Was Thinking - McGeady

SCFHearts

14 hours ago, Smithee said:

I saw a list of unfancied players over on dotnet - a cornucopia of utter shite!

Bojang

Mackay

Tait

Bradley

Hague

Doidge 

Fish

Miller

Stevenson

JDH

Tavares

Henderson

Mitchell

McGeady

Mckirdy

🤣

Doidge at points was an ok lump up front probably their best centre forward but even he has got out of there and is on loan to killie

17 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Doidge at points was an ok lump up front probably their best centre forward but even he has got out of there and is on loan to killie

He has another year after he returns

24 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Against Rangers I was like Jesus he’s enormous. His shorts looked like they were gonna burst. He’s evidently knuckled down since, he still looks a darn sight bigger than most of our team, but I put that down to the fitness regimes down south. They do things differently, most who come up look bigger and stronger. 

Shoulders and upper body of a light middle weight boxer

5 hours ago, Gershwin said:

He’s played 8 games in 2022 😀

The problem with most of Hibs' signings is that they are projects, not many actually ready for first team football. A lot of them complete gambles with the hope they unearth a gem. A bit like our previous transfer strategy.

Edit* Didn't meant to reply to this post 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Chimp
didnt meant to reply to post

31 minutes ago, martoon said:

I've warmed to him.

He's shite and he's fleecing Hibs for thousands.

👏

Bet he struts around East Mains telling people off for not being Irish enough 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Bet he struts around East Mains telling people off for not being Irish enough 

With an accent. 

55 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A pishy McLaren or Barton quality one 

Barton was the one I had in mind as it goes. 😄

4 hours ago, Chimp said:

The problem with most of Hibs' signings is that they are projects, not many actually ready for first team football. A lot of them complete gambles with the hope they unearth a gem. A bit like our previous transfer strategy.

Edit* Didn't meant to reply to this post 🤦‍♂️

So they say, but funny how Tavares is now a project, when there was a big fanfare about giving him the number 10 jersey.

Duk at Aberdeen and Tavares both played for Benfica B last season by the way. Hibs signed the shit one.

15 hours ago, Smithee said:

So they say, but funny how Tavares is now a project, when there was a big fanfare about giving him the number 10 jersey.

Duk at Aberdeen and Tavares both played for Benfica B last season by the way. Hibs signed the shit one.

Yeah funny that. Almost like a free shot, can't look lose if you just claim it's a project player when they turn out crap.

I was actually chatting to a taxi driver on holiday in Portugal in the summer and he was a massive Benfica fan so I asked about Tavares and he said he was nowhere near good enough. He didn't know anything about Duk though hadn't seen him play.

3 hours ago, Chimp said:

Yeah funny that. Almost like a free shot, can't look lose if you just claim it's a project player when they turn out crap.

I was actually chatting to a taxi driver on holiday in Portugal in the summer and he was a massive Benfica fan so I asked about Tavares and he said he was nowhere near good enough. He didn't know anything about Duk though hadn't seen him play.

That Taveres looks abysmal and is the kind of signing we were making years ago. I always thought their scatter gun recruitment was similar to ours of previous years and so it's now coming to fruition. They look poor all over the pitch and you take Boyle out the side and they have nothing to worry you about. 

As for Snodgrass, I think he looks bigger due to playing down south where you need to be strong and bigger built. He's a wand of a left foot and has never been blessed with pace. He put a shift and a half in on Sunday and I thought it was great the way he walked round at the end giving it big licks with the crowd. Clearly enjoys playing the game and winning. You only need to look at comments from fans of his previous clubs to see how well liked he was there for his commitment and performances. First time since probably Naismith we have had a leader out field who helps coach everyone else through a game, it's an invaluable trait to have. 

wentworth jambo
On 08/11/2022 at 07:33, loveofthegame said:

As was said in summer, a completely scattergun approach to signings. Picking up as much dross as quality. Must be paying fortunes for some of that pish if you combine transfer fees and wages. 

I'd argue, that given their scattergun approach to signing, if they had signed as much quality as dross, they'd be doing OK. They've actually signed mainly dross with only the forward looking anything like a football player....their current "top boy" is Rocky - says it all.

wentworth jambo

As was said in summer, a completely scattergun approach to signings. Picking up as much dross as quality. Must be paying fortunes for some of that pish if you combine transfer fees and wages. 

Dup post

Edited by wentworth jambo

wentworth jambo

Dup post

Edited by wentworth jambo

loveofthegame
10 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

I'd argue, that given their scattergun approach to signing, if they had signed as much quality as dross, they'd be doing OK. They've actually signed mainly dross with only the forward looking anything like a football player....their current "top boy" is Rocky - says it all.

To date, their only proven good signings have been Marshall (he was a very safe and decent signing) and Boyle (which given he was only away about 6 months, barely event counts).

They signed 15 players in summer and at one point had 9 of last season's bottom six 6 side on the park.

It is laughable. And I am laughing.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

That Taveres looks abysmal and is the kind of signing we were making years ago. I always thought their scatter gun recruitment was similar to ours of previous years and so it's now coming to fruition. They look poor all over the pitch and you take Boyle out the side and they have nothing to worry you about. 

As for Snodgrass, I think he looks bigger due to playing down south where you need to be strong and bigger built. He's a wand of a left foot and has never been blessed with pace. He put a shift and a half in on Sunday and I thought it was great the way he walked round at the end giving it big licks with the crowd. Clearly enjoys playing the game and winning. You only need to look at comments from fans of his previous clubs to see how well liked he was there for his commitment and performances. First time since probably Naismith we have had a leader out field who helps coach everyone else through a game, it's an invaluable trait to have. 

Boyle is genuinely the only player they have that could get a game for us. 

Yeah I definitely feel its vital to have a few experienced pros in the side. Just need to make sure it's ones like Snodgrass and Naismith and not Glenn Whelan and Aaron Hughes

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Yip Tavares is local park on a Sunday level 

He can always go back to his day job. The rest of the group must be missing his moves.

On 08/11/2022 at 00:16, SwindonJambo said:

McKirdy rattled in a few goals in League 2 for Swindon last season but seemingly he was big trouble behind the scenes and rather gobby. Swindon couldn’t wait to get him out the door with his contract running down. Ideal fit for Hibs I suppose 😁

He at least wants to play though. McGeady  is just proper taking the piss, though 😂

Most of my STFC fan mates thought he was a waste of space although he was capable of the odd bit of brilliance

1 hour ago, moonraker said:

Most of my STFC fan mates thought he was a waste of space although he was capable of the odd bit of brilliance

Ah, a flatter to deceive job. Good fit for Hibs then 😉