Tobacco (prices)

Vlad Magic

Shooter McGavin
4 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Everyone has a vice I suppose. Why not try water?

Don’t see anything “vice” like about somebody standing outside a pub in the p****** rain, trying to keep their  fag dry whilst shivering in the cold just to get rid of a craving they never had until they started smoking.

Alcohol turns some people into massive twats, whereas everybody that smokes has absolutely stinking breath and reeks the table out.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Morgan

• il Duce McTarkin

• BlueRiver

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Don’t see anything “vice” like about somebody standing outside a pub in the p****** rain, trying to keep their  fag dry whilst shivering in the cold just to get rid of a craving they never had until they started smoking.

Alcohol turns some people into massive twats, whereas everybody that smokes has absolutely stinking breath and reeks the table out.

You don’t see why smoking or drinking is a vice? 

Okay, no bother then. 

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Correct.  

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

Okay, no bother then. 

He ( @Shooter McGavin ) didn’t say drinking was a vice though.  Did he?

Typical kickback. Someone starts a thread then judgemental arseholes come on to judge others. Speaking from experience, virtually all smokers wish they never started. I've spent the last 13 years trying to stop smoking: Sometimes I'm clean for a few weeks or a few months, once for a couple of years. Every time I spark up that first smoke after stopping, I absolutely hate myself. All smokers know the damage we are doing to ourselves, I watched my father die of lung cancer. I don't need some prick pretending to be holier than thow telling me how low I am.

We all know it's an addiction, but part of us enjoys our addiction whilst at the same time we hate our addiction.

Edited by superjack

Shooter McGavin
17 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Okay, no bother then. 

I didn’t actually claim either of those, so you just made them up in your own head 👍🏻

I’m saying I don’t think smoking cigarettes is a vice, cigars yes, but chain-smoking lambert and butlers in the cold and p****** rain? Nah, not for me, that’s not for enjoyment, that’s just somebody getting rid of a craving.

2 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

We need more judgemental arseholes imo.

🤣🤣🤣

Can you tell I was pissed last night?

jack D and coke

I stopped smoking on the glorious 12th coming up 7 years ago now and I couldn’t hate it anymore than I do. 

The smell alone is utterly foul…never mind what it’s doing to your organs. 
I can’t believe I smoked that shit for 25 years…I remember when I smoked defending it too…🙈I enjoy a fag and all that shite. 
You enjoy maybe one a day and smoke all the other ones for that one. 
I noticed my fags are now about 13 quid a packet. Ffs :lol: 

jack D and coke
On 20/05/2023 at 18:53, crunchy frog said:

Its over 15 quid for 20 regal filter now, and they're just 2 draws and a burnt lip

Regal wee were my first snouts….

15 quid🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honestly there isn’t words for the stupidity of smoking these days. 

55 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I stopped smoking on the glorious 12th coming up 7 years ago now and I couldn’t hate it anymore than I do. 

I can’t believe I smoked that shit for 25 years…I remember when I smoked defending it too…🙈I enjoy a fag and all that shite. 

Big part of why I stopped. Was smoking on a break one day and it just struck me I was enjoying about 2 or 3 from every packet at most.

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Big part of why I stopped. Was smoking on a break one day and it just struck me I was enjoying about 2 or 3 from every packet at most.

I don’t believe I ever enjoyed anymore than one per day. After my dinner at night. 
The rest I smoked just for that single one. 
Hideous. 

6 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

We need more judgemental arseholes imo.

You're a complete and utter ****. Happy now? ;)

the posh bit
On 20/05/2023 at 18:53, crunchy frog said:

Its over 15 quid for 20 regal filter now, and they're just 2 draws and a burnt lip

I mind there was a pal of mine in high school who smoked wee Regal. The first-cuts were tragic. 

Edited by the posh bit

Greedy Jambo

I remember when a tenner would get you 10 lambert and butler, 4 cans of lager and a bottle of buckfast. :berra:

50p for a bag of chips. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

il Duce McTarkin
54 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You're a complete and utter ****. 

:spoton:

:greatpost:

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Regal wee were my first snouts….

15 quid🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honestly there isn’t words for the stupidity of smoking these days. 

Ten Regal wee, a sixteenth of soapy, a packet of skins, box of Scottish Bluebell, and a glass bottle of Irn-Bru could be had for a ten spot in 1989.

