Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Agentjambo

• ArcticJambo

• Brighton Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BRAVEHEART1874

Corners that actually get past the 1st man. Faster forward throw ins. Headers won but then that actually go to our own players. 3 things we have been poor at for ages and that didn't change last game :(

Free kicks,  a Kingsley special it's been a while. 

Edited by BRAVEHEART1874
spell

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

There was a passage of play on Saturday that summed our game up. And probably our season. 

We had a goal kick. 

Clark takes an age, then passes to Toby.

Toby (at walking pace) passes to Natty.

Natty take a poor touch and is closed down and tackled by Youhan in the right back area. We’re now hemmed in with a throw at the corner flag and Hibs have pressed up 30 yards. 

I rest my case.

The Mighty Thor
40 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Brighton are brilliant.

they absolutely rode Chelsea at the weekend. 

passing with a purpose not 62% possession across the back 4. 

Mind you they've got some absolute ballers in that team whereas we've got shite that couldn't get a start in league 1

hmfc_liam06
40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Alex Ferguson's Man Utd. 

Especially when they had the front 3 of Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. It was utterly devastating stuff at times.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Honestly I think we get far to caught up now on what football should be like.Personslly I quite like pummelling teams getting to the byline crossing in for headers , players banging them in from 20+ yards , players getting stuck in grafting for everything , being able to take corners effectively.Is it's pretty who cares as long as the ball ends in the net then that's pretty to me.

That's just some of the stuff that gets me excited 500 passes a game to get 3 or 4 half descents strikes not so much.

Big bad Hearts 

What's a cross? And what's a header..........I think I've seen a goal!

Tommy Brown
8 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Winning... That's all that matters to me

And when we are not winning?

You see how dreadful we have actually been throughout.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

I enjoy watching dynamic, aggressive, attacking football, forwards running the channels, midfielder's making runs into the box, full backs over lapping etc.

When was this exactly?

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

When was this exactly?

Best example I can think from a Hearts perspective was the 97/98 team. Adam running the channels, Cameron making runs and Naysmith over lapping.

If it Hearts I'm watching them it's all about winning. Couldn't give a shiny one about how we play or more importantly, how we're perceived to play.

Never watch any other Scottish football because the standard is garbage, it's error strewn and a very poor standard, be it live or on the box.

EPL Football is brilliant, especially live. I also enjoy the Champions League games.

I'd choose to watch Hearts every time over anything though. No matter the cost 😜

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

If it Hearts I'm watching them it's all about winning. Couldn't give a shiny one about how we play or more importantly, how we're perceived to play.

Never watch any other Scottish football because the standard is garbage, it's error strewn and a very poor standard, be it live or on the box.

EPL Football is brilliant, especially live. I also enjoy the Champions League games.

I'd choose to watch Hearts every time over anything though. No matter the cost 😜

IMO winning teams tend to play good football whereas teams that don’t tend to loose more.

Teams with good movement off the ball, and simple neat triangles, clear progression up the pitch with the ball.

The Hearts team we are watching now can’t even be arsed making runs anymore. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How we played in 2005/6. But you need the players. 

Quick passing, dont get knocked off the ball, getting shots off early. Men running from midfield, partnerships forming on wings. 

The modern method which we have attempted this season of walking the ball into the net is horrific when not going well nor having personnel to execute.

I'll tell you what it's not...

Taking 30 seconds to take the world's slowest, shitest throw in that doesn't even go to the right player, without anyone making themselves available or trying to create space.

Constantly passing the ball sideways and doing absolutely ****ing nothing with it.

Breaking forward, getting near the opponents box, and then turning around and 3 passes later having it back with the goalkeeper. 

Doing everything with absolutely no urgency or pace, allowing the opponents to simply dander back into position and deal with anything without having to even try.

Not supporting attacking runs or bursting your arse getting into the box when someone breaks away.

Basically, everything Hearts have been doing for the past few years!   That last one, genuine question: When was the last time you seen a Hearts player look absolutely knackered, or even really break a sweat?  (Nade in Zagreb not permitted as an answer)

The days when you went and we got the ball to Prentice, JC, Rudi or Hartley, they got you on your feet as they made something happen.

As fans you want to be entertained, now just bored watching the ball being recycled over and over going nowhere.

21 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

IMO winning teams tend to play good football whereas teams that don’t tend to loose more.

Football is all about putting the ball in the net. The team that does it more is playing better football.

That's the whole point of the game, always had been, always will be, all these media pundits and alleged experts have befuddled peoples minds.

Brighton Jambo
46 minutes ago, damo said:

Shows you how finance dictates football. We are aiming to be a poor mans Brighton & Hove Albion.....Championship runners up and FA cup runners up their claim to fame.

😞

Most of the things that have made Brighton what they are today have been slaughtered on JKB as a waste of time, effort and money.  Two clubs run in almost completely contrasting ways, one widely recognised as one of the best run in Europe and then us.

Also if RDZ played his style at Hearts the fans would have an aneurism.  He literally encourages the centre halves to stand with their foot on the ball drawing the opposition towards them before playing out the press, including in their own penalty area.  Some on here would be apoplectic if we played that way.  

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Most of the things that have made Brighton what they are today have been slaughtered on JKB as a waste of time, effort and money.  Two clubs run in almost completely contrasting ways, one widely recognised as one of the best run in Europe and then us.

Also if RDZ played his style at Hearts the fans would have an aneurism.  He literally encourages the centre halves to stand with their foot on the ball drawing the opposition towards them before playing out the press, including in their own penalty area.  Some on here would be apoplectic if we played that way.  

Is the North Stand Chat forum as ridiculous as this place.

Used to read it a while back when you where at the Withdean and it wasn't as bad as this nuthouse back then when you where utter pap.

Was in the Sun Harvest Lounge earlier in the season for the Newcastle game, very very enjoyable experience 👍

Edited by Bull's-eye

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Dynamic,attractive football is great but has to be effective at the same time.Generally good football equals good results.

Brighton have been excellent. Their recruitment has been absolutely fantastic and they've really thought outside the box and have brought players in from all over - and will make very good money from some of them. Alexis Mac Allister and Moises Caicedo will both go for big, big money. Evan Ferguson looks like he's going to be some player as well. Aware they're supposed to have some sort of relationship with Hibs but its a club we should be keeping close to after buying Cochrane off them and since they're only going to get bigger and bigger as they sell players like those above, who knows who they might be able to lend us in the future. 

LochcarronJambo

The way we played for those few games Burley was in charge, never gave the opposition a moments peace & played some lovely stuff

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Is the North Stand Chat forum as ridiculous as this place.

Used to read it a while back when you where at the Withdrawn and it wasn't as bad as this nuthouse back then when you where utter pap.

Was in the Sun Harvest Lounge earlier in the season for the Newcastle game, very very enjoyable experience 👍

No, NSC has never been as bad as JKB. There are of course disagreements as on every forum but the viciousness and toxicity of JKB is miles ahead of NSC.

Posters on JKB just seem so angry all the time (not all but way more than a minority) and are so quick to jump in an criticise fellow fans.  

I used to enjoy JKB but it feels toxic now and I hardly bother.  

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If we recruited the players comfortable playing the desired style/system and believe me these analysts we have now in our scouting department have certain criteria of player they are asked to look at we would be able to progress playing a certain style.

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Brighton have been excellent. Their recruitment has been absolutely fantastic and they've really thought outside the box and have brought players in from all over - and will make very good money from some of them. Alexis Mac Allister and Moises Caicedo will both go for big, big money. Evan Ferguson looks like he's going to be some player as well. Aware they're supposed to have some sort of relationship with Hibs but its a club we should be keeping close to after buying Cochrane off them and since they're only going to get bigger and bigger as they sell players like those above, who knows who they might be able to lend us in the future. 

I think that Hibs thing is bit of a red herring, haven’t seen any actual movement of players between the clubs.  Don’t forget also that Brighton have David Weir as Technical Director and he will always have a soft spot for us.  They’re 2/3 players in their PL2 squad who would be great to see at Tynecastle.  

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

If we recruited the players comfortable playing the desired style/system and believe me these analysts we have now in our scouting department have certain criteria of player they are asked to look at we would be able to progress playing a certain style.

Agreed that’s the way forward.  We also should be looking to bring younger players in a loan out them out to suitable clubs (based on style and game time) before integrating them.  We need to player the long game but I fear our fans don’t have the patience for that.  

13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Slightly disagree. We were all pretty happy when 8 or 9 points clear in 3rd a month or so back. The talk was how well we had done considering the European run and injuries. How well the recruitment had been and how we stood to make another 3-4+ million as it looked like we were on course for back to back 3rds. 

I'm not saying the football was scintillating but it was decent and the club looked in a good place and well run.  Fast forward some morale sapping losses to Rangers and Celtic and the wheels seemed to come off somewhat. 

If someone can come in and get these same players playing better then hats off. But like you say, some serious investment in players and management would be required to see a marked improvement in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Agreed that’s the way forward.  We also should be looking to bring younger players in a loan out them out to suitable clubs (based on style and game time) before integrating them.  We need to player the long game but I fear our fans don’t have the patience for that.  

That’s right,a new forward thinking manager would need a bit of time to get it 100% right.You can’t,and managers like De Zerbi don’t deviate from the system but actually persist until his team gets it right.

Ex member of the SaS

Get back to basics, quick one touch passing, small triangles and wingers doing what wingers should, get to the by line and make crosses. Strikers and attacking mids in the box and taking shots when the chance arises.

Many years ago, in American football where the forward ( can't remember proper names for positions. ) the guy that takes the ball and throws it forward. They had someone with a hoola hoop running down field and he had to get the ball through the hoop.

This practice made it easier for him to hit a running target. Why can't they train taking corners and set pieces with a hoola hoop on the penalty spot and the taker has to get the ball through the hoop, held at the right height for an attacker to go for it.

Simple methods of improving accuracy. Similarly the winger getting the ball through the hoop while running down the wing.

At present we have too many miss placed passes and corners where the ball sails through the box and out for a throw in.

A similar method could be used by having a hoop in the top corner of the post and bar so that a penalty taker improves accuracy in getting the ball out of reach of the keeper without blasting over the top. 

Oh and strikers and mids making tackles before the opposition cross the half way line.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Ex member of the SaS
12 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No, NSC has never been as bad as JKB. There are of course disagreements as on every forum but the viciousness and toxicity of JKB is miles ahead of NSC.

Posters on JKB just seem so angry all the time (not all but way more than a minority) and are so quick to jump in an criticise fellow fans.  

I used to enjoy JKB but it feels toxic now and I hardly bother.  

Yes they play the poster and do not comment on the post.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, damo said:

Slightly disagree. We were all pretty happy when 8 or 9 points clear in 3rd a month or so back. The talk was how well we had done considering the European run and injuries. How well the recruitment had been and how we stood to make another 3-4+ million as it looked like we were on course for back to back 3rds. 

I'm not saying the football was scintillating but it was decent and the club looked in a good place and well run.  Fast forward some morale sapping losses to Rangers and Celtic and the wheels seemed to come off somewhat. 

If someone can come in and get these same players playing better then hats off. But like you say, some serious investment in players and management would be required to see a marked improvement in my opinion. 

Yeah, I don’t mean to suggest we are badly run but if we ever want to be more than fighting for third then we need to fundamentally change how we are run, everything on the football side including the academy, loans system, scouting, manager recruitment, player recruitment etc. 

we can’t outspend the old firm so we have to build a model that allows us to capitalise when they have an off season.   Continuing the Brighton example look at them being above Chelsea and Liverpool  despite having a fraction of the budget.  It’s not easy and takes years but we need to be innovative. 

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Yeah, I don’t mean to suggest we are badly run but if we ever want to be more than fighting for third then we need to fundamentally change how we are run, everything on the football side including the academy, loans system, scouting, manager recruitment, player recruitment etc. 

we can’t outspend the old firm so we have to build a model that allows us to capitalise when they have an off season.   Continuing the Brighton example look at them being above Chelsea and Liverpool  despite having a fraction of the budget.  It’s not easy and takes years but we need to be innovative. 

👏someone that gets it🔝

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

👏someone that gets it🔝

Thanks, sadly I fear our fans just wouldn’t buy it as it takes too much time and there’s too much clamour for immediate success and signings that slot straight into the first team.  

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Attractive football to me is just anything easy on the eye. In terms of watching attractive football, that's something I only really desire from a neutral match on TV.

If the question is Hearts specific, then I don't really give a shite about 'attractive' football. I don't want to watch eye bleeding shite like the last few weeks either mind you. I just want to watch a team set up by competent coaching staff, with a clear design on how to win the match. There is no set blueprint for such an outcome as every match and opponent requires changes suited to exploiting their weaknesses.

I believe we try to play a style which is intended to be easy on the eye, and in some ways I suppose it is when you look at possession stats. But teams have sussed out a long time ago that we're a side who consistently dominate possession in games and do very little with it, and we continuously play into their hands by refusing to make any tweaks to our style whatsoever.

Says it in one.  As for easy on the eye, it's eye bleedingly boring.

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

TB has invested over £400m in the club though and skimming a tidy £200m + for being in EPL does help.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Thanks, sadly I fear our fans just wouldn’t buy it as it takes too much time and there’s too much clamour for immediate success and signings that slot straight into the first team.  

A lot too happy with the turgid style we have been playing and “just want to win”…reality check,good dynamic football wins more matches than not.

On the other hand,boring,eye bleeding ones don’t.

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

TB has invested over £400m in the club though and skimming a tidy £200m + for being in EPL does help.

True but that includes building the training complex and is over more than a decade.  Chelsea spent £600m on players in January alone.  The point is Brighton are not where they are relative to the big clubs due to how much they have spent it’s because of how they run themselves. If we want to get closer to old firm we need to do something out the box and similar. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Have a look at how simple it can be…

Great explanation. You can see RN wanted to do a similar thing and we managed it on a few occasions but for whatever reason nowhere near enough. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Great post. 

