***Offishul Qatar World Cup 2022 Thread***

Cade

Amazing game in the end.

It was quite flat until France got the penalty but, overall, it was a fantastic final.

Pleased, too, about my £10 stake, £31 win, on a draw after 90. 💸 💰 

Edited by martoon

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• Maroon Sailor

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fitzroy Pointon
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You must old to have seen them all.:10900:

We all know the ones before I was born don't count. 

Like we'll all be telling our kids about Lionel Messi in future and they'll scoff at us. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Missed that as wife had home made chicken pie ready as soon as last penalty went in.

Hopefully their delusion will continue right up to the moment they get knocked out in 18 months time.

it was lineker who mentioned it but to be fair the alan and rio they almost completely ignored his comment. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yeah it is so hard to define though what "best" means.  That Brazil team was explosive in that final but this was two teams going hammer and tongs to win it.  Really hard.

Brazil team from 1970 would have thumped either of these two without breaking sweat.

So would Argentina in 1978, Italy in 1982 and Germany in 2014. These sides could all defend, something neither of today's were capable of.

Good final though.

Just now, milky_26 said:

put the golden glove trophy at his crotch and simulated a phallus

very polite way of describing it. 😮 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

put the golden glove trophy at his crotch and simulated a phallus

South America

the skid mark on the corrupt underpants of fifa

best in the land

All the things mess has achieved in his long career and now he's finally got the prize he wanted the most...

A Cammy Devlin top 😁🤣

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Brazil team from 1970 would have thumped either of these two without breaking sweat.

So would Argentina in 1978, Italy in 1982 and Germany in 2014. These sides could all defend, something neither of today's were capable of.

Good final though.

Nonsense and can never be confirmed either way.

1 minute ago, best in the land said:

All the things mess has achieved in his long career and now he's finally got the prize he wanted the most...

A Cammy Devlin top 😁🤣

actually bot a similar height and build so was ideal swap 

:) 

Absolutely and utterly thrilled for Messi first of all, and for Argentina.

As for France, looking at the squad depth and ability, i expect them to be in and around the winners of the next 3 or 4 major finals they compete in.

Just now, VALDOS' said:

As for France, looking at the squad depth and ability, i expect them to be in and around the winners of the next 3 or 4 major finals they compete in.

Yep, a final swansong for Messi, a first of (probably) a few finals for this young French team.

5 minutes ago, best in the land said:

A Cammy Devlin top 😁🤣

:rofl:

Just now, best in the land said:

Macron having a great time 🤣

hes just happy that messi makes him look like a giant. 

5 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Agreed. A brilliant sporting moment that will go down in football history forever. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nonsense and can never be confirmed either way.

So not nonsense then, just a different opinion from someone who watched these teams.

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Brazil's display in 70 was the best ever but this was the best World Cup Final. 

Agree. Brazil 1970 were the best winners In my life time but tonight the best final.

Malinga the Swinga

I'm sure Messi must get embarrassed by the attention he gets when he wants to celebrate with his team mates 

Still, all those who are thrilled and elated for him will be able to pretend he gives a toss what these foreign, to him, adult men think.

Just now, Der Kaiser said:

Presume Qatar spent so much money they could only swing for a shanny dressing gown for Messi.....

It's probably solid gold trim! 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So not nonsense then, just a different opinion from someone who watched these teams.

Utter nonsense tbh.

A good World Cup with possibly the greatest ever final. When you look solely at the football it's been a huge success.

Glad to get back to domestic business now though

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agree. Brazil 1970 were the best winners In my life time but tonight the best final.

Yeah, as I said earlier. I saw the full 70 final years after it happened so I kinda knew what I was in for but still the best team performance I've ever seen. 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'm sure Messi must get embarrassed by the attention he gets when he wants to celebrate with his team mates 

Still, all those who are thrilled and elated for him will be able to pretend he gives a toss what these foreign, to him, adult men think.

You seem really angry at people enjoying one of the greatest and most iconic sportsman of the last 2 decades. Tonight was the culmination of an insane and God like career and people from countries around the world who have watched him are delighted. It's a bizarre thing to be so upset about. 

Edited by Luckies1874

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

You seem really angry at people enjoying one of the greatest and most iconic sportsman of the last 2 decades. Tonight was the culmination of an insane and God like career and people from country around the world who have watched him are delighted. It's a bizarre thing to be so upset about. 

Even Brazilians. 

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Really weird post.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Cartman Licking Tears GIFs | Tenor