• Naisys Tackle

• The Hogfather

• DS98

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Because it's a trope or cliche about the beliefs / faith of some black people,  particularly in Africa.  Quite true and accurate in some cases.

If the rumour has been invented on that basis then it's racist.  It's prejudicial and/or discriminatory to hold a black person to that suggestion,  merely for being black and African,  for the purpose of creating misinformation.

It's all so very uncomplicated.

The player himself has already said he is deeply religious and helped change his poor attitude when at Everton.  

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

The player himself has already said he is deeply religious and helped change his poor attitude when at Everton.  

So?  Is he then automatically deemed to adhere to certain beliefs and practices on that basis?

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Victorian said:

So?  Is he then automatically deemed to adhere to certain beliefs and practices on that basis?

I never said that - but anyone that does is hardly racist because of it.

10 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

I'd been told it was delaying his rehab. Not doing enough to bulk back up.

Then no. The opposite.

👍

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

I was told the same. 

Instead of doing the hard graft and trusting the science, he’s more or less leaving it up to god to decide when he’s ready to play. 

Allegedly.

I don’t believe this.

11 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Then no. The opposite.

Thanks

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Im not talking about quotes in a paper, I’m talking about what I’ve been told from inside the pub. Apparently he’s not doing much of the stuff being asked of him and his diet is terrible.

But as always it’s second hand information so that’s why I use the words allegedly and apparently.

FTFY

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

If that's a made up rumour about Beni then it's actually quite racist.  Based on the tropes of African people.  

.net it is then.

Away you go man.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I don’t believe this.

I'm not ITK but quite a few people have been saying it is why his return is taking longer and no-one ITK has shot it down. I'm inclined to think there is something in it.

Either way, from what Robbie said previously he should hopefully be ready to rejoin training fairly soon if there have been no setbacks.

Thunder and Lightning
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Because it's a trope or cliche about the beliefs / faith of some black people,  particularly in Africa.  Quite true and accurate in some cases.

If the rumour has been invented on that basis then it's racist.  It's prejudicial and/or discriminatory to hold a black person to that suggestion,  merely for being black and African,  for the purpose of creating misinformation.

It's all so very uncomplicated.

Nobody suggested it was complicated, also, nobody (apart from you) postulated he held this belief because of the colour of his skin or place of birth.

Dick Dastardly

I heard a rumour that when Beni gets back playing he is just going to kneel and pray the ball into the net. All game he will be praying his way into tackles, praying passes about the pitch. Not sure if its 100% true though 

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'm not ITK but quite a few people have been saying it is why his return is taking longer and no-one ITK has shot it down. I'm inclined to think there is something in it.

Either way, from what Robbie said previously he should hopefully be ready to rejoin training fairly soon if there have been no setbacks.

It is worth pointing out that I'd heard this before the World Cup break. So there's plenty of opportunity for the situation to have changed.

1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

The issue with Beni, from what I've been told, is also to do with his diet. 

Told by who ? Some drama queen desperate for attention ? I’m Interested to know as I saw him a fortnight ago and he looked fantastic.

Dick Dastardly
48 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Said nobody.

It's a belief or generalisation that African people,  perhaps black people in particular,  have a mistrust of modern medicine and hold a particular set of beliefs within their wider faith regarding what faith can achieve.

Tell that to the Christian Science brigade 

The Hogfather
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Told by who ? Some drama queen desperate for attention ? I’m Interested to know as I saw him a fortnight ago and he looked fantastic.

Someone who's previously given me information that's turned out to be spot on. And I doubt how he looks has much to do with how ready he is to play football again.

8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I never said that - but anyone that does is hardly racist because of it.

Unfortunately it is.  It's a mischaracterisation of someone based on them being black or African.  

We know these beliefs exist within some cultures.  But that doesn't deem everyone from those cultures to be the same.  We know he has faith.  But that does not mean he adheres to certain beliefs.  Not on the basis of 2+2=5.  

Just now, The Hogfather said:

Someone who's previously given me information that's turned out to be spot on. And I doubt how he looks has much to do with how ready he is to play football again.

until it’s come from the management it’s  rumour mongering that we could do without don’t you think.  Why in earth post it and what good comes out of it ?  Negative rumour and without substance.  The kind of stuff expect the likes of i8 to come out with

25 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Then no. The opposite.

