Ginnelly

Thomaso

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We're not that short of money at all; we have a wage structure here, though; it's going to have to be broken for this deal, I feel

Question is, are the other lads going to appreciate that it's a necessity and he deserves it, without the predicted expectation that they deserve more on the back of this deal?

Wonder how it  would have went if Souttar stayed after his contract offer, seeing as he is further along the learning curve than most of our lads?

I think he is a big favourite amongst the playing squad, and they will be delighted if he stays 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• OTT

Hopefully the new manager appointment may sway his judgement reckon we are the highest level he will play at. He prob get more money but not life changing deal 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, lou said:

I think he is a big favourite amongst the playing squad, and they will be delighted if he stays 

Very much hope so too

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Hopefully the new manager appointment may sway his judgement reckon we are the highest level he will play at. He prob get more money but not life changing deal 

So the question is 'how much is enough'? How much does he need?

Reckon mid table champ money is his best financial package so how close we get to that would be the problem for board. Love him but not willing to break the bank for him. Only player i would do that is Shanks rest could leave if they only wanted big cash deal 

3 hours ago, jtkb said:

Reckon mid table champ money is his best financial package so how close we get to that would be the problem for board. Love him but not willing to break the bank for him. Only player i would do that is Shanks rest could leave if they only wanted big cash deal 

Yeah and we need to do that ASAP for Shanks IMO. The huns will almost certainly start sniffing around him when he's got <12 months, and I want Shanks here for the next 5 years minimum!

On Gino, hopefully we can make a reasonable offer with decent length. Maybe be enough to get it over the line, although not holding out hope. 

This will prob be his biggest contract opertunity so tough for him not to chase the cash.

1 hour ago, jtkb said:

I take it we have made him a offer?

Yes, latest from player was offer wasn’t far off, but he wants his family closer.

10 hours ago, jtkb said:

Steady on. We’re Ginos 11th club for a reason, he’s played well for a couple of months and yes it would be good to keep him but he can forget it if he’s expecting to be one of the highest paid at the club. 

50 minutes ago, naeclue said:

Yes, latest from player was offer wasn’t far off, but he wants his family closer.

We'll have hotel rooms soon.

Diadora Van Basten

I kind of think the family thing might be a red herring. Most players rent rather than buy and I think a lot live in rental accommodation in Colinton as it’s close to the Oriam. I am sure he could afford to rent a house with two bedrooms in Colinton that would allow his family to stay when they want to.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I kind of think the family thing might be a red herring. Most players rent rather than buy and I think a lot live in rental accommodation in Colinton as it’s close to the Oriam. I am sure he could afford to rent a house with two bedrooms in Colinton that would allow his family to stay when they want to.

The club foots the bill for some players' digs - assuming they do with Gino because I think he shares with another player. Can't remember who. Of course they have the option to go and rent their own place if they want to live with their Mrs, family etc, but they'll have to pay for it themselves. Maybe he's factoring the additional living expenses into his side of the negotiations. 

Saw someone on Twitter post that his kit is apparently sponsorable. Which seems odd if he’s going… 

Easy enough to verify I assume for those familiar with that sort of stuff?

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Saw someone on Twitter post that his kit is apparently sponsorable. Which seems odd if he’s going… 

Easy enough to verify I assume for those familiar with that sort of stuff?

Not sure when the 1st team sponsorship renewal comes out but I was contacted on 14th June last year with deadline of 28th.

Also, I'm also pretty sure if you renew, sponsor and the player leaves, for the first team anyway you get offered one of the new signings.

6 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

The club foots the bill for some players' digs - assuming they do with Gino because I think he shares with another player. Can't remember who. Of course they have the option to go and rent their own place if they want to live with their Mrs, family etc, but they'll have to pay for it themselves. Maybe he's factoring the additional living expenses into his side of the negotiations. 

Additional living expenses? 😂

He expecting free living expenses for the rest of his life. He should be paying this out if his wages like the rest of the world. 

Loanees or maybe with players from abroad first arrive I get but we shouldn’t be putting up UK players on a couple of grand a week. 

41 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Not sure when the 1st team sponsorship renewal comes out but I was contacted on 14th June last year with deadline of 28th.

Also, I'm also pretty sure if you renew, sponsor and the player leaves, for the first team anyway you get offered one of the new signings.

Dear Player Sponsor

Thank you for your sponsorship and support during the Season 2022/23 Campaign.

Season 2023/24 Player Sponsorship packages have now been launched and you have first refusal to renew your first team Player Sponsorship of your chosen player or make a new “signing” for the season ahead.  

Please see attached the package and availability. The orange boxes are sponsored from last season and the white boxes are available for sponsorship.

If your sponsored player leaves Heart of Midlothian during the transfer window, you will get the option to sponsor another player.

If you wish to take advantage of your priority renewal time, please confirm directly to me by close of play on Thursday 8th June, before the sponsorship packages go to general sale.

51 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Failed to add reserve, youth team player package.

9 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Dear Player Sponsor

Thank you for your sponsorship and support during the Season 2022/23 Campaign.

Season 2023/24 Player Sponsorship packages have now been launched and you have first refusal to renew your first team Player Sponsorship of your chosen player or make a new “signing” for the season ahead.  

Please see attached the package and availability. The orange boxes are sponsored from last season and the white boxes are available for sponsorship.

If your sponsored player leaves Heart of Midlothian during the transfer window, you will get the option to sponsor another player.

If you wish to take advantage of your priority renewal time, please confirm directly to me by close of play on Thursday 8th June, before the sponsorship packages go to general sale.

Thnxs

Spellczech
10 hours ago, naeclue said:

When he says family, does he mean wife and kids or parents and siblings? If the former then I understand but the latter is a bit pathetic for a grown man.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

When he says family, does he mean wife and kids or parents and siblings? If the former then I understand but the latter is a bit pathetic for a grown man.

I'm guessing he means 'give me mire money for this' but I could just be being cynical'.

Diadora Van Basten

I wouldn’t think the gap between the rent on a one bedroom property and a two bedroom house is going to be less than £500 a month.

Surely this amount of money can’t be an issue given the improvement in his performance this season. 

I do find from my experience of dealing with football players that they are a bit like children who haven’t grown up.

25 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yep. I’m guessing he using it as an excuse to get more money. 

Seems like some thing that could be sorted out fairly easily with a bit of jiggery pokery and not cost us all that much . First time we have had a brilliant striker partnership in god knows how long . It would be good to see them stick together for at least another season . Might actually win some thing , if we sort out the defence too

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Yep. I’m guessing he using it as an excuse to get more money. 

So simple negotiation tactic. Good. He wants a deal then. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Additional living expenses? 😂

He expecting free living expenses for the rest of his life. He should be paying this out if his wages like the rest of the world. 

Loanees or maybe with players from abroad first arrive I get but we shouldn’t be putting up UK players on a couple of grand a week. 

I can assure you, it really isn't unusual for players to negotiate accommodation as part of their contract. I know for a fact - part of an old job - that some players have been recently. Uche was in club-provided accommodation in Slateford while he was here. Gino at least used to be, don't know if he still is. Vanecek was in a really nice flat just off Castle Terrace. Conor Sammon of all people was in a flat on Queen Street. Outside of Hearts, I know Ole Gunnar Solksjaer was in club-provided accommodation when he was manager of Swansea and that Man Utd put Chris Smalling up in a flat when he signed for them... 

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, JamboCampbell said:

Anyone else hearing chat he has signed?

Hope this is true. Would be annoying to finally get a song from Gino, finding his best position and then losing him. 

All the guessing about Gino's family etc really amuses me.  Not sure why, but it does.

Hope he's signed. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I have to admit I wasn't much of a fan of Gino until he got his new(ish) role sorted out but now I'm very keen for him to re-sign and, for the first time in many a long year, we'd have a strike force we can expect 35-40 goals from in a season. It must be the first time in a very long time we've been in a close season where a striker isn't our number one priority and we can concentrate on shoring up our defence and midfield, both areas far more easy to sort than the striking department.

A_A wehatethehibs

Think Josh is officially a free agent as of today. Contract expired yesterday. Don’t know if that makes any difference really to the situation 

3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I wouldn’t think the gap between the rent on a one bedroom property and a two bedroom house is going to be less than £500 a month.

Surely this amount of money can’t be an issue given the improvement in his performance this season. 

I do find from my experience of dealing with football players that they are a bit like children who haven’t grown up.

Your last bit is hardly surprising. For the ones playing at a high level, they’ve had other people arranging things like accommodation for them their entire adult lives.

Am I the only one that saw an official hearts twitter feed earlier that Ginelly had signed a 2 year deal. I went to the Hearts main site to check and nothing there. When I went back to twitter it was gone. Fingers crossed.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, heartyhub said:

Am I the only one that saw an official hearts twitter feed earlier that Ginelly had signed a 2 year deal. I went to the Hearts main site to check and nothing there. When I went back to twitter it was gone. Fingers crossed.

Think it was shown up as a fake, or at least that what folk sain in the transfer thread that is knocking about. 

Ricardo Quaresma
On 01/06/2023 at 07:34, GinRummy said:

I'm guessing he means 'give me mire money for this' but I could just be being cynical'.

I think that's correct, bud; if it's not an enormous and ridiculous amount, give him it; no mucking about and dropping the ball, please, Hearts

On 01/06/2023 at 07:39, Diadora Van Basten said:

Some properties including the one's Gino has in mind, are £2,500 pw or more

On 01/06/2023 at 09:00, AlphonseCapone said:

So simple negotiation tactic. Good. He wants a deal then. 

Good, if true; hope he's got one / gets one

On 01/06/2023 at 11:03, TheBigO said:

All the guessing about Gino's family etc really amuses me.  Not sure why, but it does.

Because they've crossed the line, but only because they care

:greggy:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 31/05/2023 at 18:39, Diadora Van Basten said:

Last I knew clubs pay accommodation allowance on top of salary.

Hearts1975
On 01/06/2023 at 10:39, Diadora Van Basten said:

The family thing isnt a red herring. Its more than likely to do with the contract length and less to do with the money, when he talks about it having to be worthwhile to uproot his family.

That would suggest he wants longer security on the contract so he doesnt need to uproot them, again, and anytime soon. 

Therefore the length of contract is the negotiation, and less likely the financial terms. 

On 01/06/2023 at 06:13, Rudy T said:

Steady on. We’re Ginos 11th club for a reason, he’s played well for a couple of months and yes it would be good to keep him but he can forget it if he’s expecting to be one of the highest paid at the club. 

This.

I don't think he's been in this position before. Either way, let's hope it's done and dusted and we move on.

That could be as big a signing as we make this summer.

Like, hopefully not, you know, but not needing to replace Gino is massive. Now lets have a whole season of him and Shanks up top smashing defences left right and centre

Can anyone tell me where this is being reported apart from on here?Smells a bit fake I'm afraid...

Edited by Daktari

19/05/2012
11 minutes ago, jambo007 said:

image.png.6b836c2ebf416664cbae42df95a05644.png

isn’t that from a couple of years ago when he signed his last deal?