Friendly Games -- don't read too much into them

CJGJ

After many a pre-season I have come to the conclusion that we should just ignore many of the early results in these matches -- the standard of team varies so much and the teams are either in the middle of their season or like us at the start that no clear picture is possible until maybe the last couple of games -- and even then I've seen good seasons after bad results and poor seasons after good results.

Of course there is a greater sense of optimism at this time but perhaps the only thing we will find out in the short term is whether some of the attitude/fitness problems due to a lack of manager and poor preparation last year have been addressed.

Maybe we will see if some of the posters have been correct and that many of our problems could be fixed if only we had direction and not because players are not good enough.

PS still need to cull the squad to make way for youngsters and new signings.

Defo.... shouldnt read to much in to them at all.... we might be able to read what Csaba will be like but thats it tbh.

I made this point when saing I hoped the fans wouldn't take the hump after a few bad results in pre season.

Chad Sexington
Defo.... shouldnt read to much in to them at all.... we might be able to read what Csaba will be like but thats it tbh.

I made this point when saing I hoped the fans wouldn't take the hump after a few bad results in pre season.

I would go further than that and say we need to be patient in the competitive games as well.

It could take Csaba 6 months to a year to have the players he wants playing like he wants.

There are bound to be a few bad results. After all, the wage thieves of last season aint going to turn into world beaters just cos Csaba's here.

He'll need to weed the wasters out.

No doubt the Csab GTF brigade will rear their ugly head if he doesn't get off to a flyer though.

:rolleyes:

i wouldnt be too bothered about the early games it could take all season to sort our team out. some of the dross might take a bit of shifting!!

I dunno. Man Utd defeated the European greats of Aberdeen 2-0 without Ronaldo. I now reckon they might be able to win the premiership again.

Archived