**** Heart Of Midlothian V Celtic **** Official Match Thread

Masonic

13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Shame, it needs called out. 

The man should be nowhere near a football pitch again after that. Shocking piece of unnecessary intervention. 

You are correct. Unfortunately Scottish football is corrupt to the core, Willie Collum is part of the problem.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Marvin

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Probably, but the red card done us today. 

Yes, but… we competed today before that. We dominated territory.

But I wouldn’t rate it anywhere close to the games against Celtic in the past where we were rightfully properly proud of the team and its efforts.

As I see it, we did the absolute minimum we should do against Celtic at home. And let’s be honest, there are many teams in the SPL that competed as well if not better than us for that first half against Celtic this season.

If that is the measure of Naismith being the man for the job - something that at least 4 or 5 other managers in the SPL (for much smaller teams) have managed this season against them for a bit of the game then god help us.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

And were meek as lambs in the majority of others.

Your point?

Unsure what you meant by many, many moons ago when we played well in the last home league v them.

That was my point.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agree to an extent and the acid test will be St Mirren away.

You won't control an entire game v the OF, imo that's a bit unrealistic. 

Our home form has generally been good over the last 2 seasons and the issue, particularly this season is our away form.

Can we play like we did for parts today and v Ross county away from home?

If so, then Naismith would put himself in a great position

If we play like we did v hibs then nothing has really changed. 

And yet when Robbie actually was in charge you refused to criticise the away form.

32 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You're the one spouting lies over the internet. 

Show me someone saying they want hibs to win trophies or wrap it.

:rofl:

south morocco
16 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Well, statistically, most games are incomparable. 

That’s not really a point.

You compared the 4-3 game to today 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ex member of the SaS

Well played but did anyone seriously think we would be allowed to win? It was clear that Celtic HAD to win the league today, as winning it at Ibrokes with no Celtic fans there would be unthinkable.

Add to the mix a St Mirren supporter ( yea right ) in charge of VAR and it was clear they would get all the help they needed, especially after them moaning about not getting anything from VAR. Just surprised they didn't get a penalty when they were struggling.

south morocco
15 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

True! He should think before he posts. 😂

Eh

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And yet when Robbie actually was in charge you refused to criticise the away form.

It's ok he has been trying to change history ever since it was clear the majority wanted Robbie away and when it became clear it was the only option.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yes, but… we competed today before that. We dominated territory.

But I wouldn’t rate it anywhere close to the games against Celtic in the past where we were rightfully properly proud of the team and its efforts.

As I see it, we did the absolute minimum we should do against Celtic at home. And let’s be honest, there are many teams in the SPL that competed as well if not better than us for that first half against Celtic this season.

If that is the measure of Naismith being the man for the job - something that at least 4 or 5 other managers in the SPL (for much smaller teams) have managed this season against them for a bit of the game then god help us.

I felt we done more than the minimum tbh, we were the better team in the first half, I've not seen celtic that rattled too much this season tbh. 

Shame the red card changed it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Admit it,you've revelled in the wind up today. I'm too angry for an argument so leave it.

I don’t revel in any loss. We did the minimum so would expect against any team, when at home, today.

But it isn’t grounds for, let’s say, a coronation.

59 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Not sure why you cant say that Naismith has had a positive impact as an interim manager and still want a more experienced permanent manager.

Two things are not mutually exclusive.

Agreed. And I have said that elsewhere 👍

J.T.F.Robertson
21 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Eh

You'll get it if you check the posts further up between TH'sdug and me. Was being a bit facetious.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

I bet your fun a parties 

I’m not mate. I’m quite down about things at the moment.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I felt we done more than the minimum tbh, we were the better team in the first half, I've not seen celtic that rattled too much this season tbh. 

Shame the red card changed it.

Celtic have been way more rattled than that. We didn’t even force a shot on goal.

You read any match thread about us against Celtic in the last 10 years and you will see that what we did for 25 mins today was the bare minimum that our fans expect. 

25 mins of “getting at” Celtic is literally the bare minimum expected. 

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

FWIW, that first half is THE most positive display against that lot I've seen from us for many many moons.

It was almost as if we weren't scared shitless of them.

Like the 3-4 game against them earlier this season?

