Virgin Media

Locky

Just now, OBE said:

Is anyone else experiencing Virgin broadband outage in Edinburgh and the Lothians?

Aye been down all day. Pain in the arse as hotspotting my phone to connect to work has chewed through my data. Their service status website is saying 10-11am tomorrow before it's fixed as well.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OBE

• hughesie27

• Greedy Jambo

• sinks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Aye been down all day. Pain in the arse as hotspotting my phone to connect to work has chewed through my data. Their service status website is saying 10-11am tomorrow before it's fixed as well.

Thanks for the quick response, thought it was my new virgin router...🤜💥🤛

The Future's Maroon

I’ll say something, I don’t trust all these Amazon fire stick hacks etc as I need broadband for working from home.

my bill was £135 per month (not even got Movies), phoned them other day to say I was cancelling blah blah….bill down to £75 per month for next 6 months and even told to call back in September to reinstate discount - get on the blower folks!!

11 hours ago, OBE said:

Is anyone else experiencing Virgin broadband outage in Edinburgh and the Lothians?

Just seen this. Mine kept dropping out for a minute or 2 all day. This explains it. I'm sure I did get a message from them a few weeks ago advising of works at some point, but I can't remember when it was. What I do know is that i disregarded it as it was a day I planned to be in the office. I was meant to be in yesterday but didn't go. 

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Just seen this. Mine kept dropping out for a minute or 2 all day. This explains it. I'm sure I did get a message from them a few weeks ago advising of works at some point, but I can't remember when it was. What I do know is that i disregarded it as it was a day I planned to be in the office. I was meant to be in yesterday but didn't go. 

7 hours the broadband was down and not a peep from Virgin. Pity the outage wasn't earlier...too many bad-beats on pokerstars...river cards, hate em! :(

Had to renew my Virgin contract about 3 weeks ago. My previous contract was £102pm for everything (incl. Viaplay) however was due to go up to £161. Managed to get my new contract for £115. This includes this stupid £25pm to O2 for a SIM I'll never use. 

Anyway, I have just received a letter from VM about their price rises fron 1st May and my bill is going up another £21.50!!! 🤣🤣🤣

They'll be getting told to ram that right up their arseholes tonight.

🖕

Most virgin customers will have received a letter/email regarding a price rise which will allow you to cancel without penalty if you’re still in contract. I only use them for broadband but have negotiated my 1gig broadband down to £31 a month till the end of my contract which is in August. I’ll renegotiate or look elsewhere in the summer. 

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Had to renew my Virgin contract about 3 weeks ago. My previous contract was £102pm for everything (incl. Viaplay) however was due to go up to £161. Managed to get my new contract for £115. This includes this stupid £25pm to O2 for a SIM I'll never use. 

Anyway, I have just received a letter from VM about their price rises fron 1st May and my bill is going up another £21.50!!! 🤣🤣🤣

🖕

Doesn't the price rise only come into effect upon the end of your current contract though?

22 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Doesn't the price rise only come into effect upon the end of your current contract though?

I think maybe April 2024 would be the first time it'd show on my bill, from reading the letter, but it would still mean 6months I'd be paying it (18month contract). 

Listen, I'm still trying to calm myself down, mix of rage and laughter, since I opened the bloody thing. 🤣

highlandjambo3

Talking of broadband, I’ve been with BT now like forever but it’s due to expire this month and looking at options.  My download speed is 24mbs and upload is 4, it’s been the same for years even though our street was dug up about 2 years ago to upgrade the speed…..my speed didn’t change a jot, does that mean that BT haven’t connected me to this upgrade yet?

42 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Talking of broadband, I’ve been with BT now like forever but it’s due to expire this month and looking at options.  My download speed is 24mbs and upload is 4, it’s been the same for years even though our street was dug up about 2 years ago to upgrade the speed…..my speed didn’t change a jot, does that mean that BT haven’t connected me to this upgrade yet?

