Robbie Neilson ( merged )

Absolute Scenes

2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Just stating the facts. I would rather have Hibs 1 point from 2 games and -1 goals difference than our 0 points from 3 games and -8 goal difference. We have given Rangers two ridiculously easy games at Tynecastle this season.

I'd rather be 6 points clear in 3rd after 24 games against everybody. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• i wish jj was my dad

• BlueRiver

14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Hibs certainly do better against Rangers than we do!  We’ve lost our last 7 against them.

We drew with them at Hampden (before losing in Et) and also at Ibrox last season.

Hibs beat Rangers in the League Cup semi final last year and that's their only win in 5 years against Rangers whereas we've beaten them twice so not sure I agree that they do better against Rangers. 

2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

It’s the 15 hammerings that are a concern. We’re not learning. Jim Jefferies took 6 hammerings in 1998 before a couple of credible draws in Glasgow then the biggest day of most of our lives, if you’re my age. He learned. 

Did he? Or did we just have a reasonable couple games against them under him. One of which happened to be a cup final? 

21 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Hibs certainly do better against Rangers than we do!  We’ve lost our last 7 against them.

Hibs have taken a point off them in about 10 meetings. 

Let's not act like plucky wee Hibs are routinely taking points off them either. 

31 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Since October 2021 we’ve played, I think 11 games v Rangers/Celtic and 8 European ties. In those 19 games we’ve beaten a Latvian side home and away and lost every other match, 15 of those matches we were hammered. At what point does that become a concern? 

When they change the rules of league football so that only points won against Celtic and Rangers actually count.

Nelly Terraces

All the players fault tonight apparently. 

Robbie Neilson: Takes no responsibility, ever. And quite and arrogant guy actually.

8 minutes ago, 23851 said:

I saw my first game at Tynecastle in 1957 or 58 and started going regularly from 1963 to 2010. I have health problems now so don’t go as often as I would like so please don’t accuse me of not being a Hearts man. 

I apologise, you quite clearly are a Hearts man.

Sorry to hear about the health problems but that doesn't mean that you can't be pulled up for talking pish and you are talking pish.

Soul destroying performance,abysmal tactics,the keystroke cops would've been laughing at that set up tonight,manager should man up and take the blame. Think that's 1 goal against rangers in last 8 games.

I was warming to Neilson, but he got this sooo wrong tonight, that could have been a cricket score tonight, you'd think he would learn, but no he doesn't.

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

I'd rather be 6 points clear in 3rd after 24 games against everybody. 

You are deliberately missing the point. Other teams in our league, who aren't as good as Hearts, are able to give Rangers a real game. Aberdeen have done it twice recently. But we have capitulated and gifted them wins through bizarre team selections and poor performances. We can and should do better.

8 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

It’s the 15 hammerings that are a concern. We’re not learning. Jim Jefferies took 6 hammerings in 1998 before a couple of credible draws in Glasgow then the biggest day of most of our lives, if you’re my age. He learned. 

I am your age, apart from that day in May JJ did not have a record that outshines Robbie's. But for a couple of duff penalties against Celtic he wouldn't even have that over him.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

19 games, we've lost 17 that we were expected to lose and won 2 that we were expected to.

Aye that's concerning.

Of course it’s concerning.  We got smashed in most of them, hardly competed in any of them.  We haven’t taken a single point in 11 games against Celtic and Rangers while lesser teams in the league do.  We shouldn’t be conceding 3 or 4 every time we play Rangers or Celtic at home this season while they struggle at other venues.   Your bar must be incredibly low. 

3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Did he? Or did we just have a reasonable couple games against them under him. One of which happened to be a cup final? 

Extremely disingenuous nonsense. Were you not paying attention? Perhaps you’re too young but any time JJ or BB talk about that final they’ll talk about how they were too open against Rantic early in that season because he believed we could take them on at their game. Absolutely pumped, although games were exciting. Changed tactics and drew twice v Celtic and once v Rangers. The final league meeting v Rangers was 0-3 but they were still going for title and we played our reserves with the final in mind.

Read up on it if you are indeed too young. If you’re not too young, WTF are you on about? 

3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

You are deliberately missing the point. Other teams in our league, who aren't as good as Hearts, are able to give Rangers a real game. Aberdeen have done it twice recently. But we have capitulated and gifted them wins through bizarre team selections and poor performances. We can and should do better.

We are also capable of doing so. Those other teams take their fair share of utter arse rattlings and late failures too. 

The vast majority of our league get hammered every single time. That's why Rangers are as far away from us as we are from the bottom. 

Too much of a rose-tinted view of how the rest of the league performs in my opinion. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Nik5122 said:

Soul destroying performance,abysmal tactics,the keystroke cops would've been laughing at that set up tonight,manager should man up and take the blame. Think that's 1 goal against rangers in last 8 games.

That’s an appalling stat.  Apparently it’s ok though because we’re expected to lose to them. 

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I am your age, apart from that day in May JJ did not have a record that outshines Robbie's. But for a couple of duff penalties against Celtic he wouldn't even have that over him.

If my Auntie had baws…

5 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Robbie Neilson: Takes no responsibility, ever. And quite and arrogant guy actually.

I've not heard his post match interview, and I don't want to, but if he's not shouldering any of the blame tonight then it won't be long before he loses the respect of the players.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Of course it’s concerning.  We got smashed in most of them, hardly competed in any of them.  We haven’t taken a single point in 11 games against Celtic and Rangers while lesser teams in the league do.  We shouldn’t be conceding 3 or 4 every time we play Rangers or Celtic at home this season while they struggle at other venues.   Your bar must be incredibly low. 

Some posters want us to win against 11 teams.

You seem fixated on our results against just 2. 

Who's setting the higher bar?

Edited by Rampant
Misquote

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

My bar is set at 3rd in the league with occasional cup finals thrown in, European group football puts us over my bar.

Where's yours?

Just now, Shaggy2 said:

Extremely disingenuous nonsense. Were you not paying attention? Perhaps you’re too young but any time JJ or BB talk about that final they’ll talk about how they were too open against Rantic early in that season because he believed we could take them on at their game. Absolutely pumped, although games were exciting. Changed tactics and drew twice v Celtic and once v Rangers. The final league meeting v Rangers was 0-3 but they were still going for title and we played our reserves with the final in mind.

Read up on it if you are indeed too young. If you’re not too young, WTF are you on about? 

1998 are my first football memories really but a couple of draws bookended by gubbings isn't that impressive. Scottish Cup win is why we're even talking about it otherwise no one would care enough to remember. 

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

1998 are my first football memories really but a couple of draws bookended by gubbings isn't that impressive. Scottish Cup win is why we're even talking about it otherwise no one would care enough to remember. 

More impressive than 11 straight defeats. 

10 minutes ago, Rampant said:

When they change the rules of league football so that only points won against Celtic and Rangers actually count.

This is a particularly salient point. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Hibs have taken a point off them in about 10 meetings. 

Let's not act like plucky wee Hibs are routinely taking points off them either. 

Pumped them 3-1 in a semi though.  They used to routinely take points off Rangers and struggle against Celtic, although last couple of seasons, let’s be honest, they’ve been shite against everyone. 

The White Cockade

Robbie get Shankland back up top ffs

our best scoring centre forward in 30 years and he’s playing him as a workhorse in midfield 

Madness!

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Some posters want us to win against 11 teams.

You seem fixated on our results against just 2. 

Who's setting the higher bar?

Shouldn’t we all want to win against 11 teams?

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

I apologise, you quite clearly are a Hearts man.

Sorry to hear about the health problems but that doesn't mean that you can't be pulled up for talking pish and you are talking pish.

