Hibs starting season ticket campaign in February

Bozi

avhudtheteeshirt

Apparently they have gone 6 games unbeaten, so they must think now is the time?

After they've played both old firm teams in the run in to the split, the fans will be asking for a returns policy!!! 

3 hours ago, been here before said:

A team thats in a higher league position than a shit mid table yo-yo club.

A team that horsed a shit mid table yo-yo club out of the Scottish Cup 3-0 on their own ground.

Apologies in advance if the above causes you any distress.

None at all. But we are only five points ahead of this “shit” team. Does that make us “shit+”?

As to the cup game, you’ll know well enough that Hibs on another day might well have taken the lead.
It was a great result in the end for Hearts, but let’s not kid ourselves that 3-0 didn’t flatter us.

38 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

You just don’t know me well enough. 

I can only go by what I read on here tbf

32 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

None at all. But we are only five points ahead of this “shit” team. Does that make us “shit+”?

As to the cup game, you’ll know well enough that Hibs on another day might well have taken the lead.
It was a great result in the end for Hearts, but let’s not kid ourselves that 3-0 didn’t flatter us.

Jesus 

been here before
34 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

:rofl:

You really are hurting!

By your reckoning Rangers are shit++ and Celtic are shit+++

As for your cup game reckoning, well....

Edited by been here before

Who needs to bother buying a H1b5 season ticket when there are so many empty seats.  I guy at my work (not a H1b5 fan) went to the Killie game on Saturday with his mate.  The tickets cost him £5.

Can't wait to see their accounts.  Tick tock.....

21 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Who needs to bother buying a H1b5 season ticket when there are so many empty seats.  I guy at my work (not a H1b5 fan) went to the Killie game on Saturday with his mate.  The tickets cost him £5.

Can't wait to see their accounts.  Tick tock.....

I like that you can still read the HFC acronym on their stand facing the camera , even after the first whistle . Helps people remember who they are when laughing at their shite attendances 😄 

7 hours ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

You really are hurting!

By your reckoning Rangers are shit++ and Celtic are shit+++

As for your cup game reckoning, well....

“Hurting”? Because I’m objective enough to say we’ve rode our luck recently?

We beat Dundee United 3-1 at Tynecastle recently. They could have added 2-3 goals before Shanks scored, in my opinion.

Is that view evidence of “hurting” also?

been here before
14 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

We beat Dundee United 3-1 at Tynecastle recently. They could have added 2-3 goals before Shanks scored, in my opinion.

Aye, that and just spraffing shite if we're being honest.

Hearts have been winning, you're no happy, got to greet about something so its all 'it could have been, they should have had' etc. Any reason you can muster or imagine.

On the plus side though we lost on Sunday so why not just sit back and enjoy it?

Edited by been here before

On 20/02/2023 at 23:52, Thunder and Lightning said:

Have they not done this more than they should? I'm sure they release them well before people expect. Not February tho.

I would agree that's not a good sign. 

Hopefully they are hemorrhaging cash at an alarming rate. 😂 

They definitely launched their STs much earlier than we did last season, though certainly not in February, possibly April.

The thing is, if a club starts selling STs this early it can only be a sign that they have cashflow issues.  That's fine if it's a short term issue and you can get the cashflow back on track.  However, if you're continually launching ST sales early it means you're continually running out of cash before the current season comes to a close, and the earlier you launch the ST sales means the earlier you're running out of the current season's cash.

10 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Objective would be taking in to account our start to the season where we had to play European games and then fly home to play the old firm , with the spine of our first choice eleven injured and still ending up five points clear in third ……….. but no to some people apparently being objective is making out victories were lucky and some other flaky Aunty had balls non sense 

Edited by Sooks

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2023 at 20:37, been here before said:

Aye, that and just spraffing shite if we're being honest.

Hearts have been winning, you're no happy, got to greet about something so its all 'it could have been, they should have had' etc. Any reason you can muster or imagine.

On the plus side though we lost on Sunday so why not just sit back and enjoy it?

I’m always happy to see Hearts winning.

I do realise though there are times in games when we might just have to admit to ourselves that we got the rub of the green on the day.

That’s how football works in my view. How do you think it works? We won = flawless performance?

8 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I do realise though there are times in games when we might just have to admit to ourselves that we got the rub of the green on the day.

That’s how football works in my view. How do you think it works? We won = flawless performance?

Did you get all that from watching TV highlights  ? :whistling:

Pasquale for King

They’ve certainly done better recently unfortunately, that and the death of Ron Gordon will probably convince some to sign up for more torture. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

No - all my own work. Why do you ask?

