criticism.  I’m sure both of them were 100% Hearts men. 

• davemclaren locked this topic