Who dug up the street, BT, Virgin or another? Much you paying for 24mbps? You're not likely to increase that speed if the dwelling is fed by copper wire from the cabinet on the street. You'll have to do some research, to identify if any providers in your area can offer fibre. Just for a reference, I'm £27pm for over 500mbps, 18 month contract, no landline, just fibre broadband...👍

highlandjambo3
Just now, OBE said:

Who dug up the street, BT, Virgin or another? Much you paying for 24mbps? You're not likely to increase that speed if the dwelling is fed by copper wire from the cabinet on the street. You'll have to do some research, to identify if any providers in your area can offer fibre. Just for a reference, I'm £27pm for over 500mbps, 18 month contract, no landline, just fibre broadband...👍

Not sure who dug the street up but, it’s still going on, the purple cabling ducts dug  down into every path with a small box junction outside every house (see picture), I don’t know what’s under that box or, does someone have to come along and connect me/flick a switch 🤷‍♂️.  Cityfibre are the people posting out letters every few months saying “congratulations you can now connect to our super fast broadband”……I’ve been tied down to my BT contract so I haven’t been able to do anything yet but my contract expires in 10 days time.  The cityfibre guides you through who is available and when I pop my postcode in “talk talk 150” comes up as the best option at £24 for up to 150mps which is way more than I get now but, there’s loads of small print waffle about the guaranteed speed.  I’m currently paying £58 per month with BT and they’ve been rubbing their hands for years……they can def do one though, I’ve cancelled my DD with them which is due 08 April after my contract is finished…..No doubt a stupendous offer will be on the cards shortly.

C5F18444-0DF3-4586-8225-AD79BB1C672E.jpeg

6 hours ago, OBE said:

7 hours the broadband was down and not a peep from Virgin. Pity the outage wasn't earlier...too many bad-beats on pokerstars...river cards, hate em! :(

All my virgin services dropped out 10.00 yesterday morning and came back on at 13.30 today.

6 minutes ago, sinks said:

All my virgin services dropped out 10.00 yesterday morning and came back on at 13.30 today.

You in the Lothians and were you made aware that this outage was going to take place?

55 minutes ago, OBE said:

You in the Lothians and were you made aware that this outage was going to take place?

East Lothian and never told anything.

Phoned customer service (who are f*****g useless) and was advised I would need an engineer out. Arranged for this morning and never turned up.As far as I can see was never booked to come out.

Services all came back on @13.30.

I still have 12 months on contract but as this is not the first time I've had to try and contact them and never had much success dealing with them, I will not renew and would advise no-one to go near them.

6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

🖕

I used to have the o2 element in my VM package, it was way more than I needed so I contacted o2 via an online chat and negotiated a deal much more suited to what I needed for £10 per month.

1 minute ago, Cheile said:

I used to have the o2 element in my VM package, it was way more than I needed so I contacted o2 via an online chat and negotiated a deal much more suited to what I needed for £10 per month.

Ta for the tip 👍

35 minutes ago, sinks said:

East Lothian and never told anything.

Phoned customer service (who are f*****g useless) and was advised I would need an engineer out. Arranged for this morning and never turned up.As far as I can see was never booked to come out.

Services all came back on @13.30.

I still have 12 months on contract but as this is not the first time I've had to try and contact them and never had much success dealing with them, I will not renew and would advise no-one to go near them.

I'm trying to cancel the engineer for tomorrow, it all seems easy enough if the cancel facility was visible at the top of my account dashboard. If I don't cancel, I could be charged £25 for the appointment. I was warned about this mob.

31 minutes ago, OBE said:

I'm trying to cancel the engineer for tomorrow, it all seems easy enough if the cancel facility was visible at the top of my account dashboard. If I don't cancel, I could be charged £25 for the appointment. I was warned about this mob.

My wife was on some local chat forum and it appears everyone who has Virgin was out down here.Allegedly cable cut by roadworks in Musselburgh.

Many waiting for engineer who hasn't turned up so don't be surprised if he doesn't turn up.

Thinking about turning the £25 charge back on them as I waited in all morning for a no show.

17 hours ago, sinks said:

My wife was on some local chat forum and it appears everyone who has Virgin was out down here.Allegedly cable cut by roadworks in Musselburgh.

Many waiting for engineer who hasn't turned up so don't be surprised if he doesn't turn up.

Thinking about turning the £25 charge back on them as I waited in all morning for a no show.

Goons fitting new lamp posts in Mussy cut through a cable allegedly...

32 minutes ago, sinks said:

Did you manage to cancel engineer?

No, all embedded links on the app and website to cancel/reschedule don't function.

8 minutes ago, OBE said:

No, all embedded links on the app and website to cancel/reschedule don't function.

For a communications company their sites are a disgrace...don't worry, he'll not turn up anyway🤣

5 minutes ago, sinks said:

For a communications company their sites are a disgrace...don't worry, he'll not turn up anyway🤣

The new fibre installation and equipment set up was flawless. I had a look on their community forum, 4 pages of punters unable to cancel engineers...bizzare! The house will be occupied and able to let them in so no £25 charge...  

