Beni & Boycie

campbell

Do we have dates for when these two are likely to return? I also remember people saying after the WC for Beni but I haven’t even heard anything in the news about him being back running etc. Boyce I have no idea either & I’m guessing with him being a little older it might take the full 9 months & then some 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• The Hogfather

• DS98

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beni must have a right serious injury. Hoping he comes back strong with no reaction. Last two long term injuries haven’t worked out great for us (soutar/Halkett)

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Boyce is May, Beni is January last we heard

I believe Boyce is aiming for a lot earlier than that. I don't know any specific timescale though.

loveofthegame
9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Beni must have a right serious injury. Hoping he comes back strong with no reaction. Last two long term injuries haven’t worked out great for us (soutar/Halkett)

Said it on another thread but the rumour is/was that he wasn't accepting certain treatments and was trusting a higher being to heal him... unsure if that has added to the recovery time or if just talk, but that rumour has doing the rounds for a while now.

17 minutes ago, Spookie said:

I bumped into boyce just before Christmas and he said April 

Saw him in PR bar and he was walking about pretty normally 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

Said it on another thread but the rumour is/was that he wasn't accepting certain treatments and was trusting a higher being to heal him... unsure if that has added to the recovery time or if just talk, but that rumour has doing the rounds for a while now.

I'd take that with a gritter full of salt but If there were to be any truth in it I would hope his pay was adjusted accordingly. 

I was told the same. 

Instead of doing the hard graft and trusting the science, he’s more or less leaving it up to god to decide when he’s ready to play. 

Allegedly.

Same Sooks he was pushing a buggy up Clermiston Road no bother just dropped one of his kids off at school

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Absolute Scenes

That’s an utterly ridiculous rumour whoever started it

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I was told the same. 

Instead of doing the hard graft and trusting the science, he’s more or less leaving it up to god to decide when he’s ready to play. 

Allegedly.

He openly says and openly quotes things being in Gods hands, that doesn’t mean he is literally sitting waiting on being healed. There is a recent article where he mentions him and Boyce getting close as they’ve been doing rehab together, working hard in the gym together. That doesn’t sound like waiting around to me

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I was told the same. 

Allegedly.

😂 that can’t be true for **** sake 

7 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Same Sooks he was pushing a buggy up Clermiston Road no bother just dropped one of his kids off at school

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Encouraging !

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He openly says and openly quotes things being in Gods hands, that doesn’t mean he is literally sitting waiting on being healed. There is a recent article where he mentions him and Boyce getting close as they’ve been doing rehab together, working hard in the gym together. That doesn’t sound like waiting around to me

Im not talking about quotes in a paper, I’m talking about what I’ve been told from inside the club. Apparently he’s not doing much of the stuff being asked of him and his diet is terrible.

But as always it’s second hand information so that’s why I use the words allegedly and apparently.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, DS98 said:

Im not talking about quotes in a paper, I’m talking about what I’ve been told from inside the club. Apparently he’s not doing much of the stuff being asked of him and his diet is terrible.

But as always it’s second hand information so that’s why I use the words allegedly and apparently.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/beni-baningime-feeling-good-hearts-25730008?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I just assumed he was joking, must be surely 😂

Cant believe anyone would believe that garbage,well apart  from the halfwits on .net 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Of course It’s not true. Anyone feeding into a mental rumour like that needs IQ tested. 

You know how Chinese whispers work. He’s probably mentioned that he’s not too down about how long he’s been out because he believes God is going to fully heal him. From there it’s been passed around to the point it’s grown arms and legs “ken yon beni, he’s sitting about on his erse all day eating pot noodles claiming he doesn’t need to work hard coz God will heal him”. And then Fannie’s on here jump on it like gospel (no pun intended)

18 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I was told the same. 

Allegedly.

🤣🤣🤣 What a load of tosh

7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Aye, right. 

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Of course It’s not true. Anyone feeding into a mental rumour like that needs IQ tested. 

You know how Chinese whispers work. He’s probably mentioned that he’s not too down about how long he’s been out because he believes God is going to fully heal him. From there it’s been passed around to the point it’s grown arms and legs “ken yon beni, he’s sitting about on his erse all day eating pot noodles claiming he doesn’t need to work hard coz God will heal him”. And then Fannie’s on here jump on it like gospel (no pun intended)

🤣 You know **** all mate. Just because there’s something being posted that isn’t all rainbows an unicorns you resort to name calling. 