The right diet is a big part of recovery and it’s one of the reasons his is not progressing as is should. 

Folk can believe what they want. I have a mate that played down south for a number of years for a couple of the bigger clubs in the lower leagues. Whenever it was a gym day he just used to ***** about or go for a rub. He had absolutely zero interest in bulking up. Probably why he never went as far as he should have. He also had a fry up for every pre match meal but the nutritionists basically said if it works for you then keep doing it. 

All the East African Christians that I know are very deeply religious . When you have very little in life , religion can fill a void . That is not to say that this is actually causing Beni to ignore medical advice and recovery programmes , and it is exactly the sort of thing that could be taken out of context and and blown out of proportion with a bit of Chinese whispers 

Edited by Sooks

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

until it’s come from the management it’s  rumour mongering that we could do without don’t you think.  Why in earth post it and what good comes out of it ?  Negative rumour and without substance.  The kind of stuff expect the likes of i8 to come out with

Just because it's not what you want to read, doesn't leave it without substance. If you're only interested in reading positive news stories then perhaps you shouldn't bother reading Kickback because it clearly upsets you.

And I have every reason to believe what I've been told, considering where it came from. 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The right diet is a big part of recovery and it’s one of the reasons his is not progressing as is should. 

Folk can believe what they want. I have a mate that played down south for a number of years for a couple of the bigger clubs in the lower leagues. Whenever it was a gym day he just used to ***** about or go for a rub. He had absolutely zero interest in bulking up. Probably why he never went as far as he should have. He also had a fry up for every pre match meal but the nutritionists basically said if it works for you then keep doing it. 

Careful with the negativity here mate, Fozzy might get upset again.

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Unfortunately it is.  It's a mischaracterisation of someone based on them being black or African.  

We know these beliefs exist within some cultures.  But that doesn't deem everyone from those cultures to be the same.  We know he has faith.  But that does not mean he adheres to certain beliefs.  Not on the basis of 2+2=5.  

If you believe that then fair dos.  

Sooks seems to hit the nail on the head re deeply religious East Africans.  It's maybe ignorant to deem the cultures to be the same yes, but it's no racist. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Sooks seems to hit the nail on the head re deeply religious East Africans.  It's maybe ignorant to deem the cultures to be the same yes, but it's no racist. 

One thing I would add though , is religion is covered by racism in a legal sense , so Victorian is not wrong when he says it would be classed as racism 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Sooks said:

One thing I would add though , is religion is covered by racism in a legal sense , so Victorian is not wrong when he says it would be classed as racism 

Depends how one looks at it.  Probably why I never said Vic was wrong, just that I dinnae agree. 

AlphonseCapone

I heard Beni orders babies from Somalia and eats them as part of a sacrifice to his God. Given what others have said about his diet I'm inclined to believe it. 

5 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Careful with the negativity here mate, Fozzy might get upset again.

I know. Some folk only want to hear positive propaganda and take offence at just about anything remotely negative about the club. If you don’t like it or want to believe it, just ignore it. 

There is that unavoidable undertone of racist attitudes though.  Black,  African player.  Deeply religious belief system,  quite widespread in black,  African cultures.

It could all very equally be true for all we know.  But to invent misinformation,  should that be the case,  on the basis of his culture and our idea of what his belief system is,  has a racist element to it.

It's probably better to wait until such time as actual information exists on the topic.  And to allow an individual to decide his own belief system and to speak openly about it,  should he choose to do so.

I'll leave it there.

Depends how one looks at it.  Probably why I never said Vic was wrong, just that I dinnae agree. 

No that is fair enough . All I am saying is that religious discrimination is legally classed as racism . I only mention it because I recently completed some training at work on that very subject . Any way all a bit of a tangent , and I personally do not believe the gossip 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I know. Some folk only want to hear positive propaganda and take offence at just about anything remotely negative about the club. If you don’t like it or want to believe it, just ignore it. 

Of course there can't be an underlying issue why an injury that he was due to recover from in time for the World Cup is now looking like January at the very earliest. All just rumour mongering and racism.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

If people are going to post these unsubstantiated rumours they need to have the balls to say where it’s come from 

Otherwise stfu 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

I wonder if this extends to the transfer threads too.

