We're a big scalp for Hibs....

Section Q

Social media's been full of the tramps singing their wee anthem and their manager close to bubbling at his post match interview.

Putting it into perspective, they beat us by a solitary goal in a scrappy game, at home.

Naisys Tackle

The dominated us and the Sunshine on Leith I'm not going to slag them over.  Their owner just passed recently and it was mentioned he never got to see that sang.

A lot more things to worry about than they small thinking twats. 

Hectormasson
14 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

The dominated us and the Sunshine on Leith I'm not going to slag them over.  Their owner just passed recently and it was mentioned he never got to see that sang.

exactly they aint worth the bother....

FTH.....

Pasquale for King

Its been 5 years since they beat us down there, Berra withe two OGs is their top goalscorer there in that period 😆

12 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Trapped in the stairwell whilst exiting from Upper South, we had to endure several Proclaimers songs.

Mental torture?

Ach, what the heck!

But ... I'm a bit miffed that we blew getting into double figures as regards our unbeaten run v them.

It was one of Robbie's redeeming points.

No disrespect to Naismith, but a loss there of all places is something that pisses me off.

Our players (or at least some of them) should hang their heads in shame.

Ach weel ... just have to start again with a win post-split.

Keep the faith.

❤️❤️G❤️

Shooter McGavin

Doesn’t matter how you win, or by what margin, if you win the derby you’re going to milk it for all it’s worth, and rightly so.

Absolutely nothing wrong with how they reacted, we’d do the exact same.

We need to take it straight on the chin and start f****** improving asap.

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Doesn’t matter how you win, or by what margin, if you win the derby you’re going to milk it for all it’s worth, and rightly so.

Oh, yes ... the need to improve, forthwith, is in no question.

The next derby is going to be explosive.

If we fail to 'turn up', then I might very well self-combust!!!

The supporters will be there, in good voice, and expecting (not in an 'entitled' way) a full-on performance, and a win.

Our players really do have talent, and they should be in no doubt that anything other than a (all be it likely hard-fought) win will result in Mega-Boos ...

See next Sat v Ross Co?

Same goes.

I'm losing patience, and that's saying something.

Way too many matches where we've shown brilliance for 5 or 10 mins but failed miserably.

Let's hope that they turn up in 'party mode', and get sent packing.

Grrrr!!!! 😁

4 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Great posting Mikey :) 

FTH. 

Having not witnessed a defeat there since 9th of March 2018(?), I'm well scunnered.

My Hibby gal messaged me saying, "Was it a good Goal?"

🤣🤣🤣

Cheeky wee Hibby ...

But, seriously, I've only watched the highlights once, and we must've had 10 players in the box at that corner.

How on effin' EARTH was there nobody standing on the toes of Nisbet? Their major goal threat!!!

Too late now, but we really do always find a way to gift opponents goals.

Goals scored from corners are rare.

Trust us, eh?

Plenty of time thereafter to make amends, but we failed to put any pressure on a 'keeper who has a history of mistakes.

Double Grrrr .....

17 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Oh, yes ... the need to improve, forthwith, is in no question.

The next derby is going to be explosive.

If we fail to 'turn up', then I might very well self-combust!!!

The supporters will be there, in good voice, and expecting (not in an 'entitled' way) a full-on performance, and a win.

Our players really do have talent, and they should be in no doubt that anything other than a (all be it likely hard-fought) win will result in Mega-Boos ...

See next Sat v Ross Co?

Same goes.

I'm losing patience, and that's saying something.

Way too many matches where we've shown brilliance for 5 or 10 mins but failed miserably.

Let's hope that they turn up in 'party mode', and get sent packing.

Grrrr!!!! 😁

Would like to see a couple of youngters in the squad for this one.

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Would like to see a couple of youngters in the squad for this one.

It has happened before. At least the young 'uns have no fear and get stuck in.

Aye, one or two youngsters with energy and something to prove might very well be just the very dab.

Prior to Saturday the least common outcome in a Hibs v Hearts match at Easter Road is a Hibs victory. After Saturday a Hibs win is now as common an outcome as a draw. But not as common as a Hearts win.

:verysmug:

FTH

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Social media's been full of the tramps singing their wee anthem and their manager close to bubbling at his post match interview.

Putting it into perspective, they beat us by a solitary goal in a scrappy game, at home.

Indeed, but beat us they did, and that gives them bragging rights.  Let's hope we can put things right in a couple of weeks.

Ronald Villiers

I was pissed off that we got beat down there as we never laid a glove on them and they were there for the taking.  I'd forgotten how it feels to lose to these muppets and I've certainly felt a lot worse.  The derby means so much to them than it does to us.  In international terms it's like Scotland v England, with us being England.  That's why the H1b5 fans celebrate a win so much.  They know wins against us are like hens teeth.  I'm not convinced we'll get the chance to put things right after the split because they'll likely hibs it against St Johnstone.

