***Official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Superb Euro away match v a big team incoming.

Somewhere sunny. 😎

Meanwhile ...

... Gonna put 8 past H1b5 on Saturday.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm getting there very fast. Let's see what he does second half.

Naisy booked for absolute shitehousery :pleasing:

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

This is absolutely outstanding.

He might talk Morelos into coming over and shoving him on the touchline at this rate.

4 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Toxic agenda driven wankers. **** off 

Do you swear on the internet because your mum doesn’t let you swear in the house? 

Teeth then bed pal. 

8 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Kuol is now the answer because he finally scored 😂

No, but he has shown more hunger in 10 mins tonight than forrest and McKay have since January.

Ffs he’s away back to Newcastle next week, obviously benefits him to be going back high on confidence and can’t see any of the previously mentioned doing much against the spoon burners. 

We signed him for these moments, let’s maybe get 1 more!!

12 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Kuol is now the answer because he finally scored 😂

Hard to score when you never get on the pitch 

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You missed these from me in the first half when I'm building up my secret agenda by praising Naismith for the way we were playing.

I'm getting there very fast. Let's see what he does second half.

Naisy booked for absolute shitehousery :pleasing:

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

This is absolutely outstanding.

He might talk Morelos into coming over and shoving him on the touchline at this rate.

Bull's-eye
Just now, tiger Rudi said:

There's plenty a coach can do about it, he can go and bring in a proper Centre Half!! Our biggest failing this season has been not replacing Halkett with a like for like no nonsense CB. We've known it all season! 

Our inability to defend set pieces on occasion doesn't stop the unforced errors we see every week.

Our defensive frailties don't answer the question of why we cant play away from home.

The team is gutless and weak under pressure.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There is even a chance we could drop to 5th.

Wash you’re mouth out!

Gundermann

Not sure that Naismith bringing on an ancient Michael Smith to play in midfield when we need energy at a goal or two while 2-1 down is the best thing to put on his CV for the manager's job. Trounce Hibs though...

Rangers are undefeated all season at home, we rarely lay a glove on them, we got a draw.

This season was thrown away for other reasons. Imo Naismith got us closer to 3rd than I thought and we beat Hibs, he's turned the ship around

14 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Agree mostly. Would probably keep McKay - when's he good, he's very good. Get some competition for him though. He needs to know it's 100% against every club.

You mean Oda.........the guy always subbed no matter what....for Smith ffs??????

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Meh.

We would've finished third if we'd kept faith in Robbeh O'Nheilson.

I think you forgot to type "bottom" between the words third and if 😉

Just now, Gundermann said:

Not sure that Naismith bringing on an ancient Michael Smith to play in midfield when we need energy at a goal or two while 2-1 down is the best thing to put on his CV for the manager's job. Trounce Hibs though...

Trounce Hibs and he still put Smith on ffs!

bobskeldon
1 minute ago, MrBones said:

We get a rare point in Glasgow and some fans want half the team gone and Naismith punted. 

How many points have we got in Glasgow in the last 10 years?

Context!!!!! How many times have we went to Glasgow NEEDING to win. That’s now 3 ‘cup finals’ out of 4 we have been very poor for at least 45 mins when we needed points!

Hibs Poor for 90

St Mirren Poor for 45

Rangers Poor for 45

jambopilms

Tbf escaping Ibrox with a point is good going for most hearts teams. Shouldn't really expect much more.

Bull's-eye
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Solely?

Again, then what is the manager’s role at the club? Grown babysitter?

I’m really curious how deep a hole you’re willing to dig yourself in support of Neilson here…

Well, yes Partridge.

At our pishy level, id say the players hold the key to success.

Neilson lost whatever slight influence he had, Naisy has probably just realised the same thing.

1 minute ago, MrBones said:

We get a rare point in Glasgow and some fans want half the team gone and Naismith punted. 

How many points have we got in Glasgow in the last 10 years?

I agree - call themselves supporters ! Guys don’t know why Cochrane wasn’t playing! Think Saturdays game is at Easter Road! Know SFA about Hearts and make plain stupid comments about the team. Yes we have only got ourselves to blame for not finishing third, but anyone who thinks there hasn’t been a significant improvement in our play, approach to games etc since Naismith took over is, quite frankly deluded.

