Jose Quitongo

Captain Lithuania

Captain Lithuania

Do you think we should re-sign Quitongo, I seen him at robbies testimonial, his style is similar to Kingstons but its a bit better. He's playing at Stenhousemuir just now.

Do you think we should re-sign Quitongo, I seen him at robbies testimonial, his style is similar to Kingstons but its a bit better. He's playing at Stenhousemuir just now.

:hobofish:

Captain Lithuania
behave yourself

Well his last spell at Hearts was before I really payed interest in Hearts, but at the testimonial I thought he was playing well.

Ryan Gosling
Well his last spell at Hearts was before I really payed interest in Hearts, but at the testimonial I thought he was playing well.

Says it all.

Are you implying that I support the Green and White Sh*te?

Either that or you're trolling. :hobofish:

Captain Lithuania
Says it all.

I have seen videos of his games at Hearts, scoring against rankgers etc, but he's had a lot of experiance in Scottish Football.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

:rofl:

heartsfc_fan

Yer havin' a laugh!! :P

He's about 40 year old for a start (ish) ;)

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I have seen videos of his games at Hearts, scoring against rankgers etc, but he's had a lot of experiance in Scottish Football.

Aye cos he's about 40!

Guest juvehearts
Are you implying that I support the Green and White Sh*te?

to come out with a comment to re sign old jose that is what 35/36/37? years old to play SPL football woyuls imply that you are indeed a :hobofish:.

just IMO :dribble:

Captain Lithuania
to come out with a comment to re sign old jose that is what 35/36/37? years old to play SPL football woyuls imply that you are indeed a :hobofish:.

just IMO :dribble:

33 actually lol :)

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Kingston is over-rated though I must admit :P

Yes, you are right. Current Ghana international Larry Kingston is not as good as 40-year-old Stenhousemuir player Jose Quitongo. What was I thinking?!

This may be a contender for stupidest thread of all time.

EDIT: Apparently he's only 33! Get him signed!

Captain Lithuania
......well...past his best then :rolleyes:

He's better than some of the crap we have here the now though.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
33 close:p

Yeah I heard that the first and second time I was told it on this thread, but cheers.

EDIT: Just seen your edit! :)

Ibrahim Tall
......well...past his best then :rolleyes:

Tbh, even before then he wasn't even particuarly good. Half the time he struggled to even get a game, and bar the Celtic & Hibs games i can't really think of anything major of note he did.

Still a legend for that goal v the Vhermin mind.

Captain Lithuania
No, you think Quitongo is good because he looks like Kingston.

No.. :eek: I think he plays like him, runs like him too.

are you sure?

grumpyespana
are you sure?

Jose now there is a blast from the past, he was okay but a bit lightweight for the SPL.

Grumpy.

awh naw never really payed attention to hearts :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry but he was, at best, inconsistant when he was at Hearts, he's been around the block now and let's not forget, he's been released by every club he's been at(including Kilmarnock with Jeffries I think!) At the time, he was good to watch for all his tricks 'n flicks, I remember one of the best skillful moves i'd ever seen by him, against Aberdeen, he was out wide-left, someone passed the ball but it went just behind him, he flicked it from behind, over his head, brought it down, skinned about 3 or 4 players, ran in towards goal and struck a sweet shot ...just going over by couple of inches, absoultely excellent, i still see it when i'm looking through tapes of the last 22 seasons.

He was a natural entertainer.

I reckon he'd do well as a Tynie Tiger

954352478_070d046ab2.jpg?v=0

Especially if we get Kevin James (about the same age but a foot taller) to be the other one.

James is Currently captaining Saint Johnstone so it may be even longer before he's available but they've got the makings of a great Kid friendly comedy double act. Big sensible Tiger and little cheeky scamp Tiger who doesn't do what he's told. You know it makes sense

scott herbertson
No.. :eek: I think he plays like him, runs like him too.

Has two legs,

but there the resemblance ends

When did Jose score v Rangers?

I don't think he did. He scored against Hobos, the deflection v Sellik and i remember him scoring 2 in the cup v lower league opposition (maybe Albion Rovers) but i don't remember any goal v the Huns.

Bunny Munro

Quitongo was very much a skill player, players skill doesnt go away when they get to 35/40. Their pace and agility does. which is why at a slow paced friendly testimonail game he apears to be of SPL standard. However, McCann also apeared fantastic that game. This is because of the same reasons, all the skill is there, just hasn't got the legs required for this level. Unfortuantly.

I just read this thread then took a trip to the kitchen to double check the day, month and year on the calender ... also picked up an orange kitkat so one positive from a jobby of a thread.

Wonder what Walter Kidd is up to these days ... he was much faster in his day than any of the players we have on the books just now so i say lets snap him up.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Lets get Henry Smith too

I saw him in a taxi last week and he looked alright!!!

Lets get Henry Smith too

I saw him in a taxi last week and he looked alright!!!

Was he driving it?;) He's my postie as well so if so he must be doing two jobs - fair play to him. Not many of today's shysters will need to do that when they retire.

Anyhoo, Jose Q for Hearts? Whatever you're on, either double or half the dose.

Now, Thomas Flogel coming back.......

JohnnyPunter

Jose is playing for Hearts tomorrow night - for the legends that is!

Along with Robbo, Mackay, McLaren, Ritchie, Smith, McPherson Paul Weatherstone, Max Christie, Colin Scott. 8pm Kick off v RBS in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust on the astro at the Hearts Academy

Jose is looking for a club just now but is training with Airdrie - the wee man is unbelievable in the legends games but we have to tell him the ball is round to go around sometimes!

Why is it that whenever someone "likens" a black player to another player - they always "liken" them to another black player???

Jose Quitongo, in a footballing sense, is nothing like Kingston. Not even remotely similar. The ONLY similarities are the colour of his skin and the dreadlocks on his head.

Always find these kinda things odd.

I'd actually say someone like Colin Cameron was a more similar PLAYER to Larry than Jose was. But that wouldnt be a good comparison, cos Mickey aint black with dreads huh.

rumbles1874

:508:he was great to watch but now well past it if he was good enough to play in the spl then do you not think a team like ict or hamliton would look to sign him i do remember a goal against the huns and him running behind the goal and swing on the bars that hold the net up might be wrong:508:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
:508:he was great to watch but now well past it if he was good enough to play in the spl then do you not think a team like ict or hamliton would look to sign him i do remember a goal against the huns and him running behind the goal and swing on the bars that hold the net up might be wrong:508:

That was Dundee Utd and IIRC it was disallowed.

Dundee United at Tannadice.

Yer having a laugh. Jose has had his time at the top level and he never really made it. He had his moments though.

I had the honour to play against the Former Hearts players team earlier this year and Jose was playing. He`s still tricky and nippy but some of us "seasoned amateurs" could handle him at times. He couldnae cross his fingers either.

Still a derby legend though!!!;)

Archived