***Rangers v Heart of Midlothian*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

Like it or not I think that the only way to play away from home against the old firm. We could easy have sneaked a point. I thought we looked very assured in passing out from goal kicks are tried to keep possession that way and build up the park. Not easy to do and we got caught a couple of times but showed a bit of confidence in trying to play out.

Last month we were absolutely raped alive by Rangers in our own back yard and people want us to have a go with no Halkett and Rowles just back. We set up exactly as we should have but still lack quality in the final 3rd atm .I'm sure the management are  as aware ot this as we are.

This place is full of under cover Vermin, Robbie hating bitters and clueless halfwits 😂

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• tian447

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ohh FFS who's shat in your cornflakes.

Lighten up.

He's only angry because you won't tell us which 98 cup winning legend you are.  The one who lives in Scotland and follows Hearts.  

When are you going to admit to being Gary Naysmith?  

In our opening 14 games we've played the Old Firm 4x and Aberdeen, Hibs and Livingston away.

Whilst I'd like to have seen a more positive attacking performance tonight, a win on Saturday will mean we'll be at worst 2 points off 3rd come the break, with very favourable fixtures when the league resumes.

Only plus is a couple of days entertainment on JKB.

Personally don't take positives from defeats.

Although if we didn't have such horrendous luck with injuries, do we now need another "squad" centre half ?

Nelly Terraces
14 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

There isn't really. Teams around us are shite

You mean the teams above us?

Yeah, shite right enough then.🤣

1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

Looking forward to Saturday. Hopefully sign off with 3pts then cenotaph on Sunday. Players (less the Aussies) have a wee rest then raring to go mid December. Yasssssss

Yup

I thought we should've switched to a back 3 to get cochrane higher as we had no out ball other than a straight ball for Gino. Our chances came from out wide, but we didn't get width up the park and numbers to support through the middle. 

Too many short passes from Devlin whilst Snodgrass fed the defenders too. That totally kills momentum going forward

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

That's gonna be a snorter of a game. 

I liked how controlled we were tonight, just wish we either had Humphreys to try and stick the ball up to, or someone with decent, controlled running from midfield - as our set-up needed that to allow our players to push up in support. Without that, it inhibited us to trying to get up the wings, which they made tough for us. 

Do we have any idea when Humpries is going to be fit to play?

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Speaking of loser mentalities, it's really funny that we don't hear from you all week, then the second Hearts go a goal down, you pop up with your negative nonsense.

I’ve got better things to do than come on here when hearts aren’t playing👍🏻 

Just now, Martin_T said:

In our opening 14 games we've played the Old Firm 4x and Aberdeen, Hibs and Livingston away.

Whilst I'd like to have seen a more positive attacking performance tonight, a win on Saturday will mean we'll be at worst 2 points off 3rd come the break, with very favourable fixtures when the league resumes.

We've done pretty well to keep pace with Aberdeen and Hibs in that time too. Its sort of a blessing neither have been able to capitalise on our injuries and Europe. Important we take points in the head to heads though and make December count. We've got a great run of games and we need to be looking to take maximum points. 

Just now, jambo19 said:

I thought we should've switched to a back 3 to get cochrane higher as we had no out ball other than a straight ball for Gino. Our chances came from out wide, but we didn't get width up the park and numbers to support through the middle. 

Too many short passes from Devlin whilst Snodgrass fed the defenders too. That totally kills momentum going forward

Some off our passing was really poor 

7 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Interesting how quick this place turns. For the record I thought we were okay. Halliday unlucky not to score. Would of been nice if we were a bit more aggressive going forward. Would like to see us trying to get more shots at goal. Overall not really fussed about tonight. Didn't expect anything. I know some will say ohh but this rangers team is awful and low on confidence. And you wouldn't be wrong. But in our league they're still the second best side. With a budget that dwarf's ours. There's no getting away from that. Plus like it or not there is a fear factor in our league when it comes to the old firm. 

Anyway I'm away to binge watch old episodes of Frasier on prime tv. Peace out!

Frasier, good man.

They were at us all over the park any time we had the ball whilst we let them play. It was a pretty tough watch. As Halliday said on open goal this week “Going to Ibrox is always hard. They’re a better team - they have better players”. As ever, games in Glasgow will not define our season.

1 minute ago, Badonde said:

So instead, you watch the game and the second Hearts concede, you jump on the computer, log into JKB, and post a comment about Neilson being a shitebag?

:interehjrling:

Edited by tian447

Played well enough tonight to get a draw. Think both teams weren’t great. No matter what you think about Rangers they will never be low on confidence. 

Sibbick, Rowles and Snodgrass tremendous tonight.

We need to replace smith.

Need to sign a winger and a big lump of a striker in Jan.

Why was there no VAR check for the hand ball.

In every other game when there has been suspicion of hand ball its been checked, but not tonight.

Cochrane thought it was but cheatin beaton just laughed in his face.

looked like the defenders hand was up by his face to me.

1 minute ago, gar jambo said:

Correct next 

Fair enough, I suppose you have to expect that under Neilson mate,the football won't always be great,but i wouldn't say the football overall was bad.

