Hibs starting season ticket campaign in February

Bozi

They need to strike while the iron is hot . They have been shite for the vast majority of the season and who knows how long this wee purple patch will last 

25 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Just did a double take on this, is this the earliest this has ever happened? Surely they aren't that skint that they are trying to get money in now?

Always a sign of financial distress, I think i do remember them selling in February before though

Sure it's around this time every year..And the year they got relegated they were up in arms at being charged SPL season ticket prices and then ended up getting 1st division games ... Oh Hibs.

Pretty sure they did the same last year. Interesting I guess, but perhaps makes sense. Depending on how many they shift, might influence how much Wee Lee gets to spend in the summer.

Thought Police

As others have said, they're striking while on the up and can sniff European football. If they wait until after their next three games (Livi, Rangers, Celtic) then there may be a bit less interest.

Just now, Thought Police said:

As others have said, they're striking while on the up and can sniff European football. If they wait until after their next three games (Livi, Rangers, Celtic) then there may be a bit less interest.

Ron’s got his eyes on a hacienda in Peru to retire to leaving his son to conclude the sale of the methodome to Aldis and the sale of the coo field to Hoseasons

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Ron’s got his eyes on a hacienda in Peru to retire to leaving his son to conclude the sale of the methodome to Aldis and the sale of the coo field to Hoseasons

Don't mean to clamp, but Ron's got cancer at the moment, I think they're having to run without external funding after building up running costs.

May as well strike while the iron is hot. Their fans seem to have forgiven and forgotten how bad they were/are and how much they wanted streaky lee oot. The club know the wee streak could end at any moment (with Livi away, Rangers at home and Celtic away coming up, they’ll be desperate for fast sales over the next week or two).

Seriously though - this has to be some kind of record - they must be needing 💴 👀

I mean February 20th ffs - 14 or so games left in this season and they’re flogging them. Utterly desperate and bizarre. A 3rd of this season still to go 🤣🤣 is there another club in the U.K. so desperate ?  I’m calling it they are screwed financially 

Edited by 1971fozzy

16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I mean February 20th ffs - 14 or so games left in this season and they’re flogging them. Utterly desperate and bizarre. A 3rd of this season still to go 🤣🤣 is there another club in the U.K. so desperate ?  I’m calling it they are screwed financially 

It's a clear 5 months before the season starts, that's pretty crazy.

1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Tapping in to the "5 points behind" feelgood factor

But some think - despite being only five points behind - “They're a shit middle table yo yo club.”

Mmm…

7 minutes ago, Ked said:

So

So, we all enjoy a dig at Hibs - but let’s do it when it makes sense to do so.

If they are a “shit middle table yo yo club” - but are only five points behind us - what does that make us?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

But some think - despite being only five points behind - “They're a shit middle table yo yo club.”

Mmm…

Cant be many teams relegated more than us in the last decade 🤔😢?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Maybe it's to get their existing season ticket holders to renew early with all those on the waiting list champing at the bit to get their hands on precious tickets as early as possible.

Oh wait I may have got that wrong :smile:

2 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

If they are a “shit middle table yo yo club” - but are only five points behind us - what does that make us?

5 points clear put them out the cup unbeaten in 10 .

Making sense to you yet ?

10 minutes ago, Ked said:

5 points clear put them out the cup unbeaten in 10 .

Making sense to you yet ?

I don’t believe those stats in themselves merit us being overly cocky. You obviously do.

7 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I don’t believe those stats in themselves merit us being overly cocky. You obviously do.

Rub it in at every opportunity 😚

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Maybe it's to get their existing season ticket holders to renew early with all those on the waiting list champing at the bit to get their hands on precious tickets as early as possible.

Oh wait I may have got that wrong :smile:

Yeah bound to be a Queue in the morning or will that be at Boots 🤔😜?

2 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

I wonder how many under 65s are masquerading as pensioners to get their seat cheaper. Seems a uniquely Hibs thing

Don’t forget the mature students 😂

1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

I wonder how many under 65s are masquerading as pensioners to get their seat cheaper. Seems a uniquely Hibs thing

apparently they’ve put their oap STs up by more than their standard STs 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Expensive crock Boyles last minute 1 pointer takes pride in place in their new promotional video. 

Its really not that good.

Aye that’ll lose it’s funny side quite quickly  if they finish a point ahead of us for 3rd 😟

Thunder and Lightning
7 hours ago, Smithee said:

Don't mean to clamp, but Ron's got cancer at the moment, I think they're having to run without external funding after building up running costs.

Why has funding been stopped? Where did you hear that?

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

He doesnt pay a penny out his own pocket with it being a soft loan.  They just sold Doig in the summer, Porteous Jan and Nisbet in the summer.  Don't they have any money problems even though they have signed a pile of shite. 

2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I haven't heard it, other than speculation, but it makes sense. They got rid of a few in January and didn't do much incoming business. We know that the club's being run by the CEO and Ron's lad while he recuperates, and the January window combined with STs going on sale this early would suggest a degree of financial hardship that wasn't there when Ron was in good health.

It's supposition, but that's why I said I think 👍

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I haven't heard it, other than speculation, but it makes sense. They got rid of a few in January and didn't do much incoming business. We know that the club's being run by the CEO and Ron's lad while he recuperates, and the January window combined with STs going on sale this early would suggest a degree of financial hardship that wasn't there when Ron was in good health.

It's supposition, but that's why I said I think 👍

Fair enough, just wondered if there was a bit of substance to it. 

Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

Fair enough, just wondered if there was a bit of substance to it. 

I keep a vague eye on dotnet, it's been supposed over there and shouted down of course, but that doesn't mean anything.

STs going on sale is a strong red flag, not necessarily that they're in trouble, but quite possibly that they have short term cash flow problems.

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I keep a vague eye on dotnet, it's been supposed over there and shouted down of course, but that doesn't mean anything.

STs going on sale is a strong red flag, not necessarily that they're in trouble, but quite possibly that they have short term cash flow problems.

Have they not done this more than they should? I'm sure they release them well before people expect. Not February tho.

I would agree that's not a good sign. 

Hopefully they are hemorrhaging cash at an alarming rate. 😂 

10 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

To be fair a yo-yo goes up as well as down. They’re 5 points behind us but equally they’re (after their UPturn) only 5 points above 7th with three of the most difficult fixtures anyone in this league faces coming up. With St Johnstone (h), Celtic (a) and Aberdeen (a) as ours, I’d hope (before Sunday I’d have said expect) to be more than 5 ahead come mid-March. 

Their manager is now getting a song out of shite like Fish. Their entire squad is rank rotten. We have a squad full of depth and quality and we are only ahead of them by a bawhair.

Do we ? I dont think I have ever seen you enjoy a dig at Hibs 

been here before

A team thats in a higher league position than a shit mid table yo-yo club.

A team that horsed a shit mid table yo-yo club out of the Scottish Cup 3-0 on their own ground.

Apologies in advance if the above causes you any distress.

17 minutes ago, been here before said:

A team thats in a higher league position than a shit mid table yo-yo club.

A team that horsed a shit mid table yo-yo club out of the Scottish Cup 3-0 on their own ground.

Apologies in advance if the above causes you any distress.

🤣

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah bound to be a Queue in the morning or will that be at Boots 🤔😜?

:lol: