VAR possibly introduced this month

1874robbo

It is ridiculous SFA chief is saying it'll be horrendous for months. What a joke the SFA are, run by incompetent **** wits.

No confidence this'll work properly for us, it'll be even more manufactured refereeing to benefit the Old Firm coin.

Malinga the Swinga

If it was in place last night, Hibs goal would have counted. On other hand, they've benefitted from shocking decisions in most of their games, so they need to keep quiet and shut up.

Virtual Arsecheek Representation

Thats exactly what VAR in Scotland will be, another tool to be exploited by the two arse cheeks. Watch them go back 2 or 3 minutes to find a possible foul leading up to a goal against the old firm while ignoring and not even being willing to look back at any possible infringements committed by the old firm when they score.

This is how VAR will be used to keep the GFA happy.

I hope in wrong but i just don't see it playing out any other way.

5 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Virtual Arsecheek Representation

Thats exactly what VAR in Scotland will be, another tool to be exploited by the two arse cheeks. Watch them go back 2 or 3 minutes to find a possible foul leading up to a goal against the old firm while ignoring and not even being willing to look back at any possible infringements committed by the old firm when they score.

This is how VAR will be used to keep the GFA happy.

I hope in wrong but i just don't see it playing out any other way.

How I see it too.

As impossible as it sounds, Scottish football is about to get worse.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

How I see it too.

As impossible as it sounds, Scottish football is about to get worse.

It will be a shambles, primarily because of the utter panic at the thought of upsetting the OF

Plus, there’ll be no accountability. We’ll get laughable decisions which no one will answer for 

I guarantee there will be an "unexpected issue" with the VAR system not responding correctly, or giving "inconclusive" angles for a decision in the Old Firms favour (an offside not being given, a handball in the box not being given to the other team, a red card check not getting a good view, or a goal not awarded as they can't be sure it crossed the line) a couple of games after it comes in.  Not straight away, because that would be too obvious, but there will be something major that is blamed on a system failure that directly disadvantages whoever has the misfortune of playing them when it is allowed to happen.

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

I guarantee there will be an "unexpected issue" with the VAR system not responding correctly, or giving "inconclusive" angles for a decision in the Old Firms favour (an offside not being given, a handball in the box not being given to the other team, a red card check not getting a good view, or a goal not awarded as they can't be sure it crossed the line) a couple of games after it comes in.  Not straight away, because that would be too obvious, but there will be something major that is blamed on a system failure that directly disadvantages whoever has the misfortune of playing them when it is allowed to happen.

I've said this elsewhere... we're about to see a lot more OF penalties when it comes to corners. When they need a 'lift' this is what will happen, there will be a pulled shirt or push (that always happens at corners) - it's just this time VAR will find an 'infringement' in their favour... it won't be hard.

It'll be a disaster because their refs will struggle to cheat as they normally do, then will be found out in replays, then they'll just be incompetent and will be getting used to the system etc... 

Every 2mm offside goal against the Glasgow 2 will be rescinded, every feather touch in the box will be given to them as a penalty.

Anything any other team claims for will be waved aside "nothing to see here".

Nap

I know every goal gets checked... but how does VAR actually 'decide' what to check? Is it prompted by the VAR operators or does the referee initiate the check... or both?

That is a total joke for someone in his position to come out and say that publicly! If he knows it's going to be horrendous then why don't him and his pals get together and sort out the reasons why he thinks it will be horrendous. But no they will just roll it out regardless. The people running our game are bowling club at best.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, sac said:

Cant wait to find out who the faceless OF sympathisers will be sitting upstairs ignoring the obvious.

article-1367178-00B05F9B1000044C-945_634x409.jpg

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Philfigo said:

That is a total joke for someone in his position to come out and say that publicly! If he knows it's going to be horrendous then why don't him and his pals get together and sort out the reasons why he thinks it will be horrendous. But no they will just roll it out regardless. The people running our game are bowling club at best.

Yip, you can't make it up.

It reminds me of brexit planning 😁

Just bash on regardless. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I know every goal gets checked... but how does VAR actually 'decide' what to check? Is it prompted by the VAR operators or does the referee initiate the check... or both?

Europe seems to have  far less intervention. 

The epl have made a bit of an arse of it tbh especially with hand balls.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It'll be a disaster because their refs will struggle to cheat as they normally do, then will be found out in replays, then they'll just be incompetent and will be getting used to the system etc... 

Yip, and can you imagine refs like McLean over turning something. 

If anything other will make them double down.

Arrogant wee arsehole.

The Treasurer

If its in place this month you can guarantee that it will be for our home game against arse cheek one, and there will be "teething problems" that will benefit only one team 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Europe seems to have  far less intervention. 

The epl have made a bit of an arse of it tbh especially with hand balls.

I've read a few posts (over the last year) saying something like "it'll be ok if it's operated like in Germany"... but I've never been entirely sure what that means. Perhaps it is less intervention... you can bet it'll be whatever suits the uglies best.

