JKB FC Game 5....

Meadows

After our winning start with four victories out of four,we had our 5th game tonight.

JKB FC V Spartak Moscow

Edinburgh Academy

Tuesday 15th July.

A very blustery wind was always going to cause havoc,with our normal passing game being tempered by the conditions,however the weather is the same for both teams!!

Choosing to shoot with the wind at our backs in the first half we pressed almost immediately,however as discussed pre-match Spartak were not only well orgainised with a couple of very good players but physical as well.We do not have any shrinking violets either and Basher was relishing the rolled up sleeves attitude in the middle of the park. The ball was taking a pounding with the play being mostly centre of pitch.When we kept the ball down,used the wings and played at pace we started making chances.Eventually Basher scored a goal reminiscent of his goal earlier in the season,gliding past the defender,making space and coolly slotting home.Every player on the pitch knew they had a game on their hands and if we were to win the concentration and teamwork were imperative.

Half time JKB FC 1 Spartak 0

No changes at half time,personnel or tactical as we knew we had to keep our shape and work rate.Our possesion meant more goals had to follow and when gasbottle dinked it over the keeper we were delighted to get the two goal cushion. Spartak kept pressing with the wind behind them and pulled one back from a corner that should have been cleared,a couple of clever headers in the box saw the score go to 2-1.

Another week,another inspired sub (honest) saw young John Mac make his debut,his pace causing problems for the now tiring Spartak, john made a great diaganol run taking numerous defenders with him,then played a simple ball in for Gasbottle to get his second and our 3rd to restore the two goal lead with a great finish.

Spartak got a great 2nd goal with their No10 winning the ball,beating a couple of players and slotting past Big Bruce in goal,

We did not panic and kept to our game plan,again we pressed on the wings with Gary Dalgiesh rattling the bar from 20 yards after another ball from John Mac. We wrapped up our 5th straight victory with 2 minutes to go, again John Mac done superbly on the wing,took the ball to the flag and cut it back for Flogelisgod to almost burst the net,with his first goal of the season;).

All in all,a very hard game against a good team but a very welcome 3 points due mainly to teamwork and 100% effort.

Final Score

JKB FC 4 Spartak 2

Well done again guys....

Great match report again boss, but come on you cant expect me to believe that Oli scord..... :eek:

our toughest game to date by far! As meadows says the wind didn't help either side! Apologies to the boys for having an off day today lads! I just couldn't seem to get my foot on or through the ball tonight. Still the desired result was achieved. Special mentions to kowski basher andy and garry , all of them worked very hard and helped the team get the win! Young john was excellent too! Well done lads. Next game 29/7.

Another good win tonight lads, like Cairns I felt I did'nt have the best of games but the result is all that matters

flogelisgod

yeah, defo a hard game and a half.We defo were the better team over the 90 and i think the result is a fair one at that.

Thats me on 2 (TWO) goals now..ill keep em coming!

We should start counting assists too! :)

The updated scorers chart (with amendments)

Andy Alexander 6

Gary Murray 6

Jim Murray 6

Derek Mc 2

Kowski 2

Basher 2

Oli 2

C41rns 2

flogelisgod

Andy Alexander 6

Gary Murray 6

Jim Murray 6

Derek Mc 2

Kowski 2

Basher 2

Oli 2

C41rns 2

Have to say that this chart looks spot on..100% correct..:)

Andy Alexander 6

Gary Murray 6

Jim Murray 6

Derek Mc 2

Kowski 2

Basher 2

Oli 2

C41rns 2

I am not sure how happy I am at being bottom of the "2" pile !! ;)

flogelisgod

Cairnsy, thought u were used to being at the bottom of a group of men...:)

You'll need to venture into the opposition box for another goal,next game !!

You'll need to venture into the opposition box for another goal,next game !!

I used to be an attacking CM and was joint top goal scorer for my Sunday team (many moons ago)... fancy giving it a shot?:dribble:

Robbos Right Peg

Next game is ???? I am right in saying that you seems to have had 'home advantage' so far ?

Robbo's right peg...

The summer league is played at Edinburgh Academy ,so being positive every game is a home game,being negative every game is an away game!!

The exception being The pitches are booked for some daft tournament that posh folk play (Rugby or Cricket) so we are 'slummimg' it at Silverknowes for our next few games.

DryJTlaw....China was showing some nifty ball skills on the touchline, and some colourful vocals!!

Edit....PS, RRP 06.19 am posts??? Insomnia or did the wine wear off ?

basher the jambo

Yeah cracking game last night lads. We came up against a big strong team and took the game right to them. My old legs are still sore but roll on the next game.

Basher..thought your 1st half performance was the best i've seen you!!

What was the verbals in the 2nd half? your shout was along the lines of..."Were you marking me when i scored the first goal".....care to explain?;)

basher the jambo
Basher..thought your 1st half performance was the best i've seen you!!

What was the verbals in the 2nd half? your shout was along the lines of..."Were you marking me when i scored the first goal".....care to explain?;)

Ah the wee guy was trying to wind us up saying they were getting beat by 9 lithuanians. I told him we only had the 8 and he started going on about how i dont play Saturday amatuer. I dont know where he gets his info from but he got that wrong aswell. Then i asked if it was him who was marking me when i scored because he didnt get close to me all night. Im sure he was a Hobo he was doubled in two when Oli scored the 4th.

Ah the wee guy was trying to wind us up saying they were getting beat by 9 lithuanians. I told him we only had the 8 and he started going on about how i dont play Saturday amatuer. I dont know where he gets his info from but he got that wrong aswell. Then i asked if it was him who was marking me when i scored because he didnt get close to me all night. Im sure he was a Hobo he was doubled in two when Oli scored the 4th.

Brilliant mate !!!!:rofl:

BTW...Whats Dolan having for dinner tonight?

Thought it might be duck:rolleyes:

basher the jambo

;) It was a dull on he got.

He still couldnt open his eye when i dropped him off.

Aright JJ ?....His eye is open but very sensitive (sore) to light ,and his vision is a bit blurred but apart from that he is fine...:rolleyes:

Aright JJ ?....His eye is open but very sensitive (sore) to light ,and his vision is a bit blurred but apart from that he is fine...:rolleyes:

Good stuff - hopefully things will be a bit clearer :P in a week or so!

Archived