• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bigfatskinnyjambo97

• pettigrewsstylist

• Pasquale for King

• Vlad Magic

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, Carter said:

I've never really expressed any views on Rowles on here. Some of the praise bordered on hysteria. He got better with every week he was out injured earlier in the season it seemed. 

There was a passage of play away in Zurich where CG saved us towards the end of the game with a top save low to his left following a break away. Rowles was absolutely skinned for pace and just couldn't get back. That's stuck with me along with his inability to contend with a physical forward in this league - Van Veen, Main etc. 

Don't get the hype. Hope I'm wrong but looks decidedly average to me much of the time. We need to get far better at player trading so hopefully a good bid does materialise.

Fletcher hosed all over him, and then did it again a few months later.

Always learning.

To be fair on lad he has done a lot of good stuff and im glad he is here.

Big season for him coming up tho IMO.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I dont think James Hill is our biggest problem to be honest, nor do I think is he ever going to be a star. One of the few who looked bothered on Saturday along with the captain. Gino did to begin with before getting fed up with the lack of service, and when eventually he did, a lack of support. Shankland even tried to strangle one of their players to wake his colleagues out of slumber

Stuart McNeill

The 5-0 win over Aberdeen made him look world class.

Only got more shit since. Looks like he's towing a caravan in the sand during games.

Never one to say this but would happily never seen him on the pitch again. 

RustyRightPeg

Fair play to the lad. 

To the supporter shouting at him if you’re on here, grow up. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Fair play to the lad. 

To the supporter shouting at him if you’re on here, grow up. 

If that was all he/she shouted Hill got off lightly.😀

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, deejtee said:

If that was all he/she shouted Hill got off lightly.😀

Doesn’t matter. I get abuse comes with football, part & parcel and all that but he’s falling victim to our shite system too. 

I dare say if he was asked to just be a centre back in a back 4 he’d look a whole lot better than this ball playing wide centre back that Neilson needs in the shite system. 

billybalfour

Well said by the lad.He has a lot to learn and reading a situation is one of them.I do think he gives 100% so no complaints on that scale.I hope his performances improve as he is one of several who aren't performing well.

bigfatskinnyjambo97

Fair play to Jimmy Hill. Would rather a player had this kind of passion than someone like Barrie McKay who no doubt bitches about the fans on his wee WhatsApp groups. 

You're forgiven. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Fletcher hosed all over him, and then did it again a few months later.

Always learning.

To be fair on lad he has done a lot of good stuff and im glad he is here.

Big season for him coming up tho IMO.

Fletcher hosed Rowles as well.

What about that?

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What about that?

It WAS Rowles that the post you quoted was about.

Sleepy head
46 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Doesn’t matter. I get abuse comes with football, part & parcel and all that but he’s falling victim to our shite system too. 

I dare say if he was asked to just be a centre back in a back 4 he’d look a whole lot better than this ball playing wide centre back that Neilson needs in the shite system. 

He looked more assured when he played right hand side of a two second half saturday. Mind before his injury, Neilson came up with the bright idea that Halkett was going to be a right of the three centre back. Now that wouldn't be so bad if there was a dominant centre half in the centre but he WAS the dominant centre half of the three beforehand.

Dick Dastardly
29 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

Fair play to Jimmy Hill. Would rather a player had this kind of passion than someone like Barrie McKay who no doubt bitches about the fans on his wee WhatsApp groups. 

You're forgiven. 

Strange comment. 

bigfatskinnyjambo97
8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Strange comment. 

Is it? I think you'll find plenty of Anti-McKay comments on here without looking very hard. 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

Is it? I think you'll find plenty of Anti-McKay comments on here without looking very hard. 

It's not the fact it was anti Mckay, its the fact it was a strange comment. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
35 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

It WAS Rowles that the post you quoted was about.

😂 fair dues.

I made my feelings about our defence known in pre-season. We were all over the place defensively then under any kind of pressure and not much has changed. 

We need to role back a couple of months to the 4 or 5 games where we had clean sheets successfully and look at what has changed.

Fair play to him apologising. He shouldn't have bit back, but I'm also not sure being told to go back to Bournemouth is really a great shout either. I'm not overly convinced he's better than what we need but there's been absolutely nothing wrong with his application or effort.

Time to draw a line under it and move on.

bigfatskinnyjambo97
18 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It's not the fact it was anti Mckay, its the fact it was a strange comment. 

Not really. Relates to his lack of passion on the pitch and the fact that he doesn't interact with the fans when he scores (which admittedly isn't often). 

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

FB_IMG_1679334473359.jpg

Fair play. Looked good when he first got here, less so now. Really don't think he is the problem.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

FB_IMG_1679334473359.jpg

Can't argue with that.

No need to shout pish like that to him.

I know more than most that emotions can get the better of you 🙄 

James Hill looked very good when he first arrived and he is definitely a good player.

Dick Dastardly
18 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

Not really. Relates to his lack of passion on the pitch and the fact that he doesn't interact with the fans when he scores (which admittedly isn't often). 

How does any of that relate to some snidey, made up theory about McKay bitching to his friends on WhatsApp? If you want to critise him for his performance then go for it. Making up childish non stories is just pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I am glad he cleared up the reason for arguing with the fan. I hope he does his talking on the pitch now.