15 hours ago, sinks said:

👍

• 3 weeks later...

Down nationwide at the moment. Woke up to find WiFi was showing as online, but can't access anything...not even the Virgin "is my service down" page

Just as well I'm not working from home today

14 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Down nationwide at the moment. Woke up to find WiFi was showing as online, but can't access anything...not even the Virgin "is my service down" page

Same here, but up and running now.

6 minutes ago, OBE said:

Same here, but up and running now.

Yeah, same here now. Someone at Virgin must have tripped over the cable when they went to bed last night :lol:

2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Wondered why my heating hadn't come on this morning and then realised it was because my Virgin was down. Like you I'm 'lucky' enough to be in the office today. 

Seaside Dave
3 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Absolutely done me over playing weekend league on FIFA last night 

4 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Absolutely done me over playing weekend league on FIFA last night 

Shouldn't be playing weekend games on a Monday. Lesson learned for you I hope. 

31 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We better get some compensation for this pish.

Only compensation you get is a 17% price increase

:rofl:

Seaside Dave
7 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Shouldn't be playing weekend games on a Monday. Lesson learned for you I hope. 

I mean the qualifiers 😂😂 

Howdy Doody Jambo

The call centre must be in a different time zone probably sourced out to cut costs was on the phone to them yesterday for around an hour

Just awful 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The call centre must be in a different time zone probably sourced out to cut costs was on the phone to them yesterday for around an hour

Just awful 

It might well be, but it'll also be working to our hours. I was in Mumbai years ago dealing with an outsourced call centre, our lines were open until 7pm, so they were there until 11.30pm local time.

7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Say your service was down for a full 24 hours, realistically you're only entitled to 1 day's worth of your monthly bill. In my case that would be 67p.

12 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

😂

Take your custom elsewhere, it’s the only thing businesses understand. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Virgin customer service was a joke when I was trying to join them. First and last time I bother. 

Branson spending too much on rockets 🚀 and employing space cadets to man the phone's, Richard we have a problem, when English isn't their first language on the line's it is very from Straiton and when they say good morning when it's 4 o'clock in the afternoon it rips ma knitting 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

5 hours ago, jonesy said:

Virgin customer service was a joke when I was trying to join them. First and last time I bother. 

You dodged a bullet...I wish I had walked away

i had problems with them the other night i just turned on "hotspot" on phone and connected to it with my laptop and ran it of my data and it worked fine only used a couple Gig.

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Dazo said:

😂

Take your custom elsewhere, it’s the only thing businesses understand. 

this in copious ammounts, only way they learn, but they dont.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

this in copious ammounts, only way they learn, but they dont.

"only way they learn, but they dont"

Some crazed spraff right there Potter.

:facepalm:

Will always be a % of customers that have a bad experience with any business I suppose. Never had any bother a customer and now obviously see the inner workings as a technician. I suppose if people didn’t phone in for faults like when their tv is on the wrong source or their phones not plugged in, then it would free up resources for people that genuinely have faults. 
Agree that customer service can be a pain being based in a different country to be fair. 

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

"only way they learn, but they dont"

Some crazed spraff right there Potter.

:facepalm:

Should learn but they dont, forgot you are Einstein, 20 highers, 40 o grades expert at everything, 

Anyway hows life , 😀.

7 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Should learn but they dont, forgot you are Einstein, 20 highers, 40 o grades expert at everything, 

Anyway hows life , 😀.

All good Potter.

Well on my to making my 2nd million.

I trust you are well ?

Harry Potter
57 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

All good Potter.

Well on my to making my 2nd million.

I trust you are well ?

Im spot on pal, going on saturday to hopefully witness a win for us.

• 1 month later...

Knew there was a rant thread somewhere, and totally forgot til I found it, that it was me who started it. :lol: 

Anyway, back again. I'm in work, but she's just messaged me to say the Virgin's went off. App shows no signs of area outage so she's phoned them for an explanation. Our services were fitted on the 4th September, so every month our bill generates on the 4th and we get a week to pay it. Apparently however, they sent her an email advising the bill will generate on the 14th now. Why? I've no idea. Of course the email is sitting in her junk so totally bypassed her.

Rather strange in the first instance but to top it off, they want us to cough up £100 to re-connect us until we both get paid at the end of the month, and there's nothing they, or indeed we can do about it, is what they're saying.

What's the ****ing point. :lol: