***Rangers v Heart of Midlothian*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

12 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

His posts are brilliant.

I'd say 50/50 on interesting and complete made up drivel.

That's entertainment in my book.

Livi at home now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• tian447

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

the real mackay

Just watched Chelsea losing to Man City. The general feeling among the pundits was Chelsea did well and created chances. I would like to be able to say that about Hearts tonight, but we created nothing. I think we have a great squad that was capable of really troubling a nervous Rangers side, but we are drilled to sit deep and defend. Tonight despite some stellar defensive performances there was no out ball because the whole team was sitting so deep. I just wish we could play in Glasgow the some of the fast one touch football we played on Saturday and really challenge the uglies. Let’s face it they know exactly what to expect when We visit them now. It is different than Levein tactics. I remember MacDonald as a manager who, yeah we took some bearings, always had his team have a real go at winning 

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No, not tonight he hasn’t, Robbie.

As @tian447 mentioned though, he’s changed his tact.

Good for him, hopefully it'll help moderate the discourse. No question he adds perspective regardless of how many agree. Fair few posters out playing the I'm a better fan than you card as usual though - it's tiresome. There are a spectrum of views and just because you aren't clapping vigorously doesn't make you Hibs. The whole point of the board is surely to discuss the game?

Happier with our defence tonight Rowles was outstanding with Cochrane and Sibbick not far behind my only moan is why we insist in playing short bye kicks in our box.

3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Good for him, hopefully it'll help moderate the discourse. No question he adds perspective regardless of how many agree. Fair few posters out playing the I'm a better fan than you card as usual though - it's tiresome. There are a spectrum of views and just because you aren't clapping vigorously doesn't make you Hibs. The whole point of the board is surely to discuss the game?

I will support Hearts no matter who is in charge, it's not my job to tell the board that Robbie isn't good enough, I want better but he's just signed a 3yr deal.

So I try to be positive and get behind him and the team, genuinely can't win lol.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

When we play Celtic Halliday is like 2 men but against Rangers he's like 0.1 of a man...

Thought he was carrying a knock to be fair.  - Almost scored too. 

28 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Its true mate.  He posts literally anything and theres a massive pile on.  See the St Johnstone post.  Pure madness. 

You his alt account or something?

He has posted absolute slavers for quite a while now, winding people up, getting temp bans from threads, and suddenly he has dropped his regular posting style; religiously anti-Neilson, suddenly supportive, and has adopted this zen, chill attitude.

It is very odd, to say the least.  People don't just flip their personalities like that.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

You his alt account or something?

He has posted absolute slavers for quite a while now, winding people up, getting temp bans from threads, and suddenly he has dropped his regular posting style; religiously anti-Neilson, suddenly supportive, and has adopted this zen, chill attitude.

It is very odd, to say the least.  People don't just flip their personalities like that.

Fair enough.  It could just coincide with an upturn of our fortunes though.  

Not an alt account no, just not keen on bullying.   It goes to show he could have posted literally anything and some would and did twist it to have a pop. 

44 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Aye well done. Let’s keep playing a player who was decent last season. He’s been rank for the last 8 weeks. Needs dropped. Can’t afford passengers. Zero effort. Zero game time. 

I assume you are drunk and angry. Relax. 

Just now, sandylejambo said:

We never laid a glove on them

Correct but don't upset people wee defended well against the poorest rangers team since they were  promoted from the championship! 

1 hour ago, Badonde said:

Is that performance acceptable? 
clear as day that the tactics were to sit in and play for a draw.  Same pish everytime.  ****ing pointless 

We need a decent foreign manager who doesn’t give a shit about weegie reputations, someone with the balls to take the game to the uglies, oh and a decent signing policy , some of these players don’t deserve to wear our jersey , Atkinson, Kio, Hendo, Smith is done even Mackay is absolutely rank . We have to bite the bullet and change the Tactical and training regimes at this club along with this defeatest attitude every time we travel along the M8

27 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

And what's mckay 

Thing is his form has been generally poor lately (ever since his Scotland call up). With Halliday the contrast in the OF games specifically is noticeable...

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Correct but don't upset people wee defended well against the poorest rangers team since they were  promoted from the championship! 

Rubbish sorry.   That team finished 3rd in the league.  This Rangers team beat PSV to make the Champions League. 

the real mackay

People having a real go at Mckay. I agree that he isn’t reaching the form that he was at last season. My question is have teams sussed him out and realised what he is going to do or our current players not making the runs that Simms made last season. It is Mckay’s second season here and I am wondering what we have done to actually improve Mckay, who undoubtedly has bags of talent, as a player. Just a question, but can you tell me a player that has come to Hearts and really improved?

45 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

When we play Celtic Halliday is like 2 men but against Rangers he's like 0.1 of a man...

took a knock early in the first half

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

See that Kio get him to f### !

Wee McKay is bloody hopeless, Cochrane is good then bad no consistency. Rangers were very poor tonight and yet our set up going forward was non existent as usual when we play in Glasgow. No blame on Snodgrass, the 3 Aussies, Sibbick, Smith and Gordon as for the rest some poor and some very poor. This team was not prepared by Neilson to give Rangers a game.

Please post more on here

that is all.

wattie exploited

thought we played well in defence but could have played another 90 minutes and would still not have a shot on goal piss poor as rangers aren't great right now :rifle:

Cruickie's Moustache

Thought we played well tonight from a defensive point of view. 

Understand the desire to maintain possession but can't help feel we miss opportunities to drive forward. Too many times a player has space in front of them but they stop then pass backwards and we then succumb to the opposition's press rather than giving them something to think about.

How many times do we have free kicks around the half way line and the ball ends up going back to Gordon?

Understand we don't want to go route one all the time but how many times do we play tippy tappy at the corner of our own box then finally have to go route one anyway. Often the early long  ball might actually catch the opposition off guard.

So defensively, reasonably sound but going forward all too often very slow, ponderous, predictable and easy for better or well organised teams (Livi at the weekend!?) to cope with.

All that said still in a good position in the league with injured players hopefully bolstering the team after the WC.

Robbie's game plan worked for 60 minutes, actually thought we played well, just no composure in the final 3rd which has been a common theme in almost all of out away games this season.  Nick a goal and we would be saying he's a tactical genius.

Biggest negative for me was how easy we made the last 10 mins for them, looked more concerned about not conceding a 2nd rather than scoring ourself.

4 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Thought we played well tonight from a defensive point of view. 

Understand the desire to maintain possession but can't help feel we miss opportunities to drive forward. Too many times a player has space in front of them but they stop then pass backwards and we then succumb to the opposition's press rather than giving them something to think about.

How many times do we have free kicks around the half way line and the ball ends up going back to Gordon?

Understand we don't want to go route one all the time but how many times do we play tippy tappy at the corner of our own box then finally have to go route one anyway. Often the early long  ball might actually catch the opposition off guard.

So defensively, reasonably sound but going forward all too often very slow, ponderous, predictable and easy for better or well organised teams (Livi at the weekend!?) to cope with.

All that said still in a good position in the league with injured players hopefully bolstering the team after the WC.

Yeap - agree Briever.

I mean Cruickies tache.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Final summary from me.

Rangers were there for at least a point. 

Defence was like night & day with Rowles back, bar one slack moment.

The yardstick is on the weekend, where we need to get the three points, by whatever means necessary.

I agree with your summation, i.e. that  Rangers team were there for the taking. My own thoughts were that we didn't commit ourselves enough going forward, a kind of fear of playing with some risk involved. Others on the bus said they felt it was poor defending which cost us bur I thought in the main we defended well and if either Neilson or the Aussie manager had any doubts about Rowles then tonight will have changed their minds, he put in a really good shift. I just thought that when going forward an extra player or two joining in may have helped us break them down.

Edited by portobellojambo1

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Their form is not as bad as folk seem to be making out.

The hammered Aberdeen just over  week ago then lost a game.

I'm sure folk have been watching them in the UCL and though- they're  shite, if we have a go like Napoli or Liverpool and believe we can better them.

Bit disappointing we couldn't muster more attacks but a 1-0 defeat v Rangers is not something to get too upset about, like some others seem to be doing.

Mate, I love your constant positivity. I really do.

But that was disappointing tonight. Not one shot on target against an out of form Rangers team. Even you can't be happy with that?

We lack stones at Ibrox and Parkhead. Its like our players see the blue strip or the green & white hoops and go into a shell. It's annoying.

Rangers were actually there for the taking tonight. It's not often that can be said. But tonight they really were there to be beat. We just didn't 'man up'. Toby was great. Alex Cochrane was very good. Snoddy was good too. Kye Rowles was fantastic. But not many others played to the level they can.

I feel really frustrated that we didn't come away with something tonight.

The same 'out of form' Rangers side that have dropped 2 pts at home all season and lost twice, once to Celtic and the recent defeat to St Johnstone? I wish we were that sort of out of form.

Too many not acknowledging that Robbie hasn't had the bulk of his squad available to him for the entire season.  Can't be bothered listing the number unavailable last night.

He's doing well in the circumstances and I hope we beat Livingston and have virtually everyone fit next month.  Great run of fixtures when we get back.

