Greedy Jambo

Dick Dastardly
55 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Heaven - the cup final 2012 on repeat

Hell - reruns of Wycliffe all day 

He isn't that bad... 

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

People have been wondering about that since our species became sentient.  It's a tough question but we should never underestimate the power of JKB to provide an answer.

Amen.

But also ...🤣

As far as I'm aware, the late psychic spirit medium Colin Fry hasn't "told" anyone what its like to be dead.  Probably because he can't .... because he's dead     

Meanwhile the wife of the late psychic spirit medium Derek Acorah is making a small fortune selling Derek's (ahem) "messages" from beyond the grave to gullible believers ........ 

:wonga:

That thing you do

Start with the obvious...no man in the sky.

Ive spent time in Nepal and so Im open to reincarnation as a possible what next.

But its 80-20 you drift off as if sleeping into nothingness.

Edited by That thing you do

That thing you do
12 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I know what happens when I die.

Kickback closes for 7 days as a mark of respect.

It never re-opens.

Because after your 7th day it happens to tie in with the apocalypse?

Or you just really jealous from beyond the grave of missing out?

highlandjambo3
On 29/12/2022 at 00:45, Greedy Jambo said:

What if our body is just a suit, and we move to a new born baby with zero memories of our past.

I’m sure there are one or two films (can’t quite recall) with that type of theme…….Stephen king did a book/film where someone came back as a dog…….all fantasy stuff mind 

12 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

As far as I'm aware, the late psychic spirit medium Colin Fry hasn't "told" anyone what its like to be dead.  Probably because he can't .... because he's dead     

Meanwhile the wife of the late psychic spirit medium Derek Acorah is making a small fortune selling Derek's (ahem) "messages" from beyond the grave to gullible believers ........ 

:wonga:

These charlatans really anger me when they take advantages of vulnerable people who haven’t managed the grieving process well. 

I’ve got a few nieces and nephews . One of my nieces often goes to one of those spiritualists . She told me one time my dead brother ( who died tragically ) was 

“ asking “ for me and was “ thinking about me” ! I was obviously sensitive to my neice but had to say eventually I didn’t believe in spirituals and I didn’t want to hear any of this type of thing again. I found it more upsetting than comforting . 

Pile of poo 💩 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

4 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Because after your 7th day it happens to tie in with the apocalypse?

Or you just really jealous from beyond the grave of missing out?

Grief is powerful. Many just wont get over it. It'll be like Geri leaving the Spice Girls....what's the point anymore they'll say.

4 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Start with the obvious...no man in the sky.

Ive spent time in Nepal and so Im open to reincarnation as a possible what next.

But its 80-20 you drift off as if sleeping into nothingness.

When I was a child I used to be obsessed with death ! A goth before even goth were about in some ways . I’d panic thinking it and wonder what happened at the moment you died and wondered about living in darkness for eternity ! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well we are all closer to finding out now than we were when this thread started:sadrobbo:

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Well we are all closer to finding out now than we were when this thread started:sadrobbo:

😂🫢😓

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

😂🫢😓

My mum used to say " you die if you worry, you die if you don't, so why worry at all" 

I still worry though 😅

4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

My mum used to say " you die if you worry, you die if you don't, so why worry at all" 

I still worry though 😅

Tell me about it . I try not to and im

learning strategies to help it too . 

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Tell me about it . I try not to and im

learning strategies to help it too . 

I suppose like everyone I would like to go in a favourite place with a loved one close by, not in a hospital bed. Line from a song " Everyone goes away in the end" On that note I have depressed people enough for a Friday 😁

5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I suppose like everyone I would like to go in a favourite place with a loved one close by, not in a hospital bed. Line from a song " Everyone goes away in the end" On that note I have depressed people enough for a Friday 😁

Aye piss off 😂

I found this very moving and uplifting .  Billie Lourd is the daughter of Carrie Fisher and grand daughter of Debbie Reynolds 

D9EFE974-99BF-4E5C-B59A-C5F127FB4B48.jpeg

3212B691-0D2A-4EB2-9FE0-7F94760BA0E3.jpeg

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

These charlatans really anger me when they take advantages of vulnerable people who haven’t managed the grieving process well. 