I knew it would take days for Hibernian's 1-0 thrashing of Hearts to attain legendary status. Their narrow, occasional wins always do. There's bound to be framed photo's of the historic occasion on sale already.

40 years, 159 derbies, 31 wins...it must be feckin magic being a Hibby.

fabienleclerq
6 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Dominated??

In what way did they dominate? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Trapped in the stairwell whilst exiting from Upper South, we had to endure several Proclaimers songs.

Mental torture?

Ach, what the heck!

But ... I'm a bit miffed that we blew getting into double figures as regards our unbeaten run v them.

It was one of Robbie's redeeming points.

No disrespect to Naismith, but a loss there of all places is something that pisses me off.

Our players (or at least some of them) should hang their heads in shame.

Ach weel ... just have to start again with a win post-split.

Keep the faith.

❤️❤️G❤️

Feel your pain because took ages to get out the top tier after the game 

Naisys Tackle
29 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Dominated??

You never watched the game then no?  

Did laugh at midget lee talk about hibs not getting the recognition they deserve. They have - they’re completely shite. They beat us on sat through our own doing not cos they are world beaters. Saturday will be a close call re whether they remain in top 6 

Clerry Jambo
7 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Spot on shooter

4 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

We had 60+% possession, more corners,  more shots on, etc. but no hint of scoring. Hibs certainly didn’t dominate - we were both shite. Was only ever going to be a 1 goal game and they got it 

52 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Dominated??

Pointless debating with this clown. It’s what he does. Bigs up Hibs at any given opportunity.

He’ll have been sat in the house watching a dodgy stream whilst some of us made the effort to attend the game. Of that you can be certain 😉

18 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

We had 60+% possession, more corners,  more shots on, etc. but no hint of scoring. Hibs certainly didn’t dominate - we were both shite. Was only ever going to be a 1 goal game and they got it 

Correct. I’d go further and say Hearts deserved absolutely nothing from the game.

Suggesting Hibs dominated though? :lolpoint:

Quite rightly, they are a big scalp for us, the biggest infact. It's the reason over the years we beat them more often than not, the players have it drummed into them. I'd go as far as saying we see winning the derby more importantly than they do. There's also the fact its been over 3 years since they beat us.

A scrappy win over a seriously off form Hearts side and they are doing cartwheels. Days so much about them.  Serious revenge is needed in our next game against them.

Edited by Deevers

A rare win, but they thoroughly deserved it on Saturday and that's what matters at the end of the day. Let them have their 5 minutes of fun, because come Saturday they could be consigned to a spot in the bottom 6.

Was a weird feeling walking away from Saturday's match. Only emotions I felt heading home were those of a pure self-loathing nature.

Percival King
8 hours ago, Section Q said:

It's up to them how big a deal a home league win over us is but it seemed more like the celebration for a cup tie win or a thumping victory, seemed a bit ott but hey ho, let them have their day.

9 hours ago, Section Q said:

I've been getting trolled by them trying to say how much I'm hurting.  :rofl:1 win in 10 and all of a sudden they're the Big Team. Feck off. Worse still, they're even worse than us. 

1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

i believe they are wanting a reception at the city chambers

And an open top bus through Edinburgh. 

Gorgie_Rules

Thats as good as it gets for them in derbies, its very rare they convincingly beat us. 

They’ve only scored 3 against us once since the Graeme Weir 4-4 game 20 years ago.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Of course we are and Hibs are a big scalp for us it's why we like the derbies.Wouldnt want it any other way say otherwise is devaluing the derby it's our biggest games.

One win in ten !! against a team that is miles off it. They were the better team on the day ( and they are no great shakes ) and deserved to win. Let them enjoy their brief victory because once we get oor shit together ( and we will) it will be back to normal service, HHGH !!

I regard this defeat at Easter Road as our Darvel moment. We'll that's what I told my Hibs loving neighbour (who never goes to a game!!).

No good winning most of the battles, if you only win a few of the wars.
We could finish the season looking up at them in the table and not down - what an absolutely damning indictment of the football club and those charged with running it on our behalf that would be. 

The Old Tolbooth

To be fair, they'd forgotten what it's like to win a derby match, we'd be the same if it was us, but it never is and normal service will be resumed if they stay in the top 6 ;) 

11 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Correct. They caught us at just the right time from their perspective because they’re not a particularly good side.

They’ll be understandably delighted to have reversed a run of poor results against Hearts. Why not?

The more sentient among the Hibs supporters won’t be fooled and will appreciate that, although short in confidence and leadership, this Hearts squad has more quality.