You are entitled to disagree with me but to say I am talking pish is rather harsh! Because your perception of the cup game is different from mine does not mean I am talking pish! It could actually mean you’re talking pish. Opinions are opinions and nobody’s opinion means the other is pish!! 

Just now, 23851 said:

You are entitled to disagree with me but to say I am talking pish is rather harsh! Because your perception of the cup game is different from mine does not mean I am talking pish! It could actually mean you’re talking pish. Opinions are opinions and nobody’s opinion means the other is pish!! 

No, you were definitely talking pish.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Pumped them 3-1 in a semi though.  They used to routinely take points off Rangers and struggle against Celtic, although last couple of seasons, let’s be honest, they’ve been shite against everyone. 

Fair point I'd forgotten the semi. 

They routinely took points off Rangers for a couple of seasons when they were Championship and perhaps one season afterwards. A blip. 

Will say though that one goal in 8 meetings stat someone has pulled out earlier is particularly bad reading. Dunno why that's actually got to me more than losing the games! 

1 minute ago, 23851 said:

We're aw talking pish. 

Robbie is a serviceable coach for us. He understands the club and the Scottish league.

But a tactician he ain’t. Whenever he tries to be tactically innovative, like tonight, the result is………well, like tonight!

Just stick to the basics Robbie.That’s what you do best.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

My bar is set at 3rd in the league with occasional cup finals thrown in, European group football puts us over my bar.

Where's yours?

No point getting to cup finals if you lose them all, as Luke Shaw said tonight. 

No doubt you wouldn’t be concerned if we were losing 10-0 every game against the OF as long as we get 3rd.

9 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I've not heard his post match interview, and I don't want to, but if he's not shouldering any of the blame tonight then it won't be long before he loses the respect of the players.

I'm quite sure what he says in public is totally different to what is said in privacy of dressing room & training ground.

MR INCREDIBLE

Just watched St Mirren.

Their manager seemed to have this novel idea of playing his players in their correct positions.

It seemed to work as they looked quite organised .

Maybe we should give it a go !

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

No point getting to cup finals if you lose them all, as Luke Shaw said tonight. 

No doubt you wouldn’t be concerned if we were losing 10-0 every game against the OF as long as we get 3rd.

Luke Shaw is talking garbage, if you don't get to cup finals you definitely won't ever win one.

Your next sentence is something I'd expect from somebody like Luke Shaw.

Just now, Korky said:

Robbie is a serviceable coach for us. He understands the club and the Scottish league.

But a tactician he ain’t. Whenever he tries to be tactically innovative, like tonight, the result is………well, like tonight!

Just stick to the basics Robbie.That’s what you do best.

The job at Hearts has become one of the easiest because our board are soft as shite , I’m sorry but he showed himself up for being naive and incapable of being any better than he is  finish the season and move on how many chances does this man get

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Shouldn’t we all want to win against 11 teams?

Yes. That's my point. 

We won't be able to do that though. It is too high a bar, let's be realistic.

If we win against 9, and lose against 2, that's pretty decent. We shouldn't be questioning the manager's position because of those 2 losses. At least, not after just a couple of seasons in the job. Slow build, unfortunately, such is the gap.

Edited by Rampant

1 minute ago, graygo said:

No, you were definitely talking pish.

I suggest you have another look at the cup game without your maroon tinted specs on! Like lots of other Jambos you have a blinkered view of some games. I am happy to stand by my assessment of that game but in any case I am out of here! 

16 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Oh Robbie definitely got the tactics wrong, he went for it and we were far too open and clearly not good enough to execute the game plan but a lot falls into players who were below the required level as well, Hill, Kingsley and McKay on particular

24 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

We weren’t ultra attacking though. Shelling the ball to Allan McGregor isn’t ultra attacking. Taking throw ins in the opposing half that end up back at our keeper isn’t ultra attacking. Rangers didn’t tear us apart because we overcommitted players forward. Rangers played through us because as you rightly said we lost the midfield and as has been proven tonight playing attacking players out of position on the edge of their own box isn’t attacking. That was as negative a home performance as I’ve seen and was easy for the rangers.