JimmyCant

I thought we were pretty poor after the red card. All the intensity went from us and we looked like we were trying for a 0-0

Okay 10 vs 11 is never ideal, especially against Celtic but we did absolutely nothing second half. No response to their goal at all.

Having said that we were really at it for the first half hour and without causing them any real bother we were the better team

We’ll need a set of results going our way for the remaining games now, starting with a win at Paisley and a draw or Hibs win at Pittodrie. That puts the ball right back in our court.

SectionDJambo
35 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Well played but did anyone seriously think we would be allowed to win? It was clear that Celtic HAD to win the league today, as winning it at Ibrokes with no Celtic fans there would be unthinkable.

Add to the mix a St Mirren supporter ( yea right ) in charge of VAR and it was clear they would get all the help they needed, especially after them moaning about not getting anything from VAR. Just surprised they didn't get a penalty when they were struggling.

The red card was the first time that the officials got a chance to tilt the game in Celtic’s favour. They took it with both hands and had not a care in the world for any repercussions.

That incident at the other end of the pitch is a foul and maybe a yellow card. That is why fans get so angry. We know it’s corrupt. It’s been going on for years.

I was telling my son about a Hearts game, at Tynecastle, against Celtic, when Celtic needed a point to win the league. Hearts were playing well against all the odds. A Hearts player and a Celtic players went nose to nose in a “discussion”. Not much in it, but the Hearts player gets sent off. No action against the Celtic player. Then Celtic get a hand ball penalty when the Hearts player was standing outside the box. 
The year was 1970. Jim Townsend the player sent off. Jim Cruickshank famously saved the Gemmell penalty. Hearts held on for a memorable draw. Celtic won their 6 in a row. Just one example of many occasions that I, and others, have witnessed first hand how bent Scottish football is.

The corruption of Scottish referees has been going on for years and will go on for many more years.

Ex member of the SaS

Don't know if it has been mentioned but why did the ref stop play when Kyogo sat down? Not a head injury and no reason to stop play. Just another made up rule to help the uglies.

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I thought we were pretty poor after the red card. All the intensity went from us and we looked like we were trying for a 0-0

Okay 10 vs 11 is never ideal, especially against Celtic but we did absolutely nothing second half. No response to their goal at all.

Having said that we were really at it for the first half hour and without causing them any real bother we were the better team

We’ll need a set of results going our way for the remaining games now, starting with a win at Paisley and a draw or Hibs win at Pittodrie. That puts the ball right back in our court.

Having to take Oda off, to get Kingsley on, prevented us from pressing Celtic as we had done really well before the red card. Celtic have the quality players, costing millions, who can take advantage of that. I can’t blame the Hearts players for that. They gave everything but were kicked in the balls by Collum and Walsh. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Celtic have been way more rattled than that. We didn’t even force a shot on goal.

You read any match thread about us against Celtic in the last 10 years and you will see that what we did for 25 mins today was the bare minimum that our fans expect. 

25 mins of “getting at” Celtic is literally the bare minimum expected. 

Maybe, but tbh I thought we played well and controlled large parts of the game and kept them away from our goal.

The red card Donald ducked it.

We were playing really well first half. Good tempo, aggressive, looking to get forward at every opportunity. Wasn’t sure about Hill being selected (was Atkinson injured?) but I actually thought he played very well. Shankland hitting the bar very early… fans loud… exciting flashes of football. 

The sending off was a disgraceful decision that meant it was curtains for us. There is no way on earth that decision would’ve been taken against either Celtic or Rangers. None. 
Refereeing display generally was very poor and inconsistent - persistent fouling by Celtic second half with no yellow cards, holding the game up to let Celtic players lie on the ground (then spring up spectacularly) or to tie their laces! Essentially letting them run the show as is the norm. 
Positives to be taken - if we play consistently like we did first half v other teams in the league, I think we’ll be winning and winning well most weeks. 
onto next week and I’d absolutely love us to scud, thrash, and humiliate those paisley cheats. 
👊❤️

tiger Rudi

Wtf was Devlin doing prior to their goal. Who was he actually trying to find with that pass? MOM?? Having a laugh surely. His distribution was shocking throughout the game today. I love his attitude and energy but he needs to do far better in possession. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, FJT said:

We were playing really well first half. Good tempo, aggressive, looking to get forward at every opportunity. Wasn’t sure about Hill being selected (was Atkinson injured?) but I actually thought he played very well. Shankland hitting the bar very early… fans loud… exciting flashes of football. 

