Suitable managers

Sertse

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It was the right choice at the time. He got us promoted and into Europe. He achieved what was expected. I'm not sure how that could ever be seen as I mistake.

I think that ship has sailed but if then was now, I'd live to see what he could do with the squad we had now. 

Robbie did a good job he was a victim of his own success as winning became expected. Naismith is doing interesting things with the team, good times around the corner whoever is in charge :)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

tiger Rudi

Give it to Naismith. Seen enough of an improvement in players attitudes since he took the job on. He's improved formations and tactics. Played players in their favoured positions. He also reads the game well, making good calls with substitutions at the right times. There is an energy & positivity on the touchline & on the pitch, with renewed optimism in the stands. All things that have been posted missing far too often this season. A bit like Atkinson actually. Where did he go to? Was he out on loan? Seriously though, Naismith looks like he's getting a tune out of guys who were on their way out. 

A few decent signings close season, renewed optimism for the future. A commanding centre half first requirement please SN!! 

gordon simpson
17 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Give it to Naismith. Seen enough of an improvement in players attitudes since he took the job on. He's improved formations and tactics. Played players in their favoured positions. He also reads the game well, making good calls with substitutions at the right times. There is an energy & positivity on the touchline & on the pitch, with renewed optimism in the stands. All things that have been posted missing far too often this season. A bit like Atkinson actually. Where did he go to? Was he out on loan? Seriously though, Naismith looks like he's getting a tune out of guys who were on their way out. 

A few decent signings close season, renewed optimism for the future. A commanding centre half first requirement please SN!! 

THIS

39 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I agree. Anyone we bring in is a gamble. Naisy has shown enough for me to say he’s worth a punt. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Robbie did a good job he was a victim of his own success as winning became expected. Naismith is doing interesting things with the team, good times around the corner whoever is in charge :)

We won 3  in 11 games.  One of those against Hamilton Accies, another against 10 man bottom of the league Dundee United. That’s not to do with his previous success, that’s a sustained and completely unacceptable run of results. 

He got exactly what he deserved. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We won 3  in 11 games.  One of those against Hamilton Accies, another against 10 man bottom of the league Dundee United. That’s not to do with his previous success, that’s a sustained and completely unacceptable run of results. 

What's unacceptable about it. He didn't streak round the flipping changing room, he didn't call all the players tarts. Anyone that represents the Hearts tries their best this is a forum full of people that would love to represent Hearts I do too but face facts I don't and you don't get behind the team win or lose pal

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

What's unacceptable about it. He didn't streak round the flipping changing room, he didn't call all the players tarts. Anyone that represents the Hearts tries their best this is a forum full of people that would love to represent Hearts I do too but face facts I don't and you don't get behind the team win or lose pal

What the **** are you talking about. He ****ed it up, get over yourself. 

I’ve backed the team my whole life, doesn’t mean I need to support ridiculous statements on a forum like “he was a victim of his own success. Slavers. 

jock _turd
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did he ? The f'n players were what let down Hearts supporters not Robbie. You can cut it any way you want but most the players in that team want emptied. I said a while back semi jokingly I would take big Dunc at Hearts ... and I will tell you what he would take those fannys out and give then exactly what the deserve a good doing ... and not one of the fairies would do anything than cry for their mommies . I

Just now, jock _turd said:

Did he ? The f'n players were what let down Hearts supporters not Robbie. You can cut it any way you want but most the players in that team want emptied. I said a while back semi jokingly I would take big Dunc at Hearts ... and I will tell you what he would take those fannys out and give then exactly what the deserve a good doing ... and not one of the fairies would do anything than cry for their mommies . I

Aye he did. His system and style wasn’t working and HE couldn’t get the players to play at their best. That’s his job. 

Much of what you say about the players could be right but that changes nothing. 

Rick Sanchez

Robbie built that dressing room and ultimately lost it. I blame him 100% having seen the bounce Naismith has achieved.

I hold no ill will towards him though.

rudi must stay
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What the **** are you talking about. He ****ed it up, get over yourself. 

