Sky sports golf music

Vlad Magic

Right then sleuths.

This has been driving me nuts for months so get your detective hats on.

Sky Sports Golf has some generic music playing in the background and has done for some time. It cuts in Im assuming when coverage from the host country cuts to adverts so they fill with whatever and that’s when the music cuts in.

It’s just a few simple chords however it sounds just like a very recognisable song I can’t put my finger on. I’m convinced it’s Eminem but i

could be wrong.

Help!!!

jack D and coke

Couldn’t tell you the music from any sports on anything other than BBC. 
Wimbledon, Open, F1, MOTD and I’m sure there’s others are absolutely burnt into my mind though. 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Wimbledon, Open, F1, MOTD and I’m sure there’s others are absolutely burnt into my mind though. 

Snooker , Darts, and 

GSTQ :hypno:

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Classic.

Update after watching the PGA event Sentry Tournament of Champions.

Its played when they do a short highlights segment.

The music is almost certainly exclusive to Sky Sports however it sounds just like a more famous mainstream song. It’s that song I’m trying to identify.

Its just a few simple chords strung together.

48 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Update after watching the PGA event Sentry Tournament of Champions.

Its played when they do a short highlights segment.

The music is almost certainly exclusive to Sky Sports however it sounds just like a more famous mainstream song. It’s that song I’m trying to identify.

Its just a few simple chords strung together.

I'm not even watching the golf and you have me intrigued.

Out of interest, is it the same music that is on this video clip?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/golf/12780865/sentry-tournament-of-champions-round-1-highlights

I've managed to Shazam a bit of it found at the end of this video, where they shut up long enough for it to get a match:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12510627/sentry-tournament-day-1-highlights

The search result is Alive by Neil Myers.  He seems to do a lot of soundtrack stuff.

Magic, but then you go to YouTube, that song doesn't exist.  Spotify, that song doesn't exist.  Shazam have a link to Apple Music which needs a sign up, probably to find out it doesn't exist.

It’s the chords that descend in a pattern.

Those same chords have been used in a mainstream song.

I thought for a while it was Eminem but I’ve been through all his big hits and can’t find it.

6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s the chords that descend in a pattern.

Those same chords have been used in a mainstream song.

I thought for a while it was Eminem but I’ve been through all his big hits and can’t find it.

Sorry, can't help any more than that, I can't say I recognise it, and I definitely don't recognise the name of the person Shazam is suggesting as the artist.

At least there are a couple of links now, so a more musically minded Kickbacker might be able to listen to it and immediately spot it :thumbsup:

I recommend the second link (https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12510627/sentry-tournament-day-1-highlights) because they stop talking at 1:57 and give you about 11 seconds of uninterrupted listening.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I've managed to Shazam a bit of it found at the end of this video, where they shut up long enough for it to get a match:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12510627/sentry-tournament-day-1-highlights

The search result is Alive by Neil Myers.  He seems to do a lot of soundtrack stuff.

Magic, but then you go to YouTube, that song doesn't exist.  Spotify, that song doesn't exist.  Shazam have a link to Apple Music which needs a sign up, probably to find out it doesn't exist.

Thought I'd You Tube Neil Myers Alive

I got a Neil Myers Funeral commemoration video:lol:

Edited by Tommy Brown

• 4 months later...
Dick Dastardly
On 21/05/2023 at 18:16, Earl of Bumbridge said:

Is it:

James - Getting Away with It.

Na, thats the Lee Johnson song..... 😉