JudyJudyJudy

Tell me about it.  My Facebook was chockoblock with Hibs shite on Saturday and Sunday.  it really was pathetic. You would have thought they had won the league or Scottish cup. Its high praise for us really as it evidences how much they need a win against us. Please Hearts slaughter them the next time. That's all i ask. I often try to be sensitive to my Hobo Facebook friends and family but not posting much after Hearts derby win but if we do next time itll be well rubbed in. 

Ex member of the SaS

Posted in a thread after the game, this is a big thing for them but if we had won it was just another day at the office. I don't grudge them a wee sing song as it's a very rare event for them to win at home. Normality will be resumed soon I have no doubt. FTH.

They deserved it. 

Hibs are absolutely ****ing horseshit. They have been shite all season and were shite on Saturday. But they deserved to beat us. That’s how far we have fallen. 

Of course it's a big deal for them as it doesn't happen very often, and they're milking it for all it's worth just as we would do. It's quite impressive the whole stadium joining in as it only happens on special occasions so beating us for the first time in 10 games is very special indeed. In the post split game at Tynecastle they'll be singing 'One in a row' 

Game finished and I got with my life, no Hibs Shite on Pusbook and no Hibby aquaintances to attempt to take the piss. 

Hope they enjoyed themselves. One big happy family party no doubt.

13 minutes ago, DS98 said:

They deserved it. 

Hibs are absolutely ****ing horseshit. They have been shite all season and were shite on Saturday. But they deserved to beat us. That’s how far we have fallen. 

Especially when our squad/midfield is packed with mediocrity :

Snodgrass - A yard slow

Haliday - Journeyman squad player

Devlin - Needs very much focussed but can still develop into a talent

Kio - off the pace and runs about floundering

Grant - bottom 6 team class of player at best

Mackay and Forrest - As A. Ferguson said - these playing types you get one good game in four (recently that would have been a great return) 

Haring - Not even half the player he was (even before the injury) 

GMS - Never clicked since arriving (injured)

Benni - Quality but injured for ages (ill he come back as good as before ???)

NINE midfielders - How many would deserve having their names being automatic onto a team sheet of a good team ? 

Ross County game is make or break - simple as that !!

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ffs, beating Livingston is a big scalp for them.

Sadly, the same could be said about us at the moment.

I mean to say, our next match is v bottom of the table Ross Co; another one of these teams plucked from the land of the giants that we've been struggling against due to our inability to defend crosses into the box, not to mention getting 'bullied' rather than using our guile and skill to outplay such cloggers.

Hence, we're facing a genuine 'must win' fixture next Sat; a scenario that should absolutely never have come to pass.

But, as always, we'll be there in numbers and I, for one, am hanging onto the fact that if we (and there's some pressure on Naismith here) get our bleedin' act together then there's every possibility that the season could play out with a nail-biting post-split successful end to our campaign.

That relies on us doing something special given our most recent post-split debacle.

See this up-coming POTY event?

I've already described it as an 'end of term knees-up' and genuinely think that it sends the wrong psychological message to the squad. Poorly timed, methinks, seeing as there are 5 subsequent crucial matches that require total focus. Defo not the time for premature back-slapping!

If we lose on Sat, not out of the question, then there's more than likely going to be some very awkward moments at that event. I'd go as far as to say that should we win, the same goes regardless.

There are, ahem, 'one or two' players who should be ashamed to show their faces.

Getting the glad-rags on for a bit of well-deserved almost-end-of-season acclaim whilst sitting clear in 3rd is one thing. But, given the shit-show that we've suffered over the last 2 months, I'm not sure that the atmosphere is going to be 100% happy-clapper time.

I'm glad that I'm not the person tasked with writing Robbie's tribute. 😁

£120 ... presumably helping to subsidise freebies for the team and their WAGs might play on the minds of attendees. There are 3 of us going = £360. It'll still be a richt guid nicht oot, but possibly memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Ach, what the heck, but see if we're fiddling whilst Tynie burns?

❤️❤️G❤️

10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Game finished and I got with my life, no Hibs Shite on Pusbook and no Hibby aquaintances to attempt to take the piss. 

Hope they enjoyed themselves. One big happy family party no doubt.

I was over it by the time I got home.

Pissed-off, though.

Given that I've had numerous opportunities over the previous 3 years to message my Hibby pal post-derby with condolences, I'm going to have to 'break the silence' and offer him my heart-felt congratulations.

Curiously, I haven't heard from him yet so I better 'man-up'.

My Hibby gal messaged me post-match asking, "Was it a good goal?" Bless her cotton socks. She honestly wasn't at the wind-up! 😁

Next week, I have to face up to her Hibby papa. Cannae wait ... 🤣

fabienleclerq
5 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

I was there mate as I always am, take it you didn't watch it?

We had more possession, more shots etc so wondering what metric you are using?