I’ve backed the team my whole life, doesn’t mean I need to support ridiculous statements on a forum like “he was a victim of his own success. Slavers. 

I've got over myself cheers you showed me the light 

Lone Striker

This thread's taken a ground-hog day nose-dive along factional lines. 

In the red corner, Bob's fan-boy.    In the blue corner, Daniel's  fan-boy.    But which is best ? Only one way to find out.

th?id=OIP.FrUOH0Le2P_oVeOLOupifAHaEG&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

21 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Never understood why we as a fan base have this compulsion to always look backwards 

The thing we need more than anything right now, is a complete fresh start.

Not an ex manager getting his 2nd spell again, not another ex player getting his first gig to learn the trade. 

Joe Savage and Andrew McKinlay are working together on this.

This is going to define their era of running of our football team. It’s a new era. They’re the custodians. They’ve led the charge to sack the last guy, Mckinlays the one who fronted up at the presser talking all the right talk. 

Who can they attract? who can they appoint that’s a complete fresh pair of eyes with no baggage? It’s about ambition now 

Got to admire your faith in Savage and McKinlay, hope it’s justified. 

Say we got £5-6m for a couple of players would you be comfortable with Savage and team spending it based on what we have seen so far? 

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Say we got £5-6m for a couple of players would you be comfortable with Savage and team spending it based on what we have seen so far? 

It’s not faith in them so much as, I’m looking at them, I’m watching them, holding them to account. They’ve got to get this right for next season. 

47 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s not faith in them so much as, I’m looking at them, I’m watching them, holding them to account. They’ve got to get this right for next season. 

Absolutely. 

jock _turd
On 20/05/2023 at 10:06, Bazzas right boot said:

Stendel, nice guy that he was  made a bad team worse and had us bottom. 

Bob rebuilt us twice and had us 3rd twice.

Who do many fawn over and romanticise about and champion more?

Aye, Stendel.

Cracking stuff, thank **** those types make no football decisions for the club. 

There are none so blind that will not see or what ever 🤣 Stendal had plenty of time to turn things around and did squat other than shit it in Paisley win that and we would have been safe he crapped it!

I tell what then next guy up is going to have to be able to walk on water because RN set a standard that is going to be very difficult to get near let alone improve on! Going to be tears and snotters by the RN ooter's very soon I fear. Never mind we will be losing with elan, dash and silky smooth free flowing football.... how very hibs 🤣

jock _turd
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Hold on I thought is wisnae the players but the coaching and game plans that were the issue 🤣

billybalfour

Did Savage have a say in Robbie's reappointment.I seem to recall he came in after that.

I think we can judge him after the new manager comes in.

i am sure he was watching the style of football under Robbie,as was McKinlay,and I think we will have a manager who likes to play on the front foot when possible.Improve the away record and he will match Robbie comfortably.

I liked Mckinlay's comments about the Rangers home games and genuinely expect a good appointment.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

There are none so blind that will not see or what ever 🤣 Stendal had plenty of time to turn things around and did squat other than shit it in Paisley win that and we would have been safe he crapped it!

I tell what then next guy up is going to have to be able to walk on water because RN set a standard that is going to be very difficult to get near let alone improve on! Going to be tears and snotters by the RN ooter's very soon I fear. Never mind we will be losing with elan, dash and silky smooth free flowing football.... how very hibs 🤣

Stendel got dealt a bad hand,  but all he has to do was not take us bottom. 

Many on here were having a rage about us not being clear in 3rd and then dropping to 4th under Bob but champion a manager who taken a CL team in 11th to 12th.

He then bottomed out with Nantes.

You can't make it up.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Happy happy happy happy clap.

What Robbie lovers like to do.

I am unsure of Naisy, it is a big gamble as he has never been tested yet.

So far, signs are promising (althouh, he has had a bad performance in Paisley also, where a game had to be won).

But, I am sure Naisy will have have us challenging with a lot better style of play to watch.

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Many on here were having a rage about us not being clear in 3rd and then dropping to 4th under Bob but champion a manager who taken a CL team in 11th to 12th.

