Travel to USA

dougal

I'm heading to the US next month. I've got my ESTA already and have my covid status on the App. I just wanted to know if there are any other forms I required to fill in?? If there are does anyone have a link for exactly what is required?? Cheers 

44 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Just back.what you've done is fine.just a wee 2 min health check that will be sent to you .and your up and running.

Cheers. Sent by whom?? Thanks

Are you going through Dublin?

USA will process you in Dublin if that's the case, just download your boarding pass prior to the airport, then go to terminal 2.  They have some codes you scan and fill out forms, then its just go to the big US customs guard, show your boarding pass and passport and get your thumbs scanned

They say give yourself three hours to get through US immigration to the departure gat, but I got through in about 25 minutes.

Edited by Captain Slog

When we arrived at Tampa were told that that we had to fill in a health check.but in hindsight that was for a cruise so probs no need to worry. Etsa and covid documents should suffice, as that's all that took to get us in to the states.

17 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

Are you going through Dublin?

USA will process you in Dublin if that's the case, just download your boarding pass prior to the airport, then go to terminal 2.  They have some codes you scan and fill out forms, then its just go to the big US customs guard, show your boarding pass and passport and get your thumbs scanned

They say give yourself three hours to get through US immigration to the departure gat, but I got through in about 25 minutes.

Nope, via Heathrow, cheers

7 hours ago, moz said:

In June we had to fill out a "Fly ready" form, when flying with Virgin

https://www.virginatlantic.com/content/vaa/www/us/en/covid-test-manager.html

I believe BA had similar......just check whichever airline you are going with if they require anything, not sure what's changed since June...

We are going with BA, I'll get in touch with them, thanks.

4 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

Just to reassure you, Esta and covid cert was all I had when I got to the airport last month and I got through fine

Cheers. Good to know.

I'm just back from California last week and all you need to get into the US is the ESTA. You will probably get a on line questionnaire from your airline asking you to confirm that you are vaccinated. It will be just a check box to confirm. No paperwork necessary. 

Mum and dad arrived via Heathrow 3 weeks ago. Only ESTA needed. I've been traveling back and forward as of July and no COVID requirements at all to get on the plane, or pass immigration

Wouldnt it be great if ESTA and your covid passport status migrated to what the authorities see.

At least next year they are stopping the plastic bags with liquids thing

21 hours ago, Hugh Phamism said:

I'm just back from California last week and all you need to get into the US is the ESTA. You will probably get a on line questionnaire from your airline asking you to confirm that you are vaccinated. It will be just a check box to confirm. No paperwork necessary. 

21 hours ago, trotter said:

Mum and dad arrived via Heathrow 3 weeks ago. Only ESTA needed. I've been traveling back and forward as of July and no COVID requirements at all to get on the plane, or pass immigration

Thanks for the info 👍 

• 2 months later...
Fxxx the SPFL

Just having a look at the ESTA application and it's changed since the last one we filled in prior to Covid. It's now asking for social media info. I'm only on this social media site jkb will i still have to enter that info if so i could be barred from entry :whistling:to USA as i have been warned on here a few times.

On 25/11/2022 at 15:39, Captain Slog said:

Wouldnt it be great if ESTA and your covid passport status migrated to what the authorities see.

At least next year they are stopping the plastic bags with liquids thing

For UK airports, doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to do the same on the way back

That thing you do
On 24/11/2022 at 13:21, dougal said:

I'm heading to the US next month. I've got my ESTA already and have my covid status on the App. I just wanted to know if there are any other forms I required to fill in?? If there are does anyone have a link for exactly what is required?? Cheers 

ESTA is all you need to get in

Sometimes, proof of return flight and/or accomodation is asked for as well. My Wife and I went to Guam (US Island) and while I had to prove all of the above my Mexican wife was waved through :)

Generally people working in US Airports leave their personalities at home, so expect a fair bit of shouting and directing...

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, jonesy said:

I think what happens is Biden calls Maple Leaf and gets the lowdown on your posting history. As long as you haven't been anywhere near the trans, Jacinda Arden, or Indy threads in the Shed, you'll be fine.

Perfect safe as houses then

Take an arsenal with you in case a shootout starts on the plane. Americans are scared to have a piss without a gun in one hand

An assault rifle and 163 rounds of ammunition taken from a man about to board a plane in New Orleans on Valentine's Day is an example of a trend identified by US officials.