Edited by The Hogfather

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No that is fair enough . All I am saying is that religious discrimination is legally classed as racism . I only mention it because I recently completed some training at work on that very subject . Any way all a bit of a tangent , and I personally do not believe the gossip 

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There is that unavoidable undertone of racist attitudes though.  Black,  African player.  Deeply religious belief system,  quite widespread in black,  African cultures.

It could all very equally be true for all we know.  But to invent misinformation,  should that be the case,  on the basis of his culture and our idea of what his belief system is,  has a racist element to it.

It's probably better to wait until such time as actual information exists on the topic.  And to allow an individual to decide his own belief system and to speak openly about it,  should he choose to do so.

I'll leave it there.

Cool.  👍I think the rumour is probably far fetched too but do think we won't see him in maroon for a good while yet.

2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

I wonder if this extends to the transfer threads too.

Maybe not because this is  stating that the player,  that we as fans and owners are paying his wages, is not committed to get fit .  Now that’s either true or it’s false , if it’s false it’s a  malicious character assassination. 

way out west jambo

The club themselves stated almost as soon as Beni was injured and had the Op, that it was looking like a January return. Don’t know why it’s being mentioned now that rehab is taking too long? We said January from the start and no one’s said that’s not happening.

Guy whose game is based on putting in the hard work has decided to leave his recovery to god and isn’t doing the hard graft. Heard it all now 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, DS98 said:

I was told the same. 

Instead of doing the hard graft and trusting the science, he’s more or less leaving it up to god to decide when he’s ready to play. 

Allegedly.

Not having that :lol:

I'm all for trusting my own body and knowing that I can look after it without the help of a doctor but bringing God into it I'm not having that :rofl:

Where was God when he got injured? 🥴

Also, surely contractually he has to follow medical guidance and listen to the nutrionists and dieticians? 

Not sure his contract would allow God to decide when he can play.

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, way out west jambo said:

The club themselves stated almost as soon as Beni was injured and had the Op, that it was looking like a January return. Don’t know why it’s being mentioned now that rehab is taking too long? We said January from the start and no one’s said that’s not happening.

The club never put a time frame on it.  Just out for the season.

52 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Just because it's not what you want to read, doesn't leave it without substance. If you're only interested in reading positive news stories then perhaps you shouldn't bother reading Kickback because it clearly upsets you.

And I have every reason to believe what I've been told, considering where it came from. 

So post it and hope for the best.  
and it’s very different from rumours of incoming transfers. This is a paid employee of our club and you’re stating (without proof) that he is not being professional.  Dangerous game that but crack on.

40 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Of course there can't be an underlying issue why an injury that he was due to recover from in time for the World Cup is now looking like January at the very earliest. All just rumour mongering and racism.

where was it mentioned Beni would be recovered pre World Cup ? I’d love to read that 

12 minutes ago, 151 said:

Also, surely contractually he has to follow medical guidance and listen to the nutrionists and dieticians? 

Not sure his contract would allow God to decide when he can play.

I do not believe a word of the gossip , but on this point , no . If , and again I do not believe it , but if he refused medical treatment on religious grounds , there is not much we could do about it . Religion is a protected characteristic , and if we discriminated against him because of it we would be breaking the law 

HeartsandonlyHearts

I heard..and I’m not saying it’s true because it’s not from the horses mouth. But if it is then so be it. Nothing will change it now. That horse has bolted. Obviously we’d all hope it’s just rumors and remains just that. Truth is it wouldn’t even make sense for it to be true. There’s no history of it so why now? I don’t believe it as I couldn’t be the only one to have heard it. I’m certainly not in the know. Make of that what you will.

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I heard..and I’m not saying it’s true because it’s not from the horses mouth. But if it is then so be it. Nothing will change it now. That horse has bolted. Obviously we’d all hope it’s just rumors and remains just that. Truth is it wouldn’t even make sense for it to be true. There’s no history of it so why now? I don’t believe it as I couldn’t be the only one to have heard it. I’m certainly not in the know. Make of that what you will.

😐🥴

Naisys Tackle
16 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

where was it mentioned Beni would be recovered pre World Cup ? I’d love to read that 

Who said January also?  All seems to be guesswork.