***Official Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

FFFF; WHAT!

There was thousands left the other day!

😂 I don’t think there was … perhaps 2 or 3 hundred over a week ago! Should have bought the 3 game package! ♥️

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Hearts007

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

😂 I don’t think there was … perhaps 2 or 3 hundred over a week ago! Should have bought the 3 game package! ♥️

It's funny, yeah?

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Was that not the RFS game?

Bought rangers ticket at 2:19pm; there was absolutely loads left at that time

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's funny, yeah?

Still worth checking throughout the week just in case.

I am mystified by the large number of seats that have been put up for resale. Surely as a season ticket holder this is one of the top 6-8 games you would want to attend in the season.

Yes , of course there are reasons why people cannot attend specific games but just feels odd.

Having said all of that and with 200-300 tickets still available, I think the Club are missing a trick by not heavily marketing that to people that might just want to buy tickets for the game.

It still feels that our Marketing and Ticket Office could be sharpened up. Foundation Reps - I am sure you are on the case , but constructive feedback required I think!

2 minutes ago, DMR123 said:

I am mystified by the large number of seats that have been put up for resale. Surely as a season ticket holder this is one of the top 6-8 games you would want to attend in the season.

Yes , of course there are reasons why people cannot attend specific games but just feels odd.

Having said all of that and with 200-300 tickets still available, I think the Club are missing a trick by not heavily marketing that to people that might just want to buy tickets for the game.

It still feels that our Marketing and Ticket Office could be sharpened up. Foundation Reps - I am sure you are on the case , but constructive feedback required I think!

isnt there rail strikes tomorrow that will cause lots of travel difficulties?

10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's funny, yeah?

I thought it was a joke!!

Especially as it’s on a vs Rangers thread not a Conference home tickets thread ..

0712409A-D766-44AA-BBBF-3B89801FFC12.jpeg

07FD2B2F-0920-4ADC-9F0D-BAEC4730B7AF.jpeg

67E58967-E75D-4BED-B81E-15165B34BFE0.jpeg

BB86E4C5-7C93-4307-BA83-B59CAF7921CA.jpeg

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Still worth checking throughout the week just in case.

Yes, well, it is my tough shit; I could've got one; just have to try to get one elsewhere

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

isnt there rail strikes tomorrow that will cause lots of travel difficulties?

Of course , but my main point is why aren’t the Club pushing hard to sell the available tickets? 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, DMR123 said:

Not the trains that are a big issue for a lot of people?

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I thought it was a joke!!

Especially as it’s on a vs Rangers thread not a Conference home tickets thread ..

Na, no joke; that thread is huge and I'm too busy to read it

It's my responsibility to keep an eye on it; just thought there would be some left today

I'll have to get one elsewhere; shame; could have done with the LPs

36 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Na, no joke; that thread is huge and I'm too busy to read it

It's my responsibility to keep an eye on it; just thought there would be some left today

I'll have to get one elsewhere; shame; could have done with the LPs

Is it just one you are after?

47 minutes ago, DMR123 said:

It's becoming pretty clear that there are 400-500 people minimum who buy a ST for the ease of having them and often as a family or friends group so guaranteed seats together. They can afford to only attend 50% of the games or whatever and just see that as part of the overall expense. There are even people who live abroad who might only be in a Edinburgh a few times a season but still purchase the ticket. My suspicion is that when 2nd January rocks round there will be far fewer tickets available on the Ticket Exchange when it inevitably is opened. It isn't the best for atmosphere but with the new system it does mean a bit of extra cash for Hearts as they get 50% of any resold seats (maybe more depending on what the fan does with their credit come May.

The game next Thursday should in theory see one of the biggest possible home supports these days as there will be no Ticket Exchange as everyone has bought tickets, presumably with the intent to attend and it's sold out after the release of spare hospitality! 

Edited by Luckies1874

Francis Albert
45 minutes ago, DMR123 said:

Of course , but my main point is why aren’t the Club pushing hard to sell the available tickets? 

Good question. Difficult to find available tickets even after logging into e tickets.

38 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

It's becoming pretty clear that there are 400-500 people minimum who buy a ST for the ease of having them and often as a family or friends group so guaranteed seats together. They can afford to only attend 50% of the games or whatever and just see that as part of the overall expense. There are even people who live abroad who might only be in a Edinburgh a few times a season but still purchase the ticket. My suspicion is that when 2nd January rocks round there will be far fewer tickets available on the Ticket Exchange when it inevitably is opened. It isn't the best for atmosphere but with the new system it does mean a bit of extra cash for Hearts as they get 50% of any resold seats (maybe more depending on what the fan does with their credit come May.

The game next Thursday should in theory see one of the biggest possible home supports these days as there will be no Ticket Exchange as everyone has bought tickets, presumably with the intent to attend and it's sold out after the release of spare hospitality! 

Eh, guilty as charged. Living in Wales, the number of games I can make will be limited, but only by having an ST can I be sure of attending the big games (I’ll be there tomorrow and on Thursday). I haven’t done badly - tomorrow was meant to be my third league game of the season, but they cancelled the St M game because of the Queen.

I did put my seat for United on the ticket exchange - never sold though.

Just now, Doc Rob said:

Eh, guilty as charged. Living in Wales, the number of games I can make will be limited, but only by having an ST can I be sure of attending the big games (I’ll be there tomorrow and on Thursday). I haven’t done badly - tomorrow was meant to be my third league game of the season, but they cancelled the St M game because of the Queen.