The sending off was a disgraceful decision that meant it was curtains for us. There is no way on earth that decision would’ve been taken against either Celtic or Rangers. None. 
Refereeing display generally was very poor and inconsistent - persistent fouling by Celtic second half with no yellow cards, holding the game up to let Celtic players lie on the ground (then spring up spectacularly) or to tie their laces! Essentially letting them run the show as is the norm. 
Positives to be taken - if we play consistently like we did first half v other teams in the league, I think we’ll be winning and winning well most weeks. 
onto next week and I’d absolutely love us to scud, thrash, and humiliate those paisley cheats. 
👊❤️

Yes.  We had stopped playing well before the red card though.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Wtf was Devlin doing prior to their goal. Who was he actually trying to find with that pass? MOM?? Having a laugh surely. His distribution was shocking throughout the game today. I love his attitude and energy but he needs to do far better in possession. 

He was great last week though.

Just now, tiger Rudi said:

Tried his guts out as usual but gifted the ball away as he’s prone to do sometimes. Problem is, doing that against this Celtic team is likely to get punished. Couple of others did the same second half, but obviously a player down and under much more pressure by that time. I’d still start him though as he has attributes that usually help the team significantly. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think that’s a bit harsh from my perspective. Hard to keep the foot to the floor for every second against good sides. 

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe, but tbh I thought we played well and controlled large parts of the game and kept them away from our goal.

The red card Donald ducked it.

👍 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, FJT said:

I think that’s a bit harsh from my perspective. Hard to keep the foot to the floor for every second against good sides. 

I’d want at least a half though ffs. All they do is based on fitness. If they can’t press for 45 mins what is the point?

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d want at least a half though ffs. All they do is based on fitness. If they can’t press for 45 mins what is the point?

Whether we like it or(obviously) not, Celtic can afford players that are extremely capable. I don’t think it’s realistic to expect us to dominate every second of every game. Try to, yes. ✌️ 

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Just watched the highlights…. Expect the club to appeal the Red card.

I would be amazed if an appeal was accepted, I would imagine the SFA panel just say it was checked by VAR who gave the red card (it should be over turned, just dont believe it will.)

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Just watched the highlights…. Expect the club to appeal the Red card.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would be amazed if an appeal was accepted, I would imagine the SFA panel just say it was checked by VAR who gave the red card (it should be over turned, just dont believe it will.)

Hearts would have to show a good reason for the appeal,

As I understand it there are two test. Was it a clear goalscoring opportunity? well it was an opportunity , but not as good as the tv panel thought.

Was it a clear a mistake by the ref? The original decision was a reasonable one in my opinion. There was still a lot to do for Celtic to score and there were two covering defenders, so it was a reasonable decision.

Pete Elliott
21 minutes ago, FJT said:

Tried his guts out as usual but gifted the ball away as he’s prone to do sometimes. Problem is, doing that against this Celtic team is likely to get punished. Couple of others did the same second half, but obviously a player down and under much more pressure by that time. I’d still start him though as he has attributes that usually help the team significantly. 

Love him to bits but his passing is L2 standard.

south morocco
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

As I understand it there are two test. Was it a clear goalscoring opportunity? well it was an opportunity , but not as good as the tv panel thought.

Was it a clear a mistake by the ref? The original decision was a reasonable one in my opinion. There was still a lot to do for Celtic to score and there were two covering defenders, so it was a reasonable decision.

The answer to both your questions are no. Where does that lead us to?

No Idle Talk

Our performance in the first half was excellent. We played with a good tempo and closed them down all over the park. The only criticism would be that the final ball wasn't good enough. 

But that is precisely the sort of performance I want to see from us when either half of the Old Firm come to Tynecastle. 

The energy level and commitment on display was light years from what we were seeing in Robbie Neilson's last few games in charge. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I think in normal circumstances I would agree, but I just cant trust the SFA.

Gorgierools
55 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned but why did the ref stop play when Kyogo sat down? Not a head injury and no reason to stop play. Just another made up rule to help the uglies.

Happened twice. Surely player needing to tie his boots should so of the pitch

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Lol.  What a load of utter drivel.  We could very well have a very good manager on our hands. 

