rumblings down fester road

hibshater

I thought all their books were in the most perfect order (compared to ours)????

Shurely shome mishtake?

?100?? Peeeeeeetrieee (Hibs' Mr Prudence) would surely laugh at that?

Where's Sir Tom when you need him eh? Still ripping off the general populace????

Saint Thomas of Farmer is spending his dosh on Vatican good causes to make sure he get's through the Pearly Gates! ;)

mixu paatelainen, what a ****in signing, na na na na

lets sing that when we empty the hobos on derby day

Drylaw Hearts
Mowbrey I gave you as per my post but not the other two. Wish they'd both stayed.

McLeish did a very decent job at Hibs imo.

Rangers would not have employed him otherwise.

Collins also won a Trophy after being there only 6 months or so.

Nobody knows what may have happened had they stuck around but their records whilst there cannot be argued with.

Seymour M Hersh
I would think Yogi would be a good manager for them but I have a feeling he feels he is only just got the side he wants at Falkirk and they are developing into a decent team so could knock hibs back.

Is there not some serious (bad) history with Hughes & Petrie? Why did they not go for him last time out or even before square heid?

shaun.lawson
Is there not some serious (bad) history with Hughes & Petrie? Why did they not go for him last time out or even before square heid?

There is. They had a massive falling out when Yogi was binned in Summer 2000: he accused Petrie of being too much of a cheapskate to allow McLeish to re-sign him, and a very angry exchange ensued. Hughes won't go back there until the Tache has left - and the feeling is clearly mutual. All the better for us, as I think Hughes would be perfect for them!

Incidentally, I agree with what Drylaw wrote: Eck did do a good job for them. Arguably, it was only the quality of the side he met in the Cup Final that prevented him doing for them exactly what JJ did for us - though that said, he also emulated Jefferies in spending them into deep trouble as well! :eek:

shaun.lawson
Did Hughes not pour a glass of wine over Petries head?

Or is that just a myth?

That's how the story goes - though as ever with these things, it may be somewhat embellished. :)

Ron Burgundy

Or is that just a myth?

I believe he did.Quite a measured response from Leith's answer to Albert Einstein.

Him being a dim-witted caveman sort I would have thought his idea of a practical joke would have involved human body waste and physical violence.

Victor Meldrew
A lot less than 6 months that's for sure.

Well done. I thought you might miss the chance to use another thread completely unrelated to any managemen issues at HMFC to have a dig at the club you claim to support.

I was wrong. You managed it.

Now that we've got a manager, what's next on your 'whinge list' about HMFC?

Drylaw Hearts
Well done. I thought you might miss the chance to use another thread completely unrelated to any managemen issues at HMFC to have a dig at the club you claim to support.

I was wrong. You managed it.

Now that we've got a manager, what's next on your 'whinge list' about HMFC?

The shiiit Squad of players Csaba has inherited.

After that......

The All-Maroon Home Strip - I don't like it.

If he did leave, what would be the chances of them going for Mark McGhee?

McGhee's not THAT daft!! My guess is Billy Davies? They'd be a perfect match, he wanders around with a chip on his shoulder just like the rest of them down there. He'd probably LOVE to have a go at Hearts seeing as we didn't go for him!!

ToadKiller Dog
McGhee's not THAT daft!! My guess is Billy Davies? They'd be a perfect match, he wanders around with a chip on his shoulder just like the rest of them down there. He'd probably LOVE to have a go at Hearts seeing as we didn't go for him!!

I doubt that the hobo wage limit would allow for Mcghee or the kid from gentle ben ,Boyle pays mcghee more than i expect hibs would offer.

Mixus cheap 20 bob a week and all the buckets of fish heads he can eat.

Or is that just a myth?

I can count myself as one of several billion people on this earth who have not poured a glass of wine over Petrie's head.

Funny thing, the English language, isn't it ?

;)

Ron Burgundy
I can count myself as one of several billion people on this earth who have not poured a glass of wine over Petrie's head.

Funny thing, the English language, isn't it ?

;)

Oooooh! I see what you did there.:)

Seymour M Hersh
There is. They had a massive falling out when Yogi was binned in Summer 2000: he accused Petrie of being too much of a cheapskate to allow McLeish to re-sign him, and a very angry exchange ensued. Hughes won't go back there until the Tache has left - and the feeling is clearly mutual. All the better for us, as I think Hughes would be perfect for them!

Incidentally, I agree with what Drylaw wrote: Eck did do a good job for them. Arguably, it was only the quality of the side he met in the Cup Final that prevented him doing for them exactly what JJ did for us - though that said, he also emulated Jefferies in spending them into deep trouble as well! :eek:

Eck did his usual started off well job for them. He would have dragged them backwards soon enough (my opinion only of course). Let's be honest he won things at der hun but we all could couldn't we?

McLeish did a very decent job at Hibs imo.

Rangers would not have employed him otherwise.

Collins also won a Trophy after being there only 6 months or so.

Nobody knows what may have happened had they stuck around but their records whilst there cannot be argued with.

The mouse cup does not count as a trophy, wee team wee cup.:cheer1::wavey::cup:

Drylaw Hearts
The mouse cup does not count as a trophy, wee team wee cup.:cheer1::wavey::cup:

I wouldn't mind it if Hearts won it.

Would you ?

The could not afford Davies -my bet would be Gordon Chisholm - cheap and cheerful and sold to the deluded as an "up and coming manager" and an ex- Hibbee to boot.

shaun.lawson
Eck did his usual started off well job for them. He would have dragged them backwards soon enough (my opinion only of course). Let's be honest he won things at der hun but we all could couldn't we?

You're right: they were hurtling backwards by the time he left. But that's pretty much the norm for non-OF clubs: if Hibs' 00/1 campaign was their version of us in 97/8, then what was happening the following season had also happened to us in 98/9. The only difference is they lost the Cup Final, and Eck got out while his star was still in the ascendant, whereas JJ stayed.

But if you consider the context when he arrived there - years of serious decline on and off the park, and no sort of consistent success since the early 70s - I think he did really well. I've written on here before of the progress I believe they've enjoyed for most of the past decade, and McLeish was the catalyst for it: certainly, their 00/1 team is the best Hibs side I've seen by a considerable distance (not that there's much competition, mind you!).

As for Rangers: honestly, I don't know. You may be right - but again, Celtic had pulled way ahead when he was appointed, had a big advantage off the field as well, yet he won the same number of trophies in his four and a half years at Ibrox as the vastly more celebrated Martin O'Neill did in his five years at Parkhead. Given the financial mess he was wrestling with, I think that's pretty remarkable myself: just my opinion though.

McLeish did what he always seems to do and got one good season out of Hibs before leaving them in a mess, just like he did Rangers and Motherwell. At Ibrox, McLeish won two titles on the last day, one thanks to Scott McDonald and Celtic throwing away a 5 point lead with 3 games to go and the other primarily because Celtic got to the UEFA Cup Final, although they did rack up a fairly impressive 97 points - that being his one good season. In his other two full seasons Rangers were miles behind Celtic and dropped out the top two for the first time in donkey's years.

Collins' cup win encompassed a poor 1-0 win over the worst Hearts performance in my lifetime, a 3-1 win after extra time against lower league opposition in the semi and a somewhat flattering scoreline in the final. It was Mowbray's team that won it, Collins just inspired them by posing nude in the showers.

Long live Mixu!!!

The could not afford Davies -my bet would be Gordon Chisholm - cheap and cheerful and sold to the deluded as an "up and coming manager" and an ex- Hibbee to boot.

Good shout, never thought about him!

Archived