I’ve got a few nieces and nephews . One of my nieces often goes to one of those spiritualists . She told me one time my dead brother ( who died tragically ) was 

“ asking “ for me and was “ thinking about me” ! I was obviously sensitive to my neice but had to say eventually I didn’t believe in spirituals and I didn’t want to hear any of this type of thing again. I found it more upsetting than comforting . 

Pile of poo 💩 

Oh that must have been very  upsetting for you, James.    I remember seeing sceptics like Richard Wiseman and Derren Brown reveal  the gentle tricks these chancers use to elicit info from the grieving relative about the deceased person and his/her family, so that they can appear genuine by mentioning them during their (ahem) "communication" with the deceased.     

It sounds like your niece was a keen attender at those spiritual sessions, and might well have been too forthcoming with info about your late brother's family - maybe including names.

My wife had a profound moment about 12 years ago when she went with a friend to see a psychic event in a church hall in Edinburgh.     She swears that neither she nor her friend  revealed anything, but the psychic lady on stage picked her out in the audience and correctly named me as her husband and the name of her deceased grandmother - and that her grandmother had "visited" her  a few days previously when she was sitting on the bed looking at  old photos (again, my wife verified that she did exactly that). 

Spooky.  Of course, I sneered at the whole thing when she came home and told me - and suggested that the psychic lady's skill is more likely to be mind-reading (yes, I don't know how that works either !  😃).   

9 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Oh that must have been very  upsetting for you, James.    I remember seeing sceptics like Richard Wiseman and Derren Brown reveal  the gentle tricks these chancers use to elicit info from the grieving relative about the deceased person and his/her family, so that they can appear genuine by mentioning them during their (ahem) "communication" with the deceased.     

It sounds like your niece was a keen attender at those spiritual sessions, and might well have been too forthcoming with info about your late brother's family - maybe including names.

My wife had a profound moment about 12 years ago when she went with a friend to see a psychic event in a church hall in Edinburgh.     She swears that neither she nor her friend  revealed anything, but the psychic lady on stage picked her out in the audience and correctly named me as her husband and the name of her deceased grandmother - and that her grandmother had "visited" her  a few days previously when she was sitting on the bed looking at  old photos (again, my wife verified that she did exactly that). 

Spooky.  Of course, I sneered at the whole thing when she came home and told me - and suggested that the psychic lady's skill is more likely to be mind-reading (yes, I don't know how that works either !  😃).   

It was and my poor niece and her siblings were / are particularly vulnerable due to the nature of my brothers death . However it gives her some kind of solace and comfort I suppose ?

I recall the tricks Doris stokes used to do . This was pre internet . She received a multitude of letters from her “ fans “ . In those letters those people would let it all ouy about they dead loved ones , details , names , relationship issues etc . So miss stokes and her entourage kept this letters and filed them by city . So when she did a tour she would she would look out letters from those fans who lived in that city ! Quite a simple plan really but very lucrative . 

The internet is now awash with peoples  details and those “ psychics “ only need to basic because when they speak to ask audience member , the audience Member will no doubt sing like a canary . Plus they usually ask vague questions which audience members fills in the dots . 

The biggest curse of self-awareness and consciousness is the knowledge that someday it will all be over and that will be that. I try not to think about it, but it's one of those background thoughts that always pops up. 

The more things go on, the less I'm convinced that we don't just live in a big simulation though :lol:

9 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I’m sure there are one or two films (can’t quite recall) with that type of theme…….Stephen king did a book/film where someone came back as a dog…….all fantasy stuff mind 

Pet Sematary was the book (and 2 films). On the subject I believe we go on, to what I'm not sure, but we'll never know