You can't make it up.

You can't  it was Nancy, not Nantes.

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, billybalfour said:

Did Savage have a say in Robbie's reappointment.I seem to recall he came in after that.

I think we can judge him after the new manager comes in.

i am sure he was watching the style of football under Robbie,as was McKinlay,and I think we will have a manager who likes to play on the front foot when possible.Improve the away record and he will match Robbie comfortably.

I liked Mckinlay's comments about the Rangers home games and genuinely expect a good appointment.

Savage and Robbie never seemed to fully aligned in their philosophy’s IMO. 

im not being a Savage happy clapper here but his job is to identify players with the attributes the manager has asked for and the manager selects the player from a shortlist Savage and his scouts draw up. Obviously the target needs to want to come, if not you work your way down the list  (if the no1 target etc doesn’t want to come neither the manager or Savage can be held totally accountable).

What im saying is Savage was identifying players based on what Robbie wanted.

Hopefully going forward the manager and players are selected based on what club has decided it wants our identity and philosophy is. i think this identity and philosophy is exactly the one Naismith is talking about and trying to instil. I’m not saying he will definitely get the job but I think it’s becoming more likely. 

jock _turd
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Happy happy happy happy clap.

What Robbie lovers like to do.

I am unsure of Naisy, it is a big gamble as he has never been tested yet.

So far, signs are promising (althouh, he has had a bad performance in Paisley also, where a game had to be won).

But, I am sure Naisy will have have us challenging with a lot better style of play to watch.

No I am no happy clapper BUT see if the next guy in cannot get us into third place first time out should we cut him any slack? In my view he won't be due any at all RN did it twice but the first time he did drop to fourth ... he had to go. Fair enough that is the standard you get the team into third or you are history ... Nah wait a minute it was his style of play we will take the new guy being fourth or even fifth if we are entertaining while we lose 🤣

If the standard is third place then the next guy up has to do it first time around or he can do one ... I doubt we will get anybody wanting to take on the job with the objective third or your oot !

Jeffros Furios
4 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Hold on I thought is wisnae the players but the coaching and game plans that were the issue 🤣

:rofl:what a state 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

No I am no happy clapper BUT see if the next guy in cannot get us into third place first time out should we cut him any slack? In my view he won't be due any at all RN did it twice but the first time he did drop to fourth ... he had to go. Fair enough that is the standard you get the team into third or you are history ... Nah wait a minute it was his style of play we will take the new guy being fourth or even fifth if we are entertaining while we lose 🤣

If the standard is third place then the next guy up has to do it first time around or he can do one ... I doubt we will get anybody wanting to take on the job with the objective third or your oot !

You've lost it.

RN had to go, we were lucky if we were going to be 6th never mind 4th.

He lost a 10 point lead at 3rd.

Being 3rd is massively important.

If Aberdeen were to to grab it 2 seasons running, it could do us a lot of damage trying to keep up. They could pull away if managed properly.

Neilson made a monumental **** up, that is why he was sacked.

No dislike for the guy, but I never wanted him back in the first place.

He learned **** all from his MKD experience.

We were 3rd last year in spite of him, not because of him.

Aberdeen and Hibs ****ed up with shit management.

40 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Can't find odds anymore.

Been watching the same site for a few weeks. Over last couple of days Wilder remains 5/4 fav but Naismith has gone out from 5/2 to 5/1. Probably means nothing but for the guys that think Naismith is  nailed on to get it then 5/1 is certainly worth a punt. 

jock _turd
12 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

You've lost it.

RN had to go, we were lucky if we were going to be 6th never mind 4th.

He lost a 10 point lead at 3rd.

Being 3rd is massively important.

If Aberdeen were to to grab it 2 seasons running, it could do us a lot of damage trying to keep up. They could pull away if managed properly.

Neilson made a monumental **** up, that is why he was sacked.

No dislike for the guy, but I never wanted him back in the first place.

He learned **** all from his MKD experience.

We were 3rd last year in spite of him, not because of him.

Aberdeen and Hibs ****ed up with shit management.