5 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Happier with our defence tonight Rowles was outstanding with Cochrane and Sibbick not far behind my only moan is why we insist in playing short bye kicks in our box.

Agree. We played excellent. But we need to watch our line at the back. Sibbick played a few onside down to not looking. Apart from that excellent. We were very confident. Proud of the Aussie contingency. Played excellent. 

Cant grumble about much. The goal we left him unmarked and in way too much space. 

Finally our shape is coming back. Few ins & outs winter and we’ll be dandy. Snodgrass was also brilliant and showing his experience. 

StevenNaismith

The game plan was exactly what we needed, get the crowd restless and on their backs. There has to come a point though where you use that to your advantage and flick the switch so to speak. I was very disappointed that once the crowd had turned on them that we didn’t push ourselves further up the park and force mistakes. If anything, we continued to get deeper and deeper as the game wore on, evidenced by their goal. They were there for the taking last night and I felt we barely laid a glove on them. Massive positive having Rowles back and hopefully get everyone back bar Boyce post World Cup.

7 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Rubbish sorry.   That team finished 3rd in the league.  This Rangers team beat PSV to make the Champions League. 

Last season and their team has changed

We matched them in many areas but one team wanted to win and one would have been delighted with a draw. They looked a bit rattled at times but we didn't really look like scoring.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Mate, I love your constant positivity. I really do.

But that was disappointing tonight. Not one shot on target against an out of form Rangers team. Even you can't be happy with that?

We lack stones at Ibrox and Parkhead. Its like our players see the blue strip or the green & white hoops and go into a shell. It's annoying.

Rangers were actually there for the taking tonight. It's not often that can be said. But tonight they really were there to be beat. We just didn't 'man up'. Toby was great. Alex Cochrane was very good. Snoddy was good too. Kye Rowles was fantastic. But not many others played to the level they can.

I feel really frustrated that we didn't come away with something tonight.

Tbh, I don't think it’s positivity,  more pragmatism. 

I don't think they were there to be beat, I couldn't tell you that time Rangers lost to two non of teams on the bounce and how often it happens. 

Add that to our general injury issues and record v Rangers and in Glasgow I personally never seen them as there to be beaten.

Disappointing- yes defeat always is but I never thought we'd win this game.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

I assume you are drunk and angry. Relax. 

You’re part right. I don’t drink during the week. I am angry though. Angry at yet another insipid and pedestrian performance from him. 

Don't know what we were expecting but once again we haven't had a shot on target against them.

I knew we wouldn't take the game to them at any point and not surprised once again we have let them off massively.

On to Livi on sat which is a massive 3 pointer 

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not 

I don't think they were there to be beat, I couldn't tell you that time Rangers lost to two non of teams on the bounce and how often it happens. 

Addthat to our general injury issues and record v Rangers and in Glasgow I personally never seen them as there to be beaten.

Not a shot on target, so that tells its own story, 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Not a shot on target, so that tells its own story, 

Doesn't really, you can have blocked shots, hit the frame and miss open goals.

None of them count as shots on target.

It tells part of a story,  but not the story.

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

How many blocked shots did we have, or open goals did we miss, or the frame get rattled?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

How many blocked shots did we have, or open goals did we miss, or the frame get rattled?

Unsure, but my point stands,  shots on target only tell part of the story, not the story.

I think maybe 3 or 4 blocked shots and Halidays miss hit in front of the goal.

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye a big part not one hit the back of the net, 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

The game plan was exactly what we needed, get the crowd restless and on their backs. There has to come a point though where you use that to your advantage and flick the switch so to speak. I was very disappointed that once the crowd had turned on them that we didn’t push ourselves further up the park and force mistakes. If anything, we continued to get deeper and deeper as the game wore on, evidenced by their goal. They were there for the taking last night and I felt we barely laid a glove on them. Massive positive having Rowles back and hopefully get everyone back bar Boyce post World Cup.

How close is Beni mate? Think he will be after WC?

We_are_the_Hearts
27 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Add that to our general injury issues and record v Rangers and in Glasgow I personally never seen them as there to be beaten.

You can say we were disappointed a wee bit in Bob and not get chucked out his fan club. In fact it would be refreshing. Bob is back in favour and we are going in  good direction but we can still do better and last night was an example. Going long is Plan B but the aim of football is to score goals, irrespective on how you do it. The wee passages of passing generally saw us turn over the ball because of the Rangers press. We needed to go past them and get the defence turning more IMO

24 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Geez oh you really are the king of spin on this forum. I'm off to work so you enjoy another 8 hour shift on here but mind and stop for lunch.