Made the daily trudge with a heavy newspaper bag and the dash back from Tynecastle to deliver the Pink News on  Saturday worthwhile.

The glory years.

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Ten Regal wee, a sixteenth of soapy, a packet of skins, box of Scottish Bluebell, and a glass bottle of Irn-Bru could be had for a ten spot in 1989.

Made the daily trudge with a heavy newspaper bag and the dash back from Tynecastle to deliver the Pink News on  Saturday worthwhile.

The glory years.

Man….

Add a party size bottle of merrydown or some other cheap cider. 

How I’d love to live those days again…

:glorious:

il Duce McTarkin
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Very generous of you to share your USP. 

I'm not judgemental.

13 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Man….

Add a party size bottle of merrydown or some other cheap cider. 

How I’d love to live those days again…

:glorious:

Ooft Merrydown. There's a drink I haven't thought about in a long time 🤣 

Harry Potter
49 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Ooft Merrydown. There's a drink I haven't thought about in a long time 🤣 

Merrydown, new one to me, was it high Vol %.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

7 or 8% maybe? I just mainly remember getting litre glass bottles of it I'm sure! 

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

I’m not (or ever was) a cider drinker but I remember that on the few occasions that I had it, Merrydown was probably the best.

I think it’s ABV was pretty high (maybe 6 or 7 %).

Harry Potter
44 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

7 or 8% maybe? I just mainly remember getting litre glass bottles of it I'm sure! 

rocket fuel, 😏.

19 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

You're actually spot on with that btw. I never really smoked at all bar a few on a night out, until I was about 27. But, as I alluded to on the alcohol thread, I was out that much that 'smoking when I have a drink' just became smoking all the time. I've never quite shook it since. That said, I'm not a huge smoker compared to many. I'll probably tan a 20 deck in a day/night while on the piss, but the next morning I won't even touch one. Sometimes I'll go 2/3 days without one, but the impulse always gets the better of me and I'll buy a pack.

I enjoy a fag in the morning first thing, or after a particularly rough day at work or whatever, and when you've not had one for a day or 2, that first one hits different. But then I just find myself smoking them purely because they are there and I don't like it. On average, I'd say I maybe smoke 200 a month, which is probably not a lot compared to many people, but still over £100 out my pocket.

Prices are mad though. £11-12 at least in supermarkets, newsagents tend to be upwards of the £13 mark. One of my German mates brought 200 Marlboro Golds over last month and it cost me £50. :lol: 

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Locky said:

You're actually spot on with that btw. I never really smoked at all bar a few on a night out, until I was about 27. But, as I alluded to on the alcohol thread, I was out that much that 'smoking when I have a drink' just became smoking all the time. I've never quite shook it since. That said, I'm not a huge smoker compared to many. I'll probably tan a 20 deck in a day/night while on the piss, but the next morning I won't even touch one. Sometimes I'll go 2/3 days without one, but the impulse always gets the better of me and I'll buy a pack.

I enjoy a fag in the morning first thing, or after a particularly rough day at work or whatever, and when you've not had one for a day or 2, that first one hits different. But then I just find myself smoking them purely because they are there and I don't like it. On average, I'd say I maybe smoke 200 a month, which is probably not a lot compared to many people, but still over £100 out my pocket.

Prices are mad though. £11-12 at least in supermarkets, newsagents tend to be upwards of the £13 mark. One of my German mates brought 200 Marlboro Golds over last month and it cost me £50. :lol: 

Another thing is when I stopped the snouts the difference in how you feel the next day is unbelievable. 
I was actually ill after a night out when a smoker. 
Pack those ****ers up asap and feel the difference the next day.
You’ll feel better taking a nosebag then 20 snouts trust me. 
It’s night and day. 

Absolute poison they are. 

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Another thing is when I stopped the snouts the difference in how you feel the next day is unbelievable. 
I was actually ill after a night out when a smoker. 
Pack those ****ers up asap and feel the difference the next day.
You’ll feel better taking a nosebag then 20 snouts trust me. 
It’s night and day. 

Absolute poison they are. 