Aye but you are not answering the question are you? Now I am not a happy clapper but nearly everybody who wanted RN out agreed that nearly any half decent manager could have achieved third place with the players available RN. I am asking you does the new manager need to get third place... something RN never failed to do or does a blind eye get turned to that one and we soldier on with a manager who has failed in his objective. So come on your the one with you neck out telling me how shite RN was will you answer the question does the new man get the bullet if he fails to do what RN achieved each full season he was manager ?

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You can't make it up.

The mythology of Daniel stendel is bemusing. 

The guy isnt a very strong manager, he was utterly negligent defensively and now manages a b team. 

It was a left field experiment of an appointment and it failed. 

Tommy Brown
5 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Aye but you are not answering the question are you? Now I am not a happy clapper but nearly everybody who wanted RN out agreed that nearly any half decent manager could have achieved third place with the players available RN. I am asking you does the new manager need to get third place... something RN never failed to do or does a blind eye get turned to that one and we soldier on with a manager who has failed in his objective. So come on your the one with you neck out telling me how shite RN was will you answer the question does the new man get the bullet if he fails to do what RN achieved each full season he was manager ?

Read my post. Aberdeen mismanaged allowing Hearts to get in there.

RN did do well though ending up 13pts clear of DU, Mwell and RC.

Aberdeen and Hibs completely mismanaged into the bottom 6.

61 points won.

As my last post. In spite of Robbie, not because of him.

It's all ifs and buts. Most likely Aberdeen will get 3rd and get the £5m bounty that could have been great foundations for us the build further on.

If this happens, we can only hope that Aberdeen don't capitalise.

Your answer, depends how well we run our challenge for 3rd. If we are well off the mark, firing should be considered.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

The guy isnt a very strong manager, he was utterly negligent defensively and now manages a b team. 

Its funny but I do take my hat off to the club for going for Cathro and Stendel.

Cathro failed spectacularly but we were then far too ponderous and naive in dealing with Stendel.

I fear we are also now being similarly tardy and naive this time round.

What was all that talk about succession planning when Robbie was fired for us not to have made our mind up yet about the new manager?

Cut throat as it might seem a proper decent sized club would have had nearly everything in place to appoint the replacement for Robbie by now as his direction of travel was pretty clear.

Italian Lambretta

Did anyone else notice the photographers taking a keen interest in the directors box before the game.

I wonder if they got a heads up that someone important would be sitting there?

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Did anyone else notice the photographers taking a keen interest in the directors box before the game.

I wonder if they got a heads up that someone important would be sitting there?

Dave Cormack the Aberdeen Chairman was at game 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
47 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Dave Cormack the Aberdeen Chairman was at game 

He said someone important…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He said someone important…

Haha ! Tbf after open heart surgery it was good he was back at a game

Thunder and Lightning

Robbie Defence League going full circle here. 

Seems they have morphed into what they claimed the Robbie haters were. 

Praying for Hearts to get beat to forward their agenda. 

Strange people. 😂 

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

That's not quite true,though he has failed at other clubs, can you answer me a quick question? What sort of style of play is Naismith trying to play and implement at Hearts,because to me it seems very easy and similar too work out.

Infact it's sticking out a mile.

Everything I said we needed has came out of Naismith mouth, do I get the credit for it ? No why because I'm hated on here, because I speak my mind.

I seen what was happening at Hearts and knew how it would End with Robbie.

Just like I predicted years ago under Levein.

This is a strong team, we have anyone saying different is delusional.

Stendel is adored at Barnsley,Hannover, and I would guarantee he would of kept us up, if league played too finish.

A large percentage wanted him to remain Hearts boss,Ann had other ideas with the influence of a certain someone behind the scenes,Ann has never been that ruthless she's always been smart, when it comes too business, and it was totally out of her character to not even inform Stendel he wasn't being kept on.

He made it clear to fans and Club,he wanted to stay and build up our club.

Now here's my opinion whether Steven Naismith is willing too play second in command, to someone else coming In i don't know, he may well believe he deserves too be the main man running the show.

What i will say he respects Stendel.

