Tattoo Shop on Gorgie Road

Captain America

Captain America

Awright folks

Am getting a tattoo in the next few months and was thinking of going to the shop on Gorgie Road, was wondering if anyone had been to the shop and if it is any good or not?

or if anyone can recommend any good places to go to.

Nucky Thompson
Awright folks

Am getting a tattoo in the next few months and was thinking of going to the shop on Gorgie Road, was wondering if anyone had been to the shop and if it is any good or not?

Aye, you'll get a good tattoo from Big Billy Brown in the Gorgie shop.

basher the jambo

Yeah i got 2 done there really good jobs. But it was the american guy who done them. I think he has his own shop now tho.

Awright folks

got my 2 done at Billy`s on leith walk, well known long established tattoo artist. Know loads of folk that`ve been there and never heard anyone complain. I remember him being a bit of a grumpy geezer, but the shop was full of german sailors wantin peircings done last time, but he was brand new otherwise.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Awright folks

I got my Hearts one done in there, and it looks "mighty", as the man himself put it! Apparently he's cheaper than most places too.

I highly recommend Ace on Gorgie Road..

Had all 6 done by Cameron and I certainly have no complaints really cheap aswell I have a big one down my side which only cost ?40 and my hearts badge and tinkerbell on my shoulder was ?60.

Going back in the next few weeks to get an add on to the one on my side and get another on my ankle.

They are really easy guys to talk 2 I always have a good conversation while getting inked

:)

dodethejambo

Thinking of getting my next tattoo at either Ace or Tiki Monkey

Which tattooist would JKB members recommend ?

Miller Jambo 60
I got my Hearts one done in there, and it looks "mighty", as the man himself put it! Apparently he's cheaper than most places too.

About 40 pounds for a Hearts Crest getting mine soon:)

chester copperpot
About 40 pounds for a Hearts Crest getting mine soon:)

Got mine's done by Billy Brown at Ace.

Pretty good, he does them that often he doesn't need to check colours, just puts up the badge and boosh.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Does anyone know how to resize pictures, I'm trying to upload my tat but the file size is too big.

Jambojohnnyboy

Got to be Ace, had three done there and will be heading back for my fourth when the time comes.

Captain America

Thanks for all feedback guys, just checking the website just now, pics look really good on there, think i will pop in next time am in Gorgie and have a chat with guy.

Never had one done myself, although I'm thinking of it, but one of my friends have had their entire back done by Max at Old Town Tattoos (Blackfriars Street) and it looks amazing. I've seen a few others that he has done and they all look great, so maybe check them out.

You can see a few pictures on the Myspace of his other studio, 119 in Galashiels, theres a link to OTT's page on that but you need to be a friend of them to see the pictures there.

http://www.myspace.com/119tattoo

Captain America

Alloa that is really smart Tattoo, like the poppy at top.

Think i might get Hearts tattoo down the line, but torn between 2 designs just now either a guardian angel on my back, or II IV MMVI on my arm (is date i met my missus, which also was date we stuffed Hobos in the semi)

Can you just walk in or is it best to make appointment?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Alloa that is really smart Tattoo, like the poppy at top.

Think i might get Hearts tattoo down the line, but torn between 2 designs just now either a guardian angel on my back, or II IV MMVI on my arm (is date i met my missus, which also was date we stuffed Hobos in the semi)

Can you just walk in or is it best to make appointment?

Thanks, that's my favourite part of it too, it's obviously something that's very important to us as a club so I wanted to include it.

If you go in and tell him what you want, they'll give you an appointment, I got mine about two weeks after I first went in. (I think!) They seemed like they are really busy all the time so you've next to no chance of getting it done the same day.

rumbles1874

had 1 done in ace and never had a problem with it also got once from a shop on the royal mile can't remember the shops name but it also very clean and made a good job

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I got a tribal band around my arm done at that Spacey's Bizarre Ink place. Was about nine years ago now, but I'm still happy with it.

PsychocAndy

Had my hearts crest done in Gorgie not bad. Got all the others in Spaceys Bizzare ink , including the current Scotland crest, and I'm really pleased with them. Spacey, John and Russell are great tattooists.

dutch_jambo

Wanted to get Rotterdam put on my arm and ACE wanted ?120 for it haha

So i went to Tiki Monkey and got it down for ?50 , got 2 other ones since then and will be going back next week.Long live the monkey ;)

Got the HMFC crest done by the American chap at Ace a few years ago.

The yellow faded over the year so when I went back a year later (not in Edinburgh that often :D) they re-did it there and then.

Still looks braw.

Got the HMFC crest done by the American chap at Ace a few years ago.

The yellow faded over the year so when I went back a year later (not in Edinburgh that often :D) they re-did it there and then.

Still looks braw.

You'll find that Paul is Canadian;)

I always go to Ace. Billy and Cammie are good guys, plus they always give me a good deal:)

You'll find that Paul is Canadian;)

Was sure he'd said he was from Michigan/Minnesota/Milwaukee...:confused:

Ach well...it was a few years ago.

dalkeithjambo

Does anyone know if this American is the guy that now works at Studio 13 on jeffrey street.

