Edinburgh war memorial scorched overnight

j1964m

joondalupjambo

Would there not be a statuary sentence for this type of thing then judge considers if first offence, under the influence of drink or drugs, state of mind when doing it etc.   Bottom line a few hours community service and/or a small fine.   Sad society we live in now where this type of crime is kind of treated as the norm.  Just leave the flipping things in place and walk bye.

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

What goes through some people's minds. 

Deary me !!

Was thinking that myself, then I remembered stuff like that is right up some hibs/celtic fans street.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, The Gorgie said:

Was thinking that myself, then I remembered stuff like that is right up some hibs/celtic fans street.

:facepalm:

I know most will have got up to some nonsense in their youth, however this takes it to another level. I say youth but wouldn't be at all surprised if it was some middle aged person either! Absolute low life's to be honest. 

Nucky Thompson

It's the society that we now live in.

People look for things to protest about and think it's their right to do anything that they please.

The report mentions 5am - not sure if thats when it was discovered, or when they think it happened.     Either way, its disgusting whoever the low-life culprits are.         If anyone from a Hearts household was involved, they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and banned from Tynecastle.     

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

The report mentions 5am - not sure if thats when it was discovered, or when they think it happened.     Either way, its disgusting whoever the low-life culprits are.         If anyone from a Hearts household was involved, they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and banned from Tynecastle.     

Shouldn't anyone that did it be ashamed of themselves, regardless of what 'type of household' they come from? 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Shouldn't anyone that did it be ashamed of themselves, regardless of what 'type of household' they come from? 

Well yes, but any Hearts fan must surely  be aware of  the special relevance of a WW1  memorial to the club ?   

What an absolutely despicable and shameful act. No political/football allegiance prejudice is required. Hope they catch the culprits and they're suitably punished, tarred and feathered. 

What an absolute waste of food, clothes, housing and oxygen some dregs of humanity are. 

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

What an absolutely despicable and shameful act. No political/football allegiance prejudice is required. Hope they catch the culprits and they're suitably punished, tarred and feathered. 

What an absolute waste of food, clothes, housing and oxygen some dregs of humanity are. 

Be better if some squaddies catch up with them first.

5 hours ago, The Gorgie said:

Thinking, aye? 

1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

Thinking, aye? 

That’s what he said.

You’re getting there with the reading problem.

Well done. 👏