It is true. Unfortunately. That’s not to say he’s not making progress but it’s not going as quick as it should have. 

Now if you want to know who told me, PM me. I’m sure you won’t call him a *****. 

part_time_jambo

So, having posted it twice you are spreading the rumour. It's a rumour, why spread it? Best wait until it's confirmed by a reliable source like The Sun.

11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Anyone else got a feeling we will see Boyce before Beni'? 

Yup. Not sure if the rumours posted above are outright true, but big believer of no smoke without fire, so wouldn't be surprised if there are controllable reasons why his rehab is taking so long. 

As a positive to Boyce as well, he's been through this before so knows what he needs to do already to get back.

I cannot wait to see beni back, easily one of the most gifted players at the club. That being said if it means waiting a little longer to make sure he’s absolutely 100% ready then I’m all for that, I’d be gutted if he came back and was straight back onto the treatment table. It will probably take him a little while to get back up to speed anyway. I’ve kind of written off beni and Boyce for the remainder of the season tbh, I reckon we’ll see them back to full affect in July 

30 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup. Not sure if the rumours posted above are outright true, but big believer of no smoke without fire, so wouldn't be surprised if there are controllable reasons why his rehab is taking so long. 

As a positive to Boyce as well, he's been through this before so knows what he needs to do already to get back.

In the social media age that's about as reliable as expecting God to heal you.

If Beni hasn't even started running yet, and there's been nothing to suggest he has, then he must be at least 2 months away. It'll be a lengthy process to build up stamina and progress through contact training to full fitness.

kingantti1874
35 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I know beni is religious but not sure how much substance to that rumour. Mind you it worked for Marvin andrews previously

😂 worked until his leg buckled.  Big marv refused surgery didn’t he 😂

13 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

The issue with Beni, from what I've been told, is also to do with his diet. 

So, apart from his religion, preventing him getting the proper treatment and rehabilition, and his diet...all is good with his recovery. 😕

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If that's a made up rumour about Beni then it's actually quite racist.  Based on the tropes of African people.  

.net it is then.

You got me. 

I heard it at a clan meeting on my way to Easter Rd on Saturday.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I am choosing not to believe the Beni gossip

Probably me also but still have a feeling Boyce will be back 1st and Beni' next season - based on absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

👍

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Thunder and Lightning
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If that's a made up rumour about Beni then it's actually quite racist.  Based on the tropes of African people.  

.net it is then.

Only Africans believe in God? 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Anyone else got a feeling we will see Boyce before Beni'? 

Right now just you. And maybe God.

26 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Only Africans believe in God? 

Said nobody.

It's a belief or generalisation that African people,  perhaps black people in particular,  have a mistrust of modern medicine and hold a particular set of beliefs within their wider faith regarding what faith can achieve.

Thunder and Lightning
14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Said nobody.

It's a belief or generalisation that African people,  perhaps black people in particular,  have a mistrust of modern medicine and hold a particular set of beliefs within their wider faith regarding what faith can achieve.

Believed by whom?

You seem to be the only one offering that suggestion.

1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

Couldn't tell you a single thing about Kalvin Phillips.

Came back from WC overweight and Pep not playing him until he sorts it out. 

1 hour ago, The Hogfather said:

The issue with Beni, from what I've been told, is also to do with his diet. 

Are you saying that's delaying his rehab or a separate issue?

The Hogfather
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Are you saying that's delaying his rehab or a separate issue?

I'd been told it was delaying his rehab. Not doing enough to bulk back up.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Came back from WC overweight and Pep not playing him until he sorts it out. 

Then no. The opposite.

10 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Believed by whom?

You seem to be the only one offering that suggestion.

Because it's a trope or cliche about the beliefs / faith of some black people,  particularly in Africa.  Quite true and accurate in some cases.

If the rumour has been invented on that basis then it's racist.  It's prejudicial and/or discriminatory to hold a black person to that suggestion,  merely for being black and African,  for the purpose of creating misinformation.

It's all so very uncomplicated.

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So, he is another Kalvin Philips? 

Hope he's no another Morelos that's for sure.  He looks like a character from Nutty Professor after injury.