*** Hearts V Rangers Official Match Thread ( on ppv ) ***

Masonic

Pathetic tonight Hearts. Why the feck did Robbie change a winning formula?! Right need to take all 3 points of United on Saturday. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Geoff Kilpatrick

7 minutes ago, Australis said:

Half of kickback will say he did everything right.

Frightening 

No, it's your opinions that are frightening. Nobody will say he did everything right.

I've backed Robbie Neilson all the way and will continue to do so. Tonight was very poor in many respects. Being well beaten by a much better team is hardly a sackable offence.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Nearly quarter to 10. Remember when midweek games were over by 10 past 9 or quarter past at latest. Sorry pretty irrelevant but better than dwelling on the game!

The game tonight was over by 2030.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's some leap you've made there tbf, no one's saying that. 😂

Bad night all round. Let's hope we improve on Saturday. 

Oh well,  was looking forward to that as well.  I hope Robbie learns his lessons,  this would not have helped players confidence though.  I hope we get our act together for Saturday and put in a strong performance.    We've had some terrefic results and been clinical recently,  but I'm desperate to see an actual performance where we have more control in games and take the game to the opposition more.    3 points on Saturday will help us move on from this and ensure we keep the momentum in the league.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

😄

I left when they scored the third.

So did I. Rangers squeezing past teams then they come to us and we lay it on a player for them. Seen it all before.  

MarkDevriesScores4

Got that wrong from the start tonight. Wrong formation , wrong line up. Substandard performances from a number of players didn’t help. 

we move on and get back to winning ways at the weekend 

Just now, OTT said:

Come off it. It was a grossly inappropriate game to try something like that. It made absolutely no sense and is completely indefensible. Savage is his manager, so hopefully he'll have a word an impress on him the importance of not being so ****ing stupid again. He threw this game with how bad that set up was. 

He's lost one game in 11 and now it's "indefensible" because he went gung ho?  don't be ridiculous. He's chosen the wrong set up, we move on. It was a shite performance but no doubt we'll see a reaction in the next game. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

So nobody is allowed to comment and have an opinion? It's a message board man. 

You seem to have a problem with pretty much an almost unanimous opinion that Robbie ****ed up tonight.  Even some of his biggest fans. 

4 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Team Performance aside, how lucky are we to have Clarke in goals, been outstanding 

Agreed - we couldn’t have hoped for a better replacement for Craig Gordon.

Exile fae Main Street

Tae a the people on the Winter transfer thread who kept saying  we don't CP, we've got 3rd sewn up at a canter blah, blah, blah. Well?

2 minutes ago, TweedbankJambo said:

What does it tell you?  That they're new or just post occasionally? What am I missing?

It would be rude to speculate on what you are missing, but I'll definitely note that borders based Jambos aren't renowned for prescience or even keeping up with things! :laugh:

These low digit posters come out of the woodwork only when we are not having a good match, often even after we lost a goal only to go scurrying back into their hobbit holes when were turn it around or are dominating games.

That clear enough for you.

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Come off it. It was a grossly inappropriate game to try something like that. It made absolutely no sense and is completely indefensible. Savage is his manager, so hopefully he'll have a word an impress on him the importance of not being so ****ing stupid again. He threw this game with how bad that set up was. 

This.

1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

yup, bring on Utd. 3 points there and we can move on.

Just now, Marvin said:

Pathetic tonight Hearts. Why the feck did Robbie change a winning formula?! Right need to take all 3 points of United on Saturday. 

Smith, Devlin, Humphrys out (in addition to the long-term absentees). Did Robbie plan that?

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

Not completely - most results tonight and last night went our way. 

TynecastleBC5
1 minute ago, MrBones said:

Big fan of Robbie put that starting line up was shocking

Agree. You can't start Kuol, Ginnelly and McKay in a 3-5-2. Madness.

Attacking team. Wrong formation.

Kio must not have impressed recently and Hallidays fitness must have been affected by his concussion to start with that midfield.

Not going to lose sleep over it. Unlike alot of us, I fully expect us to be far behind the OF as the spending gap is obscene. "Going for it" doesn't change the fact we need a bit of luck against the ugly sisters.

Kio played alot better than I expected when he came on.

McKay needs dropped ASAP.

Kinglsey needs a kick up the backside but is still getting back to "match sharp" fitness.

We move on. At least Livingstone lost. Unbeaten in 10 untill tonight.

Just now, GinRummy said:

So did I. Rangers squeezing past teams then they come to us and we lay it on a player for them. Seen it all before.  

Infuriating, GR.

Feeble, naive tactics and approach from RN.

It won't change.

No chance.

32 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Thank **** for var and the woodwork or this would be 9-0. 

The offside goals were all flagged as offside, VAR merely confirmed the decisions, except the one it overturned and awarded a goal instead. The only time VAR helped us tonight was with the overturned penalty. 

7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Cool. You should have a look in The Shed as well. You'd probably enjoy the banter in there too. 

Oh is there another bit to this. Im very green. 

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif

TweedbankJambo
Just now, Gizmo said:

It would be rude to speculate on what you are missing, but I'll definitely note that borders based Jambos aren't renowned for prescience or even keeping up with things! :laugh:

These low digit posters come out of the woodwork only when we are not having a good match, often even after we lost a goal only to go scurrying back into their hobbit holes when were turn it around or are dominating games.

