Tynie Allocation for visiting fans.

Sarah O

Tynie allocation for away fans.   

398 members have voted

1. 1. What would be your preference for away fans allocation?

• Full Roseburn for Hibs, Celtic and Rangers
    • Full Roseburn for Hibs, 2 sections for Rangers and Celtic
    • 2 Sections in Roseburn for Hibs, Celtic and Rangers
    • 1 section in Roseburn for ALL visiting teams.

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If that was the case they would surely do the same for Celtic and Rangers. 

True, sadly.  I did not want to need to disinfect my keyboard by typing those two names...

gorgierulesapply88

Tickets for Monday where like gold-dust, ended up watching it in pub. With at least 30+ people. Many of whom wanted a ticket.

If there demand is there and Hearts know about it we should cut that lot down anaw.

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I cant see why some form of netting couldn't be put up between the fans, rather than perspex.

It was mooted to do the same between notably Hibs, Celtic fans and the pitch due the number of objects thrown, although I'm not so sure from H&S if we could do.

You probably can't put against the advertising boards as folk need to get on to the pitch quickly and safely if need be and the players can't be running in to nets either if too close to the pitch.

Many years ago when I used to attend a court in a border town in Northern Ireland there was one window onto the street - I sat with my back to it.

The inside of the window was covered by oversized net curtains that had weights sewn into the bottom edge.

The theory was that if a bomb went off outside, the glass would be shattered - but the curtains would billow and the shards would be caught.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a salmon poacher, we could acquire some monofilament nets that could  hang just forward of the advertising boards so that people could scramble over in an emergency...

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’d vote for that BUT alas SarahO has not allowed it as an option!

I have a solid FTH stance, the poll is probably prejudice as such. 

I know St. Johnstone and Livingston get abuse about the number of away fans, but they have had significant success from OF fans and us, on their business model.

It's up to us to do what's best for us, but be flexible.

We can give 1 section to the full Roseburn if we so fit whenever we want.

Just now it's one section only for every team

I don’t get why it can’t be a fluid thing, give them initially 1 section & if sales aren’t high enough from our supports release more tickets to them up to a maximum of 3 sections I would say! But give first refusal to home fans 

21 minutes ago, campbell said:

I don’t get why it can’t be a fluid thing, give them initially 1 section & if sales aren’t high enough from our supports release more tickets to them up to a maximum of 3 sections I would say! But give first refusal to home fans 

Because of the segregation barrier on the concourse it can only really be two options. Full stand or two sections. 

Only moveable factor being the segregation barrier/tarpaulin over the seats in the stand. 

4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

With high demand for Hearts tickets is it time we made some alterations to the number of away fans we welcome at Tynie?

See poll. 

Back in the 80s going to both Ibrox and Parkhead was not an issue for Hearts fans going in large numbers, huge away ends that comfortably accommodated the expected few thousand. 

When Hearts hit the top in 85/86 we roughly tripled our numbers going to both venues with the well documented full Broomloan, Dec 85 and roughly 8/9k at Parkhead in the February due to the high expectations and roller coaster ride we were on. 

When Rangers launched their rejuvenation campaign for 86/87 there was high demand for the glory hunting Royal Blue Bandwagon so they done the right thing and looked after their own and cut the away allocation for Aberdeen and Hearts (larger away support than the rest).

As the years rolled by our allocation was reduced gradually from half of the whole Broomloan to a quarter to then 2 sections then eventually into the corner once the ground was fully renovated and this was simply down to Rangers being very successful and the increasing demand from their own support. 

Our demand will continue if we continue to head in the right direction, if the team maintains that on the pitch then its time to say sorry Hibs, we're looking after our own and IF in return they do the same then I for one would accept a half empty Easter Road with a half empty Dunbar End due to them returning the reduced allocation offer. 

Just now, poultry said:

1 section for all. If they do the same then fire a donation in to our own club. Hibs will not be in a position for years to come where they can fill the Dunbar end, so they will loose out financially. 

THIS

joondalupjambo

Whose fault do you think the SFA think it is for the smoke bomb thingy and the object that hit Zander, was that a plastic bottle?

I am guessing they will simply say that we did not do enough fan body scans /checks before the game and that our Stewarding was poor.  No way they want to get too involved.

