Robbie Neilson ( merged )

Absolute Scenes

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

I was delighted when he signed but feel he has reached the limit of his ability. We played St's last week yet he didn't learn from that game. Whether this is down to the coaching staff or Robbie himself I am not too sure either way we need someone who can look at a game and see where we are failing.

We drew the first game and won the second.  Must have learned something.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• i wish jj was my dad

• BlueRiver

Shooter McGavin
13 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We were a shambles tonight. Neilson is just 100% out of his depth with this squad of players. The team selection, the tactics, the lack of communication to the players, if Neilson paid more attention to the game rather than sitting gabbing to his coaches and the 4th official he might understand what is going wrong on the pitch. Once again Neilson has shown that he is not up to the job.

How can a human being, y’know an actual grown man, be so desperate for any kind of attention from strangers on the internet 😂

Just now, Getintaethem said:

We were on 1.7 points per game before the World Cup. Now on 2.3 per game since. Learned something over the break as well. 

He has of course also learned how to never finish below third place and to qualify for Europe every time he completes an SPL season. 

Also looks very likely he’s learned how to find a 20 goal a season striker for the first time in 40 years as well. 

Imagine how well we’d be doing if he wasn’t such a slow learner?

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, hmfc1440 said:

If he beats Hibs away in Cup it is a game-changer for him. A benchmark for Neilson - a sign he is gradually improving or....

Just had a look at your previous posts.

You don’t seem overly keen on praising any aspect of the club, despite being in a very good place both on and off the park. Just seems to be one-way traffic of negativity.

Bit strange, to be honest.

Dick Dastardly
13 hours ago, mitch41 said:

We were a shambles tonight. Neilson is just 100% out of his depth with this squad of players. The team selection, the tactics, the lack of communication to the players, if Neilson paid more attention to the game rather than sitting gabbing to his coaches and the 4th official he might understand what is going wrong on the pitch. Once again Neilson has shown that he is not up to the job.

We won. We are sitting 3rd, comfortably. Yeah Neilson isn't up to the job 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Are we thinking it was Mitch that hired the plane BTW?

Way less squares still up on the batshit charterists guess who game these days. 

Edited by CMc

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, CMc said:

If you think Mitch has the intellectual capacity to facilitate a plane hire with a banner attached, then you’ve got a lot more faith in him than me 😂

Strikes me as the kind of person who could knock himself out putting his socks on in the morning.

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Lay off the bevy chap. Presuming that’s what you’re on, could be something stronger based on a post like this 

Our light plane pilot really isn't taking this season well. 

pilot.gif

The Grim Reaper
27 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If you think Mitch has the intellectual capacity to facilitate a plane hire with a banner attached, then you’ve got a lot more faith in him than me 😂

Strikes me as the kind of person who could knock himself out putting his socks on in the morning.

Classy as usual from the angry happy clappers. 

39 minutes ago, CMc said:

Id be surprised if Mitch could hire an Uber.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

My biggest gripe with Robbie is he can't look at how a game is progressing and make changes to improve performance. His subs are baffling and he tends to take off players who are doing well and subs ones that don't make an impact.

Been mentioned often about the pointless passing back and forth and some are suggesting this is NOT how Robbie wants us to play, so why do we do it? He is the manager and we play the way he says end off.

It was clear last night that they closed us down quickly yet we persisted in trying to play out only to end up losing possession or make a failed hurried forward pass. Last night was the perfect game to mix it up and play the long ball, get players forward and move the ball quickly.

Snoddy trying to play in our box was pure stupidity when he had plenty of time to clear the lines.

You really haven't grasped the concept of possession football, particularly the important role of a player like Snodgrass in drawing out teams like St Mirren who sit in. 

You might also have missed the adjustments Robbie has been making all season to change the way we are playing during games. Last night chucking on Humphreys and the laddie completely changed the dynamics but it it doubtful either had enough in the tank to come on much earlier.  

