Suitable managers

Sertse

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hahaha. You know when you make an offhand post and then spend the rest of the thread trying to defend criticism of it that you totally agree with? I'm there :D 

Yes, right now we couldn't afford him. 100% don't dispute that and was never trying to argue otherwise!! Everyone who has mentioned that is entirely right! 

If he was sacked, which in England is likely -the average tenure is about 18 months, then we should go for him.  £25k might be the most he ever earns, the project (once he's sacked) might interest him and with him having worked with Savage and McAvoy before, there is a wee reunion with guys he no doubt holds in high esteem (again, once hes sacked!!). That might not be tomorrow, but within the next couple of years, he'd definitely be a manager I'd be keeping an eye on. 

Footballs a weird industry that way. Paulo was earning stupid money at Sporting, then he was managing us not getting paid at all!! :D 

fair enough.  Half of this board claimed he wasn’t good enough last time around lol

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Chuck Berry
23 minutes ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

There's going to be a lot of very disappointed people in this group.

Last manager we appointed that wasn't Robbie Neilson was a German fraud that relegated us.

Before that, Cathro.

We're getting an existing SPFL no-mark.

I fear you may be correct.

Nerja Jambo

Just show some ambition Hearts and pay way more than we normally would do. 50% of FOH donations would help.

maroonsgotop
5 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Paul Lambert interviewed already I hear. 

I believe Specsavers now also provide hearing aids

heartsfc_fan
5 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Wait...so between the announcement today (at, what circa 4:30-5pm) we've already interviewed someone? I'd be surprised.

GorgieFifeLife

Naismith will get it until end of season.  If he does well the job will be his.  Up and coming European managers are looking for bigger jobs than us.  If it’s a foreign manager they will be an unknown.  It could be another manager from the Scottish Merry-go-round.  I think Naismith will get it in the end but I wonder if Steve Clarke might be interested in the job while also doing the Scotland job.  I’m thinking out loud on that one, someone will say not thinking at all!  I think he would do well with us but not obviously a long shot.

32 minutes ago, Cambo_Jambo said:

There's going to be a lot of very disappointed people in this group.

Last manager we appointed that wasn't Robbie Neilson was a German fraud that relegated us.

Before that, Cathro.

We're getting an existing SPFL no-mark.

Strong rumours Ann already has her man,

Nobbie Reilson

image.png.b69457a9c6ba97a3dd61b78e0b3d1fe9.png

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I smell shite

Just repeating what I heard from someone close to the club🤷‍♂️

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Strong rumours Ann already has her man,

Nobbie Reilson

image.png.b69457a9c6ba97a3dd61b78e0b3d1fe9.png

He looks vaguely familiar, didn't he used to manage Mearts of Hidlothian? could be a good option.

4 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Wait...so between the announcement today (at, what circa 4:30-5pm) we've already interviewed someone? I'd be surprised.

Not out of the realm of possibility. Behind the scenes they could have been planning for a couple of weeks already. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Canscot said:

:glorious:

Knutsen from Bodo would be the dream appointment.

Works wonders on a tight budget, European experience and a clear style of play/philosophy.

Will never happen though.

Whoever the new manager is, I hope its nobody currently in Scotland. I wouldnt have any of them!!!

No “experiments” either. 

21 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Hiya, it's Paul Lambo Lambert here, can I have the job?

No, **** off.

Interview over

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Fair enough. Don’t believe it to be true. The man is the exact opposite of what we need.

1 hour ago, R9. said:

What about Karl Robinson ? Out of work at the moment been having a look on transfermarkt with managers out of work the top 15 Scottish managers are absolutely bogging.

7C49E3D7-CFE7-4037-8AF3-E1A1C2C0A78A.jpeg

I've seen some shocking lists of potential managers but that one takes the biscuit.

4 minutes ago, ericb said:

I suspect McEvoy may get the job short term and possibly long term. 

Long term? No chance 

34 minutes ago, 151 said:

I asked earlier on the board thread about who sacks Robbie but can someone explain the structure to me? 

As in, who is hiring the new manager? Before it was of course Budge but she has handed over control to FoH so who has the say now and how does it look?

I would imagine it would consist of Budge, McKinley and Savage with final approval coming from the wider board. 

I.e those 3 interview the candidates and feed back to the board their thoughts with a collective final decision. 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fair enough. Don’t believe it to be true. The man is the exact opposite of what we need.

Don’t know enough about him TBH. You could be totally correct. 

I hope we go foreign. Foreign managers seem to do better against the old firm for us. Would love a manager that manages to get us consistently winning away from home. Our home form is normally really good, but away we are more often than not honking.