I don't see the point in having different 'variations'... if it's here, then it should be used to correct wrong decisions IMO. If it's different from Germany, which is different from France which is different from England... what happens in the World Cup? Which variation will they opt for?! It's all a bit bizarre. The SFA/SPFL will make a complete arse of it, as usual.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I've read a few posts (over the last year) saying something like "it'll be ok if it's operated like in Germany"... but I've never been entirely sure what that means. Perhaps it is less intervention... you can bet it'll be whatever suits the uglies best.

I don't see the point in having different 'variations'... if it's here, then it should be used to correct wrong decisions IMO. If it's different from Germany, which is different from France which is different from England... what happens in the World Cup? Which variation will they opt for?! It's all a bit bizarre. The SFA/SPFL will make a complete arse of it, as usual.

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Spot on mate the SFA/GFA will undoubtably make us the laughing stock in Europe, they don’t care as that way as long as it suits the uglies 

I seem to be in the minority here in thinking it’s going to be a good thing.

I think it’s a lot harder for them to cheat and come up with stupid decisions when it’s there for all to see on the screen and everyone watching.

as it is just now the refs don’t need to come out and explain decisions but with this it gives them less places to hide when they’ve actually had to go and look at a screen and all eyes are in them for that minute or so.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Every 2mm offside goal against the Glasgow 2 will be rescinded, every feather touch in the box will be given to them as a penalty.

Anything any other team claims for will be waved aside "nothing to see here".

Nap

That 👆 is inevitable ... and I'm not jesting.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

If its in place this month you can guarantee that it will be for our home game against arse cheek one, and there will be "teething problems" that will benefit only one team 

Hearts Celtic first match

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

That's a good observation. Imagine if different countries used different 'rules' for e.g. offsides, or whatever? When refs from these countries all attended an international competition you'd get bizarre inconsistences between matches.

Too many folk on here just talking nonsense.. VAR as like everything else doomed by the doomsters..  and when you are all wrong and decisions are fair.  And we're getting those decisions that we normally don't get.. Will it still be a bad thing.    NAW.😎  moaning for the sake of moaning IMO. give it a chance.. and we can watch the old firm implode when they don't get their usual special treatment...

3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

That's a good observation. Imagine if different countries used different 'rules' for e.g. offsides, or whatever? When refs from these countries all attended an international competition you'd get bizarre inconsistences between matches.

I live in Germany  and it works fine

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Finally. Be great to level the playing field 

Not so long ago, H1b5 didn't have a 'level playing field' ... quite literally. A 6' drop goalmouth-to-goalmouth. That was acceptable, so I have little doubt that the playing field will be levelled via VAR.

If operated right it must be bennefficial to the game, (IF OPERATED RIGHT !!!!!) but sometimes even blatant things are conveniently ignored eg last nights Celtic game - 10 minutes left and one of their guys is held back by the arm being grabbed for a few seconds in the penalty area where a free header was denied .....blatant to all watching the game on tv/video - Totally ignored - Why ? (type of award which will also be ignored when we are playing the Uglies) 

38 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I think it’s a lot harder for them to cheat and come up with stupid decisions when it’s there for all to see on the screen and everyone watching.

as it is just now the refs don’t need to come out and explain decisions but with this it gives them less places to hide when they’ve actually had to go and look at a screen and all eyes are in them for that minute or so.

But, you've kinda answered your own scenario. As it stands, refs don't have to explain any decision, and there are plenty of 'eyes' & re-plays as it stands. That, in my opinion, won't change. The ref's decision is final.

For example, that one where the rules were amended on the spot to stop the game in Celtic's favour when their fella went down with a (possible) hammy when we were on the attack? Nae repercussions for the ref.

10 minutes ago, Peteg75 said:

I live in Germany  and it works fine

Precisely my point! Just have to employ German refs & VAR officials and all will be well.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hearts vs Celtic rumoured to be a VAR game by The Sun

The whole fixture list that week is. Starting with Hibs v St J on the Friday night.

12 minutes ago, Peteg75 said:

Too many folk on here just talking nonsense.. VAR as like everything else doomed by the doomsters..  and when you are all wrong and decisions are fair.  And we're getting those decisions that we normally don't get.. Will it still be a bad thing.    NAW.😎  moaning for the sake of moaning IMO. give it a chance.. and we can watch the old firm implode when they don't get their usual special treatment...

The thing is this. The OF will get the decisions going their way ... when it's crucial for them. Unimportant mid-table matches between St J and Dun U? They'll be VARed impeccably.

Cynical? Moi? 🤣

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Precisely my point! Just have to employ German refs & VAR officials and all will be well.

I've said this on other threads. VAR isn't the problem.  It's the part time officials that are biast. They will soon be found out though.. bring back European refs..

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Red cards for portaloo and the diving wig? 