That clear enough for you.

Im here every match day and work in Edinburgh and was born there. How simple minded is that thought process. I'll be here Saturday as usual. Jambos are supposed to stick together. We might to better of that was the case. 

Big fan of Neilson but he got it very wrong tonight. Can’t just throw players in any position and expect it to work; especially against the old firm. Only small positive for me was I thought Kio and Forrest were decent when they came on but apart from that a poor night and outplayed by a far better side. Move on and take nothing other than 3 points on Saturday. St mirren 6 behind with a game in hand. 3rd is far from wrapped up 

3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

No, it's your opinions that are frightening. Nobody will say he did everything right.

I've backed Robbie Neilson all the way and will continue to do so. Tonight was very poor in many respects. Being well beaten by a much better team is hardly a sackable offence.

Never said I wanted him sacked.

Just want to see players in maroon jerseys passing the ball to players in maroon jerseys and look organised.

Simple basics 

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

yup, bring on Utd. 3 points there and we can move on.

He has a lot of making up for o the fans after that cluster f..k

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's lost one game in 11 and now it's "indefensible" because he went gung ho?  don't be ridiculous. He's chosen the wrong set up, we move on. It was a shite performance but no doubt we'll see a reaction in the next game. 

I would have liked a more stable midfield but I understand he wanted to try something different and break with pace. Our passing was shocking which isn't Robbie's fault and I would have liked him to have changed it earlier but hindsight is a great thing. Kuol in the middle was too weak as he wanted to dribble in terrible areas of the pitch. 

He tried something different and it didn't work. We were shite,  We move on. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

Smith, Devlin, Humphrys out (in addition to the long-term absentees). Did Robbie plan that?

Humphrys hasn’t been starting anyway.  Why not a straight swap with Grant or Kio for Devlin and Atkinson or Forrest (as Robbie seems to prefer) for Smith?  Just 2 changes instead of umpteen square pegs in round holes?🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

He didn't go gung ho, he shat the bed. 

It wasn't just a bad set up, it was ****ing left field idiocy. He absolutely hung Snodgrass out to dry, isolated our forwards and handed the ball to the huns for 90 minutes. It was amateur. 

The issue isn't losing, its not giving the players a fighting chance by his team selection and tactics. They were bloody awful. We were on a great run of games and he threw it away before a ball was kicked with that shambolic set up. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not completely - most results tonight and last night went our way. 

St Mirren are now only 6 points behind us, with a game in hand...

The best he can do is come out and hold his hands up,

hopefully doing that helps to deflect some of the pressure from some players who had to play out of position and didn’t perform .

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It’s an oddity how we continually can’t perform against the Huns particularly at home.

Even shite like Cathro and Stendal beat them.

They did seem to play better than I’ve seen recently and we had a load of players who played as if they hadn’t seen a football before. The formation only tells part of the story. 

It’s a bit rich though fans who have continually moaned about 3-4-3 all season mouthing off about why did Robbie change things and experiment.

Anyway, work to be done by the team the next few games.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think you are right to be pragmatic,  but it's painful watching that.  It is also Robbie job though to get us set up properly,  he won't always get that right of course,  but that wasn't a little bit off it,  it was dreadful.   He is an experienced manager now,  not a rookie,  and I'm just so disappointed as we unquestionably have the players to have a good go at home to either of the OF.    I really hope he takes some responsibility in the after match interview otherwise we're left wondering if he is 'seeing it' and learning from it. 

Edited by Gmcjambo

1 minute ago, TweedbankJambo said:

Im here every match day and work in Edinburgh and was born there. How simple minded is that thought process. I'll be here Saturday as usual. Jambos are supposed to stick together. We might to better of that was the case. 

The board is littered with vermin interlopers and banner fliers who are only seen when they can indulge in some schadenfreude. If that's not you, what are you complaining about?

Robbie entirely responsible for that shit show I’m afraid. Just put your hands up Robbie and don’t be so daft again and we’ll move on

Shocking managerial performance. The end.

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Hopefully not hibs green!?! 

Never. Ill have a week look at that shed thingy 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Never. Ill have a week look at that shed thingy 

Try the LGBTQZW thread. Its full of friendly conversations 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Anyone still watching? They don't realise the cameras and mics are still on! 😂😂😂😂

No. wish i had switched off after the first 5 minutes but it was like when people slow down when they see a crashed car on the motorway. 

Just now, TweedbankJambo said:

Ftr, TJ.

I have no doubt you're a Hearts fan.

I could tell by the way you posted.

Of course, if you are a Hibby then get stuffed. 😜 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Try the LGBTQZW thread. Its full of friendly conversations 

Do you have to be gay to post on it ? 

TweedbankJambo
Just now, Gizmo said:

The board is littered with vermin interlopers and banner fliers who are only seen when they can indulge in some schadenfreude. If that's not you, what are you complaining about?

You're off on a tangent now mate. I'm complaining because I don't post much and felt offended ok. Simple.. I'll post what I want when I want. Have a nice sleep. 👍

Shite setup made even worse by shite performances from most players. The setup wasn't to blame for misplaced passed and poor decision making.