Closing the gap

Ked

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Let people apply for the job and see who does 

rather than going straight to an ex hearts player 

So you haven’t got a clue then, I though as much. 

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Naisys Tackle

• Bozi

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

No

im saying open it up to applications and see who does

like we did with Daniel Stendal 

Those who keep going on about Neilson getting us 3rd and seem to think that’s all that matters -

What happens if the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen come back stronger next season? Which they most likely will. Do you really think with the way we’ve performed for the majority of the season we’re gonna skoosh it again? Absolutely no chance. We’ve ridden our luck countless times and we are lucky the rest of the league are so poor, make no mistake about that. 

Borders Jambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on

Nonsense. I’m not even going to provide examples of plenty Managers who with the same squad wouldn’t have us in third.

Plus using Arsenal as an example, they are reaping the benefits of retaining Arteta in the same way Man United did many years ago with Ferguson. 

Does RN get everything right? No.

Do I agree with every decision? No.

However I believe he is developing into a fine Manager who will progress the team given the chance.

Great article from G Mallon and should make everyone proud of the contributions made.

I was at the Shareholder's meeting last night with Tom English & Ewan Murray and one of the questions asked was about the negativity from Hearts fans towards Robbie.  I thought Tom English's final point was a good one. 

TE - It confuses me, and I'm not a Hearts fan but it seems strange.  Not sure what Hearts fans want.

EM - When we beat Hibs 3-0 in January, I felt that for the few weeks prior that results outweighed performance.  I'm a big fan of Robbie and it's not my job to find another guy to be manager but I'm struggling to think who'd be better than him.  What I would say is that I don't think this is just a Hearts issue, Lee Johnson was getting grief a month ago, even Celtic fans were having ago at their manager for the poor results in Europe.  

TE - I'm not sure where the negativity comes from

EM - From 2016, when they knocked us out of the cup.

TE - But Robbie has beaten them loads since then

"Someone in the audience then said it's because Hibs went on to win the cup and that some Hearts fans are that petty."

TE - It just seems that you can have 6 or 7 great result and then one bad result would lead to people calling for his head.

EM - I'm not sure what more people want, the first time round, the Championship was great, got promoted, then finished third and left us in second place.  Came back, got us promoted again, finished third again and now sitting in third yet again.  I feel he's doing a good job. 

TE - I think that there are some fans out there who are waiting for him to fail and if that's the case where's the joy in the success?  For fans out there who want him out, are they able to celebrate the wins?  I'm not so sure.

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Those who keep going on about Neilson getting us 3rd and seem to think that’s all that matters -

What happens if the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen come back stronger next season? Which they most likely will. Do you really think with the way we’ve performed for the majority of the season we’re gonna skoosh it again? Absolutely no chance. We’ve ridden our luck countless times and we are lucky the rest of the league are so poor, make no mistake about that. 

I think the full stadium and the big pile of cash in the coffers is all that matters.

Brick Tamland
7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No

My question was directed at you though, you want someone to replace him because he has taken us as far as he can. 
So I’ll ask again. 
Who do you suggest for his replacement and what attributes does that person have that Robbie doesn’t?

It’s not that tough a question really. 

4 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Nonsense. I’m not even going to provide examples of plenty Managers who with the same squad wouldn’t have us in third.

Plus using Arsenal as an example, they are reaping the benefits of retaining Arteta in the same way Man United did many years ago with Ferguson. 

However I believe he is developing into a fine Manager who will progress the team given the chance.

Great article from G Mallon and should make everyone proud of the contributions made.

Developing? He never seems to learn from his mistakes.

And what do you mean given the chance? 😂 he’s been given more if w chance than any other manager would in world football. He’s untouchable. He hasn’t progressed the team since last season. We don’t look any better even though we’ve strengthened the squad.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

We aren’t any better than last season, yes i am proud. 

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes I read that but I was picking up on you earlier trying to insinuate that the strong squad is all down to Robbie.  It was quite clear you meant that.  And I was also referencing how other posters also behave when it comes down to Robbie.  