Exactly, that’s him and Shankland had their say. Time to do it on the pitch. 

Watt-Zeefuik
9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I am glad he cleared up the reason for arguing with the fan. I hope he does his talking on the pitch now.

TBF he wasn't wrong, he's always played hard, still not something he should be yelling at FT to a fan who's made an expensive journey north to watch that. Glad he apologized.

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Second time today he’s started rumours without substance.

It's strange behaviour. Plenty of others at it too. I have absolutely no problem with people criticising a players performance but making up bizarre stories is just weirdo patter. 

bigfatskinnyjambo97
34 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How does any of that relate to some snidey, made up theory about McKay bitching to his friends on WhatsApp? If you want to critise him for his performance then go for it. Making up childish non stories is just pathetic. 

It was an anecdote ya weapon. A joke, a laugh, satire... Ever heard of these concepts? 

bigfatskinnyjambo97
6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Second time today he’s started rumours without substance.

What else have I said? Can only remember one 'rumour' which was actually a joke ya melter. 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

It was an anecdote ya weapon. A joke, a laugh, satire... Ever heard of these concepts? 

I've heard of them, yes. What you posted was nowhere in the vicinity of those words, ya weapon. 

bigfatskinnyjambo97

I suppose it's hard to convey tone/delivery over a message. But it was clearly a joke. Perhaps you could try to lighten up a bit and take your tongue out of wee McKay's arsepiece.

2 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

What else have I said? Can only remember one 'rumour' which was actually a joke ya melter. 

Ahhhh. It was a joke 👍

Now I’m in tune with your sense of humour I’ll know what to look out for.

Robbie dyes his pubes ginger btw 👍

bigfatskinnyjambo97
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Ahhhh. It was a joke 👍

Now I’m in tune with your sense of humour I’ll know what to look out for.

Robbie dyes his pubes ginger btw 👍

Wow. Utterly pathetic response. 

What other non founded rumours have I started? 

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

I suppose it's hard to convey tone/delivery over a message. But it was clearly a joke. Perhaps you could try to lighten up a bit and take your tongue out of wee McKay's arsepiece.

If you could learn to read properly you would see that i said i have no problem with players being criticised for performance. How does that mean I've got my tongue in wee McKay's arsepiece? 

bigfatskinnyjambo97
Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

If you could learn to read properly you would see that i said i have no problem with players being criticised for performance. How does that mean I've got my tongue in wee McKay's arsepiece? 

Nice one. Bit rich questioning my reading abilities given that I more than likely have more academic qualifications than you, but you do you son. Wasn't even criticizing his performances - was a bit of patter. You've got your tongue in his arsepiece because of how defensive you're getting about a simple bit of shan patter. Away to yer bed! Get some rest. 

4 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

Wow. Utterly pathetic response. 

What other non founded rumours have I started? 

Im out.

bigfatskinnyjambo97
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Im out.

Vlad Magic: "second time today he's started rumours without substance" 

We've established the first one was a joke, not a rumour. The second one you haven't mentioned. If you're going to level those accusations at someone it's usually appropriate to say what they are when asked. 

But aye, do us both a favour and take your chuntering nonsense off to bed!

Some of the criticism of Hill is ridiculous. He's had a couple of dodgy games but he's still definitely got ability IMO. Part of the problem is that when he tries to play the ball out of defence he's often short of options - and that highlights the fact that the biggest issue in the team just now is the midfield, not the defence. 

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

Nice one. Bit rich questioning my reading abilities given that I more than likely have more academic qualifications than you, but you do you son. Wasn't even criticizing his performances - was a bit of patter. You've got your tongue in his arsepiece because of how defensive you're getting about a simple bit of shan patter. Away to yer bed! Get some rest. 

It wasn’t patter, though. It was a snidey wee comment made to try and demean one of our players for no reason. I pulled you up on it and you gave some waffle about his lack of passion. Utter garbage. 

I'm sure your expansive array of alleged academic qualifications makes you feel vastly superior but, in reality, it means heehaw to me. 

Someone who claims such an education and then resorts to name calling and put downs is just embarrassing themselves. 

bigfatskinnyjambo97
18 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It wasn’t patter, though. It was a snidey wee comment made to try and demean one of our players for no reason. I pulled you up on it and you gave some waffle about his lack of passion. Utter garbage. 

I'm sure your expansive array of alleged academic qualifications makes you feel vastly superior but, in reality, it means heehaw to me. 

Someone who claims such an education and then resorts to name calling and put downs is just embarrassing themselves. 

If that's how you interpreted it then that's upto you. But you're wrong. 'Pulled me up on it', behave yourself mate. 

Great use of vocubulary. No, I don't think having a degree makes me superior. You were the one who got personal and started the 'name calling' by questioning my ability to read. You made it personal for no reason after I replied in a civilised way to a comment where you accused me of 'creating rumours' by telling a simple, Shan wee joke. Seems like you're the one with superiority complex by trying to belittle me for lack of reading ability! But when I tell you that's not the case and that I'm actually a learned man, you accuse me of the very thing that you're guilty of. Not sure what your problem is but think you need a good night's sleep and three points at Killie. Good night! 

Edited by bigfatskinnyjambo97

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What about that?

Look at post. Thats who i was referring to.