Mikey Stewart talks up Csaba

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

An actually quite positive piece in today's (Wednesday's) Record, where Mikey Stewart says you wouldn't believe how many s***e bosses are out there - *cough* *cough* *Squareheid* - but that he doesn't think Csaba's one. Choice quotes:

"Laszlo is the kind of manager players want to listen to. You can tell he's a very honest and decent guy, but that shouldn't be mistaken for a sign of weakness."

"He won't be a soft touch. Laszlo thinks of himself as German, and how many Germans do you know who suffer fools gladly?"

"He made it clear (to the players) that his philosophy is to pass the ball and not indulge in daft punts up the park."

And a bit from Laszlo on assessing the squad:

"It only takes a coach 10 minutes, not three weeks, to find out how players feel. I know those who want to be direct and the others who stand back a bit because they don't want to make a mistake."

tartofmidlothian

Ah, I see it. Should have done the apologies-if-posted-already bit. Oh well. Many apologies for making you read it again.

Ah, I see it. Should have done the apologies-if-posted-already bit. Oh well. Many apologies for making you read it again.

Good for me, i'd never seen it before - Thanks

"He made it clear (to the players) that his philosophy is to pass the ball and not indulge in daft punts up the park."

Certainly had a few daft punts on the park last season!

Although I was a tad worse for wear through the bevy on Monday - I did comment to a few of the guys that Hearts palyed the ball on the deck and it was all passing, passing and passing.

Hopefully with the right personnel it will improve.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
."He won't be a soft touch. Laszlo thinks of himself as German, and how many Germans do you know who suffer fools gladly?"

Nice bit of national stereotyping there Mikey!! How many German's do you actually know anyway?

Although I was a tad worse for wear through the bevy on Monday - I did comment to a few of the guys that Hearts palyed the ball on the deck and it was all passing, passing and passing.

Hopefully with the right personnel it will improve.

We saw that a couple of times last season too. But the players we have in midfield/up front are too lightweight to play that style in the SPL.

We need a lot of new players in that area.

robin hood jambo
An actually quite positive piece in today's (Wednesday's) Record, where Mikey Stewart says you wouldn't believe how many s***e bosses are out there - *cough* *cough* *Squareheid* - but that he doesn't think Csaba's one. Choice quotes:

"Laszlo is the kind of manager players want to listen to. You can tell he's a very honest and decent guy, but that shouldn't be mistaken for a sign of weakness."

"He won't be a soft touch. Laszlo thinks of himself as German, and how many Germans do you know who suffer fools gladly?"

And a bit from Laszlo on assessing the squad:

"It only takes a coach 10 minutes, not three weeks, to find out how players feel. I know those who want to be direct and the others who stand back a bit because they don't want to make a mistake."

Whilst i too have been quietly impressed by csaba's soundbites, i would also like to add that these are the same players who asked for frail to be given the job when we could all see he didnt have a clue.

marshallschunkychicken

Anyone else think Mikey Stewart is trying to talk his way into the captain's position?

Ron Burgundy
Anyone else think Mikey Stewart is trying to talk his way into the captain's position?

I wouldn't have a problem with that.If he can get his form back then he is the only candidate at Tynecastle righ now IMO.

Drylaw Hearts
I wouldn't have a problem with that.If he can get his form back then he is the only candidate at Tynecastle righ now IMO.

He played very well at beginning of the Season.

But after around 6-8 matches he was a passenger.

His volatile temperament rules him out imo.

Ron Burgundy
He played very well at beginning of the Season.

But after around 6-8 matches he was a passenger.

His volatile temperament rules him out imo.

It's either angry Michael or the mild mannered Berra,not much of a choice I know but I'd personally have a captain who wasn't afraid to be heard.

Hopefully this years captain will be signing shortly.

Drylaw Hearts
It's either angry Michael or the mild mannered Berra,not much of a choice I know but I'd personally have a captain who wasn't afraid to be heard.

Hopefully this years captain will be signing shortly.

But in terms of contribution to the team Berra offered 100 times more last Season whilst Stewart lost all his composure.

Stewart cracked under pressure.

Ron Burgundy
But in terms of contribution to the team Berra offered 100 times more last Season whilst Stewart lost all his composure.

Stewart cracked under pressure.

I think Stewart was hurting by his own and the teams performance.Berra didn't seem too bothered.Anyway,lets hope new personnel arrive and one of them is captain material.

Mmmm...now let me see...I want a game.... so do I say the new manager is PISH or the best thing since sliced breed! :rolleyes:

Frankenstein Jambo.

You don't get very many pressley style captains. Calm but assertive, leader on the park, inspirational at time, wears heart on his sleave. Berra, in time, may turn out to be captain material but just now i don't think he's ready.

Banks should be made captain

Mr Quagmire
We saw that a couple of times last season too. But the players we have in midfield/up front are too lightweight to play that style in the SPL.

We need a lot of new players in that area.

As i have said before coco, you should really try and speak out of your mouth.

YOu never know, you might make more sense. :rolleyes:

Probably our most quoteworthy player. He may be regarded by many as a bit arrogant but you can tell that the guy has a brain in his head...of course sometimes he loses his head! LOL

tartofmidlothian

Fully believe that Mikey Stewart, in a good team and keeping his wits about him, could become a Hearts legend. It's not too late - look at Elvis, he was part of the 98-99 debacle, after all.

highlander1956

I was sitting beside Lee Wallace on the Belfast flight with Mikey opposite, we talked for a good while and 1) I was impressed by his openness and genuine committment 2) He spoke honestly and with real enthusiasm about Csaba saying he'd only been in Saturday and Sunday but he was really impressed and hopeful.

It also gave me some understanding into his behaviour at times last season which I'm sure now was down to frustration. If you told me last season I'd be saying give him the armband I'd have laughed at you, but I'm inclined now to think he could be our man.

Dirk Diggler

Stewart should count himself lucky he is still at a club like Hearts.

After his performance at Tannadice in January, He should never have worn a Jersey again.

Imo.

Bottom line has to be that everyone is now starting with a 'clean slate'

We've all seen what a change of scene can do for some players, so lets

hope that Shabba's arrival will have the effect of changing the 'scene' for everyone who's currently at the club

I they don't want to haul themselves up the rope and into the life-raft ?

........well that's their choice, and hopefully it will be :byebye: for those

of that mind

Archived