On 21/02/2023 at 12:49, Sooks said:

I can only go by what I read on here tbf

Jesus 

Porty beach consistently posts rebuttal to slagging of hibs.

If he's a Hearts supporter he's not very fond of a laugh at our neighbours.

Quick to point out Hearts faults though.

We shot on target.

Could've should've scored more.

Now stop licking hibs bottom for 5 minutes.

15 minutes ago, Ked said:

We shot on target.

🤮 

8 hours ago, Ked said:

We shot on target.

Hibs? Where do they come into this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/03/2023 at 20:45, luckydug said:

Still think I’m wrong?

On 06/03/2023 at 22:38, Ked said:

We shot on target.

Still think I’m wrong?

On 22/02/2023 at 07:04, Sooks said:

Objective would be taking in to account our start to the season where we had to play European games and then fly home to play the old firm , with the spine of our first choice eleven injured and still ending up five points clear in third ……….. but no to some people apparently being objective is making out victories were lucky and some other flaky Aunty had balls non sense 

Still think my comments were off the mark?

Still think my comments were off the mark?

I am annoyed and frustrated after yesterday . Frankly I do not appreciate coming on here to read you gloating about us getting beaten by pulling up a post from a month ago , but for each their own 

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

I am annoyed and frustrated after yesterday . Frankly I do not appreciate coming on here to read you gloating about us getting beaten by pulling up a post from a month ago , but for each their own 

I’m certainly not gloating.

I read the Aberdeen v Hearts thread last night and what was evident was that there was a significant number of posters  echoing my point on this thread: that despite some welcome results, we were guilty of performing poorly in some games.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t think I saw posts from yourself - and others who dismissed my view - arguing your point on the Aberdeen thread.

It just struck me as a bit odd?

9 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I’m certainly not gloating.

I read the Aberdeen v Hearts thread last night and what was evident was that there was a significant number of posters  echoing my point on this thread: that despite some welcome results, we were guilty of performing poorly in some games.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t think I saw posts from yourself - and others who dismissed my view - arguing your point on the Aberdeen thread.

It just struck me as a bit odd?

No you are gloating and point scoring with Hearts supporters because we got beaten by Aberdeen . Dress it up however you like 

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/03/2023 at 06:01, Sooks said:

No you are gloating and point scoring with Hearts supporters because we got beaten by Aberdeen . Dress it up however you like 

Why would I gloat? I’ve been following Hearts since I was a schoolboy in the late 1960s. 
I was at the 0-2 Kilmarnock game when we blew the title. I was at Hampden in 1968 and 1976. I endured the wilderness years when we couldn’t buy a win against Hibs, the relegation years, the failure of 1985-86 (and yes, I was at Dens and Hampden).

To suggest I’d “gloat” about a Hearts defeat is beyond ludicrous.

You don’t know me and  you don’t know what you’re talking about. 
The simple fact is I think I’m entitled to say Hearts are underperforming without it being a signal for you and others to attack me and not the point I’m making.

I’d have more respect for you and your “pals” opinions if I saw you tackling various posters - such as on the thread I mentioned  - telling them why they’re wrong to say Hearts are underperforming. 
Sadly, you all appear to be posted missing. Funny that.

How much are they putting their prices up by? They will struggle without Ron Gordon there to put more money in. 

One to watch for us too - I wonder what a ‘reasonable’ price increase in STs would be for us. 

18 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Why would I gloat? I’ve been following Hearts since I was a schoolboy in the late 1960s. 
I was at the 0-2 Kilmarnock game when we blew the title. I was at Hampden in 1968 and 1976. I endured the wilderness years when we couldn’t buy a win against Hibs, the relegation years, the failure of 1985-86 (and yes, I was at Dens and Hampden).

To suggest I’d “gloat” about a Hearts defeat is beyond ludicrous.

You don’t know me and  you don’t know what you’re talking about. 
The simple fact is I think I’m entitled to say Hearts are underperforming without it being a signal for you and others to attack me and not the point I’m making.

I’d have more respect for you and your “pals” opinions if I saw you tackling various posters - such as on the thread I mentioned  - telling them why they’re wrong to say Hearts are underperforming. 
Sadly, you all appear to be posted missing. Funny that.

Excellent job with the righteous indignation and still managing to sneak in references to Hearts blowing the league twice and our ancient not so good record against Hibs back in antiquity

2 hours ago, Ron Maroon said:

How much are they putting their prices up by? They will struggle without Ron Gordon there to put more money in. 

One to watch for us too - I wonder what a ‘reasonable’ price increase in STs would be for us. 