Also when the CCTV picks up what looks like somebody throwing something then the person says rubbish I was only throwing my arms up in the air, what then.

We do not seem to be catching folk, punishing them and then confirming that to all.  The whole thing is a circle of nothing.

Unless fans at the away end point out, or throw out their own this never ends or we scan/check all away fans we just carry on with the same things happening and all the post match moaning.  We were here when Bobby got punched, how long ago was that and here we are again.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Allowayjambo1874
15 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Whose fault do you think the SFA think it is for the smoke bomb thingy and the object that hit Zander, was that a plastic bottle?

I am guessing they will simply say that we did not do enough fan body scans /checks before the game and that our Stewarding was poor.  No way they want to get too involved.

Also when the CCTV picks up what looks like somebody throwing something then the person says rubbish I was only throwing my arms up in the air, what then.

We do not seem to be catching folk, punishing them and then confirming that to all.  The whole thing is a circle of nothing.

Unless fans at the away end point out, or throw out their own this never ends or we scan/check all away fans we just carry on with the same things happening and all the post match moaning.  We were here when Bobby got punched, how long ago was that and here we are again.

Think it was coins, cheap lighters and vapes in the main that were thrown on as well as plastic cups that are sold in the kiosks. Really don’t know why we cannot design a plastic barrier for segregation and/or netting to stop objects that are thrown.  Given the Bobby punch and the amount of shit thrown at players on Monday the club must be thinking about players safety surely. 

While the demand is there we should 100% cut everyone to the minimum. Hearts fans are queueing to get on the ST waiting list, and loads missed out on the derby. We are doing it out of some sort of goodwill agreement but they keep ****ing themselves by throwing stuff, trashing seats, hitting players etc.

Let us fill the stand and tell them to ram it.

Voted 1 for all but still think the Derby is special when you Hlhave a decent away crowd.  Not against cutting it though but 100% close season ammendments should be made to the away end to allow for 1 section for old firm fans. No idea why they get 2 sections. 

I used to be 'For' giving hubz the full Roseburn. After their behaviour on Monday, I now think 1 section for all visiting supporters. Lets face it, we should prioritise our fans. Hibs may try the same with us,  but I dont think they can afford not to give us the full Dunbar End. If we gave rangers & celtic the same % of capacity as they give us the OF will be lucky to get 100 tickets. 

4 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

This is a debate that will rumble on because we are starting to see the potential Hearts have always had. The demand is going to grow and grow and there must be planning going on in the background to ensure as many Hearts supporters get into Tynecastle as possible.

In my opinion, its already time to give ALL away supporters the bare minimum required and building works should begin to make it a permanent away section for league games.

As for the kneejerk reaction to the vermin scum throwing a bottle and cutting the head out keeper, id be asking the SPFL for special dispensation to ban Hibs supporters from the stadium for the next time they are due to visit.

A message needs sending and it needs sending now. Imagine if that had happened in the 1st 10 minutes, imagine if that injury had forced Zander from the pitch. Im predicting a potential riot.

Its going to happen if this Shit isnt nipped in bud now, enough is enough.

Great post and really agree with your points. Our obligation as a club is to the our fans first and foremost. As things stand, there aren't enough seats to cope with demand comfortably, and walk ups are being stuck with whats left. We could probably get more fans in if there were more seats together for example but capacity is probably too restrictive for that. Reducing the away end to virtually nothing seems to be the quickest (sort of) fix for this. I think the building works to to some minor redevelopment of the Roseburn to create an away end would help a lot. It might also reduce seats lost to segregation. No club has a right to thousands of tickets at our ground. 

Also think Hibs need their knuckles rapped for the Zander incident. If it happens in the first minute, there is every chance it takes the edge off his game and actually has an impact on the field. Its totally unacceptable and decisive action needs to be taken to ensure this cannot happen again. Am I saying all Hearts fans are angels and nothing has ever been thrown in anger from our end? No. But it seems to be common place at Easter Road and their away crowd and it needs to stop before something seriously bad happens. At the absolute very least, they should lose the lower part of the stand so netting can be installed to protect our players. Ron can hardly greet about that, especially if its not marketed as a punitive action by the club, just an action/reaction thing. I.e no announcement, just do it and offer them less tickets. 