In some parts of the country, more passengers are attempting to bring their guns through airport security.

While 2022 was a record year for guns found at US airport checkpoints, the TSA says, 2023 may well beat it.

Full article. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64710509

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 hours ago, That thing you do said:

ESTA is all you need to get in

Sometimes, proof of return flight and/or accomodation is asked for as well. My Wife and I went to Guam (US Island) and while I had to prove all of the above my Mexican wife was waved through :)

Generally people working in US Airports leave their personalities at home, so expect a fair bit of shouting and directing...

I left the US at 10 months old, went back for the first time when I was 25 (I've got a broad Edinburgh accent). 

The immigration guy couldn't get it round his head I hadn't been back in 24 years, when he did, he jumped to attention, saluted me and said "welcome home, sir". 😂 

18 hours ago, jonesy said:

I think what happens is Biden calls Maple Leaf and gets the lowdown on your posting history. As long as you haven't been anywhere near the trans, Jacinda Arden, or Indy threads in the Shed, you'll be fine.

Oh well that’s me decked 

That thing you do
3 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I left the US at 10 months old, went back for the first time when I was 25 (I've got a broad Edinburgh accent). 

The immigration guy couldn't get it round his head I hadn't been back in 24 years, when he did, he jumped to attention, saluted me and said "welcome home, sir". 😂 

Nice 

My experience is more 

New York

Worker: Do you have any foodstuffs in your baggage?

Me: I have some Jam but Im not sure if I need to declare it...

Worker: PUT THE BAG THROUGH THE SCANNER NOW SIR.

After the scan

Worker: Is this the foodstuff you wanted to declare?

Me: Yes

Worker: Sir, this foodstuff does not need to be declared, please check online next time and dont waste my time.

Me: Will do.

Or In Guam 

Worker: Sir, why come on Holiday to Guam?

Me: Well I live in Korea and a number of people I work with have been before.

Worker: I asked why you wanted to come

Me: It was highly recommended, like a mini Hawaii

Worker: Sir, do you intend to transit into mainland America?

Me: No, just staying in Guam

Worker: You cannot directly transit with the visa Im issuing you

Me: No Problem. Im staying in Guam

Worker: How long are you staying?

Me: One Week

Worker: Why do you need to stay that long Sir?

Me: Plenty to do, lazy days at the hotel.

Worker: Do you intend to visit or view the Military base on the Island?

Me: No, wont be doing that.

Worker: If you do, you may be stopped and Questioned, Sir

Me: Ok

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Nice 

My experience is more 

New York

Worker: Do you have any foodstuffs in your baggage?

Me: I have some Jam but Im not sure if I need to declare it...

Worker: PUT THE BAG THROUGH THE SCANNER NOW SIR.

After the scan

Worker: Is this the foodstuff you wanted to declare?

Me: Yes

Worker: Sir, this foodstuff does not need to be declared, please check online next time and dont waste my time.

Me: Will do.

Or In Guam 

Worker: Sir, why come on Holiday to Guam?

Me: Well I live in Korea and a number of people I work with have been before.

Worker: I asked why you wanted to come

Me: It was highly recommended, like a mini Hawaii

Worker: Sir, do you intend to transit into mainland America?

Me: No, just staying in Guam

Worker: You cannot directly transit with the visa Im issuing you

Me: No Problem. Im staying in Guam

Worker: How long are you staying?

Me: One Week

Worker: Why do you need to stay that long Sir?

Me: Plenty to do, lazy days at the hotel.

Worker: Do you intend to visit or view the Military base on the Island?

Me: No, wont be doing that.

Worker: If you do, you may be stopped and Questioned, Sir

Me: Ok

We flew to Philly and got a connecting flight to Miami to save money.

Immigration - why have you come to Philly ?

Me- catching a flight to Miami.

Imm- why are you going to Miami ?

Me (deadpan) - "it's warmer than Philly". I swear the guy cracked. 

My son being interrogated ( and it was an interrogation) by immigration...

Imm - do you have a job ?

Son - no

Imm - do you have a car ?

Son - no

Imm - do you have a girlfriend?

Son - No.

Imm- then why have you come to the USA ?

Son, now very irritated  -  "Mate  , I'm ten years old". 

PMSL doesn't even get close.