Cherry Garcia ICE CREAM

jamboj

This stuff is arguably the best ice cream ever made, but for some reason ben and jerry have decided to make it into frozen yogurt as well and now thats all I can find. Im told that the ice cream version is still about but I sure as hell cant find it... Anyone spied some anywhere?????

alwaysthereinspirit
This stuff is arguably the best ice cream ever made, but for some reason ben and jerry have decided to make it into frozen yogurt as well and now thats all I can find. Im told that the ice cream version is still about but I sure as hell cant find it... Anyone spied some anywhere?????

Was on the tour of the Ben and Jerry ice cream factory up in Stow Vermont in 88 or 89 when it first came onto the market.

I know no one gives a $#!t but I just remembered when I saw the post.

Theres a tub of that cherry stuff in our freezer... dont know if i wanna try it though... Caramel Choo choo all the way! :D

Brian Whittaker's Tache

B & J sent the first tub of CG off the production line to Jerry Garcia

Unfortunately he was in a diabetic coma at the time

Noooooo...the yoghurts are brilliant but Cherry Garcia was one of the best ice cream flavours EVER. If they've discontinued it I'll be devastated. :sad:

Must check regular 'supplier' tomorrow....

blondejamtart

Frogurt...pah!! It's got to be the real deal where ice cream is concerned. Ben and Jerry's is the business! Haven't met a flavour I didn't like yet.....:)

blondejamtart
Home made ice cream is way better than anything you can buy. :)

Tell you what then - why don't you make some, and we'll all try it and give your our expert ice cream connoisseurs' verdict? :cool:

Tell you what then - why don't you make some, and we'll all try it and give your our expert ice cream connoisseurs' verdict? :cool:

Make a proper egg custard, add some whipped cream, fold in some pureed home grown raspberries or blackcurrants and freeze it ... all there is to it!

blondejamtart
Make a proper egg custard, add some whipped cream, fold in some pureed home grown raspberries or blackcurrants and freeze it ... all there is to it!

I'll add that to my "to do" list then, shall I...:whistling:

As long as you have done the hoovering might as well make good use of your time in the kitchen:dribble:

Let us all know how you get on :whistling: Really is worth trying.

Make sure that you use an ice cream maker or churn it by hand every so often as it freezes :whistling:

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that. If I was able to make my own ice cream, I'd rarely eat anything else...

(Just for future reference though, would that be double cream?... :blush:)

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that. If I was able to make my own ice cream, I'd rarely eat anything else...

(Just for future reference though, would that be double cream?... :blush:)

Yep, egg yolks, sugar and double cream in the custard, add whipped double cream and whatever flavourings you like ... not good for the heart really :eek:

Yep, egg yolks, sugar and double cream in the custard, add whipped double cream and whatever flavourings you like ... not good for the heart really :eek:

If I end up grossly obese, it'll be your fault. ;)

At least I'll die happy....

Archived