Just wondered as i went in for an older hearts tattoo and is was an american i spoke too.

Never bothered in there as they wanted ?100 for the tattoo.

Got mine done in Scarborough of all places, place called Rob`s tattoo studio, very good and very reasonable price ?60.

Had this done 2 years ago and have just had a lion rampant done with saltire through it. Got this last week, again very reasonable price.

Anyone going down there soon wanting the hearts crest (recent or older), he has them and he really is fantastic at doing tattoos.

My brother in law (another jambo) has just had the broons done on his right forearm, this took about 3 hours but it is an amazing tattoo.

He is doing a scottish sleeve so is looking for ideas for other scottish related things to be done, he also has oor wullie on his right inner arm and is getting edinburgh castle done as well.

Does anyone know if this American is the guy that now works at Studio 13 on jeffrey street.

Just wondered as i went in for an older hearts tattoo and is was an american i spoke too.

Got mine done in Scarborough of all places, place called Rob`s tattoo studio, very good and very reasonable price ?60.

Had this done 2 years ago and have just had a lion rampant done with saltire through it. Got this last week, again very reasonable price.

Anyone going down there soon wanting the hearts crest (recent or older), he has them and he really is fantastic at doing tattoos.

My brother in law (another jambo) has just had the broons done on his right forearm, this took about 3 hours but it is an amazing tattoo.

He is doing a scottish sleeve so is looking for ideas for other scottish related things to be done, he also has oor wullie on his right inner arm and is getting edinburgh castle done as well.

:eek: Why??

Not having a go...Just wondering why!

dalkeithjambo
:eek: Why??

Not having a go...Just wondering why!

Know what you mean, i thought the same when he said he was getting it done, it is very smart though and as i said he is having a scottish sleeve done and guess you could consider the broons and oor wullie very scottish

a can of irn bru or a tennents T?

Rainclouds?

Scott monument, Forth rail bridge, Scottish Cup, map of Scotland, haggis, bagpipes...

And I think you'll find he is from Boston ;)

I think you might be right:oopsoops:

PsychocAndy
Rainclouds?

Scott monument, Forth rail bridge, Scottish Cup, map of Scotland, haggis, bagpipes...

Sorry have they added another bridge over the forth. There's the Forth Bridge and the Forth Road Bridge.

Sorry small bug bare of mine.

How about Sliced Sausage, Kids with the green number 11, Jakey's, TV, Telephones and Burning Crosses.

A Bar of Cowan's Highland Toffee and Tattie Scones and a chip pan. OK some good some bad but all recognizable as Scottish.

Apologies on the addition of 'rail' to its name.

I'm the same when people refer to 'the Shetlands'. Just not right.

Maroon Mayhem

A few of us got our tattoos done at Ace much around the same time in 2006

Mine and a mate was done by Camy and the other 2 by Billy. General concencus is that Camy's detail on the HMFC and 1874 parts of the old style badge were better.

Just our opinions mind you.

• 1 month later...

Here's my hearts tattoo done by Billy at Ace in 2006. It needs some serious fixing and evening up but I wouldn't have it covered up. I wouldn't go back though, my recent tattoos done by John at Bizarre Ink are far superior.

20979832a7926564209l.jpg

Nucky Thompson
Here's my hearts tattoo done by Billy at Ace in 2006. It needs some serious fixing and evening up but I wouldn't have it covered up. I wouldn't go back though, my recent tattoos done by John at Bizarre Ink are far superior.

20979832a7926564209l.jpg

Nice:D

20979832a7926564209l.jpg

My brother in law just got one by John, and I got mine done by Russ at Bizarre Ink a few months ago. I wouldn't normally go anywhere else, but I've heard some good things about Red Hot and Blue. I had a look through the boy's images and some of it's really well done.

My brother in law just got one by John, and I got mine done by Russ at Bizarre Ink a few months ago. I wouldn't normally go anywhere else, but I've heard some good things about Red Hot and Blue. I had a look through the boy's images and some of it's really well done.

That's the other place I considered, but had had some piercings done at Bizarre Ink before and the folk are really good fun. All 3 of the artists are A+ and prices are reasonable

My GF went to Spacey's to get both hers done. Very good job.

Her sister is pals with him, so the guys are all a good laugh.

Please elaborate. :goofy:

Nothing more exotic than my navel! 12 ear piercings, not to everyone's taste I know, but I will just say this, never get your rook pierced unless you don't mind not sleeping for the next few weeks.

Yeah the guys in Spacey's are a good laugh, every time I pop in for a chat end up spending half the afternoon there.

12 ear piercings

:eek: You must have lugs like an African elephant.

I'm not familiar with the "rook" term.

That's the other place I considered, but had had some piercings done at Bizarre Ink before and the folk are really good fun. All 3 of the artists are A+ and prices are reasonable

Aye they're good guys in there. I've seen John scare the **** out of a few folk in there though by taking the pish :D

My last one cost me ?240 but you get what you pay for as far as tattoos are concerned.

Archived