We're a big scalp for Hibs....

Section Q

Randy Marsh
4 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Thats as good as it gets for them in derbies, its very rare they convincingly beat us. 

They’ve only scored 3 against us once since the Graeme Weir 4-4 game 20 years ago.

😳 That is awful.  I mean we have done that twice this season.😂

3 hours ago, Papa John said:

I regard this defeat at Easter Road as our Darvel moment. We'll that's what I told my Hibs loving neighbour (who never goes to a game!!).

Nice one!

Shows how big a scalp for them we are as they included their much-celebrated Boyle tap in equaliser against us at the start of the season in their season ticket promotional video that they played at half time. Celebrated a 1-1 draw with us back then like they had won the league so not surprising they are loving beating us at the weekend. Let them have their moment, it doesn’t happen often. To be fair to them all I really don’t know how they go through that depression of not winning a derby normally 4 times a year cause that is hard going 😂 once was enough for me on Saturday! Would say roll on the next one but they’ll end up bottom 6 so I fear we won’t see them again until next season.  

27 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

😳 That is awful.  I mean we have done that twice this season.😂

I dunno about you, but I'd be perfectly happy should H1b5 end up bottom 6.

However ... a post-split home derby?

Bring it OAN!!!

In my dreams, it ends up an 8-0 thrashing to put to bed once and for all their one and only decades old comfort blanket with a Naismith & Wee Lee post-match photo to die for.

You may say, "I'm a dreamer" ... but  I'm not the only one ... 😎

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

I dunno about you, but I'd be perfectly happy should H1b5 end up bottom 6.

However ... a post-split home derby?

Bring it OAN!!!

In my dreams, it ends up an 8-0 thrashing to put to bed once and for all their one and only decades old comfort blanket with a Naismith & Wee Lee post-match photo to die for.

You may say, "I'm a dreamer" ... but  I'm not the only one ... 😎

We all share that dream, Mikey!!

11 hours ago, martoon said:

I knew it would take days for Hibernian's 1-0 thrashing of Hearts to attain legendary status. Their narrow, occasional wins always do. There's bound to be framed photo's of the historic occasion on sale already.

40 years, 159 derbies, 31 wins...it must be feckin magic being a Hibby.

This stat is just….🇱🇻❤️🤘🏻

Malinga the Swinga
19 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Their owner just passed recently and it was mentioned he never got to see that sang.

The owner that voted to expel us from top league. That ***** of a man. Forgive me if I don't shed a tear.

20 hours ago, Section Q said:

Social media's been full of the tramps singing their wee anthem and their manager close to bubbling at his post match interview.

Putting it into perspective, they beat us by a solitary goal in a scrappy game, at home.

That's what I was looking for from the Hearts players on Saturday, unfortunately Hibs wanted it more and got their rare victory against us. 

Take it on the chin, let them have their glory, look forward to Ross County on Saturday. 

Ricardo Quaresma

We're a big scalp for any team in the country; some players don't know that or can't accept it

We are defo the bigger more successful club over the history of this fixture which recent dominance at Hampden has reiterated.  I get why they were beside themselves with that win.  TBH they are the team we most want to beat.  Long live the Edinburgh Derby!!

Percival King
3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

We are defo the bigger more successful club over the history of this fixture which recent dominance at Hampden has reiterated.  I get why they were beside themselves with that win.  TBH they are the team we most want to beat.  Long live the Edinburgh Derby!!

No person, faced with the facts, could possibly argue Hibs are the bigger, more successful club...  and they know that. We argue that things like our head to head record and trophies won make us bigger, they argue that things like a bigger stadium and pitch make them bigger. Queens Park had a bigger stadium than the original Rangers for a lot of years but I don't think anyone would argue they were bigger. Easy to see why some of them wanted us dead, to release them from their eternal derby nightmare (apart from the occasional famous single goal victory over us).

20 hours ago, sadj said:

This stat is just….🇱🇻❤️🤘🏻

Aye. They've won just 19.5% of derbies since 1983.

Too feckin many, imo. 😊

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Too feckin many, imo. 😊

19.52012 to be precise. 😉

Samuel Camazzola

Sportsound had a couple of supporters/vloggers/bloggers on after the game. The admission from them was they didn't care where they finished in the league, as long as it was above us. That's the tinpot mentality a majority of their support carry. 

On 17/04/2023 at 23:46, Shooter McGavin said:

Doesn’t matter how you win, or by what margin, if you win the derby you’re going to milk it for all it’s worth, and rightly so.

Absolutely nothing wrong with how they reacted, we’d do the exact same.

We need to take it straight on the chin and start f****** improving asap.

But we don’t do the same🤣

Shooter McGavin
28 minutes ago, Vin1874 said:

But we don’t do the same🤣

Aye you’re right, we don’t celebrate derby victories much. 

They’re usually a quiet affair, a few respectable claps and we all just head home for an early night.

Going radge after a derby win is beneath us right enough…

34 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Aye you’re right, we don’t celebrate derby victories much. 

They’re usually a quiet affair, a few respectable claps and we all just head home for an early night.

Going radge after a derby win is beneath us right enough…

Not the point really.  Us fans go mental as we should. But the media and  club don't.  Some of the news coverage this week would suggest it was a division 2 team taking a scalp. Lee johnson had a tear in his eye, Nisbet is the complete striker etc etc.... Just how it should and always will be because we generally pump them 😀

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, db211833 said:

Not the point really.  Us fans go mental as we should. But the media and  club don't.  Some of the news coverage this week would suggest it was a division 2 team taking a scalp. Lee johnson had a tear in his eye, Nisbet is the complete striker etc etc.... Just how it should and always will be because we generally pump them 😀

It is the point. This whole “look at them, celebrating like they’ve won the league!” attitude is a lot of nonsense.

We go apes*** when we beat them, they go ape**** when they beat us. That’s how it works, and that’s how it should be.

Some on here just need to suck it up and stop being so insecure.

They rarely draw with us , never mind beat us so it’s their rare moment in the sun. 
They celebrate drawing with us, it’s just who they are.

They’ll be bottom 6 this weekend as it is the hibs way - get carried away then a boot in the baws back down to earth.

23 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It is the point. This whole “look at them, celebrating like they’ve won the league!” attitude is a lot of nonsense.

We go apes*** when we beat them, they go ape**** when they beat us. That’s how it works, and that’s how it should be.

Some on here just need to suck it up and stop being so insecure.

You didn't bother reading my post. Fans vs media 

Shooter McGavin
13 minutes ago, db211833 said:

You didn't bother reading my post. Fans vs media 

If there’s any particular articles that you’ve read that, in your opinion, has went way over the top, then feel free to send it my way 👍🏻

Can’t say I’ve come across any.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

On 18/04/2023 at 21:28, Clivehunter81 said:

Hibs will be beaten at Tyne after the split 

If Livi beat D/Utd hibs must win in Perth to even be in the top 6….

they won’t win on Perth so really if Livi can get 3 points at Tannadice it’s bottom 6 for them. 

very possible 

15 hours ago, martoon said:

Too feckin many, imo. 😊

😆

15 hours ago, Morgan said:

The biggest scalp Hibs have had for years belonged to a certain Anthony Stokes.

The stories go that it scuttled its way into the Fester Rd pie shop, and has been shitting on the pies.😯

Clivehunter81
5 hours ago, red said:

If Livi beat D/Utd hibs must win in Perth to even be in the top 6….

they won’t win on Perth so really if Livi can get 3 points at Tannadice it’s bottom 6 for them. 

very possible 

Really want them in top 6