Here are their 23/24 & 22/23 announcements, if that's any help:-

Hibs Season Tickets 23/24:-

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/2023-24-season-tickets-on-sale-now

Hibs Season Tickets 22/23:-

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/2022-23-season-tickets-on-sale-now

Screenshot_20230405_164128_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230405_164212_Messenger.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Excellent job with the righteous indignation and still managing to sneak in references to Hearts blowing the league twice and our ancient not so good record against Hibs back in antiquity

Thanks, but I don’t do or need “righteous indignation”.

As for the club’s failures, they are simply a matter of record.
Maybe you need to come to terms with that and not get upset when someone mentions it - especially from someone who had a ringside seat.

11 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Thanks, but I don’t do or need “righteous indignation”.

As for the club’s failures, they are simply a matter of record.
Maybe you need to come to terms with that and not get upset when someone mentions it - especially from someone who had a ringside seat.

I was just impressed to be honest with you . Takes a bit of skill to still have a dig while pleading innocence 

On 06/04/2023 at 07:50, Sooks said:

I was just impressed to be honest with you . Takes a bit of skill to still have a dig while pleading innocence 

This all started because I stated I felt Hearts had been underperforming and I cited the home game v Dundee United as an example.

Interesting you mention the word “ honest”. Are you being “honest” in opposing my view that Hearts have been underperforming in recent matches?

Is it honest to ignore my point but instead choose to misdirect by accusing me of “having a dig” and “gloating”??
Are you seriously contending I’ve got this wrong?

Following the Aberdeen and Killie matches, the threads on both contain a blizzard of views similar to mine.
As I said previously, you appear to be conspicuously absent on these threads. Is that an honest approach from someone who appears to regard criticism of Hearts as taboo? Why aren’t you on there telling them they’re all wrong, too?

43 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

This all started because I stated I felt Hearts had been underperforming and I cited the home game v Dundee United as an example.

Interesting you mention the word “ honest”. Are you being “honest” in opposing my view that Hearts have been underperforming in recent matches?

Is it honest to ignore my point but instead choose to misdirect by accusing me of “having a dig” and “gloating”??
Are you seriously contending I’ve got this wrong?

Following the Aberdeen and Killie matches, the threads on both contain a blizzard of views similar to mine.
As I said previously, you appear to be conspicuously absent on these threads. Is that an honest approach from someone who appears to regard criticism of Hearts as taboo? Why aren’t you on there telling them they’re all wrong, too?

No I never said any thing about that view of yours . I was just impressed that you managed to feign being insulted and righteously indignant and at the same time drop in Hearts losing the league on the last day of the season twice and that decades ago we had an anomalous poor run against Hibs . Just impressed that is all , it takes some work to pull that off even poorly  

Just now, Sooks said:

No I never said any thing about that view of yours . I was just impressed that you managed to feign being insulted and righteously indignant and at the same time drop in Hearts losing the league on the last day of the season twice and that decades ago we had an anomalous poor run against Hibs . Just impressed that is all , it takes some work to pull that off even poorly  

He mentioned he was at them because it was suggested he isn't a Hearts fan.

I appreciate what are historical facts don't suit your the Hearts board/ manager can do no wrong ever mantra.

18 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

He mentioned he was at them because it was suggested he isn't a Hearts fan.

I appreciate what are historical facts don't suit your the Hearts board/ manager can do no wrong ever mantra.

May be you need to read posts a wee bit more carefully , I am far from happy with Neilson and the current run of results . The board I am happy enough with right enough 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

May be you need to read posts a wee bit more carefully , I am far from happy with Neilson and the current run of results . The board I am happy enough with right enough 

I'll watch out for that. It wasn’t my impression.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You didn’t have an opinion on my view? 
What does this mean, then: “…to some people apparently being objective ismaking out victories were lucky and some other flaky Auntyhad balls non sense”.?

You do really need to stop taking criticism of Hearts as a personal slight or viewing such criticism as automatically negative.

And you never did answer my question as to why you weren’t on these other threads challenging similar criticisms of recent Hearts performances…

6 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'll watch out for that. It wasn’t my impression.

No bother , your impression was wrong 

19 hours ago, Sooks said:

No bother , your impression was wrong 

If his impression is incorrect, why did you argue I was wrong to suggest Hearts had underperformed in some recent games?

Or is just that criticism from me is unacceptable compared to your alleged criticism (not that I recall seeing any)?

“HMFC 1965” rightly said my comments about matches I had attended were prompted by being accused of not being a Hearts fan.

Any objective reading of the correspondence would have led to this conclusion.
But what do I get from you? An attempt instead to misdirect and mislead by suggesting my comments were about “gloating” over Hearts’ poor form, that I was “feigning indignation”. Dearie me.
Not answering questions and misdirection. Are you a politician, by any chance?