I don't mind the concept of mixing it up but playing a long ball game against Gallacher and Co for 90 minutes would be beyond stupidity

How good is Cochrane at receiving a long ball. A few cross field passes blasted at him and the ball instantly under control. Noticed it before but it’s every single time.  

edit. Meant for yesterdays match day thread. 

Edited by GinRummy

27 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Classy as usual from the angry happy clappers. 

Beyond parody. 

The folk who are happy we won are angry?

When, after a VICTORY, it is the folk who are celebrating who lack class - not the folk calling for the manager and half the squad to be replaced, slagging off loyal club servants and calling the manager a daft ****?

Thats some quality gaslighting bud. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

What exactly would meet your expectations? And which manager has met them in the last 50 years? 

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Angry and happy? 

It must have made sense in his head at the time, but aye me neither 😂

The people who criticise Robbie never give a straight answer when asked who they think could do a better job. 

I may be biased but I can't think of anyone within our budget who could do better. 

Surely that's all that needs said. 

If it ain't broke don't fix it. 

30 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The people who criticise Robbie never give a straight answer when asked who they think could do a better job. 

I may be biased but I can't think of anyone within our budget who could do better. 

Silly argument. There might be someone in Australia or Japan who Savage knows who would do a great job. Like the search for players the next search for a Head Coach (whenever that happens) should see a more functional Hearts looking across the globe not in a pool of managers who 'luckydug' kens! 

* ridiculous you have to caveat on here but can't be arsed with any misperception: I'm not looking for Robbie to be replaced just pointing out how silly the question of who could do better is! 

Our performances have been poor at times but can't argue with results. 

If we can get decent results in our next too games, Robbie will have done an excellent job.

For the angry Robbie haters it’s no longer about results it’s all about performances. 

🤣

We want to lose but play well. 

😂

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Our performances have been poor at times but can't argue with results. 

If we can get decent results in our next too games, Robbie will have done an excellent job.

And if we don't is it Robbie oot again? This isn't particularly aimed at you but it does feel that folk are literally choking to look out the torches and pitchforks. 

He is doing a grand job. I was frustrated during the autumn and there were aspects where I felt Robbie was getting it wrong but the reality is we were playing decent European sides without more or less a full team including our main central defenders. To get us through that and have us sitting 6 points clear in third is some going.

We absolutely can't rest on our laurels but if the default position is we better win the next two ( I know they are biggies!) or else then he really is on a hiding to nothing. 

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

For the angry Robbie haters it’s no longer about results it’s all about performances. 

🤣

We want to lose but play well. 

😂

Then they should go and watch the mythical flairmeisters

18 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Then they should go and watch the mythical flairmeisters

If its not about performances they find another target like finishing 1st or 2nd and winning a cup every season.

They are utterly broken gibbering wrecks desperate to have their "I told you so" moment.

20 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Another very uncomfortable second half performance. Hanging on towards the end. Halliday slots that chance away and it's game done. 

The inability to chance things during the game when the tide turns is becoming a recurring theme. 

Ex member of the SaS
On 14/01/2023 at 16:10, i wish jj was my dad said:

You really haven't grasped the concept of possession football, particularly the important role of a player like Snodgrass in drawing out teams like St Mirren who sit in. 

You might also have missed the adjustments Robbie has been making all season to change the way we are playing during games. Last night chucking on Humphreys and the laddie completely changed the dynamics but it it doubtful either had enough in the tank to come on much earlier.  

I don't mind the concept of mixing it up but playing a long ball game against Gallacher and Co for 90 minutes would be beyond stupidity

Yes he made changes but they are always too late. In the first game the changes should have happened in the first half as it was clear we were being over run. Never have I suggested we play hoofball all game. Getting the ball forward quickly and the keeper launching one occasionally is what I am saying.

On 14/01/2023 at 17:02, Luckies1874 said:

Silly argument. There might be someone in Australia or Japan who Savage knows who would do a great job. Like the search for players the next search for a Head Coach (whenever that happens) should see a more functional Hearts looking across the globe not in a pool of managers who 'luckydug' kens! 

