Well done, ref

Wee Mikey

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I didn't really want to start a new thread, but didn't wish to corrupt the 'Well done Willie Collum' thread.

It had me thinking of other bizarre or just plain wrong refereeing decisions, so here's the one that sprang to mind first.

it may not be quite up there with Collumgate, but Jamie Hamill's red card for deliberate handball? You couldn't make it up! Then again, no need to when John Beaton is in charge. Right in front of the Hearts support too. Hopping mad!!!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/23932806

What a joke, worst refs going, useless.

Spitonastranger

The small one that irks me is Gordon being booked at Hampden when Goncalves was lying injured with a head knock 

Back to 2005
16 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I mind a game against Rangers in 88-89, Jim *** Renton gave Robbo as offside two yards inside the Hearts half.

I think that would be the game when it was reported his son was in the stand with a Rangers scarf…..

we got absolutely nothing that day. It was a disgrace. 

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Will never forget this one 

What a passage!

Dallas Snr at the helm. Quelle surprise.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

I think that would be the game when it was reported his son was in the stand with a Rangers scarf…..

we got absolutely nothing that day. It was a disgrace. 

was John Colquhoun also given offside in that game lying flat out injured in the Huns' half? Or was that v Atletico Madrid?

Just mind-boggling stuff in any case

Back to 2005
15 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

2-1 up and ended up getting beat 3-2. It did get rescinded. That was another Iain Brines one. He had a few extremely contentious decisions against us. Even refused to rescind Zals red card which ended up making the SFA change the appeals process.

In the same game Balde only getting a yellow for the most obvious red card you will ever see on Jankauskis. 

Back to 2005
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

was John Colquhoun also given offside in that game lying flat out injured in the Huns' half? Or was that v Atletico Madrid?

Just mind-boggling stuff in any case

Not sure but remember Souness, Hurlock etc taking it in turns to put the boot in to JC one day. 
we always seemed to get David Syme as the ref against the old firm back then until one day when we had had enough of him and “accidentally “ locked him in the changing room.”

Wasn't there a game against Celtic where Webster got elbowed in the head from Hartson, and the official decision was that Webster somehow managed to elbow himself in the head? 

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Not sure but remember Souness, Hurlock etc taking it in turns to put the boot in to JC one day. 
we always seemed to get David Syme as the ref against the old firm back then until one day when we had had enough of him and “accidentally “ locked him in the changing room.”

David Syme - I hated that ****, jesus... what a time to be alive

Back to 2005
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

David Syme - I hated that ****, jesus... what a time to be alive

He was a cheating **** and hated us with a passion. Peaked at the Scottish cup game at Parkhead when 3 were sent off. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
55 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

just remembered Son of Dallas in Perth a few years ago - we were 2-1 up, Haring and Saints player going for same ball, no contact, Saints player goes down in a heap, penalty St J - laughable decision, and ultimately got us demoted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46463514

No it didn't. That incident was from the 2018/19 season. You're thinking of the season after 👍

Dennis Reynolds
11 minutes ago, Norm said:

Wasn't there a game against Celtic where Webster got elbowed in the head from Hartson, and the official decision was that Webster somehow managed to elbow himself in the head? 

O'Neill stated that the arm wasn't Hartsons even though there's no one else near them 😄

Yellow card so no retrospective ban. Game wasn't televised so it was only Hearts own video that caught it.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

No it didn't. That incident was from the 2018/19 season. You're thinking of the season after 👍

ah of course, all the misery puddling into one big lump!

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Norm said:

Nothing official because the officials all managed to miss it.

It was Martin O‘Neill who told his media admirers that Webster had elbowed himself. Can’t remember any of them challenging this blarney from that idiot. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

In the same game Balde only getting a yellow for the most obvious red card you will ever see on Jankauskis. 

Correct. Brines another in a long list of cheating bassas 

Clivehunter81
18 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Nothing official because the officials all managed to miss it.

It was Martin O‘Neill who told his media admirers that Webster had elbowed himself. Can’t remember any of them challenging this blarney from that idiot. 

Impossible to elbow yourself 😃.. forgot about that one 

WeeToonJambo
On 10/05/2023 at 21:07, Wee Mikey said:

We all have a right good chuckle at that 'un, but I well remember from my vantage point in upper South elbowing my chum just as Griffiths struck it saying, "That's going in!"

My take is that the lino's view was compromised by the players rushing back.

Enough room for 2 balls and some. 🤣

Here it is:-

WeeToonJambo

Don't know what happened to my reply to above but I can confirm that the linesman made the decision.  The ref thought the ball had crossed the line but the linesman, who should have been in a better position, said  it hadn't.  It caused a big row in the changing room after the game between the ref (Euan Norris) and linesman.  My source is someone who was on the pitch at the time.

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, WeeToonJambo said:

Don't know what happened to my reply to above but I can confirm that the linesman made the decision.  The ref thought the ball had crossed the line but the linesman, who should have been in a better position, said  it hadn't.  It caused a big row in the changing room after the game between the ref (Euan Norris) and linesman.  My source is someone who was on the pitch at the time.

Euan Norris sort of disappeared after the 2012 semi final against Celtic. I wonder why?

John Findlay
9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Might as well add Dickinson onto the list.

That's a trip fullstop. Cynical? Yes.

Malicious, endangering an opponent, reckless and not in control? No.

Yellow at the most. Straight Red?

Never in a million years.

avhudtheteeshirt

I turned off my stream of the game in the first half after a lunge chest high on our player in middle of the park.

Ref seen it and was running to the incident going for his top pocket, a St Mirren player got between him and the incident and stopped him.

After treatment to the players he inexplicably went to his shorts pocket and produced a yellow?

Even the St Mirren commentators said it was a red, and we got away with one there!

At that point I knew we were going to suffer at the refs hands, and switched off!!!

On 10/05/2023 at 21:49, nobodymove said:

Fysass Vs Celtic when we were 2-0 up iirc

Sure it got rescinded? 

It did. Once the damage was thoroughly done.

That wasn’t even the worst decision in that game though. That was when McManus equalised for Celtic and half a dozen of their team left the field of play. The ref carefully booked the only one of the group not already on a booking, and who he wouldn’t therefore have to send off. So McManus stayed on to score their winner.

My all-time worst ref decision though has to be giving Kenny Miller a yellow card for possibly the worst ‘tackle’ I’ve ever seen on Kevin McHattie. It was 100% intended to cause serious injury, and did.

The Haring red was incredible.  But did anyone else think the St Mirren free kick, leading to their 2nd, was weird?  It looked to me like Hill won the header cleanly.

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

It did. Once the damage was thoroughly done.

That wasn’t even the worst decision in that game though. That was when McManus equalised for Celtic and half a dozen of their team left the field of play. The ref carefully booked the only one of the group not already on a booking, and who he wouldn’t therefore have to send off. So McManus stayed on to score their winner.

My all-time worst ref decision though has to be giving Kenny Miller a yellow card for possibly the worst ‘tackle’ I’ve ever seen on Kevin McHattie. It was 100% intended to cause serious injury, and did.

And, effectively ended his chance of a senior career. As a result now playing lower league. A criminal assault that went unpunished. Fat baldy Blue nose  Caravan Utilising Noncey Tit.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

The Haring red was incredible.  But did anyone else think the St Mirren free kick, leading to their 2nd, was weird?  It looked to me like Hill won the header cleanly.

All the midden fans on p & b admitted no foul

3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

All the midden fans on p & b admitted no foul

Thanks.  It was strange at the time as I couldn't understand what kind of foul the ref thought he'd seen.  Hill wins a clean header.  Seemed as straightforward a decision as you could get.