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

True but that includes building the training complex and is over more than a decade.  Chelsea spent £600m on players in January alone.  The point is Brighton are not where they are relative to the big clubs due to how much they have spent it’s because of how they run themselves. If we want to get closer to old firm we need to do something out the box and similar. 

We'll never get near the Old Firm, unless one of them goes pop again.

Brighton may have a successful season this time round, but no way will it be consistent top 6. Be nice to see European games at the Amex next season though.

The league setup in Scotland gives nobody a chance, itll never change.

Edited by Bull's-eye

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great explanation. You can see RN wanted to do a similar thing and we managed it on a few occasions but for whatever reason nowhere near enough. 

Maybe wasn’t installed into the player’s properly or the player’s didn’t fit the style of play….both Neilsons responsibility.

ArcticJambo
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Brighton is owned by some poker player who probably kens what he's doing. Employing top level football analysts crunching reams of data to find the wee gems out there. Also very astute bringing in a coach that will implement the latest fad in coaching tactics. Potter built a solid foundation, the Italian is now sprinkling the magic.

They'll get raided and by the time they have a chance to build themselves up again, the next genius Pep will find away round pressing. etc.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Best example I can think from a Hearts perspective was the 97/98 team. Adam running the channels, Cameron making runs and Naysmith over lapping.

Yip, and even then the OF roasted us a few times and a relegated hibs side beat us.

Nothing is perfect. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Maybe wasn’t installed into the player’s properly or the player’s didn’t fit the style of play….both Neilsons responsibility.

Definitely, when It doesn’t work the players are bound to doubt him, especially when he solely puts the blame on them for the issues. 

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

We'll never get near the Old Firm, unless one of them goes pop again.

Brighton may have a successful season this time round, but no way will it be consistent top 6. Be nice to see European games at the Amex next season though.

The league setup in Scotland gives nobody a chance, itll never change.

Our quest hasn't been to overthrow the big two though. It was to build on last season and gain access to European football again next season and try and put a gap between ourselves and the rest. We've failed miserably. We looked like we might've moved on from huge overhaul of squad in each transfer window. This summer is clearly going to be hectic inward and outward. 

The league set up in Scotland isn't fit for purpose as you rightly state. What we were setting out to achieve this season shouldn't have been beyond our capabilities. Yet we've totally failed and now need wholesale changes. Pretty dispiriting stuff from such a position of relative strength. 

To watch Spl football and then on Sunday match of the day, it is a different game. The vast majority of epl players would not look out of place lining up for the Olympics 100 metres, real athletic and physical  specimens. This type is not the norm in Scotland and would mean imports, or loans from down South. Very few teams in the epl will try and park the bus and games are fast and furious. We are getting left behind, our coaches are still trying to perfect tikataka, it's  done. Celtic and to some extent Rangers have moved on to a more dynamic game, yes I know bigger budget bla bla. We as a club need to be signing younger, more dynamic, athletic, faster footballers at least for part of the squad for what is now the modern game. There is nothing attractive about pushing the ball about among defenders, supposedly building from the back, that it is not. We have been too slow getting from back to front all season. It does sound like SN has recognised this but change with this squad is a challenge.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

4-3-3. Fast wingers who can get in behind full backs, a poacher who stays in the width of the 18 yard box. A clever player who can operate just off the striker, late runs into the box. 

2 sitting midfielders who can cover the gaps left by the full backs over lapping. 

Out of possession I want no team able to take short restarts against us. Press them high, force them long make sure our centre halves win their headers, we pick up second balls and we squeeze them in. 

That’s it. 

Probably won't see that again until August... :sob:

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Brighton is owned by some poker player who probably kens what he's doing. Employing top level football analysts crunching reams of data to find the wee gems out there. Also very astute bringing in a coach that will implement the latest fad in coaching tactics. Potter built a solid foundation, the Italian is now sprinkling the magic.

They'll get raided and by the time they have a chance to build themselves up again, the next genius Pep will find away round pressing. etc.

They sell players constantly and seem to keep bringing more in and more crucially have a manager that develops them. 
The only poor decision they seemed to make was that strategic partnership with Hibs 😆

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Especially when they had the front 3 of Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. It was utterly devastating stuff at times.

Aye they were but I always preferred the era of - 

Cole - Yorke 

Giggs - Scholars - Keane - Beckham

Irwin - Johnsen - Stam - Neville 

Schmeichel 

Relentless winners, they literally sucked the ball into the net. 

But aye, any Fergie post 94-95 team played at a ferocity and tempo that was rarely unmatched.