Train strikes

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten
On 03/11/2022 at 23:12, henrysmithsgloves said:

Just listen to this guy,speaks a lot off sense,😎😎

In general I quite like Mick I liked his quote on Gogglebox when he said “does this look like the miners strike”. I disagree with him on this point though it’s not about picking sides it’s about seeing both sides of the argument and coming to an agreement when both sides don’t get everything they want but it’s resolved respectfully and we move on. 

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'm self employed. 

Didn't like working for other people so rather than strike and make other peoples lives a misery I did something about it.

🤣🤣

You mean you could earn more money self employed and enjoy the cash in hand jobs👍

10 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

🤣🤣

You mean you could earn more money self employed and enjoy the cash in hand jobs👍

No.

I have a legitimate business, I didn't like working for other people and rather than moan, strike, stomp my feet and make my life and those around me miserable, I made the change. 

Choices choices choices 👍

Edited by Bull's-eye

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

🤣🤣

:lol:

11 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Anybody that strikes is a special type of moron imo.

Hope they all get sacked, the railways where I live are an absolute joke and won't be missed anyway.

If you don't like your job/standard of life then move on and do something that floats your boat. People don't like working in this country. That's the simple truth.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Other than sports people, who the feck likes working? Morons, that's who.

I must be a moron 😥

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

No.

I have a legitimate business, I didn't like working for other people and rather than moan, strike, stomp my feet and make my life and those around me miserable, I made the change. 

You showed initiative, work for yourself and did the best thing for you as an individual. In most countries, people admire folk who strike out on own. In Scotland, somehow that makes you a Tory!

It will certainly annoy a fair few on here who prefer to live off others hard work and effort. 

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

In general I quite like Mick I liked his quote on Gogglebox when he said “does this look like the miners strike”. I disagree with him on this point though it’s not about picking sides it’s about seeing both sides of the argument and coming to an agreement when both sides don’t get everything they want but it’s resolved respectfully and we move on. 

Spot on, listening to his comments on those who run the railways was eye-opening for me

3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

No.

Despite being self employed, you do realise that you work for other people? You work for your customers. Every one of your customers is your boss. 

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'm self employed. 

Didn't like working for other people so rather than strike and make other peoples lives a misery I did something about it.

Self employed train driver? Some folks job skillsets render them unable to go self employed. But sir, I tip my hat to you taking the chance and it working out for you

43 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Despite being self employed, you do realise that you work for other people? You work for your customers. Every one of your customers is your boss. 

:rofl:

Dennis Reynolds

That's the nurses going on strike now. Hopefully someone heads down to the hospitals and tells them to just go self employed. Sorted.

12 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's not true.

Try doing a shite job or not doing it at all. You won't get paid and you'll soon realise who your boss is.

46 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Try doing a shite job or not doing it at all. You won't get paid and you'll soon realise who your boss is.

No, I'll leave that sort of stupidity to others. 

21 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Hopefully the strikers will realise that one day after they’ve finished chucking the toys out the pram because their company wants to move with the times. 

22 hours ago, IronJambo said:

That will be the same for you and I then.

On 05/11/2022 at 08:59, Bull's-eye said:

I'm self employed. 

Unemployable, mair like.

It amazes me, that folk who think they are better than folk, forget, if people didn't protest or strike or fight against working conditions. They'd be ****ed. Selfish ***** with no clue. 

Educated on the tax payers money, public services on tax payers money, emergency services on taxpayers money, infrastructure on taxpayers money. Yet they believe these folk should work for them for a pittance. 

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

That will be the same for you and I then.

You work on the railway John, surely you know that you can do a shite job and still get paid every 4 weeks 

16 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

You work on the railway John, surely you know that you can do a shite job and still get paid every 4 weeks 

There are many that do. I'm not one of them.

henrysmithsgloves
48 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Not just the railways, it's rife in most trades!

New Town Loafer
11 minutes ago, Korky said:

RMT UK - MICK Lynch

RMT Scotland - MICK Hogg

ASLEF UK - MICK Whelan

Anyone spot a pattern?
Its like the Monty Python ‘Bruce’ sketch!

The Huns must be hating it.

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Korky said:

RMT UK - MICK Lynch

RMT Scotland - MICK Hogg

ASLEF UK - MICK Whelan

Anyone spot a pattern?
Its like the Monty Python ‘Bruce’ sketch!

Disney productions too😳

download.jpeg

Malinga the Swinga
On 05/11/2022 at 22:13, Dennis Reynolds said:

That's the nurses going on strike now. Hopefully someone heads down to the hospitals and tells them to just go self employed. Sorted.

Did that even make sense to you when you wrote it? I mean you know it's not a comparable situation but your bitterness must have blinded you.  

Wonder what the odds are that nursing dispute sorted before they even strike for 2 day.

It wouldn't be the biggest surprise.

All Scotrail strike action, overtime ban suspended forthwith, whilst RMT Union members within Scotrail vote on (the Union recommendation is to accept), the latest pay offer. RMT Union members have until the 24th of November to cast their vote online for yes or no.

Edited by John Findlay

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, John Findlay said:

All Scotrail strike action, overtime ban suspended forthwith, whilst RMT Union members within Scotrail vote (the Union recommendation is to accept), the latest pay over. RMT Union members have until the 24th of November to cast their vote online for yes or no.

Good stuff. Somehow both sides will claim win.

Dennis Reynolds
51 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Did that even make sense to you when you wrote it? I mean you know it's not a comparable situation but your bitterness must have blinded you.  

Wonder what the odds are that nursing dispute sorted before they even strike for 2 day.

It wouldn't be the biggest surprise.

What bit confused you?