Hibs were INVITED

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=122884

Now it makes sense. It doesn't matter if there's only 2000 people there, Hibs were INVITED to play Barcelona, and as such THEY will be paid for this game.

Of course when the yams played Barca, it cost them ?1m to stage the game, and it was a big farce. Those yams barely broke even. We had to pay Barcelona over ?1m just to get them to consider playing us.

How silly of us. If only we could be as important as Hibs.

maroonlegions

Now it makes sense. It doesn't matter if there's only 2000 people there, Hibs were INVITED to play Barcelona, and as such THEY will be paid for this game.

Of course when the yams played Barca, it cost them ?1m to stage the game, and it was a big farce. Those yams barely broke even. We had to pay Barcelona over ?1m just to get them to consider playing us.

aye, invited to be embarrassed by a near empty stadium and to suffer a good old pumping , they fall into it every time eh.:107years:

Captain Lithuania

Whilst we were playing Barcelona, Real Sociedad wouldn't play them.. I bet they were thinking.. Who??

Captain Lithuania
This looks like being fancy dress time again from hibs fans.:)

Empty seats methinks :P.

You should get your facts right mate! Hearts did not organise last year's game against Barca, and it cost them nothing to play it. They actually made quite a bit of money - but not from the gate receipts - from the and ons. The same promotion company that are organising the Hibs game took all of the risk - and therefore most of the profit. You will recall that last year's match was billed "Barcelona v Hearts" and have seen that this year's is "Barcelona V Hibs". In case you hadn't worked that out it means that Barca are the hosts. It's their game!

:dribble:

marshallschunkychicken
Whilst we were playing Barcelona, Real Sociedad wouldn't play them.. I bet they were thinking.. Who??

Around the same time we were knocking back Juventus as well IIRC.... :)

You should get your facts right mate! Hearts did not organise last year's game against Barca, and it cost them nothing to play it. They actually made quite a bit of money - but not from the gate receipts - from the and ons. The same promotion company that are organising the Hibs game took all of the risk - and therefore most of the profit. You will recall that last year's match was billed "Barcelona v Hearts" and have seen that this year's is "Barcelona V Hibs". In case you hadn't worked that out it means that Barca are the hosts. It's their game!

Clearly you don't do irony then.

Not even when its as blatantly obvious as in the original post.

:107years:

Clearly you don't do irony then.

Not even when its as blatantly obvious as in the original post.

:107years:

Irony - on Kickback? Well, there's a first!

:)

As i recall it was indeed Bracas game last year but we got a fixed fee plus a certain percentage of the takings after Barcas fee was deducted. I'm sure we made over ?300K. I think the Hobos are heading for another major embarrassment after their ill fated venture in the Inter Tattie cup.

Werent we offered the chance to play them again this preseason and knocked them back hence why Hibs are playing them. Or did I dream that, would have been a pretty poor dream tbh.

As i recall it was indeed Bracas game last year but we got a fixed fee plus a certain percentage of the takings after Barcas fee was deducted. I'm sure we made over ?300K. I think the Hobos are heading for another major embarrassment after their ill fated venture in the Inter Tattie cup.

They will pocket a sizeable sum from catering though surely ?..............ought to run into the thousands of pounds with the amount of HUMBLE PIE being consumed :107years:

Fat Striker

As I recall the club kept us informed with regular updates of ticket sales in the lead up to the match. Everytime you thought a plateau had been reached another few thousand were sold.

Have Hibs made ANY announcement regarding the number of tickets sold?

Does not look good for the flairmeisters.

Malcolm Tucker
Werent we offered the chance to play them again this preseason and knocked them back hence why Hibs are playing them. Or did I dream that, would have been a pretty poor dream tbh.

Nope pretty sure that's spot on mate. We didn't want to as we considered it detrimental to our build-up last season.

Hence the reason we're only spending a wee bit of time in Germany as opposed to a long time like last season.

Chad Sexington
Nope pretty sure that's spot on mate. We didn't want to as we considered it detrimental to our build-up last season.

Correct.

Barca friendlies are sooooooo last season.

gok2-431x300.jpg

lost in leith

We made ?100k profit from the Barca game. Source? Stewart Fraser.

Prince Buaben

Get the jist of the thread although can read weeteam.net as banned but really they are on a money loss if they dont get a decent crowd which really couldnt have happened to a nicer team

Nelly Terraces
Is that The Roseburn Bar?

I can be there in 5minutes, if you want me to take a gander mate?:P

oh ah grantona

i think hibs know the sh it is hitting the fan as on forth 1 that stott saying it dosent matter if you are a hibby come along and see the worst barca team in years

Miller Jambo 60
i think hibs know the sh it is hitting the fan as on forth 1 that stott saying it dosent matter if you are a hibby come along and see the worst barca team in years

Will pash my pants when the clowns get 18000 end off:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

Its laughable, i wonder who will be in goals, Maka butter fingers, or mcneal drop the ball, just bring back Zibby he is a legend down Gorgie.:bravo:

Its laughable, i wonder who will be in goals, Maka butter fingers, or mcneal drop the ball, just bring back Zibby he is a legend down Gorgie.:bravo:

I've heard he drops the ball because it means he gets to bend over to pick it up.

I've heard he drops the ball because it means he gets to bend over to pick it up.

The amount of times he has bent doon too pick the ball out the net, i hears he has got problems with his back.:Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Yeah Chris, get your facts straight.

Mate.

How can you ever think to speak in such a way about the Hibs. They were the first club in the country to have floodlights don't you know.

Will pash my pants when the clowns get 18000 end off:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

SPEAKING TO ONE OF MY HOBO MATES ( SORRY TO HAVE TO ADMIT THAT) . BUT HE GOES TO EVERY HIBS GAME POSSIBLE , SO IS A GOOD SOURCE , AND HE TOLD ME HIBS HAVE ONLY SOLD JUST OVER 7000K TICKETS FOR BARCA GAME.HE ASKED ME WHAT WAS AT JAMBO V BARCA GAME , COULD'NT HELP BUT LAUGH, INFACT STILL LAUGHING WRITING THIS. HEE HEE.

SPEAKING TO ONE OF MY HOBO MATES ( SORRY TO HAVE TO ADMIT THAT) . BUT HE GOES TO EVERY HIBS GAME POSSIBLE , SO IS A GOOD SOURCE , AND HE TOLD ME HIBS HAVE ONLY SOLD JUST OVER 7000K TICKETS FOR BARCA GAME.HE ASKED ME WHAT WAS AT JAMBO V BARCA GAME , COULD'NT HELP BUT LAUGH, INFACT STILL LAUGHING WRITING THIS. HEE HEE.

He's at the lash mate. There's no stadium on the planet that holds 7 million.

Oh, and if you glance to the left of your keyboard you'll find the "caps lock" key. Please press it and stop shouting. Thanks. ;)

Miller Jambo 60

Oh, and if you glance to the left of your keyboard you'll find the "caps lock" key. Please press it and stop shouting. Thanks. ;)

Ha Ha HOBOS are a joke.

SORRY ABOUT THE 'K' AND I LIKE SHOUTING , GOT 3 KIDS AND A DOG . Anyway still laughing . But he is now saying its only because neutrals went to the game that made up the crowd , :hobofish:you have to laugh. 7000 for the best footballing team( according to the media) v barca( must be the 2nd best then) team. :)

I can see why there a so few tickets sold - after all, when you get flair week in, week out, why get excited about a second rate team like Barca?

Better quality in the entry game to the Inter-toto anyway.

Suspect Device

you gotta laugh though

Barca obviously enjoyed the training facilities at St Andrews and enjoyed playing in the countries capital in front of circa 57k fans.

they thought they'd like to do it again , "but in the interests of fairness, perhaps we should play the other team from the capital, we'll get decent crowd, just like last year".

quite simply Barca didn't realise how insignificant the hobbits are.

shame for Barca really

Generic Username
My source tells me they're gay. All of them.

Even over here I can't escape them.

My boss tells me there's another lad from Edinburgh in the office, introduces us, turns out he's a tramp.

That was the last time I talked to either of them.

Couple of stains, the pair of them.

Malcolm Tucker

My boss tells me there's another lad from Edinburgh in the office, introduces us, turns out he's a tramp.

That's horrible man. :sad:

Generic Username
That's horrible man. :sad:

I'm going to do a poo on his desk and put a little maroon flag in it.

Malcolm Tucker
I'm going to do a poo on his desk and put a little maroon flag in it.

Respec'

Guest juvehearts

more comedy from doon giro way.

only 7k tickets sold then,

wonder if hibs should do what brazil did a few years ago.

swap a ticket for 'kind'

probally too late, but i know barca are sponcered by UNICEF.

swap a match tickey for a football top or something simlar?

is that just too simple?

FTH

What and dress poor wee kids like docksiders.

That's the sort of thing UNICEF are trying to stamp out.

Hans von Luck

I've heard that "Wee Burnie" McNeil has got the hots for Clum. :rolleyes:

camsanozziejambo2

G,DAY

Would not mind having a hobo in my office.

Hanging **** all day every day , oh what a feeling

HOO ROO

The Mighty Thor

The game is being hosted by Platinum One Group, who swallowed up Gavin Hastings sports event group a few years ago, and it is they that are setting the agenda for Barca's visit to Scotland..

I'd imagine they will take a bath on the fees they are paying Barca if only 10,000 or so turn up.

Still good fodder to rip the tramps with though.

Charlie-Brown

Whether it is Hibernian FC or Platinum One group or whoever loses money on this tie is irrelevant (and they are advertising the game on STV as I type) the fact is the total attendance will be an embarrassment compared to the same fixture v Hearts last summer. :)

Frankenstein Jambo.

The green vermin from down the road are the most deluded bunch of so called football fans (or should i say hooftball fans) on the planet.

FACT: Hibs are playing a very poor Barca team compaired to last season.

FACT: The glamour from last years game HEARTS V BARCA is so much better than HIBS V BARCA. They can't even sell there tickets which shows how much of an embarrassment

They are. now They are desperate and are trying to justify the game by saying they are making money where as we didn't. Thats alot of bull. We made 300k after ticket sales and merchandise.

Hibs are the wee team and will always be the wee team. I just hope they don't embarrase the scottish game to much.

One of the many deluded hibs fans i work with says they have only sold 13,000 his girlfriend works in easter road accounts dept

Frankenstein Jambo.

Yeah, getting front row seats to see what they are up against next year :P

Archived