Players boozing - will Csaba clamp down?

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

When PLG was in charge of Rangers he clamped down on this (part of the reason for the fall out between him and Barry.) I have seen it said by a number of foregin players that a critisim of Brittish football is that there is too many players going out drinkingat night clubs after games which doesn't help them.

Now I am not for one momment suggesting that there shouldn't be any at all, just wondering if Csaba will order a cut back in numbers of nights i.e. maybe 1 in 3 weeks rather than every weekend.

Carl Weathers

I don't know the drinking habits at Tynecastle but I hope the players don't get trousered every weekend.

Very unprofessional for a paid athlete.

marshallschunkychicken
When PLG was in charge of Rangers he clamped down on this (part of the reason for the fall out between him and Barry.) I have seen it said by a number of foregin players that a critisim of Brittish football is that there is too many players going out drinkingat night clubs after games which doesn't help them.

Now I am not for one momment suggesting that there shouldn't be any at all, just wondering if Csaba will order a cut back in numbers of nights i.e. maybe 1 in 3 weeks rather than every weekend.

Is there that much of a drinking culture at Hearts? I know of a couple of players who are seen out regularly, but didn't really think it was widespread.

It was a dietary issue as well Barry was very keen on his packets of monster munchies too, washed down with "bottles of ginger".

In Scotland we still have coaches and managers making jokes about who is the most hungover at training.

Embarrasing.

Hearts of Vladland

Lee Wallace will be **** then.

See him all the time having a pint in the Manse club

Whenever I have seen Hearts players out on the town they have been either on the soft drinks or very sober for 1am. I don't think it's a problem. No doubt there will be one or two who perhaps push it a bit, but I doubt it's widespread.

Salvatore's Tash

As long as its a few drinks on the night after a game, I dont see the problem. Although Shabba has already said - sundays off are a thing off the past!

CF11JamTart
In Scotland we still have coaches and managers making jokes about who is the most hungover at training.

Embarrasing.

Steady on. Alex Smith will be coming round to your house to have a word if you criticise Scottish coaches.

The Largs Mafia know what's best for you, you know...

It's embarrassing that in Scotland it's still seen as "okay" for players to be out on the **** every week, and the guys who try and get them to act like the professional athletes that they're paid handsomely to be are made out to be the bad guys.

I'm not aware of it being a particular problem at Hearts, but the "golden generation" of young players at Hibs were terrible for it. Collins is a ******, but he had the right idea re. their diets and training - and he, like le Guen, got a pounding in the media for it.

People wonder why this country's miles behind other comparably sized European nations. The sheer lack of professionalism is one reason.

Miller Jambo 60
It's the "Scottish" boys who get plastered at Hearts.

Got proof mate aye slag hearts :mad:

scott_jambo
Got proof mate aye slag hearts :mad:

aye i do so shutit dontcall my mum a slag you want a fight eheh

Unless you know all of the players or spend the whole night watching them -- first team, reserves,under 19 etc then it is not fair to tar them all with the same brush -- from info posted on here and own experience I would say that there is not really too much of a problem at the club.

Most of the players these days are well aware of diet etc and their bodies needs -- most of those who post that they have seen player X out drinking fail to ask them how much they have had and how often -- it is not wrong for players to be out -- they are the same as everyone else in that regard.

Do we know if they were out for a meal with wife/girlfriend/friends and have then gone out for a drink ? -- no in most cases yet people try to judge them.

I am sometimes surprised about the 'holier than thou' attitude taken by some posters -- funny that in this day of video and picture cameras there are no shots of the players staggering about town or being sick outside a club.

Miller Jambo 60
aye i do so shutit dontcall my mum a slag you want a fight eheh

You for real mate must be sum hobo smack you are on:hobofish:

...I am sometimes surprised about the 'holier than thou' attitude taken by some posters...

Don't think that anyone's saying that players shouldn't be allowed to drink ever, but if you're being paid well to be a professional athlete then there are sacrifices that you have to make to take care of your body. That's not a comment aimed at Hearts players - I'm not aware of any particular problem within the club - but Scottish footballers in general.

I'm reliably informed by members of Edinburgh's bouncer and club/bar manager fraternity that Hearts players are often seen but rarely drink much if at all and are often away quite early doors. Well, with the few obvious and well reported exceptions, of course. Hibs players, however, are a different story. Many of them are quite badly behaved...the younger flairmeisters mostly...in fine hobo tradition, the older ones have graduated to gambling addiction and are less inclined to get hammered and sick up on themselves. I suppose gambling is probably better for their fitness though...

jamboinglasgow
I'm reliably informed by members of Edinburgh's bouncer and club/bar manager fraternity that Hearts players are often seen but rarely drink much if at all and are often away quite early doors. Well, with the few obvious and well reported exceptions, of course. Hibs players, however, are a different story. Many of them are quite badly behaved...the younger flairmeisters mostly...in fine hobo tradition, the older ones have graduated to gambling addiction and are less inclined to get hammered and sick up on themselves. I suppose gambling is probably better for their fitness though...

That sounds good news, I was just guessing in this thread as last major coach who came in to change a club (PLG) brought in these changes.

The bit about Hibs reminded me of when I was at the Hearts v Hibs U19 game in April at Riccarton. I was standing near some of the parents of the hibs U19 and overheard one parent say, "my son seems to eat only McDonalds and take aways and drinks lots of beer, so much for the dietry plans they were given." THey were laughing at that but it was not a joke from the way they were saying it. It amazed me that the club is not more serious at checking players are eating right as diet plays a big part in a players fitness.

I would believe that our players are pretty well behaved. I don't have a problem with them drinking if they are of the next day. But I don't think they should do it before training. And never ever before games.

Although we do have to watch for dancing videos on youtube.

Let them drink when we win.

Oh come on.

These lads are too young to be completely teetotal.....

;)

Is there that much of a drinking culture at Hearts? I know of a couple of players who are seen out regularly, but didn't really think it was widespread.

the usual suspects.

berra

elliot

and velicka liked a drink when he was here because i seen him come home drunk often.

marshallschunkychicken
the usual suspects.

berra

elliot

and velicka liked a drink when he was here because i seen him come home drunk often.

And those first two are the two that I knew of.

Don't think it's really an issue. I believe that the drinking culture is positively encouraged at Rangers though, as it 'builds teamwork'. Plus McMoist loves a bevvy.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I've seen him in there quite a lot but i've gotta say that i've never seen him drinking alcohol, i'm sure it's lucozade he usually goes for

Remember when Burly was in charge there was allot more players going out. Last season when things were bad players from Hearts went out less while Hibs who were getting better results went out and got bladdered.

scottish_chicP

Seen a few hearts players out but none of them drinking except Elliot

A lot of the younger players these days are seen out at the weekends more in a sense of being seen, rather than getting trousered.

Mainly massaging their own ego's if you like.

Guest JamboRobbo
A lot of the younger players these days are seen out at the weekends more in a sense of being seen, rather than getting trousered.

Mainly massaging their own ego's if you like.

A lot better doing that than being out getting plastered then. I'm quite shocked to hear that they are so well behaved to be honest. Very unlike footballers. :)

200milesfromgorgie

I got hammerd on saturday. the wife wasn't happy. hearts should employ her.

Miller Jambo 60

:107years:

As you said a pint, wow for a lad thats having chill out time with his mates.

Get a grip.

Archived