* ridiculous you have to caveat on here but can't be arsed with any misperception: I'm not looking for Robbie to be replaced just pointing out how silly the question of who could do better is! 

No need to be so cheeky. 😏

You know fine well my post was directed at people who do want Robbie replaced. 

What happens when Robbie moves on is in the future and of course any replacement will not be restricted to UK. 

Things are going well atm though we should enjoy it while it lasts imo. 

We seem to have a group that will fight for each other. So, finally, after a few years of saying we'd only go for the right characters, we seem to be doing it. Was a period, the fan /player connection was just not there.

On another theme, I am not sure if Grant's public announcement of seeking more game time will go down well internally. It just doesn't seem very professional, no matter if for good intentions. In saying that, I don't know what the source of his words was..

Edited by Riccarton3

35 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes he made changes but they are always too late. In the first game the changes should have happened in the first half as it was clear we were being over run. Never have I suggested we play hoofball all game. Getting the ball forward quickly and the keeper launching one occasionally is what I am saying.

I agree with this highlighted part as an option and we should have done it more on Friday.

I think the biggest issue for Robbie right now is that even if he wants to change things he doesn't have the players capable of being able to do that.

When teams close down Snodgrass and put him under pressure then we don't really seem to have an alternative.

Robbie obvioulsy doesn't seem to rate Grant and Kio that much or they would be starting or coming on in more games.

We can all see that our back three move the ball either via the wing backs or centrally via Snodgrass who then spreads the ball to the wide areas.

Close that route down and we don't have a plan B. I would love to see us with a central mid that wants to run at defences and take players on before passing wide as an option. This would create more space for players like McKay.

Devlin although a grafter just doesn't have that and we don't seem to have anyone else that is capable of giving us this option.

Maybe Grant could do it but he seems to be a bit part player at the moment.

So although we need a new RWB I also think we need a creative mid to give us options.

i wish jj was my dad
43 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

He made changes that got us back level in Paisley after a poor first half and should have got a penalty which Shankland would have converted. His changes at Tynecastle changed the dynamics when Saints had us pinned back so I was happy with that. 

Win the next two games and we are on for a special season I think. 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

We seem to have a group that will fight for each other. So, finally, after a few years of saying we'd only go for the right characters, we seem to be doing it. Was a period, the fan /player connection was just not there.

On another theme, I am not sure if Grant's public announcement of seeking more game time will go down well internally. It just doesn't seem very professional, no matter if for good intentions.

Maybe Robbie will call his bluff and play him and say to him ok here's you big chance show us what you can do. Might be an opening for him to show if he really has what he thinks he has to be a regular starter.

On 14/01/2023 at 16:28, luckydug said:

It'd be mad to get rid of Neilson BUT it's a poor argument that a poster on here needs to come up with an alternative if he/she isn't happy with Neilson. Nobody on here is involved in football recruitment as far as I know.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe Robbie will call his bluff and play him and say to him ok here's you big chance show us what you can do. Might be an opening for him to show if he really has what he thinks he has to be a regular starter.

I don't know. He might , but it's all about the formation. It could be viewed he seeks a different formation which is not his call and may inflence others when Neilson is trying to instil 343. If he is looking for more game time as a middle 2, what is he saying about the current incumbents? It's a bit of a tightrope. The other aspect is he might be angling for a move which would be a shame because he is a decent player. That spin and pass versus Hibs - there aren't many in this League that can even imagine that never mind do it.

Edited by Riccarton3

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It'd be mad to get rid of Neilson BUT it's a poor argument that a poster on here needs to come up with an alternative if he/she isn't happy with Neilson. Nobody on here is involved in football recruitment as far as I know.