Gorgie_Rules

We could well see a scenario where hibs get relegated, we sell out ‘full’ season tickets for 3 and a half sections of the Roseburn, then when hibs come back up they only get 1 section due to season ticket renewals.

I get the giving them the whole stand so we get it at Easter Road, but to not sell full season tickets just incase hibs come back up the following season would be madness.

All for 1 section for them all..but we still need to leave part of Roseburn for walk ups to continue to grow our own support.

10 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Up until now I've been all for giving Hibs the full away end but not anymore !! One section for every club from now on in my opinion.

Same

7 hours ago, Sarah O said:

I have a solid FTH stance, the poll is probably prejudice as such. 

Fair enough but that discredits the legitimacy of the poll as being representative of the views of JKB members, especially when options that appear to have some broad support are not included.

Full for Hibs. 1 for the OF. I love going to Hibs away and don’t want to spoil the arrangement we have with them regarding full stands. 

If you don’t go to Hibs away, I can see why you would vote to cut them, but if you do go, it’s a no brainer to keep it the way it is. 

Defo cut the OF to the extreme through. I assume we will next season 

Watching match of the day, The away section at arsenal is roughly 3000 in a 60,000 seater. If my maths is right the equivalent at Tynecastle would be 1000 away fans. That's plenty regardless of who we play.

It's simple, you give each club what they give Hearts.

Hibs, full stand is fine as that's what they give as well.

Old Firm - should be 1,000 max. 

Dundee United can have two sections since they give a healthy away allocation at Tannadice. Kilmarnock too if they were ever able to bring more than three figures.

On another note, I see Aberdeen only getting one section this month. Be the smallest allocation of tickets they've had since a midweek game in 1997-98 when Hearts were very much still in the title race - which if I recall was pay at the gate and had fans from both sides locked out.

Does anyone know the outcome of the so called investigation from Hibs from the Derby match at Easter Rd earlier in the season ? 

Edited by dannymack

Shooter McGavin

Full stand for Hibs (as it’s reciprocated), and the absolute bare minimum for Celtic & Rangers. A single upper section if possible.

I actually think we’d pick up more points against Celtic & Rangers if they didn’t have as many fans behind them, whereas with Hibs we’ll win regardless.

We won’t see the hobbits back at Tynecastle this season. If they stay avoid relegation then we should have the first two home games next season. They won’t even make top six this season. Therefore we have two away games at the echodome  to play. 

Let’s announce it next season season that we give them one section of the Roseburn. That’s good enough for them. So what if they reciprocate. The ones with the most LP’s will deservedly get a ticket to watch us down there. I’ve had my fill of these vile clubs on our ground and it should be one section for all. I’d rather ban the bigot twins in their entirety if I’m honest but maybe I’m taking things to the extreme 

Allowayjambo1874
5 hours ago, GC81 said:

It's simple, you give each club what they give Hearts.

Hibs, full stand is fine as that's what they give as well.

Old Firm - should be 1,000 max. 

Dundee United can have two sections since they give a healthy away allocation at Tannadice. Kilmarnock too if they were ever able to bring more than three figures.

On another note, I see Aberdeen only getting one section this month. Be the smallest allocation of tickets they've had since a midweek game in 1997-98 when Hearts were very much still in the title race - which if I recall was pay at the gate and had fans from both sides locked out.

Why give like for like though? Parkhead is 61k, Ibrox 52k if you work out % then it’s less than 2% of capacity, if we give 750 (2 sections) that’s 4%, one section is around 370 which equates to the same %  they give us. Other Scottish clubs need cash so much that apart from Hibs no one will reduce our allocation out of spite. Need to look after our own, one section all round. Better for players both football wise and safety wise, better for our fans and hopefully more in week in week out Will future proof the club. Loss of revenue in ticket money is only downside, which is why we need to sort the segregation area so that we are not losing ridiculously large amount of seating. 

Voice of reason

The behaviour of Hibs fans at Tynecastle is appalling. Give them one section and I’d say they’d be fortunate to get that. Our players and supporters should not be showered with missiles, not to mention damage to toilets and seats etc. Too many wee needs in balaclavas thinking they are a mini-branch of the green brigade/IRA. I feel for the decent Hibs supporters, and they are the majority, but no one can argue that the missile throwing from their end at Tynecastle has crossed a line.

The Treasurer
15 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Some good points made here.

Firstly, I'm afraid you will be correct, the sfa (if they actually do get involved) will turn the blame on us for lack of stewarding etc.

As for scanning/checking all away fans, this happens to us when we go to the arse cheeks.

If it means that it takes longer to get in, tough, the safety of our players is far more important than some visiting fans missing the kick off

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Does anyone know the outcome of the so called investigation from Hibs from the Derby match at Easter Rd earlier in the season ? 

I suspect they borrowed the brush that the gfa use for "investigating" sectarian chants at OF games

Placid Casual

Is it still the case in Cup matches that a certain percentage must be allocated to away fans?

Thinking, if so, that is the maximum allocation we should give for league matches too – and set up the Roseburn accordingly.

Edited by Placid Casual

8 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Is it still the case in Cup matches that a certain percentage must be allocated to away fans?

Thinking, if so, that is the maximum allocation we should give for league matches too – and set up the Roseburn accordingly.

In the Scottish Cup away clubs can claim up to 20% of the capacity of the stadium. Which at Tynecastle pretty much means the full Roseburn stand.

LochcarronJambo
23 hours ago, kila said:

1 for all clubs bar Hibs.

I'd absolutely love Celtic and Rangers to get a single section. Would really piss them off. Hibs, we have an arrangement and keeps the derby a bit more special.

Exactly

Placid Casual
10 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

In the Scottish Cup away clubs can claim up to 20% of the capacity of the stadium. Which at Tynecastle pretty much means the full Roseburn stand.

Thanks. Wasn't sure of the percentage.

AlphonseCapone
On 04/01/2023 at 12:00, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Up until now I've been all for giving Hibs the full away end but not anymore !! One section for every club from now on in my opinion.

Same. Changed my opinion. 

I was always for giving hibs the full stand until Monday. All teams, 1 section. To save losing on cash re segregation, could a large barrier be erected so we don't have to leave as many seats empty? Also install netting in front of away end.

On 04/01/2023 at 16:56, SUTOL said:

Because of the segregation barrier on the concourse it can only really be two options. Full stand or two sections. 

Only moveable factor being the segregation barrier/tarpaulin over the seats in the stand. 

Invest in barriers that can be installed that are movable, surely wouldn’t cost that much 

Whats the bare minimum we can give away fans? IIRC the away corner at Ibrox is only 900 seats which is not even 2% of capacity. Maybe a proportionally similar amount would be fair? 350 tickets. 

Brick Tamland
On 04/01/2023 at 12:02, Luckies1874 said:

As many Hearts fans in Tynecastle as possible. Why would we ever lock out our own fans, makes no sense in the short or long term. Some of those with ST's in the Roseburn will be the future revenue streams of our club for decades to come. 

I say this as someone who has enjoyed many momentous and huge occasions at Easter Road and appreciate fully the concern, of some, that they will limit our allocation too but it's a no brainer for me when we have Hearts fans wanting to attend matches at our own stadium. Really the only reason we are not doing this is the possibility Hibs do likewise and I don't think it's a good enough one to stop an extra 2000+ Hearts fans attending a home derby. 

100% this. 
I’m not convinced H1b5 would do that though, with old Ron in charge too much coin to miss out on. 

11 minutes ago, campbell said:

Invest in barriers that can be installed that are movable, surely wouldn’t cost that much 

I think you need to provided toilets and facilities etc. These will need to be segregated, obviously.

Bit of building work required and maybe some outside the box thinking with access and egress.

Portable barriers as you say and jobs a good un.

Build it and we will keep them out 😀

Jingle Bells

Club has a Duty of Care to all it's employees including Catering Staff, Ball Boys and Players.

One section only, on review if they can't behave.

Besides giving The Shite £30 odd quid a pop to visit the piggery is abhorrent, imho.

31 minutes ago, OTT said:

Whats the bare minimum we can give away fans? IIRC the away corner at Ibrox is only 900 seats which is not even 2% of capacity. Maybe a proportionally similar amount would be fair? 350 tickets. 

In comparison to what the bigot brothers give us in % of capacity we should give them 200 tickets so 350 seats is more than enough for them.  :thumbsup: