DVD's onto Mobile Phones?

Italian Lambretta

Italian Lambretta

I want to put a couple of my DVD films onto my mobile, so I can watch when travelling.

Anyone know the best way to do this?

I have a Sony Ericsson K800i with a 4GB memory stick

You'll be straining your eyes with such a tiny screen! I imagine that the K800 would struggle when trying to cope with such large files too.

I want to put a couple of my DVD films onto my mobile, so I can watch when travelling.

Anyone know the best way to do this?

I have a Sony Ericsson K800i with a 4GB memory stick

Why not just buy the Portable DVD player, I got 1 from Amazon, A Panasonic, for ?49.99 to take on Holiday, Ideal for Movies etc...Kids Loved it!!

rumbles1874

i have the w880i and it holds a full dvd but you do have the ablity to compress the file if you use the sony cd rom only problem is the sreen size

My N95 8GB came with Spiderman 3 on it. Not too bad for watching either, surprisingly enough.

Would eat the battery life though I would imagine.

jack D and coke
My N95 8GB came with Spiderman 3 on it. Not too bad for watching either, surprisingly enough.

Would eat the battery life though I would imagine.

Does eat it up but i managed to watch it all.

Does anybody know how to put other movies on it? Does the software that comes with the phone do it?

Rip the dvd to your desk top (I use dvd shrink it's simple and it's free) then you have to convert it to a file your phone will use, you might have software for this with the phone, but I use a brilliant programme called AVS video convertor, which cost me ?15, but it's excellent. Also you'll get about 16 full length movies on that 4gb card, which is amazing.

BUT

If you've got time to watch a movie, you don't want to watch it on a phone. I thought it would be brilliant, but it's arse. I have several films on my phone as well as episodes of Doctor Who and My Name Is Earl that I have never watched. If I have the time, I have the time to sit down and watch them on the dvd player, or even on my lap top.

Stand up comedy works though, you can watch in it five minute bursts, on the bog, outside having a fag etc.

Get a portable dvd player, the only reason I haven't is that I've got my lap top.

there is a program called Handbrake which is good for this.

gives options for multiple formats.

http://handbrake.fr

i have been using it lately, works a treat.

Archived