There are two real extremes with views on Robbie when I think most are somewhere in the middle ground.  However, if you make an ounce of criticism towards him you are immediately rounded upon as being a Robbie hater or Hibs and it’s tedious.  In my case there, I wasn’t even criticising him yet you’re all over me accusing me of clinging to a comfort blanket.  I don’t know if you’re normally like that but I can think of several who are!

You replied twice to posts where I was responding to another poster. Hardly all over you.

The comfort blanket was in reference to posters who can't give Robbie any credit for anything, which you insinuated by saying that Savage and the recruitment team were solely responsible for the squad. 

I simply asked another poster where the current squad came from.  It's some leap to assume that I think Robbie is Pep off the back of that.  At no point did I say it was all down to Robbie.  I've given my thoughts about how they work it in other posts.

Anyway, I'm out. 

9 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

My question was directed at you though, you want someone to replace him because he has taken us as far as he can. 
So I’ll ask again. 
Who do you suggest for his replacement and what attributes does that person have that Robbie doesn’t?

And I’ve answered you

let people apply and see who does and then decide 

InternationalJambo
15 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Getting third is all that matters this season. The way the coefficient is shaping up Scotland won’t be granted another automatic European spot.

Getting Europe this season is massive for us to gain more income and improve again in the summer. By all means have this conversation this time next year if we aren’t improving, but on your other point in your other post of course he is untouchable. He’s hitting his targets consistently and no other hearts manager has done that in a long time.

The season still has a long way to go and we haven’t even got out of second gear yet in my opinion. 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Without knowing budgets, potential wage demands, etc then nobody has a clue but we have a team whose job is to do just that. I don’t think there is currently a vacancy though. 

There is also the chance that our next manager isn’t currently even a manager (as happened when Robbie was appointed first time) so it’s all pointless speculation at this stage when our manager is going nowhere.  

3 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Getting third is all that matters this season. The way the coefficient is shaping up Scotland won’t be granted another automatic European spot.

Getting Europe this season is massive for us to gain more income and improve again in the summer. By all means have this conversation this time next year if we aren’t improving, but on your other point in your other post of course he is untouchable. He’s hitting his targets consistently and no other hearts manager has done that in a long time.

The season still has a long way to go and we haven’t even got out of second gear yet in my opinion. 

I’m not saying he should be emptied just now. That would just be stupid. I’m looking to the future though and I can’t see Neilson being the man to close the gap for reasons I’ve explained. 

He’s untouchable due to Budge’s loyalty to him, not purely down to targets.

What is this second gear people keep bleating on about?? It’s now coming into March and we’ve yet to see it?

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agree

think neilson has taken us as far as he can

Not many agree with you so on balance you are wrong!

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I agree with him and many many more do, so you must be mistaken 😉 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Correct, but surely everyone can agree that we haven’t been in top gear    apart from a few half's here and there. I would say away at ER and against Utd at Tynecastle at the start of the season, Zurich home, RFS and Aberdeen home 1st half.
Strangely enough the 4-3 defeat at home to Celtic was one of the best performances,  but we dont play a 433 and press like we did that day at all. 
When we do we are brilliant but we don’t do it nearly enough. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
49 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

The clueless part has been obvious since their first post. Which may or may not have been under a different name.

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

So I’ll ask again. 

If it’s such a simple question perhaps you could answer it?!

I’m not advocating Robbie being replaced but I will turn the question around - what attributes does Robbie have that suggest he is the man to take us further?

HeartsandonlyHearts
49 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Getting third, league wise IS all that matters.

Next season has nothing to do with this season. We finish one season and then start a new one. What happens if the likes of #!bs or Aberdeen come back stronger next season? What happens if Hearts come back stronger than those two next season? We finish third again. You can’t let what’s happened this season with us dictate next season with us. Not unless you do that with #!bs and Aberdeen. Why in your eyes do they get stronger but we stagnate? It’s this season we are involved in right now. Next season will take care of itself when it gets here. 