The team selection was badly wrong and shouldn’t happen again.

The intention clearly was to attack, with pace but it simply didn't work and it left us exposed, the point I tried to make was that Robbie usually get slated for being defensive and negative. Read pretty much any post match obituary against the Glasgow bigots and it's always the same "Robbie shits the bed against the old firm" "negative Neilson" 

Well tonight he want full on balls out and it didn't work 

14 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Ranger and Celtic do sometimes.take their eye off the ball and slip up, but very rarely do they do it against us, they hear the noise about wanting to break into the top 2, they both hate us and they are ALWAYS up for it, in a way they don't for other teams 

20 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

That's like saying wasn't helped by Snodgrass not running skinning his man and running 30yds with ball. Different players bring different attributes and expecting McKay to do an entirely different job to the one he was bought for is very harsh it's also worth saying imho he was our best player in second half unsurprising as he was played out wider where he should have been.

McKay came into the game when it was dead and buried, sorry but he has done this far too often in "big" games, he hid tonight as he usually does 

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

3 draws against them in 97/98 before the cup win (one being an injury time Albertz equaliser at Ibrox when we’ were still challenging for the league). And finished within 7 points of both of them in the league.  I look forward to Robbie achieving both of those latter two feats. 

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

The job at Hearts has become one of the easiest because our board are soft as shite , I’m sorry but he showed himself up for being naive and incapable of being any better than he is  finish the season and move on how many chances does this man get

Considering he's probably consistently reaching the objectives set I don't have a clue what you're on about. 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Nah, Robbie's just made the job look easy.

He's had two chances with us. He was successful in his first and so far he has been successful in his second. 

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

He’s achieving what he’s paid to achieve - finishing third and reaching finals.

3 minutes ago, 23851 said:

I suggest you have another look at the cup game without your maroon tinted specs on! Like lots of other Jambos you have a blinkered view of some games. I am happy to stand by my assessment of that game but in any case I am out of here! 

You usually are out of here, unless we lose. 

3 draws against them in 97/98 before the cup win (one being an injury time Albertz equaliser at Ibrox when we’ were still challenging for the league). And finished within 7 points of both of them in the league.  I look forward to Robbie achieving both of those latter two feats. 

Jeffries continued as coach for a couple seasons after that. How did the rest of the games go? 

Just curious because we now seem to be in the realms of picking one of our best seasons of the past 30 years and using that to have digs at Neilson. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Luke Shaw is talking garbage, if you don't get to cup finals you definitely won't ever win one.

Your next sentence is something I'd expect from somebody like Luke Shaw.

He’s right though, no point getting to the final unless you win it.  People remember winners, not runners up. 

You’ve already confirmed you’re not concerned at continually getting hammered by the OF.  How bad do the score lines have to be for you to get concerned?

2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Considering he's probably consistently reaching the objectives set I don't have a clue what you're on about. 

3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Great if you want to stay third in the league every year ,I thought European football every year was meant to improve us but I’m afraid we need new blood in the coaching side , but if you are happy with the weegie dripping the pish then fine

6 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Nah, Robbie's just made the job look easy.

He's had two chances with us. He was successful in his first and so far he has been successful in his second. 

What have we won ?

Absolutely. As I said, Jim learned over the course of that season how to play them. He beat both the following season. I’m concerned Robbie’s not learning.

Part of me considers EVERY Rantic league match as a free hit and hope to see a performance. I believe we should (by law of averages) take something from them every now and then. When we play them in the cup I want to believe we can win. At the moment, I don’t. 

6 minutes ago, Korky said:

He’s achieving what he’s paid to achieve - finishing third and reaching finals.

Wow is that achievement reaching finals where we get gubbed wake up

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie Neilson ( merged )