All aboard the Naisy train - poll!!

Ricardo Quaresma

Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?  

1,085 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Naismith for manager 2023 / 2024?

17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Oh aye, that rings a bell now, but not got a clue what the words were!

My point though is it is more important that the players feel the backing and support during 90 minutes rather than what fans opinions of the manager are on a football forum.  Obviously detrimental if fans are chanting for the manager’s head every game but that wasn’t even happening with Neilson at the end even with the vast majority wanting him gone. 

We've got a diamond Daniel Stendel

A German who came from Barnsley

He's brought in high press attacking football

He's came in to save HMFC

We've got Souttar at the back

Boycie in attack

Stendels got us playing

Hearts are back

I think that was it

He didn't deserve such a good song 😂

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Ricardo Quaresma

• kingantti1874

31 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

talking to yourself is the first sign of madness....😁

Is the 2nd answering back ? 🤔

Jim Panzee
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Whoever voted No are one of 3 things,

1.  They just don’t like Naismith as a person.

2.  They don’t know a good manager when they see one.

3.  They’d prefer a manager who would be another gamble.

Just listen to Naisy, He Gets It, He knows what Hearts need,

we just need the board to back him because he will deliver.

Just remember I’m never wrong.

oh Mitch - how I've missed you! 

hope you're well.

30 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Something I noticed when Souttar went to rangers is in his first interview he was saying the mentality is different and they're expected to win everything. 

Makes me wonder, what the feck were our players being told? We should be trying to win every single game, even if it's unrealistic eg OF away. No manager that comes to Hearts should be demanding any less than a win in every game.

Nausmith has said he found the same expectation at Hearts to win every game. 

vegas-voss
30 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Something I noticed when Souttar went to rangers is in his first interview he was saying the mentality is different and they're expected to win everything. 

Makes me wonder, what the feck were our players being told? We should be trying to win every single game, even if it's unrealistic eg OF away. No manager that comes to Hearts should be demanding any less than a win in every game.

Aye you hear it all the time it's like when you hear stories of Locke saying he told players we had to beat Hibs it's just another level and they need to beat everyone and win honours or it's failure.

3 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

I believe another meeting today 👍🏻

We know it’s been in the media. 

PapaShango
14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Funny as feck watching him go round on Saturday at FT applauding the fans whilst laughing his cock off at the mayhem that was unfolding only yards away from him. He's a WUM supremo. 

Lack of management experience I believe is offset by him being a winner and having a great understanding of the game gained at the highest level. Getting the right Assistant is arguably the bigger call we need to get right. Like the cut of his jib and the way he interacts with the players. Pretty sure he'll know the ones who need jettisoned. 

Absolutely this and I've said it before. He was a moaning faced git as a player purely because he was someone that wanted to do the best and win. He won't be any different as a manager. However when he was a player at Hearts he was tremendous as a leader and organiser on the park. Our results dropping off with him being injured was no co-incidence, not just because of his ability as a player but someone who was great at leading on the pitch. I hope that if he does get the job, that the fans get behind him.

PapaShango
6 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

I believe another meeting today 👍🏻

Naismith is on holiday so wouldn't expect any formal announcement until they have discussed any contract etc. with him unless he already has agreed to terms. 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Joins with Scotland at the weekend I read, back Friday, no rest for the wicked

seems awfully early to join up with Scotland considering their games are not until the 17th and 20th June 

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Naismith is on holiday so wouldn't expect any formal announcement until they have discussed any contract etc. with him unless he already has agreed to terms. 

Strange to pick a holiday over your future,think discussions would have occurred first 

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I wasn't sure. I suspect that was down to the inertia of the latter Neilson days. Thank God that's behind us now. I'm now of the view having watched how he's conducted himself that he's the right call. 

Really keen to see the type of player Naisy looks to bring in. He'll know that many need moved on. He doesn't seem too keen on your pal Halliday 😉

PapaShango
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Strange to pick a holiday over your future,think discussions would have occurred first 

Maybe he is only away a few days, no idea but think in this day and age they will likely be able to have conversations with him while he is away. Just maybe no formal announcement to the media until he's back. 

jock _turd
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No he didn’t. But Budge’s ineptitude had created the perfect environment for going down. I know she’s not allowed to be criticised on here but a more clueless period of ownership from a supposedly good owner you will not find.

I think there is a very bad scratch on this record 😄  Gie it a rest FFS !

35 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Oh aye, that rings a bell now, but not got a clue what the words were!

It started:-

🎵🎶🎵

We've got a diamond, Daniel Stendel (etc.)