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Superb Euro away match v a big team incoming.

Somewhere sunny. 😎

Meanwhile ...

... Gonna put 8 past H1b5 on Saturday.

Whre im at. Just a shame sheep got money. Passports oot!!

That said, this is Hearts. Hobo and Caley wins inbound 🙈😢

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Interesting compilation. I don’t think all are agenda driven though, I believe some were so entrenched in their support for Neilson that their views on current performances are skewed in favour of those views. As in if we play better under a different manager, then that reflects badly on Neilson, which reflects badly on the opinions supporting Neilson. So they nitpick at what they perceive is support that should’ve been given to the previous manager being given to the other one. So I wouldn’t say agenda driven, perhaps a tad narcissistic.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Well, yes Partridge.

At our pishy level, id say the players hold the key to success.

Neilson lost whatever slight influence he had, Naisy has probably just realised the same thing.

For the third time, what is the manager’s role at the club?

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Do you swear on the internet because your mum doesn’t let you swear in the house? 

Teeth then bed pal. 

🤣🤣🤣

ScandinavianJambo
9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Sorry, but forwards need a supply and for most of the second half we never had any ball. Extra man in midfield was designed to get the ball and create more chances. Sack the man that got our first point of the season against the uglies, really?? WE were gung-ho enough to get an equalizer though

This 100%. I'm not overly impressed with today's game manship ie the players lack of steel , but I'm overall liking what I'm seeing from Naismith. Saturday is a must win...but cannot believe it has come to this...(and that the the game isn't televised 🤬)

Bull's-eye
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

For the third time, what is the manager’s role at the club?

Have you ever played football?

No Idle Talk

So much mixed emotions after watching that.

The first half an hour was really good. We were brave on the ball and positive with our passing. Doing the same things we have been doing in our last two home games. We were getting in behind Rangers defence and looked dangerous. Gino's pace and Shankland's hold up play was causing them problems. Our pressing and tackling were also very good. It was really how you'd like to see a Hearts team play at Ibrox.

The last fifteen minutes of the first half we dropped off a bit and it felt like we were just trying to get to half time at 0-1. The goal was a terrible goal to lose. Hill falls down, which is really unfortunate, and then I have no clue what Peter Haring thought he was doing when Cantwell ran through on goal. Cantwell is left footed, Haring should know that. Instead of coming across Cantwell and stopping him from getting a shot away with his preferred foot he just slowed down and let Cantwell shoot. Awful.

The goal at the start of the second half was even worse. Total nightmare by Sibbick. The baw was burst after that. The second half was really just like so many Hearts performances I have seen at Ibrox. Them having most of the ball and us not ever looking like scoring. It was nice to get the equaliser at the end but it was too little much too late. 

To lose third place from the position we were in is just so disappointing. We've done it to ourselves and that's what hurts the most. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

slashishere
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Shanks to hit 29 & 30 to bury spoonburners.

Now that would be lovely 😍

Just now, ScandinavianJambo said:

This 100%. I'm not overly impressed with today's game manship ie the players lack of steel , but I'm overall liking what I'm seeing from Naismith. Saturday is a must win...but cannot believe it has come to this...(and that the the game isn't televised 🤬)

👍I am sure you will find a wee stream somewhere:hae36:

spirt of 98
29 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Unforced errors have destroyed us all season.

Thats the players unfortunately and nothing a coach/manager can deal with.

We're top 6 give or take all the mistakes.

Sad but true.

Get Sibbick and Hill tae f….. they have cost us so much. 

5 minutes ago, Holtie said:

I agree - call themselves supporters ! Guys don’t know why Cochrane wasn’t playing! Think Saturdays game is at Easter Road! Know SFA about Hearts and make plain stupid comments about the team. Yes we have only got ourselves to blame for not finishing third, but anyone who thinks there hasn’t been a significant improvement in our play, approach to games etc since Naismith took over is, quite frankly deluded.