With those two teams it could very well end up as 7-a-sides.

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

It will be a good thing IF it is done properly. 

The screens won't necessarily show the decision to the supporters in the stadium or on TV, so they will continue to be able to see what they want to see and it's up to us to believe it.  Even if they do, what are we going to do about it when they decide to stick to their initial decision or the "new" decision (whichever is the most beneficial to the Smellies).

Most of our games aren't televised, so I fear it will give them a chance to just do whatever the **** they want, because who is going to see it? Even the ones that are currently televised are full of absolutely honking decisions, and VAR isn't going to change the fact that our referees are atrocious. It's the same guys in the VAR room, nothing has changed. Now we just have a chance to be ****ed over by 2 of them instead of just the one on the pitch. 

I'm not being paranoid, or saying there is some conspiracy against other teams, but the fact of the matter is that Celtic and Rangers continually get away with things the rest of us wouldn't, and the stats of fouls per card and others like it show it, and have showed it for years.  Things are just made up on the spot, and there is nothing to be done about it. They don't care if all eyes are on them, it has never stopped them in the past. Referees have even admitted that they referee Glasgow derbies differently to the other games.  ****ing why? It's the same game, the same sport, the same rules.

VAR down south makes mistakes which go completely unchallenged and they just have to accept it.  The fact that they are coming out anticipating problems with it is absolutely ****ing mental; if you're going to be deploying something, you need to make sure that it 100% works and that people are trained and used to it. The fact that the people in charge have even come out with a statement that doesn't show 100% confidence in their ability to roll something like this out, should be worrying enough. It is not a world first, it is not some untried, untested thing that someone has dreamed up. It has been in use for years in multiple other leagues. What the **** are we playing at even suggesting that it is going to cause problems.  That's the level of competence we have from the top down, and that's the guys that are going to be running it. 

I think you're in for a shock if you think this is going to level things in any way. 

12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The screens won't necessarily show the decision to the supporters in the stadium or on TV, so they will continue to be able to see what they want to see and it's up to us to believe it.  Even if they do, what are we going to do about it when they decide to stick to their initial decision or the "new" decision (whichever is the most beneficial to the Smellies).

Most of our games aren't televised, so I fear it will give them a chance to just do whatever the **** they want, because who is going to see it? Even the ones that are currently televised are full of absolutely honking decisions, and VAR isn't going to change the fact that our referees are atrocious. It's the same guys in the VAR room, nothing has changed. Now we just have a chance to be ****ed over by 2 of them instead of just the one on the pitch. 

I'm not being paranoid, or saying there is some conspiracy against other teams, but the fact of the matter is that Celtic and Rangers continually get away with things the rest of us wouldn't, and the stats of fouls per card and others like it show it, and have showed it for years.  Things are just made up on the spot, and there is nothing to be done about it. They don't care if all eyes are on them, it has never stopped them in the past. Referees have even admitted that they referee Glasgow derbies differently to the other games.  ****ing why? It's the same game, the same sport, the same rules.

VAR down south makes mistakes which go completely unchallenged and they just have to accept it.  The fact that they are coming out anticipating problems with it is absolutely ****ing mental; if you're going to be deploying something, you need to make sure that it 100% works and that people are trained and used to it. The fact that the people in charge have even come out with a statement that doesn't show 100% confidence in their ability to roll something like this out, should be worrying enough. It is not a world first, it is not some untried, untested thing that someone has dreamed up. It has been in use for years in multiple other leagues. What the **** are we playing at even suggesting that it is going to cause problems.  That's the level of competence we have from the top down, and that's the guys that are going to be running it. 

I think you're in for a shock if you think this is going to level things in any way. 

👆 should be available via the BBC Scotland Football website.

Hackney Hearts
50 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The whole fixture list that week is. Starting with Hibs v St J on the Friday night.

Another first for the Hibbbbeeeez!

It's not fair. 🤢

8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I wasn't that enthusiastic about about Var for VARious reasons (get it?), one being that we'll hardly be able to celebrate a goal now without waiting for VAR. Another is that it's likely to add five minutes per game, which means I will have no chance of making the 5:18 from Haymarket to Queen Street, which cuts into my drinking time.

The only potential benefit I can see though is that referees will not get away with letting the fans do he refereeing when the arse-cheeks are playing at home.

If you have good officials on the park you shouldn't really notice VAR. It does what it says on the tin it's a VAR check. Watching EPL games it only overturns decisions like very close offsides. Its very rarely controversial down there now and games flow ok. Thier officials are pretty spot on most of the time. Up here well. I don't know a supporter of any team that has faith in our officials and suspicion beyond incompetency of intimidation and bias is on most folks lips. It will be interested to see how they cope with the added scrutiny. I suspect it will end up in stop start games and a complete moan fest till it settles down. One thing is for sure our officials on the park will have to pull there socks up or our suspicions will be justified.