Totally get it, with limited capacity I can understand people doing exactly that. It's good that we have the Ticket Exchange but currently it's really only the derby that is going to see that utilised to any great degree and of course that will likely be a fixture where far less seats are actually released by ST holders! If and when we can become more successful and have a team that more of the irregular attendees want to come and see the Ticket Exchange will become more important. Equally the club have made the decision (rightly in my view) to only give the Old Firm 2 sections. There would be few if any tickets available for tomorrow if Hearts fans were having to buy released ST seats instead of the home sections in the Roseburn. 

Off piste, I'm in Benidorm and just missed a few jambos in the pub I'm in, apparently. Any jambo in Benidorm for the game tomorrow, we can upgrade by 3

Looking forward to this one today.

A good start against this mob is exactly what we need at the start of one of the most challenging sets of fixtures we've ever seen. 

2-1 Hearts, Shankland and Forrest with the goals. Kio MOTM. 

3 minutes ago, poultry said:

Can't make this today through illness. Do hesgoal still show the spl games ?

Yeah. Hesgoal has been a bit sketchy recently.

joondalupjambo
8 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Agree with the bulk of what you say but also think for games at home against TRFC and Celtic with 12.30 kick offs there are also a big number who do not go to the games for a variety of reasons.   Distance to travel, on TV, do not take their kids to these games, last minute call off's, possibly poor weather etc. and these folk are in addition to the 400 to 500 you mention.  

I will not be surprised to see a fairly large number of empty seats today.  In saying that there is the train strike today as well so that just adds another reason to this issue.  

2 hours ago, DxB Hearts said:

Looking forward to this one today.

A good start against this mob is exactly what we need at the start of one of the most challenging sets of fixtures we've ever seen. 

2-1 Hearts, Shankland and Forrest with the goals. Kio MOTM. 

Game will be won/lost in midfield. Big game for Kio but I’ve a feeling he’ll be more than up for it

10 hours ago, DMR123 said:

cant speak for others but I’m on holiday. I’d rather put it on the exchange than lie empty. There will be a fair few that are similar. Schools back so a  window time to get away. Gutted to miss it but will be cheering the lads on 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

The Treasurer
8 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

What happens with your seat for games you can't attend and don't sell out. 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

What happens with your seat for games you can't attend and don't sell out. 

That’s the issue with ticket exchange - if I give it up and the game doesn’t sell out, it will be unused.

alicante jambo

Buzzing for this big time. 5 goals scored in our last 2 games with 0 conceded but i dont think sevco will squander as much chances as motherwell did so i reckon we will need to score twice. Going 2_1 for the jts shankland and forrest for us and colak for them. Massive game lets get behind the boys fi start to finish and send these wan_ers back along the m8 with nothing.

2-0 Hearts victory,

Shankland with both,

just enough to go above them on goal difference, long overdue a win against that lot.

HHGH 

Diadora Van Basten
52 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

That’s the issue with ticket exchange - if I give it up and the game doesn’t sell out, it will be unused.

I put a couple on last night and haven’t heard anything so take it they haven’t sold. It had a deadline for 10am.

2 hours ago, poultry said:

Can't make this today through illness. Do hesgoal still show the spl games ?

Try this one, has been far better than Hesgoal the last couple of times I have watched

https://sportshd.co/live

Hope its good same as the result 👍

wrong thread I know.

Anybody interested in 2 Gorgie stand row 26 tickets for Thursday. Bought for 2 pals who can no longer make it. Face value at £35 each.

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

?? Ticket exchange only ever comes in when the game is sold out. If it's not sold out then people can buy available tickets. 

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

?? Ticket exchange only ever comes in when the game is sold out. If it's not sold out then people can buy available tickets. 

True, but by then it may be too late to gift it to a friend, or friend's friend/laddie/lassie hence leaving an empty seat.

3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

True, but by then it may be too late to gift it to a friend, or friend's friend/laddie/lassie hence leaving an empty seat.

What?? If you can't go and want to give it to friends then do it. What would be too late, he's talking about games that don't sell out so ticket exchange has nothing to do with it. 

I suppose you, and he, could mean he is waiting for a sellout so he can make some money back but that's his choice to make. We can't have ticket exchange active until all seats are sold, otherwise the club loses money 

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What?? If you can't go and want to give it to friends then do it. What would be too late, he's talking about games that don't sell out so ticket exchange has nothing to do with it. 

I suppose you, and he, could mean he is waiting for a sellout so he can make some money back but that's his choice to make. We can't have ticket exchange active until all seats are sold, otherwise the club loses money 

No, I was suggesting that upon a game selling out the ticket is put on the Exchange along with possibly hundreds of others. Any of these tickets are effectively unavailable to gift should they then fail to sell (although I think it's possible to take a seat off the exchange but that's unlikely to happen if someone's commited their ST to the scheme).

Anybody interested in 2 tickets for todays game. I'm not a tout, 2 people have let me down for today and Thursday. I,m leaving soon for todays match so I need a quick reply otherwise I'll be outside Tynie Arms about 12.15.

So it’s now 10am …. why do tickets in the ticket exchange go ‘off sale’ at this time (I think)?

PS there’s loads left 

42 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Try this one, has been far better than Hesgoal the last couple of times I have watched

https://sportshd.co/live

Hope its good same as the result 👍

That's greatly appreciated mmerrymac. Thank you. 🇱🇻