VAPES

dannymack

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

How will reducing their allocation prevent doubling up at the Turnstiles?

Obviously easier to control and check if they actually have tickets 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How will reducing their allocation prevent doubling up at the Turnstiles?

Give them 400 seats, 200 tickets. 

smart-thinking.gif

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We should get our own house in order, a bottle was thrown at Marshall from the Gorgie stand, as seen in the Humphrys goal replay.

And the shit launched at the Turks we got fined for and RFS.

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Obviously easier to control and check if they actually have tickets 

Our tickets are always checked prior to getting near the Easter Road turnstiles. I assume that already happens at Tynecastle. 

Italian Lambretta

While we are on the subject of throwing stuff yesterday the young lads/girls in upper section n thought it was great to lob their Juice, Coffee, Bovril and most likely their beer down into the lower section when we scored.

Wish to feck they would stop this nonesense

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

While we are on the subject of throwing stuff yesterday the young lads/girls in upper section n thought it was great to lob their Juice, Coffee, Bovril and most likely their beer down into the lower section when we scored.

Wish to feck they would stop this nonesense

At least you still have something to moan about.

Every cloud.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Our tickets are always checked prior to getting near the Easter Road turnstiles. I assume that already happens at Tynecastle. 

It would appear not, btw if you mean by checked I’m assuming you mean waving a bit of paper in a steward’s general direction, that about sums up a security check at ER

2 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

The answer is simple, and I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to really happen, there's probably some reason I'm not aware of, but surely we just need to have all areas covered by cctv and identify/charge the culprits. 

We shouldn't be punishing whole clubs and innocent people for the sake of a few utter arseholes. 

THIS in spadeloads. What's the point in having a Police control tower that either doesn't identify, or have the proper eqiupment to identify all these imbeciles? It would be worth it to identify this pondlife and give them massive fines, etc.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

At least you still have something to moan about.

Every cloud.

There will always be something😀

No Idle Talk

Throwing pyro on to the pitch is no better. 

The solution to this problem is not to pull up the drawbridge and ruin the atmosphere at the Derby matches. The solution is to be much more aggressive about identifying who the individuals are who are throwing things on to the pitch and punishing them accordingly.

4 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

It would appear not, btw if you mean by checked I’m assuming you mean waving a bit of paper in a steward’s general direction, that about sums up a security check at ER

Yeah, the ticket. 😄

maroonsgotop
31 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Its seems to be every game they play at tynie this shit happens, even at home the hobo fans are a disgrace, yet nout ever seems to happen and lets  face it had that been Hearts fans, all over the papers 

totally agree. Almost silence on this in the media but if it was the other way round we'd get hammered for it. They've been getting away with it for years yet nothing happens. I wonder why?

1 hour ago, jambo19 said:

Problem being there seemed to be none in the ground or willing to take action against a blatant offence.

He's out the stand and on the park so if he's lifted surely no complaints.

I don't actually know how many police are inside the stadiums these days, but it will be less than it used to be. Simple fact is that stewards are cheaper and as someone says, the clubs pay for what's on the terracing/inside the ground. You can get a lot more stewards for the price of a cop and comply with the safety requirements. The problem then becomes that stewards with no personal safety equipment or training to manhandle people are left to 'manage' the problem. When someone who's getting paid about a penny more than a lightbulb looks at getting in amongst that, can you blame them for looking away? I know there's a point of principle here, but I wouldn't have their job.

Also, in some ways although all seated stadia have made it easier to identify culprits, it's actually quite risky getting along along a row to lift them. It's an inherently imbalanced position to be in and it just takes a push for someone to go over quite a distance and then also land on spectators below. Approved way to do it would be half a dozen people (either cops or stewards) in the row above and another half dozen in the row where the offender is to pull them out and give protection. It's a long thin line though so if the target goes fighting it all gets very messy very quickly and inevitably there's danger for the spectators in the vicinity, innocent or not.

The boy going on the park though, should have been ejected. The stewards have the right under the ground rules but no legal standing or authority to back it up. Resisting a cop is a separate offence, resisting the stewards just compounds the original contravention of the ground regulations.

55 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Beam it back to Tynecastle,  we'll actually make more money while they lose £000's.

I like the cut of your jib sir 

Edited by Hesh

4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I’ve always been against cutting the allocation for them as it’s great for the atmosphere, but the throwing of objects is beyond a joke now, the worst support for it in Scotland even including the OF. It’s every derby, it’s constantly highlighted & nothing is done about it, we know it comes from their “block seven” gimps because it’s the same part of the ground at ER every time. If they won’t stop then cut them to one upper tier section & ban all those associated with that group from the stadium. 

Yup, close the lower section and start using some sort of netting to protect our players. 

Its ridiculous and like you say, its beyond a joke because this is not an isolated incident. 

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

Dangerous missile if thrown and if it hits its target. 

Highlighted after Shanks celebrates the first goal, one thrown just as Shanks dispatches the penalty and when the players celebrate at the Wheatfield Stand. 

I know Hearts fans were not angels in the past so there maybe a sprinkling of hypocrisy with my post but the current consistency with the Hibs lot throwing objects at opposition players is getting beyond a joke, numerous investigations claimed after incidents highlighted but no outcome from the authorities.

Time to cut their allocation and accommodate our own ??? 

IMAGE courtesy of Malcolm Mackenzie @hmfcalum

Screenshot_20230103-133308_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230102-183959_WhatsApp.jpg

Got hit in the head by one last time we were at Easter rd. Lucky I had a hat on

Vaping always reminds me of that HEBS anti-smoking cartoon advert from the 80s or 90s about people sucking on blue sticks...Just seems utterly pointless and looks stupid. At least smoking had a certain coolness cachet due to it being done in the movies - never yet see anyone vaping in a movie! Haha

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Vaping should be banned tbh. Completely pointless habit 

Correct... the most worrying aspect of vaping is the amount of young yins that are using the horrible things.

31 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Correct... the most worrying aspect of vaping is the amount of young yins that are using the horrible things.

I know folk that vape that had never smoked. Weird as ****.

7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I can’t believe there are still people wanting to lock out 2000 Hearts fans from a HOME derby to let 2000 Hibs fans watch it instead

This.  Hearts fans chucked out the Roseburn to accommodate this filth.

queensferryjambo

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies in advance if discussed.

In the first half Ginnelly was running down towards the box in a great position and it looked like he would get to the ball and get into the box well ahead of any Hibs player then he slowed down.

He then had a pop at the linesman or even some Hearts fans moaning and proceded to throw a vape or lighter off the pitch.

I am presuming he was hit by it during his run, did anyone else see this?

Shooter McGavin

Don’t know what goes through peoples mind. CCTV absolutely everywhere.

:facepalm:

Edited by Shooter McGavin

I assume Doncaster is in the middle of his winter hibernation. He only seems to appear at the beginning of a season making idle threats but should be commenting on issues like this.

16 hours ago, best in the land said:

Cut their allocation and get in more hearts fans at home.

Then watch them struggling to fill er when they do the same.

Fu@£ them.

Correct. They would lose a potential £90k a game twice a season if they are lucky. 

John Findlay
12 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies in advance if discussed.

In the first half Ginnelly was running down towards the box in a great position and it looked like he would get to the ball and get into the box well ahead of any Hibs player then he slowed down.

He then had a pop at the linesman or even some Hearts fans moaning and proceded to throw a vape or lighter off the pitch.

I am presuming he was hit by it during his run, did anyone else see this?

I did wonder why he slowed down. I was screaming at him from my seat high up in section S that he could have caught up with the ball and kept it in play. I thought, possibly wrongly, that it was a lack of desire on his part.

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I did wonder why he slowed down. I was screaming at him from my seat high up in section S that he could have caught up with the ball and kept it in play. I thought, possibly wrongly, that it was a lack of desire on his part.

Yes watching on TV I thought the same and if it was a missile the linesman ( never an assistant ref ) should have brought it to the attention of the match officials proper, ie fourth or ref.

Holyrood_Hearts
21 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I can’t believe there are still people wanting to lock out 2000 Hearts fans from a HOME derby to let 2000 Hibs fans watch it instead

Jimmy I Cant believe you don’t understand why this is.

Holyrood_Hearts
13 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Don’t know what goes through peoples mind. CCTV absolutely everywhere.

:facepalm:

I just don’t understand it. I’ve never been that angry or pissed off during a game I’ve thrown anything at an opposition player or into the away support. ****ing mindless. Those who thrown coins/glass bottles etc disgust me.  

indianajones

Easy one for the clubs/Police Scotland surely? 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Both grabbed from the below video. Not a million miles away from Shanks head.

Edited by indianajones