The posters on here know everything about football actually. Fortunately next season we'll have someone in charge who knows something about football (like us posters on here), rather than someone like Naismith who works in a bank during the day and has barely kicked a ball since leaving school (where he was lucky he was born in January and so his puny wee body could compete in the year below).  

ScandinavianJambo
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

👍I am sure you will find a wee stream somewhere:hae36:

Aye that I will. It's just SFAs sh*** contract with SKY that pisses me off....hey ho...

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

Selkirkhmfc1874

Gutted that's 3rd gone but delighted to take a point through there! Finish the season in style beating that mob on Saturday and hopefully the board will get the big decision correct in the summer

Bull's-eye
Just now, spirt of 98 said:

Get Sibbick and Hill tae f….. they have cost us so much. 

Stop being stupid.

Sibbick will be plenty supporters player of the season. Hill is a loan.

The White Cockade

Tin hat on but We did better then I thought we would tonight 

Went out flying and could have been 2 up in less than 10 minutes

Rangers have better quality players and were always likely to come back but both goals were an absolute nonsense due to bad luck and individual mistakes

That was a blow we didn’t recover from but kept going and got the equaliser 

Compared to recent games against them it was a big improvement 

How people can use this game to slate Naismith is beyond me

Losing third place totally gutting but nothing to do with today’s game

Clark - great today after poor spell 

Natty - another strong performance and hope he stays 

Toby - disastrous error and not a CB for me but with his pace and ability give him a go in the Haring role

Hill - very good stopped a goal or two after his slip

Rowles - did ok at full back

Haring - was mostly decent but he’ll never get his pace back 

Devlin - love the guy real terrier but bang average footballer 

Forest - was very tidy for an hour some good crosses but not enough impact 

Oda - tried hard nothing really came off

Ginnelly - not sure if he was 100% but not involved enough Never kicked a ball second half Needs to stop giving up when he thinks he’s fouled but great pace and ability when he shows it

Shanks - worked his socks off for 90 minutes 

21 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Don't forget about Cristiano Mckay. Guy hasn't been dropped all season and has the strength and application of wet loo roll.

Ya reckon?

15 minutes ago, One five said:

Mckay ! He should just get to ****

You too.

Simply scroll to 19 seconds on this clip then go and lie down in a darkened room to contemplate your assessment ...

spirt of 98
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Stop being stupid.

Sibbick will be plenty supporters player of the season. Hill is a loan.

I’ll just ignore this tripe 

tiger Rudi
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

Tin hat on but We did better then I thought we would tonight 

Went out flying and could have been 2 up in less than 10 minutes

Rangers have better quality players and were always likely to come back but both goals were an absolute nonsense due to bad luck and individual mistakes

That was a blow we didn’t recover from but kept going and got the equaliser 

Compared to recent games against them it was a big improvement 

How people can use this game to slate Naismith is beyond me

Losing third place totally gutting but nothing to do with today’s game

Clark - great today after poor spell 

Natty - another strong performance and hope he stays 

Toby - disastrous error and not a CB for me but with his pace and ability give him a go in the Haring role

Hill - very good stopped a goal or two after his slip

Rowles - did ok at full back

Haring - was mostly decent but he’ll never get his pace back 

Devlin - love the guy real terrier but bang average footballer 

Forest - was very tidy for an hour some good crosses but not enough impact 

Oda - tried hard nothing really came off

Ginnelly - not sure if he was 100% but not involved enough Never kicked a ball second half Needs to stop giving up when he thinks he’s fouled but great pace and ability when he shows it

Shanks - worked his socks off for 90 minutes 

Would agree with all of that assessment tbh. We seriously lack quality in midfield, bringing Smith on showed how weak our squad is, when we were looking for a bit of a spark and renewed energy. Haring, Devlin, Smith, Kio. All much of a muchness. Remains to be seen if Sibbick could bring something different in that area. Maybe Grant coming on for Oda would have been a better choice tonight. 

BackOfTheNet
15 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Have you ever played football?

Yes. And since you can’t answer the most simple of questions, I know to dismiss any comment you make on this board again. To look at this season and to not attribute even a portion of the blame to Neilson is blind loyalty to the former manager at best or sheer lack of intelligence at worst.

6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Ya reckon?

You too.

Simply scroll to 19 seconds on this clip then go and lie down in a darkened room to contemplate your assessment ...

Rubbish ,  how many minutes does he play-in a game ? Feckin not enough for us I’ve said before he is a great player but I just can’t stand players that don’t get us, he should go and play in a team that wants to win FA ! because he ain’t a winner he is a I love me man we need a players that players for the club not for themselves. I just can’t believe because some fans that want a now and again player , but hey mate maybe  we all want the same but in a different way 🤷‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Sums up how little some on here understand football.

More attacking players does not  necessarily mean you have a better chance of scoring. You need balance and a platform- that’s why Smith was brought on. Could have been Kio but Smith was chosen first probably for experience

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes. And since you can’t answer the most simple of questions, I know to dismiss any comment you make on this board again. To look at this season and to not attribute even a portion of the blame to Neilson is blind loyalty to the former manager at best or sheer lack of intelligence at worst.

As a player in the current squad id be looking at myself for ****ing this up.

Robbie had us in the prime spot.

My opinion is based on the weakness of the players, not on the expertise of Neilson.

This group currently aren't better than where they've finished.

The next coach will get the same results.

First 15-20 mins we were superb, 1-0 up and could have been 2 up if Gino scored his chance. We were winning 50-50s, second balls and not letting them find their rhythm. As soon as we went 2-1 down I feared the worst as their tails were up and they started to create a few more chances

did feel we were missing a man in the middle of the park because we couldn’t get close to them the whole second half and we looked a bit tired. Credit to them

for going to the end and getting an equaliser which ironically doesn’t do anything for us except give us a bit more confidence going into Saturday. 

felt we just lacked a bit of quality on the ball and a cutting edge at times but we are not a million miles away

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

As a player in the current squad id be looking at myself for ****ing this up.

Robbie had us in the prime spot.

My opinion is based on the weakness of the players, not on the expertise of Neilson.

This group currently aren't better than where they've finished.

The next coach will get the same results.

Hang on, let me get this right…

”Robbie”, not the players, “had us in the prime spot”.

But the players, not “Robbie”, are at fault for us not getting 3rd.

Is that what you’re saying?

Edited by BackOfTheNet

20 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Gutted that's 3rd gone but delighted to take a point through there! Finish the season in style beating that mob on Saturday and hopefully the board will get the big decision correct in the summer

Absolutely sick as feck right now but confident for a win on Saturday.

Diadora Van Basten

Bit disappointed they didn’t put the offside lines on the screen for our first goal it would have been quite embarrassing for the assistant ref who flagged it as offside.

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Strange decision really. 

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Bit disappointed they didn’t put the offside lines on the screen for our first goal it would have been quite embarrassing for the assistant ref who flagged it as offside.

Except that they do not do 'embarrassment'.

'Brown evelopes'? More like blue 'uns.

Bull's-eye
9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hang on, let me get this right…

”Robbie”, not the players, “had us in the prime spot”.

But the players, not “Robbie”, are at fault for us not getting 3rd.

Is that what you’re saying?

Players win football matches.

Not coaches.

Especially coaches that dont work at the club.

If people want to blame the coach OR previous coach then thats fair enough, im happy blaming the players when there is zero tactical reason not to.

DesertDawg
44 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Did seem a bit odd at the time but it was an effort to add experience to the midfield and, to a certain extent, it worked. 

Besides, Oda was being subjected to the dark arts of games in the English Championship and League One by Cantwell who clearly has nothing to new to learn there.  👎

DesertDawg
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Except that they do not do 'embarrassment'.

'Brown evelopes'? More like blue 'uns.

And what happened to the linesman letting possible offsides run until plays stops?  Another cheat learning his trade at Ibrox.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, longmalx said:

Sums up how little some on here understand football.

More attacking players does not  necessarily mean you have a better chance of scoring. You need balance and a platform- that’s why Smith was brought on. Could have been Kio but Smith was chosen first probably for experience

Experience of what, getting beat off Rangers, losing the ball by going backwards? The guy is finished at this level and we needed urgency and two goals, not a RB in midfield. To put him in between Devlin and Haring for even a few minutes was a weird decision.