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I hope we go foreign. Foreign managers seem to do better against the old firm for us. Would love a manager that manages to get us consistently winning away from home. Our home form is normally really good, but away we are more often than not honking.

Maybe one of these Prague or Scandinavian teams that perform well and develop young players

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Really can't see Savage and McKinleys first managerial appointment for the club being the St Mirren manager.

Libertarian
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Really can't see Savage and McKinleys first managerial appointment for the club being the St Mirren manager.

I wouldn't be upset if we appointed Robinson 

Paul Lambert started well enough in his managerial career but it's not been great latterly and his style of football is generally regarded as boring.

Also, I dunno why this has stuck with me but I was always irritated that when he left Dortmund he didn't bother to write the sign in German and the position of that apostrophe.

imago0000034006s.jpg

ScandinavianJambo
5 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Assumptive click bait with zero substance

That'll be that then...

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I wouldn't be upset if we appointed Robinson 

We need to aim higher I think. 

hmfc_liam06
12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It won’t be 👍

26 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Would show a shocking lack of ambition. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Going to be a lot of very disappointed people 

Yeah, but those unsuccessful applicants will soon have another vacancy to apply for!

Oh, wait, that's not the people you were talking about! 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

He looks vaguely familiar, didn't he used to manage Mearts of Hidlothian? could be a good option.

image.thumb.png.8a38f96aca27162d28846ba9db5eb832.png

I hear this guy has coached down south and internationally..... 

Famous 1874

The likes of Robinson, Lambert & O’Neil are not upgrades on Neilson. No chance will we be looking at them. Instead I’d want us to be speaking to the likes of:

1. Chris Wilder (currently at Watford until the end of the season but is expected to leave. Been seen at Hearts games and was previously linked to Aberdeen)

2. Kjetil Knutsen (Bodo/Glimt)

3. Marti Cifuentes (Hammarby IF)

4. Kieran McKenna (Ipswich)

plus a few others 

Unsure how realistic a lot of these names are. I’d rather we’d be told no than go for some uninspiring appointment such as a Robinson.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Agree.

I'm hoping we unveil someone good Monday or Tues.

4 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The likes of Robinson, Lambert & O’Neil are not upgrades on Neilson. No chance will we be looking at them. Instead I’d want us to be speaking to the likes of:

1. Chris Wilder (currently at Watford until the end of the season but is expected to leave. Been seen at Hearts games and was previously linked to Aberdeen)

plus a few others 

Unsure how realistic a lot of these names are. I’d rather we’d be told no than go for some uninspiring appointment such as a Robinson.

No chance of McKenna 

WheatfieldWarrior
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

plus a few others 

I think Robinson would be ok, but uninspiring.  A safe pair of hands would be McInnes, but would like to see a more inspiring option unveiled.  I'd like to see someone that can reasonably deliver 3rd take the helm.  I don't want to go through that caretaker bs again.

Enquiry was made for Anthony Barry, Chelsea Assistant, looks like he’s stalled on a move to Bayern as he wants a managers role. Also looking to leave Chelsea asap as he doesn’t get on with Frank Lamapard.

Edited by NM6742

indianajones
5 minutes ago, NM6742 said:

Enquiry was made for Anthony Barry, Chelsea Assistant, looks like he’s stalled on a move to Bayern as he wants a managers role. Also looking to leave Chelsea asap as he doesn’t get on with Frank Lamapard.

He could be barry. 

bigsuperslim1874

I just want someone with a bit of tactical nous and won’t give a damn about the gruesomes. I really wanted Robbie to succeed - surely we all did - but his tinkering in games vs them were off the charts awful. That Sevco game with Snodgrass, McKay and Kuol in midfield…..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I don’t see anyone currently in Scotland who would be a statement of intent.

asomerville

I drove Mike Tullberg after his BVB youth team had played at Easter Rd a few weeks ago. He loved his time at Tynecastle and would love to come back to Edinburgh his kids wear Hearts tops all the time. His BVB team played some good football against Hibs 

4 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

I just want someone with a bit of tactical nous and won’t give a damn about the gruesomes. I really wanted Robbie to succeed - surely we all did - but his tinkering in games vs them were off the charts awful. That Sevco game with Snodgrass, McKay and Kuol in midfield…..🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I don’t see anyone currently in Scotland who would be a statement of intent.

I’m with you on this. I want a Paulo Sergio-esq manager that doesn’t see Scottish football the way we do. Fearless and has his own ideas