🎵🎶🎵

Ending with:-

🎵🎶🎵

Hearts are back.

🎵🎶🎵

Sadly, what we got was a Swarovski crystal.

Screenshot_20230530_164603_Google.jpg

44 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Not ITK beyond club statements and staff interviews but this is how I understand it.

McKinlay collates the applications

Savage reviews them and gives input

McKinlay (possibly with Savage) conducts interviews, presents candidates to the board with a recommendation

Board makes final call but strongly influenced by McKinlay's recommendation (which is presumably influenced by Savage's)

Sounds plausible, & I know they will have set criteria that any candidate must at least match or better.

Ironically, I would say Naismith has more footballing qualifications & experience than the entire panel and board.

But he’ll be up against other candidates who may be more experienced than him, which means if it’s not Naismith, I’d doubt it would be someone who is managing up here atm.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

If he's the one chosen by the board his agent will be dealing with contract etc

24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If voted no they haven’t a clue and probably don’t watch hearts much. 

counting sheep

Hi Guys,

Longtime reader of kickback, first time poster.

I would have liked Naisy kept on as an assistant or first team coach but not manager. It's normal teams get a wee lift from a new guy coming in and worry we are appointing him off the back of a wee honeymoon period. Which by the way only includes 2 wins all be it the football was better.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Boyce said there had been previous contact, with club during years Levein was at club.

He never said Levein signed him.

Levein wasn't manager so are you suggesting? he was interfering with team affairs?

no I’m not suggesting that Levein was interfering when Stendel was there - ur getting all uppity at the wrong person mate

boycie said the key reason for signing for hearts is that he felt “wanted” here as Levein was continually getting back in touch with him for an extended period of time

whether stendal (check my posts out with you I’m probably his biggest fan) signed him independently or on the back of previous contact we had made boycie felt it worth mentioning that hearts as a club over an extended period had made him feel “wanted”

:sweeet:

10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Maybe he is only away a few days, no idea but think in this day and age they will likely be able to have conversations with him while he is away. Just maybe no formal announcement to the media until he's back. 

All Hearts need do is text him the 'secret message':-

🎵🎶🎵

"Naisy, Naisy, Give me your answer do"

🎵🎶🎵

Screenshot_20230530_165342_YouTube.jpg

Dusk_Till_Dawn
32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

:rofl:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

:rofl:

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

To be fair, the consensus view on Kickback is that winning 2 games out of 7 = an irrefutable case for scrapping the recruitment process and appointing Naismith with immediate effect.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

One final thought, is Naisy the man to take us to the sunlit uplands of the Next Level? 🥸

"Next Level"? Hmmm ... 🤔

"Sunlit uplands"? ... Double 🤔🤔

It seems like there's no agreed forum definition for that term, but, should he fail within 6 months to reach the dizzy heights of my pictorial representation of where we all wish Hearts to be then those who have already positioned themselves in the vanguard of "Naisy OUt" will let loose.

Screenshot_20230530_171000_Messenger.jpg

Italian Lambretta
38 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Or he knew he was getting the job and wants to be back in week to get the ball rolling for next season.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No I'm sick of repeating myself for years I've said what is needed, and now Naismith is trying to deliver it , what annoys me,we could of had this mentality if we kept Stendel.

Instead we have wasted ****ing millions.

How do you know your beloved Daniel would have succeeded at Hearts when he failed miserably at Nancy ?

He is currently scraping a living running second tier sides. 

Anyway it's history, so do everyone a favour and stop derailing the thread. 

You should be barred for mentioning DS. Useless ***** put us bottom of the table and cost us our place in the division.

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

For once I agree with you!!

👏

HeartsandonlyHearts
58 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye you hear it all the time it's like when you hear stories of Locke saying he told players we had to beat Hibs it's just another level and they need to beat everyone and win honours or it's failure.

The expected as an OF player is helped by the fact the officials are for the most part like having an extra player.

Scottish officials can on game day be either the OF’s assist leader or best defender.

Good luck to Naismith changing that whole issue.

2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

For once I agree with you!!

👏

Surely not the last sentence? 😁

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

The expected as an OF player is helped by the fact the officials are for the most part like having an extra player.

Scottish officials can on game day be either the OF’s assist leader or best defender.

Good luck to Naismith changing that whole issue.

I know 😞

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You should be barred for mentioning DS. Useless ***** put us bottom of the table and cost us our place in the division.

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Wtf. The red card, due to an error by a defender, was due to us wrongly playing 4 at the back?!  I’m out!

Too true!