He's not a gung-ho type manager.

4 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Was bongo no a clown 

👍.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why didn't they believe more?

Rangers believed more.

We were saving some belief for livi, although if they believe really hard as well I dunno what will happen.

8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Rowles was like he was never away. Sibbick again very good. What a difference dominant centre halfs make.

Players coming back from injury. No more fatigue after Euro travels to worry about.

Beat Livi and Utd take care of Aberdeen and that’s us 3rd at the break.

What crisis 😎

Spot on 

Pity we lost but defensively at least we can all see the improvement. Folk complaining we tried to play too much football, too many passes etc. Not me, it's good to see us having the confidence to do that against an OF team away from home. Against lesser sides we will be coasting. Sibbick & Rowles our top men. A 1 nil loss is not too bad considering they thumped us by 4 at Tynie. A fit Humphreys would have made a big difference tonight. We will get 3rd without much trouble. 

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That's nothing really in overall terms.  Some are annoyed and I can see why but it's relatively mild apart from some radges going mad calling people hobos and thick etc. 

I suppose spending too much time on Kickback desensitises you to people overreacting and having meltdowns 😂

2 fairly flat teams and an awful game. Defended really well and we tried really hard to get a passing game going but just didn’t have that skill.

I expected more if a response to going behind if I’m honest but bringing on Henderson McKay and Forrest was like trying to put a fire out with a water pistol and reminds me how badly structured our transfer window was.

Anyhoo, now it’s out if the way, we’re in a good position given the issues we’ve had. Win against Livvy is a must and hope for a UTD win at Pittodrie and we’re fine, with a good run to come right after the break.

Thats a penalty by the way and vAR hasn’t even looked at it it would seem.

10 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The worst Rangers team since they were reformed part.

I said the worst I’ve seen at Ibrox. And it’s definitely up there. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Rangers believed more.

We were saving some belief for livi, although if they believe really hard as well I dunno what will happen.

Why are you trying to shit stir?

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Played well enough tonight to get a draw. Think both teams weren’t great. No matter what you think about Rangers they will never be low on confidence. 

Sibbick, Rowles and Snodgrass tremendous tonight.

We need to replace smith.

Need to sign a winger and a big lump of a striker in Jan.

Agree on Smith, ok as a back fill now , should not be a starting 11 pick now we have players coming back 

5 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Like visiting .net?

5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

This is worth emphasising - we've played 4 games against the OF, while both Aberdeen and Hibs have only played 2.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Fair enough, I suppose you have to expect that under Neilson mate,the football won't always be great,but i wouldn't say the football overall was bad.

He's not a gung-ho type manager.

👍.

Your having a mare mate

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

You mean the teams above us?

Yeah, shite right enough then.🤣

Real pressure? The worst that could happen is going into the break 5 points off third with the worst set of results  and given the efforts of some last night I wouldn't put money on any of them. At one point it looked like we'd be well behind.

7 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Aye, so you keep saying. Any thoughts on the game?

Haven't you heard there's thousands thought we were gutless tonight. Another false hope of better things from our glorious leader Robbie Neilson. 1 pass forward, 2 sideways then back to Gordon.

Very disappointing tonight.  Was there for the taking, if we had shown some belief and had a real go!

3rd will be a skoosh for us, given fixtures coming up and players back from injury.

Incidentally, a team that were sure they were going to be 3rd, will be lucky if they are not 3rd bottom😍

The Goalscoring Knee
10 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Pish.  0 shots on target.  Not much else to say.  surely you’re not happy with that 

Absolutely not. Thought there were parts of the team that weren't that bad, tbh. Maybe my bar is set lower than yours.

Bazzas right boot

I think our biggest downfall is the ball retention.

Our midfielders get found out a little and give the ball away too much  and we give the ball away needlessly too often.

They make mistakes they won't make on Saturday for example.

The amount of folk gagging for us to get beat that have returned after our two wins is funny as **** tho. The rage that had been built up has finally been released- good for them.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why are you trying to shit stir?

Wasn't replying to you.

stand down, buttercup.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I suppose spending too much time on Kickback desensitises you to people overreacting and having meltdowns 😂

This is actually factual :lol: 

Jonathan Sutherland really is a tiresome jobbie wedged deeply in the OF fundament, is he not? Just been reading his comments on the BBC website.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think our biggest downfall via the of id ball retention.

Our midfielders get found out a little and give the ball away too much  and we give the ball away needlessly too often.

The amount of folk gagging for us to get beat that have returned after our two wins is funny as **** tho. The rage that had been built up has finally been released- good for them.

Please go and stop trolling.   

Good post and felt myself agreeing but you just have to add the wee bit crap at the end. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I think our biggest downfall is the ball retention.

I sort of agree but for me our failure was going down for soft fouls that Beaton quickly showed he was never giving.

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Like visiting .net?

:rofl:

Exactly.  Not even an attempt at being subtle about it.

On the plus side, that pretty much brings to an end the worst run of fixtures I think I’ve ever seen following Hearts. 

6 league defeats, and 4 of them have been to the Old Firm and it’s the first week of November ffs