Given the sh1tty 4 year period we endured between this stint and his last stint I'd argue people should be forced to suggest a better alternative 😀

A_A wehatethehibs

Robbie doing an absolutely fantastic job, now showing he’s a very experienced manager. His results from a losing position are outstanding, shows mentality and knowledge. He’s put together the best Hearts team since 2012 by a country mile and that’s with injuries. We’ve now got even stronger with some more quality. Huge few fixtures coming up and opportunity for Robbie to put his boot on the neck of clubs below Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, damo said:

Given the sh1tty 4 year period we endured between this stint and his last stint I'd argue people should be forced to suggest a better alternative 😀

Haha. Fair enough view but it wasn't the fans fault we recruited do poorly. Anyway, it's hardly worth talking about as it would be crazy to sack him now.

There are supporters actually citing events and outcomes that never happened , as a reason why Neilson is not up to the job ………….. we won using the methods and tactics he employed , but people are saying he should have used other methods or tactics , which may or may not have led to us winning

This is honestly one of the weirdest agendas I have ever read 😄 

kingantti1874

Desperate neilson haters, ignoring the fact that statistically he is better than all of their hero’s.  Falling over themselves to make up new and ever more creative measure by which to measure him. 😂

They vanish for weeks / months even when we are playing great as soon as we have a couple of very tough games, against a good opponent who have bloodied the nose of both old firm clubs yet we take 4 points.  

out they crawl. You can’t help but laugh at them.  Total weirdos 

Absolute Scenes

Best manager since Sergio: league wise even better than Sergio. Would absolutely love to see neilson win silverware with Hearts

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

There are supporters actually citing events and outcomes that never happened , as a reason why Neilson is not up to the job ………….. we won using the methods and tactics he employed , but people are saying he should have used other methods or tactics , which may or may not have led to us winning

It’s mental gymnastics from clowns who simply cannot hold hands up admit they were and are wrong about Robbie. They’ve chose their hill to die on. They think he’s “not good enough” and we “could do better” and a sad few are sticking with this rubbish even though the facts have completely destroyed that narrative. 

54 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

On another theme, I am not sure if Grant's public announcement of seeking more game time will go down well internally. It just doesn't seem very professional, no matter if for good intentions. In saying that, I don't know what the source of his words was..

What public announcement of seeking more game time?

That's not what it said in anything I read.

Edit: although I would be more worried if he wasn't seeking more game time tbh.

Edited by graygo

Shooter McGavin
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Neilson getting roasted for his inability to change a game, a game that we won 😂

The mental gymnastics makes for hilarious viewing. The better our form is, the more creative they’re having to become. 

Make no mistake about it, our recent good form is killing them and they’ll be utterly desperate for us to drop points asap.

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Best manager since Sergio: league wise even better than Sergio. Would absolutely love to see neilson win silverware with Hearts

The other aspect is, Sergio inherited JJs final Hearts team. Yes got them playing great football but the players were mostly all there 

Robbie has built this squad from the ground up. Ground zero by the way, a demoted mess. 

Im struggling to comprehend whats acceptable now. Winning obviously isnt.

We smashed 3 passed the vermin, so thats not acceptable.

Is it 4 nil every week or your doing a Shite job, Neilson?

Not allowed to lose the ball and retain 90% possession?

No possession because we keep it to long ?

Im totally confused now.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Im struggling to comprehend whats acceptable now. Winning obviously isnt.

We smashed 3 passed the vermin, so thats not acceptable.

Is it 4 nil every week or your doing a Shite job, Neilson?

Not allowed to lose the ball and retain 90% possession?

No possession because we keep it to long ?

Im totally confused now.

Points mean prizes!

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

What public announcement of seeking more game time?

That's not what it said in anything I read.

Edit: although I would be more worried if he wasn't seeking more game time tbh.

The headline on that article was different to what Grant said. It's a complete non story.

Neilson is wed to the three at the back weather it works or not, time after time its the wrong way, but he persists, even when it's really not going well and is very sore on the eye's. Doing the wrong thing over and over with the same results is madness. he's very fortunate to have some really good players at the club. there are many good things about Neilson being at Hearts and some very poor things about him being here.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The headline on that article was different to what Grant said. It's a complete non story.

Clickbait as usual. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Robbie Neilson ( merged )