Parking my facetiousness aside, Naismith, in only 7 matches, has personally witnessed (almost) all that he'll be up against going forward. Abysmal reffing, hacking tactics from opposition teams, players ruled out unfairly, and so on.

I cannae be arsed detailing all the shit that's already been gone over in numerous threads so will cite only one:-

Away to St M. A superb late fight to the death coming back after a proven wrong red card and a totally bonkers decision for their free kick leading to their 2nd.

Would we have overcome these set-backs prior to Naismith? Nobody knows; but to call that match out as some sort of throw-back to away results under Robbie is simply wrong, methinks. We overcame a reffing shitshow.

Oh ... a quick another ...

As for away at Ibrox? 2 individual errors (both frustratingly timed) - one a litteral slip-up cannae in any way be pinned on Naisy.

Hence, all things considered, he's done better in the split than what may have transpired.

Had Robbie dipped a few games sooner then I'm pretty sure that we would've secured 3rd. None of us will ever be privy to the machinations of our board but it's telling that they stuck by Robbie until such times as he fell to 4th. Then? Oot the door forthwith.

The difference in atmosphere for the latter games of this season has been a breath of fresh air which is quite an indicator of what the attending fans think.

❤️❤️G❤️

Bongo 1874
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

agreed. I genuinely don’t recall any.  

hibs away selection was wrong but I don’t blame naismith sticking with the team for that fixture.  

other  than that? Tactically it’s been spot on IMO.  No amount of tactics will teach Sibbick / Rowles the art of heading a ball 

I would like Sibbick to have a go in midfield,but he's limited with options with player's out.

So can understand why he played him there.

58 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

To be fair, the consensus view on Kickback is that winning 2 games out of 7 = an irrefutable case for scrapping the recruitment process and appointing Naismith with immediate effect.

The recruitment process has been scrapped? Really? Please enlighten us all as you must be totally ITK.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

The recruitment process has been scrapped? Really? Please enlighten us all as you must be totally ITK.

That's not what I've said, is it.

Bongo 1874
46 minutes ago, luckydug said:

How do you know your beloved Daniel would have succeeded at Hearts when he failed miserably at Nancy ?

You do realise the player's he manages are paid more than ours 🫣.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

David of course did not say that. I am getting concerned about our education standards given many posters reading and comprehension ability.

Edited by Francis Albert

Bongo 1874
47 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Daniel failed at Nancy due to them having the same recruitment strategy they did at Barnsley 😀.

Barnsley and Nancy were both affiliated clubs meaning? ,they worked on the same recruitment structure , trying too play the moneyball strategy.

When Stendel had a settled team, he went the whole season undefeated at home with Barnsley.

It was only when they decided to sell did he lose his form.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

To be fair he might be back in for the main Hannover job given their season in the second level and final game debacle at the weekend.  I'm over in Hannover for a few days early July so I might look Dan up. 👍😁

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Mobile phone users. 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair he might be back in for the main Hannover job given their season in the second level and final game debacle at the weekend.  I'm over in Hannover for a few days early July so I might look Dan up. 👍😁

Dave anyone saying he's not good enough for our level,doesn't know football.

I want him because of the style and culture he will bring to our club.

I'm thinking long-term, but Naismith has the exact same thoughts and ideas so I will be happy if he gets the job.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I agree with almost all of this

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Mobile phone users. 

In the old days he would need to queue at his hotel public phone with his coins. 😕

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What does that have to do with the price of butter?
Exponentially I’m “confusled” by your ramblings on here.

Francis Albert
57 minutes ago, luckydug said:

A recent manager of ours was defended to the end  by most on here despite failing miserably because of his achievements in the second tier of a league just a wee bit inferior to the Bundesliga.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, counting sheep said:

Hi Guys,

Longtime reader of kickback, first time poster.

I would have liked Naisy kept on as an assistant or first team coach but not manager. It's normal teams get a wee lift from a new guy coming in and worry we are appointing him off the back of a wee honeymoon period. Which by the way only includes 2 wins all be it the football was better.

Welcome to Kickback. For me, it goes a bit deeper than his results so far, though ultimately he’ll be judged on results. He opted to change the playing style, which was badly needed but also takes some time to work. There are signs that he’s got the squad United and pulling together as a side and he’s improved individuals very quickly. I guess it just comes down to if you think he can build on what he’s started and sustain it or not  

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

What does that have to do with the price of butter?
Exponentially I’m “confusled” by your ramblings on here.

You make out thats he's not good enough,my point being he's obviously trusted to develop the next generation,  of kids coming through at Hannover.

Who the majority are on more than our player's. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Surprisingly the powers that be disagree😂😂

• davemclaren locked this topic