A stepping stone

DB-14

What is James Hill actually using us a stepping stone for? An absolute imposter.

January recruitment had also been laughably pish.

Edited by DB-14
Typo

Yep. A breathtakingly tone deaf statement and a stupid, stupid signing to have made. 

We needed to replace Halkett, that means a ball winner with experience. So we... didn't do that. 

:facepalm: 

pettigrewsstylist
4 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

What is James Hill actually using us a stepping stone for? An absolute imposter.

January recruitment had also been laughably pish.

He started well and then got ruined.

ArcticJambo

Like many before him, and many to come he's simply under-estinmated what it takes to compete in our league. He'll leave with his tail between his legs, and he'll sheepishly change the subject when his time up here is brought up in conversation.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Boyces beard

Said it after first couple of games when folk thought he was alright, wants to much time on the ball and thinks he is better than our level which makes him look even worse, all he has is a long throw. Toby must be sitting scratching his head wondering wtf is going on.

All roads lead to Gorgie

When he tries to pass the ball out of defence it's like he is wearing square boots. I don't know how he was ever considered as England potential, by agents probably.

Thunder and Lightning
16 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He started well and then got ruined.

I agree, thought he was excellent at the start, recently been very poor. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I agree, thought he was excellent at the start, recently been very poor. 

Hes not alone in that, there is quite a crowd in that bracket. He did actually put his head into mix yesterday though when defending.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

ToadKiller Dog

Not going to single him out , most of the young players we have brought in are regressing just now , that includes ,hill ,devlin and even Cochrane .

The team looked shattered mentally and the coaching side has run out of ideas .

Change is obvious required to bring freshness back to the players .

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

Not going to single him out , most of the young players we have brought in are regressing just now , that includes ,hill ,devlin and even Cochrane .

The team looked shattered mentally and the coaching side has run out of ideas .

Change is obvious required to bring freshness back to the players .

Kingsley.

ToadKiller Dog
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Kingsley.

Yeah he certainly going backwards just now  .

You could see the frustration in him yesterday with his own play .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Just on Sibbick, we have the potential for a very good defence. Toby has his limations, but he's extremely good on the ball, and one thing I really, really want to see him do more of is taking the ball into midfield. By doing that he can gain the team half the pitch and take out any number of the opposition that try and close him down. It reminds me a lot of Zal and his mazy runs into midfield. Snakey Souttar too actually. 

Anyway, yeah. We need a proper defender to sit in the middle of our back 3 with Sibbick on the right and Rowles on the left. It would provide balance defensively and ensure we've not soft as shite defensively. Toby and Rowles are both capable of taking the ball out of defence and I think with that balance we could see the best of both. 

I think whoever greenlit the deal for Hill has let the club down massively. It was clear we needed to replace Halkett and by not doing so we've created the mess we're now in. A team that is defensively sound doesn't need to worry about conceding goals which then means we can focus on the front area of the pitch. IIRC there was a good couple of CBs we could have snapped up on frees but instead chose to sign a youngster with no experience.... 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Just on Sibbick, we have the potential for a very good defence. Toby has his limations, but he's extremely good on the ball, and one thing I really, really want to see him do more of is taking the ball into midfield. By doing that he can gain the team half the pitch and take out any number of the opposition that try and close him down. It reminds me a lot of Zal and his mazy runs into midfield. Snakey Souttar too actually. 

Anyway, yeah. We need a proper defender to sit in the middle of our back 3 with Sibbick on the right and Rowles on the left. It would provide balance defensively and ensure we've not soft as shite defensively. Toby and Rowles are both capable of taking the ball out of defence and I think with that balance we could see the best of both. 

I think whoever greenlit the deal for Hill has let the club down massively. It was clear we needed to replace Halkett and by not doing so we've created the mess we're now in. A team that is defensively sound doesn't need to worry about conceding goals which then means we can focus on the front area of the pitch. IIRC there was a good couple of CBs we could have snapped up on frees but instead chose to sign a youngster with no experience.... 

We needed to sign someone who was decisive and good in the air. Hill is neither.  We may have missed a real trick by no signing Joe  Wright who looks to be exactly what we needed after Halkett got his long term injury. There were others about during the winter window that would have done us in the short term, but as you say we plumped for an untested youngster. That could be a very expensive mistake for us.

Started off well in his first few games and think he thought he would completely stroll the league. Rapidly regressed and now easily the weakest link in the centre of defence. Madness that he played ahead of Sibbick yesterday. Good luck to him back at Bournemouth next season cause it looks like he’d struggle to make the bench for their U23’s at the moment. 

heisenberg86
50 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Like many before him, and many to come he's simply under-estinmated what it takes to compete in our league. He'll leave with his tail between his legs, and he'll sheepishly change the subject when his time up here is brought up in conversation.

will say the standard up here is poor, overly physical and didn’t suit his style of play when he signs for Rochdale or some other tin pot league 2 side next season 

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

will say the standard up here is poor, overly physical and didn’t suit his style of play when he signs for Rochdale or some other tin pot league 2 side next season 

:lol: aye, once he says that, they'll quickly move on knowing he probably talking shite! (and that they wouldnt be able to handle it either!)

BackOfTheNet

I don’t get sensitive by the stepping stone comments. It’s naive as many (like on here) get knee jerk about it, but reality dictates in the scheme of world football, there’s many a rung higher on the ladder we’re on.

So, I have no problem with players saying they want to use us a stepping stone, in fact I want them to use us as a stepping stone, as that means that we would have players who have quality that means they’ll play for bigger and better teams than us. And we’ll get the benefit of their talents in the interim.

Actually, if our next manager uses us as a stepping stone, then we’ll be better off than we currently are with a man that is in the highest position he will ever hold.