Fozzyonthefence
28 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I think there are a lot more than you think!  Not wanting him out but suspecting he may have reached a ceiling but prepared to give him time to see. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
42 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And I’ve answered you

let people apply and see who does and then decide 

🤦🏻

Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

🤦🏻

Don’t see the big issue mate

i said neilson has taken us as far as he can

i don’t know who would be better at the moment 

so I said let folk apply for the job - it’s really very simple 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don’t see the big issue mate

i said neilson has taken us as far as he can

i don’t know who would be better at the moment 

so I said let folk apply for the job - it’s really very simple 

What if all the supporters that like Robbie decide the club is being run abysmally and go on social media and bore the arse of everyone wanting the new man sacked ?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Getting third, league wise IS all that matters.

Next season has nothing to do with this season. We finish one season and then start a new one. What happens if the likes of #!bs or Aberdeen come back stronger next season? What happens if Hearts come back stronger than those two next season? We finish third again. You can’t let what’s happened this season with us dictate next season with us. Not unless you do that with #!bs and Aberdeen. Why in your eyes do they get stronger but we stagnate? It’s this season we are involved in right now. Next season will take care of itself when it gets here. 

Maybe because we haven’t got any better this season?
Aberdeen have improved as have Hibs strangely enough 😆

1 hour ago, TurboT said:

I was at the Shareholder's meeting last night with Tom English & Ewan Murray and one of the questions asked was about the negativity from Hearts fans towards Robbie.  I thought Tom English's final point was a good one. 

TE - It confuses me, and I'm not a Hearts fan but it seems strange.  Not sure what Hearts fans want.

EM - When we beat Hibs 3-0 in January, I felt that for the few weeks prior that results outweighed performance.  I'm a big fan of Robbie and it's not my job to find another guy to be manager but I'm struggling to think who'd be better than him.  What I would say is that I don't think this is just a Hearts issue, Lee Johnson was getting grief a month ago, even Celtic fans were having ago at their manager for the poor results in Europe.  

"Someone in the audience then said it's because Hibs went on to win the cup and that some Hearts fans are that petty."

TE - It just seems that you can have 6 or 7 great result and then one bad result would lead to people calling for his head.

EM - I'm not sure what more people want, the first time round, the Championship was great, got promoted, then finished third and left us in second place.  Came back, got us promoted again, finished third again and now sitting in third yet again.  I feel he's doing a good job. 

TE - I think that there are some fans out there who are waiting for him to fail and if that's the case where's the joy in the success?  For fans out there who want him out, are they able to celebrate the wins?  I'm not so sure.

The attention-seeking lunatic fringe must be loving this - and they don't even have the expense of an aeroplane.

58 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

So I’ll ask again. 

why does this make me think of Little Britain's Lou and Andy......

"want that one...."

".....don't like it"

Brick Tamland
32 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If it’s such a simple question perhaps you could answer it?!

I’m not advocating Robbie being replaced but I will turn the question around - what attributes does Robbie have that suggest he is the man to take us further?

3500 waiting list for season tickets

Europe

3rd

Probability of back to back 3rd

Record FOH payments

His record against H1b5

His relationship with the board and the rest of the management team. 

His overall managerial record with us

Some of our play under him has been exceptional - if you have a clue about football and tactics you’ll recognise this - playing with a lot of possession trying to break down teams is very good and we don’t resort to “kick it up the park” 

His passion for the club

He is still a young manager and will learn and adapt through each season. 
He hasn’t reached his potential yet 

Is that enough for you or shall I go on?

Fozzyonthefence
34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Try telling that to Aberdeen fans!

3 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Europe

3rd

Record FOH payments

His record against H1b5

Some of our play under him has been exceptional - if you have a clue about football and tactics you’ll recognise this - playing with a lot of possession trying to break down teams is very good and we don’t resort to “kick it up the park” 

His passion for the club

yes, yes, yes......but he lets Lawrence Shankland smile and laugh in the players tunnel pre match.

when oh when oh when will this madness never end?

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Europe

3rd

Record FOH payments

His record against H1b5

His passion for the club

No, not really, it was a long reply but most of it was completely irrelevant and nothing to do with his personal attributes, although you put a couple in that some won’t agree with.  You certainly didn’t convince me but it’s all about opinions. 

Brick Tamland
17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No, not really, it was a long reply but most of it was completely irrelevant and nothing to do with his personal attributes, although you put a couple in that some won’t agree with.  You certainly didn’t convince me but it’s all about opinions. 

So the manager that has achieved those things under his management has nothing to do with those things that he has achieved, thus making them irrelevant? 

Please explain that to me. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

I agree with him and many many more do, so you must be mistaken 😉 

You agree with the boy in Hamilton. 

Do you ever look at what side of the fence you're on and who's company you're in and then have a think?

This would be the time to do it.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

HeartsandonlyHearts

That’s not what he posted though. He mentioned those two teams maybe being better next season. It doesn’t matter if they improve next season. Because we can too. 
You state we haven’t improved this season but those two teams have. But strangely enough we’re above them. What does that tell you about their improvement as a whole?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No

Like Stendal?

So you don't have a plan other than sack Bob and then hope we get better.

Tbf, at least you're honest.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

yes, yes, yes......but he lets Lawrence Shankland smile and laugh in the players tunnel pre match.

when oh when oh when will this madness never end?

No wonder he's laughing,  he's just fired a couple of bacon rolls down his throat.

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

It’s likely that we will be much stronger next season. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No wonder he's laughing,  he's just fired a couple of bacon rolls down his throat.

Won’t be laughing for too much longer. He’s been outed on JKB.

Lettuce sangwhiches made from Slimcea bread from now on…

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jim Panzee said:

Won’t be laughing for too much longer. He’s been outed on JKB.

Lettuce sangwhiches made from Slimcea bread from now on…

Halft time Pizza's oot!

Aberdeen have improved?  0-5 at tynie, 0-6 at ER, manager sacked, bottom six.  Surely not. 

2 hours ago, TurboT said:

If any other club out with the Old Firm  had a manager that has delivered the  results that the current Hearts managerial team has they would be over the moon. I know there are many of the opinion that Robbie can't take us any further, but who else could better what he's done?  It's a sad fact that no other team in Scottish football will be able to close the gap on the old firm, so all the others are playing for 3rd place and hopefully a run in Europe. That's what success looks like to every other club.  

Brick Tamland
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Like Stendal?

So you don't have a plan other than sack Bob and then hope we get better.

Tbf, at least you're honest.

That seems to be a common theme, get rid of a successful Hearts manager and hope we get someone better.
What happens in that gap between him going and us appointing another manager? 

Some folk are that dense that they could bend light. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

That’s not what he posted though. He mentioned those two teams maybe being better next season. It doesn’t matter if they improve next season. Because we can too. 
You state we haven’t improved this season but those two teams have. But strangely enough we’re above them. What does that tell you about their improvement as a whole?

It tells me that they were awful last season and that they are slightly less bad this season. 
We on the other hand have spent £2m and are no better than we were, the rest are still terrible. 
What way would you say we have progressed up until this point?

Brick Tamland
2 minutes ago, Firefox said:

If any other club out with the Old Firm  had a manager that has delivered the  results that the current Hearts managerial team has they would be over the moon. I know there are many of the opinion that Robbie can't take us any further, but who else could better what he's done?  It's a sad fact that no other team in Scottish football will be able to close the gap on the old firm, so all the others are playing for 3rd place and hopefully a run in Europe. That's what success looks like to every other club.  

I’m still waiting on that answer too. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

That seems to be a common theme, get rid of a successful Hearts manager and hope we get someone better.
What happens in that gap between him going and us appointing another manager? 

Some folk are that dense that they could bend light. 

:rofl:

It's a bit scary.