And in my opinion i would give Stendel a proper pre season with him and Naismith, fully implementing from top to bottom at the club what is required too play for a club like Hearts, STANDARDS!!!!

From first team level right down through the academy.

This makes it very clear to all player's at club,what is required to make it as a football player at Hearts.

I would then bring in Dale Tonge who is assistant manager at Peterborough, as a coach and Chris Stern.

Tonge didn't want to leave Tynecastle, and believed with the backing of the Foundation of Heats, something special was brewing and compared the Jambos to Leeds United in that sense.

“Hearts are huge," he told the Yorkshire Post. "The club I can probably relate it to down here is Leeds, in terms of how fanatical the fans are. They pump hundreds of thousands in every month to keep the club going.

“I was gutted to leave as it is something that can become really special. It is a fanatical club, but not so fanatical where they (fans) want to run the club and tell you what to do.

“It was more: ‘We are here to support you, what do you need to keep going?’ It was so rare in football and I only wish them all the best.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-compared-leeds-united-former-19325113.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjNs-KF_Ib_AhVahFwKHazSD3EQFnoECBEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw18WDokxZG1mH4aD0FqD1Cl

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Every time you talk about him you completely avoid the fact our form fell off a cliff at the time he left. He built the dressing room and lost the dressing room. When that happens the manager gets sacked. If it doesn’t happen soon enough then eventually you end up in a sistuation where you’re in the relegation zone like our demotion season. 

Thankfully Ann Budge and the board seem to have learnt their lesson and binned Robbie before a bad situation got worse. 

Hopefully if the next guy can’t get us third he’ll be out the door as well. It’s about time we set standards and made sure those standards were met. We’ve been a jam tomorrow club for far too long. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
4 hours ago, Dazo said:

:cornette:

Jim cornettes face speaks much louder than words for a response here hahaha.

I legit think Daniel stendel is on kickback. 

Bongo 1874
16 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Jim cornettes face speaks much louder than words for a response here hahaha.

I legit think Daniel stendel is on kickback. 

Yep it's amazing Newcastle,win tonight and they have champions league football.

But wait how is that possible? Eddie Howe relegated Bournemouth 🫢🤔🫡.

IQ on football centre of a doughnut.

It's amazing what you can do at a Club when you change the style and culture and get a pre season.

Don't take too much notice though, as the same tits on kickback said ange would be gone by Christmas 🤣🤣🤣.

Have a nice day!!!!

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's amazing what you can do at a Club when you change the style and culture and get a pre season.

Don't take too much notice though, as the same tits on kickback said ange would be gone by Christmas 🤣🤣🤣.

Have a nice day!!!!

Matey I'll have a pint of whatever you're on hahaha. 

Listen I've nothing against herr stendel,seemed a good lad and liked a drink with the fans, he's not the man for the job though! 

Finlay James
14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Have a nice day!!!!

What none of us know is the impact and dynamics behind the scenes.  Was he a good man manager as Naismith appears to be?  Stendel had a vision but he clearly couldn’t communicate it whereas Naismith’ ideas are slowly being bought into and let’s not forget, Stendel had half a season to get it right.

Naismith is coaching guys to play in a system that suits them.  Guys like Cochrane, Atkinson, Haring and our forwards are perfect for a high pressing fluid style.  Stendel tried to shoe horn guys that were nowhere near that level of ability or intelligence and it backfired.  He should have got the basics right defensively to begin with and secured our place in the league and used the following summer to implement his style and bring in the right players.  This shows he lacked awareness but I think if he came in now, he would be more successful.

However, Naismith for me is the better fit for our club and I think we’d be mad to not give him the job full time.  He is going to be a special head coach.

Bazzas right boot

Stendel.......

I wish folk would stay on topic.

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Have a nice day!!!!

Howe spent just short of  £200m in that summer, £140m on 3 players including 1 player for £70m.

But aye, it's all down to culture and style.

Did Stendel get a full summer with Nantes?

Howe is also a good manager,  Stendel wasn't.

I don't think Howe will take the job, a bit out of our reach tbh.