We were excellent today, until the sending off the champions were very much second best. 

That's the facts. 

Very much this …..     . Wake up THD, what the f were you watching ?

Jingle Bells

Shankland got barged in the back every time the ball was played up to him. 

Linos & Ref did F/All about it too

Cruickie's Moustache
10 minutes ago, MrBones said:

It's not a clear goal scoring opportunity if the player at no time touched the ball 

Exactly. When contact was made the ball is 10ft in the air. Far too many variables to say it was a clear goal scoring opportunity.

No doubt there will be a similar incident along shortly that will be called differently. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I like most of our defenders but we are soft as shit. 

Neither Celtic goal was anything special and both were defendable IMO - down to 10 men or not.

I don’t know what the answer is re a Rowles and Sibbick as they are both good in their own right but as a defensive unit it doesn’t work.

It’s a shame Sibbick has decided he wants to be a defender. His next choice would be right back and next defensive midfield.

I do think he’d be ideal for midfield but if he doesn’t want to play there maybe we need to make some coin from him this summer?

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, jonesy said:

:rofl:

VAR check (Potential Rustled Jimmies

…VAR check complete: Jimmies Rustled. 

I'm gonna appeal the decision. 

Don't know if it's been mentioned but if we had beat that mob today they would have to go to Ibrox on Saturday without any of these scummy fans. Now way were the GFA gonna let that happen

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/celtic-rangers-clashes-no-away-26497411.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiqqduVr-T-AhUUOcAKHalYC28QFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw02q-DiuSX3Kahgn8G5CRwD

JimmyCant
12 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We were never going to keep that pace up anyway. We had stopped popping it about and we took a breather from the high press. I wouldn’t say we had stopped playing though because we still had control and we were still matching them up to the red card. 

Second half we just looked so dispirited, like we didn’t believe we could win with ten men. Hoping for a 0-0 that we were never going to get. I think we should have made 3 subs at half time and got as many fresh legs on as we could to keep going at them. A positive gamble rather than the gamble we took simply stepping off and trying to hang on to 0-0

13 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He was great last week though.

No we did not . I do not know why you are so desperate to push this false narrative so hard , it is simply not true 

JimmyCant
8 hours ago, Ross-l said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but if we had beat that mob today they would have to go to Ibrox on Saturday without any of these scummy fans. Now way were the GFA gonna let that happen

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/celtic-rangers-clashes-no-away-26497411.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiqqduVr-T-AhUUOcAKHalYC28QFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw02q-DiuSX3Kahgn8G5CRwD

What utter pish. If the GFA wanted maximum Celtic fans to see their team winning the league all they had to do was give them 2 home games first instead of two away.

Everyone agrees the red card was wrong. A piece of utter incompetence and unfairness by a couple of shite officials, but let’s not do a Celtic and moan about conspiracy. It was blatant misuse of VAR and a senior referee, well known for wrong red cards, has persuaded a pliable weak referee  he made a clear and obvious error, which he clearly didn’t 

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

What utter pish. If the GFA wanted maximum Celtic fans to see their team winning the league all they had to do was give them 2 home games first instead of two away.

Everyone agrees the red card was wrong. A piece of utter incompetence and unfairness by a couple of shite officials, but let’s not do a Celtic and moan about conspiracy. It was blatant misuse of VAR and a senior referee has persuaded a pliable weak referee  he made a clear and obvious error, which he clearly didn’t 

In the same post you talk about not believing conspiracy theories , then go on to mention that the VAR ref over turned a correct decision to get a Hearts player sent off 

12 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Happened twice. Surely player needing to tie his boots should so of the pitch

Frankly the game should go on around him. Nowt in rules to say any stoppage or anything at all about shoelaces! Christ it does my tits in at my fat lads 7s on a Monday night when we stop for some erse to tie his laces!

Hart should have been booked 2nd half for timewasting when the derender was tying his laces. End of.

Gino was booked (then got red!) for wasting i think it was 9 seconds at a throw in earlier in season. Compare and contrast.

What was funny for me was at 1-0 i was perfectly happy for Celtic to waste time. Our best chance was to make it to 85+ mins still 1 down and get a break, set piece or something to sneak one. If they wanted to help us get to that stage, i was quite happy. Still merits bookings though.