Tbf, maybe the smoking is what's caused my hangovers to grow tenfold. I'll definitely need to give it a try. Plan on having a few beers on Wednesday with the game. Just bought a packet of fags this morning so I'll try smoke through them before Wednesday night and see how I get on.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Tbf, maybe the smoking is what's caused my hangovers to grow tenfold. I'll definitely need to give it a try. Plan on having a few beers on Wednesday with the game. Just bought a packet of fags this morning so I'll try smoke through them before Wednesday night and see how I get on.

I’m telling you mate the difference in my hangovers when I quit the fags is mental. 
Its not money where fags are concerned they’re absolutely ****ing foul things and you’ll hate them in a just a few weeks if you can get yourself through it. 
Do it. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m telling you mate the difference in my hangovers when I quit the fags is mental. 
Its not money where fags are concerned they’re absolutely ****ing foul things and you’ll hate them in a just a few weeks if you can get yourself through it. 
Do it. 

I'd love to shake it and go back to how I was before even. Share a pack with a mate on a night out and never touch them for weeks if not months. Although, if I felt my hangovers ease when not smoking I'd perhaps just pack in altogether.

doctor jambo
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

That and K cider.

Unable To touch either anymore 

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Locky said:

I'd love to shake it and go back to how I was before even. Share a pack with a mate on a night out and never touch them for weeks if not months. Although, if I felt my hangovers ease when not smoking I'd perhaps just pack in altogether.

Mate I used to be the same all weak as **** when I went out and end up back on them. I don’t know what just happened one day, I went out to my place in Spain and for some reason didn’t buy my duty frees, then something just clicked and thank god it did too. I actually fecking hate them now. The smell after someone comes back into the pub just about makes me throw up now. 
You’ll be able to drink more as well when you pack the foul things up. 
😂

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

That and K cider.

Blue Thunderbird, 10 regal, skins and a half q, when I was a boy.

Only reason I started smoking was the hash. Gave up when I got a bong.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Harry Potter
12 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

That and K cider.

Remember watching planet of the apes with my wife drinking K cider, she was seeing double,

😮.

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Remember watching planet of the apes with my wife drinking K cider, she was seeing double,

😮.

🎼There’s only two Harry Potters 🎼

jack D and coke

Occasionally used to get a nice pint of Blastaway after walking into my local on a Saturday years ago. Just to get the party started you understand.  
Diamond White or K cider really and Castaway in pint glass. 
Any other gonads drink them? 

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Can’t remember what we paid for the litre bottles back then.
2 quid or something silly. 
Took you to planet Pluto anyway :lol: 

Was Carbon White something that done the rounds with you? Sure that was somewhere in high single digits for volume and was 99p a litre. Green plastic bottle. 

Horrible, horrible stuff. 

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Must've been a 750ml bottle I would get rather than what I thought was a litre.

Nope, it was litre bottles, if we're talking the old days. It's 750ml bottles nowadays.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Was Carbon White something that done the rounds with you? Sure that was somewhere in high single digits for volume and was 99p a litre. Green plastic bottle. 

Horrible, horrible stuff. 

Don’t recall that. Diamond White was a strong cider around then. 

We really drank whatever was cheap and merrydown got you bonkers for a couple of quid.
Other ones were 20/20 and mibbe some cheap lagers to make snakebite or whatever. It was just get melted cheap as you could :lol: 

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Nope, it was litre bottles, if we're talking the old days. It's 750ml bottles nowadays.

My old days are the mid-00s - wasn't sure from the article if they'd changed by then. I also would've sworn to it being 8.2% but must've been 7.5% when I had it. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Don’t recall that. Diamond White was a strong cider around then. 

We really drank whatever was cheap and merrydown got you bonkers for a couple of quid.
Other ones were 20/20 and mibbe some cheap lagers to make snakebite or whatever. It was just get melted cheap as you could :lol: 

I can't turn it up on Google either but I'm certain it existed! 

It is mad to think back at all the goodies that a tenner would get. I'm sure I remember a 10 of Richmond costing about £1.40. Didn't smoke back at that age though. Picked that habit up after I was 18. 

35 minutes ago, theshed said:

Is it still 200 fags only you can bring back from Spain nowadays?

from gov website

• 200 cigarettes
  • 100 cigarillos
  • 50 cigars
  • 250g tobacco
  • 200 sticks of tobacco for electronic heated tobacco devices